Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:39:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]  (Read 103082 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2015, 10:34:19 PM »

Howard Stern would do a phenomenal interview. Imagine he has both axl and slash on for one of his marathon interviews! But I'll start with the Kimmel interview. And I do think Slash n Duff will be there. Big things to come here.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2015, 11:25:55 PM »

But do you guys think, after all this time, you want each and every detail?

If so, Kimmel is not the right forum.

He can be such a ballbreaker though.

I think he's hilarious, personally.  His takedown of Jay Leno - on Jay's own show, no less - was one of the best things I ever saw live.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2015, 11:28:07 PM »

But do you guys think, after all this time, you want each and every detail?

If so, Kimmel is not the right forum.

He can be such a ballbreaker though.

I think he's hilarious, personally.  His takedown of Jay Leno - on Jay's own show, no less - was one of the best things I ever saw live.

I was just thinking in the amount of time they have available, we can't expect any in-depth interview.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2015, 11:39:14 PM »

No, not really.

You just hope they all seem like they are having fun.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2015, 12:13:54 AM »

What happens if Axl comes on Kimmel and says:
"Over the past few months I've heard all these rumors and this and that and yadda yadda about a reunion of the old band floating around on the web, and all these guys commenting and getting their chips in "Oh isn't that cool?! Axl made nice with everyone!" and you know, I thought I'd come here and address it all. Slash and I are on good terms again, for now there's good vibes, and a whole lot of stuff just got blown out of proportion, as usual by the media to support their own agendas. And you know, it's come to such an avalanche of misinformation to mislead our fans that I've got to come here on live TV to address it. While the relationship between Slash and I has improved, we've both decided you know, a reunion's just not in the cards. Not now or at any foreseeable point. I'm here to tell you, to clear up the muddiness, that the new band will be moving forward once we get our new guitarists, then we're on to the next leg of the tour and the next album!"

What's the fallout from that?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2015, 12:23:23 AM »

Why would he do that on TV?

There's no upside to that. Negative publicity all round.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2015, 12:25:33 AM »

Howard Stern would do a phenomenal interview. Imagine he has both axl and slash on for one of his marathon interviews! But I'll start with the Kimmel interview. And I do think Slash n Duff will be there. Big things to come here.
Hoping for a Stern interview as well. Howard has mentioned a few times how much he wants to interview Axl in the past. Would be a great forum to get the word out. An hour plus interview, to say whatever they want to get off their chest. Howard is a big fan at heart too. He'd be more than fair.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2015, 12:31:55 AM »

Hoping for a Stern interview as well. Howard has mentioned a few times how much he wants to interview Axl in the past. Would be a great forum to get the word out. An hour plus interview, to say whatever they want to get off their chest. Howard is a big fan at heart too. He'd be more than fair.

Howard would say stuff which would re-open old wounds and end any reunion in two seconds flat. Howard lives for controversy, he's a troll. Single-handedly getting Axl to hate Slash all over again would be a notch in his belt to him.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2015, 12:50:19 AM »

Howard would say stuff which would re-open old wounds and end any reunion in two seconds flat. Howard lives for controversy, he's a troll. Single-handedly getting Axl to hate Slash all over again would be a notch in his belt to him.
I don't think you know how Howard operates because he doesn't operate that way. He's always respectful of his guests. It'd be the one thing if Axl showed up and was at odds with Slash. Then, yes, Howard would work to get to the bottom of that. But if there's a reunion going on, do you honestly think Howard would take pride in being the one who ruined a potential reunion? Again, I suspect you don't know enough about Stern and how he operates.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2015, 12:56:02 AM »

"Over the past few months I've heard all these rumors and this and that and yadda yadda about a reunion of the old band floating around on the web, and all these guys commenting and getting their chips in "Oh isn't that cool?! Axl made nice with everyone!" and you know, I thought I'd come here and address it all. Slash and I are on good terms again, for now there's good vibes, and a whole lot of stuff just got blown out of proportion, as usual by the media to support their own agendas. And you know, it's come to such an avalanche of misinformation to mislead our fans that I've got to come here on live TV to address it. While the relationship between Slash and I has improved, we've both decided you know, a reunion's just not in the cards. Not now or at any foreseeable point. I'm here to tell you, to clear up the muddiness, that the new band will be moving forward once we get our new guitarists, then we're on to the next leg of the tour and the next album!"

