Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:01:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]  (Read 102765 times)
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #380 on: January 05, 2016, 01:31:26 AM »

it would be axl vs some american companies which of whom prevents locals to gather rainwater.

how we do know they didn't wrongfully schedule him and put it down after a C&D? Just trying to determine if I should be awake. I am owned by my gf so... Embarrassed

They wouldn't do it through a cease and desist in that kind of context. That's more for if the likes of me or you claimed Axl was endorsing our podcast or something. Basically a legal nudge, the soft touch.

Trust me (well, or don't. I mean, I can't make you. But I've no reason to bs) I've been up all night talking to people. As Jarmo so astutely seemed to deduce I do know a person or two (ok, it is two) connected to ABC and all I've been told is Axl was confirmed for tomorrow, most definitely. As far as she, she being the one who's more equipped to know what's going on with Kimmel knows, they're still planning on Axl maybe being there. Don't take that as confirmation of anything, because she heard it through a colleague who works directly on the show's post production, and if this is all some fucked up double bluff who knows whether he's telling what he's been told to tell, he's been told what the bookers have been told to tell him, blah blah blah down the goddamn rabbit hole we go.
overmatik
« Reply #381 on: January 05, 2016, 01:33:52 AM »

Wow- we have a confirmed Cochella date, with at least Slash and Duff and some of you guys are still whining about the Kimmel show?

Amazing!
Once Again you took the words right out of my mouth!

It's just that some people thought that things now would be different, and this cancellation brought bad memories from 2002. This is going to be a bumpy ride for sure, but it's going to be great, anyway.  beer
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #382 on: January 05, 2016, 01:34:53 AM »

Wow- we have a confirmed Cochella date, with at least Slash and Duff and some of you guys are still whining about the Kimmel show?

Amazing!

A concert we may or may not get to see in 3 months depending on location, travel, finances, streaming options etc. versus perhaps seeing Axl and Slash together for the first time in 22+ years together on something the whole global GNR fan community can enjoy together....TOMORROW?!

Yeah, gee whiz, I can't see why any fan would care about that.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #383 on: January 05, 2016, 01:41:28 AM »

lol, if u ask critical questions ur a hater now... Tongue

As Jarmo so astutely seemed to deduce I do know a person or two (ok, it is two) connected to ABC and all I've been told is Axl was confirmed for tomorrow, most definitely.

I believe(d) that, just the fucking cancellation and silence (from gnr) bugs me, and this:

Said a source with "Jimmy Kimmel Live" who declined to go on the record or elaborate: "Due to unforeseen circumstances, unfortunately Axl is no longer scheduled to be on Kimmel tomorrow."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:56:44 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #384 on: January 05, 2016, 01:42:05 AM »

Amazing!

A concert we may or may not get to see in 3 months depending on location, travel, finances, streaming options etc. versus perhaps seeing Axl and Slash together for the first time in 22+ years together on something the whole global GNR fan community can enjoy together....TOMORROW?!

"Be happy with what you get, they don't owe you anything, and you shouldn't wait around" - that should pretty much carry the party line from our vocal female contingent...  Wink
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #385 on: January 05, 2016, 02:02:50 AM »

As Jarmo so astutely seemed to deduce I do know a person or two (ok, it is two) connected to ABC and all I've been told is Axl was confirmed for tomorrow, most definitely.

I believe(d) that, just the fucking cancellation and silence (from gnr) bugs me, and this:

Said a source with "Jimmy Kimmel Live" who declined to go on the record or elaborate: "Due to unforeseen circumstances, unfortunately Axl is no longer scheduled to be on Kimmel tomorrow."

Well to be fair of all the nights to accuse them of being silent, the night they confirmed Coachella and basically confirmed Slash and Duff's return isn't really one of them. Got to give them kudos for nipping the temporary disappointment in the bud very quickly. For a moment it looked like all might be lost. We've quickly found out the grand plan still stands and any problems are between Guns and the TV show, not Guns and each other, which was the worry.

Amazing!

"Be happy with what you get, they don't owe you anything, and you shouldn't wait around" - that should pretty much carry the party line from our vocal female contingent...  Wink

I guess so. Just nice when fans want what's best for fans and don't feel the need for putting each other down for looking forward to what they thought was happening. Would honestly probably bring a tear to my eye to watch this reunion with Kimmel on my laptop and HTGTH open on my phone with yous guys, all feeling all whatever The Day We Never Thought Would Happen has to throw at us. You don't get many moments like that in rock n roll anymore. Still let's see how this plays out.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #386 on: January 05, 2016, 02:26:44 AM »

Amazing!

I don't speak whinese- so sorry. Most of your posts are critical and negative. Poor you--->  crying

I am looking forward to Cochella in April!  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #387 on: January 05, 2016, 02:49:56 AM »

You know, any reunion story that comes out in the next few days will also mention this.

And it's going to read like a headline from The Onion.

"Guns N' Roses To Reunite.  Singer Axl Rose No-Shows First Interview."

you made me laugh Cheesy

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #388 on: January 05, 2016, 02:55:52 AM »

is this legit reunion vid?
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9ryG9UPHH8

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #389 on: January 05, 2016, 03:15:18 AM »

Axl hasn't actually said Slash's name or vice versa. He confirmed the concert but I'm waiting for him to actually say Slash!!  hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #390 on: January 05, 2016, 06:31:55 AM »

It is 100% impossible that is not a mistake by JKL-team?

Yes.  100% impossible as laid out by you (an employee read a rumor and decided to update all their media based on it).

And pretty much 100% impossible that it was a "mistake by JKL team".  Because of the amount of communication with the guest (and their management team, potentially), back checking, and the sheer NUMBER of JKL team members that would be involved in the process, from start to finish, LONG before the media stuff (web, show descriptions, etc) goes out to the people who DO the updates (who, FYI, don't even work directly for the show...they're in corporate IT and in Network Scheduling).

You're basically saying, by suggesting this, that a whole cadre of employees at JKL are so completely incompetent that they would choose to do their jobs in a manner completely inconsistent with the way they do their jobs every day, and the way they have been trained to do their job.  Not one person..but a veritable army of them.

So, yeah...zero chance this was a JKL team screw up.  Axl (and his team?), for whatever reason, chose...at some point yesterday, for some reason...to not do the show.  It was scheduled. He, and management, knew about it and had agreed to it.  JKLs comment last night confirm that, too.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #391 on: January 05, 2016, 07:07:28 AM »

how we do know they didn't wrongfully schedule him and put it down after a C&D? Just trying to determine if I should be awake. pretty much owned by my gf so... Embarrassed

No.

Because the process doesn't work that way.

There is so much communication, and so many conversations, and so much SCHEDULING (arrival, hair and makeup, preinterview, etc, etc etc) with the guest PRIOR to the "updates" going to the folks that actually do them...this is a functional impossibility.  You can't "wrongfully schedule" him.

The appearance was planned and known about by everyone.  Otherwise those updates never make it into the hands of the departments...OUTSIDE of JKL...who actually construct the updates.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 07:14:08 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #392 on: January 05, 2016, 07:23:26 AM »

how we do know they didn't wrongfully schedule him and put it down after a C&D? Just trying to determine if I should be awake. pretty much owned by my gf so... Embarrassed

No.

Because the process doesn't work that way.

There is so much communication, and so many conversations, and so much SCHEDULING (arrival, hair and makeup, preinterview, etc, etc etc) with the guest PRIOR to the "updates" going to the folks that actually do them...this is a functional impossibility.  You can't "wrongfully schedule" him.

The appearance was planned and known about by everyone.  Otherwise those updates never make it into the hands of the departments...OUTSIDE of JKL...who actually construct the updates.
At first I was thinking Axl just wasn't ready to be on TV... Now I am thinking it was the bait and switch.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #393 on: January 05, 2016, 08:00:16 AM »

At first I was thinking Axl just wasn't ready to be on TV... Now I am thinking it was the bait and switch.

Who knows.  As Kimmel said "reasons known only to Axl".  Maybe we'll get a heads up, at some point, but..I'm betting not.

He could be sick, Coachella could have decided they needed to get the lineup out earlier than originally planned (tickets do go on sale in about 30 hours or so), or some other reason we can't fathom.

We got our announcement, and I think it was effective even if it was a backup plan (or not)..and I'm happy with that.

We're getting Slash, Duff, and Axl on stage at Coachella and, I'm pretty confident, a longer term reunion of those three for "other stuff".

Together again,
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #394 on: January 05, 2016, 08:05:02 AM »

I'd expect an appearance somewhere at some point. I wouldn't rule out Jimmy Fallon or Howard Stern. It would have been more logical than Jimmy Kimmel.

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #395 on: January 05, 2016, 08:32:24 AM »

I'd expect an appearance somewhere at some point. I wouldn't rule out Jimmy Fallon or Howard Stern. It would have been more logical than Jimmy Kimmel.
Due to logistics, Kimmel's show and Axl being from LA, it appears logical for an interview..Stern and Fallon are in NY....But still possible....Does Opie still due A list interviews?
Annie
« Reply #396 on: January 05, 2016, 08:36:46 AM »

Amazing!

I have no be happy with what you get agenda. My point was that on a great night of a major history making announcement,  people still found something to complain about. 
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #397 on: January 05, 2016, 08:57:57 AM »

Well to be fair of all the nights to accuse them of being silent, the night they confirmed Coachella and basically confirmed Slash and Duff's return isn't really one of them. Got to give them kudos for nipping the temporary disappointment in the bud very quickly. For a moment it looked like all might be lost. We've quickly found out the grand plan still stands and any problems are between Guns and the TV show, not Guns and each other, which was the worry.

Look, Axl was more than "basically confirmed" for Kimmel and look what happened.  Axl doesn't basically confirm shit.  He knows everyone deciphers everything he says, and, more importantly, doesn't say.  Until he actually confirms Slash and Duff are back into the band, I wouldn't count anything as a certainty.  Maybe they are still negotiating and things aren't completely