Can you please stop with your negative hypotheticals. There would be absolutely no reason to go on a talk show to shoot this down use common sense please. I'm sorry but this type of thing is aggravating after all these months of waiting.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2015, 02:12:16 AM »

That you wrote some bad fanfiction.

jk (well, sort of).
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2015, 02:24:40 AM »

^i think its safe to say that wont happen. there would have to be some good news in there at least, like hey guys no reunion but our next album will be out on friday. otherwise, why even make an appearance? it would be better just to stay quiet until they had some good news to share after all the reunion hype died down if it indeed wasnt happening.

best case scenario all around would be hey guys reunion is on, were releasing the second half of cd and cd remix (insert relatively soon date), then doing coachella with slash and duff, and then a huge tour. currently working on music with slash and duff for the album that will come out after cd2.

can you imagine that? what a home run that would be. 

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Gman84
Opening Act

« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2015, 02:25:23 AM »

Can you please stop with your negative hypotheticals. There would be absolutely no reason to go on a talk show to shoot this down use common sense please. I'm sorry but this type of thing is aggravating after all these months of waiting.

My first post on here, long time lurker Grin so here goes:

I've been a fan since '88 and was lucky enough to see the band on the Illusion tour so all these rumours have got me as excited as anyone else and I really hope they're true but until we've had word from the horses mouth (Axl) then you have to accept there is still a possibility that he may well just go out and shoot the rumours down.  Following this band for the amount of time I have you learn to expect the unexpected and just when you think somethings going to happen you know it might just not be the case.

All the signs look positive, the fact that no one - Axl, Duff or Slash - has shot them down previously and that the rumours seem
To be gaining traction but like I say until you actually hear it from the people who are (possibly) involved I don't blame anyone for having doubts.  It's not about being negative it's about being realistic and history tells us G N' R and especially Axl do things how they want to do them not how everyone else expects them to do it.

Again, I really hope this is happening though.
overmatik
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2015, 02:50:52 AM »

I'd say that Axl, Slash and Duff being on Kimmel is a given. Of course they have to say it's going to be just Axl so there's a mystery in the air. If they said the three would be there it would be clear they'd be announcing the reunion.

The timing is perfect. The reunion is announced on Tuesday night then the Coachella line up is made public on the next day.  peace
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2015, 03:03:18 AM »

I'd say that Axl, Slash and Duff being on Kimmel is a given. Of course they have to say it's going to be just Axl so there's a mystery in the air. If they said the three would be there it would be clear they'd be announcing the reunion.

The timing is perfect. The reunion is announced on Tuesday night then the Coachella line up is made public on the next day.  peace

That's a very good point. They can't very well say the rest of the band will be there. If they did there would be nothing to announce really. We'd know the reunion is happening.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2015, 03:04:40 AM »

Yeah Howard would be the best interview by far. Hopefully it happens. I'd imagine Kimmel just where he is in LA. more convenient.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
peka80
Headliner

Living easy, livin' free!!!

« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2015, 04:20:40 AM »

I can only say that dreams do come true!!!  Cheesy
As a kid in 1993 when they split, I was devastated. And knowing there's no chance in the world they would reunite, there was always that little hope that keep telling me "believe, believe..."

And look now!  ok Grin

Funny how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2015, 04:25:03 AM »

So is Bumblefoot officially gone??  Huh
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2015, 04:38:44 AM »

Yeah Ron is definitely gone.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2015, 05:23:22 AM »

I am looking forward to finding out what the line up of my favourite band in the world is.    It's only been about a year and half
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: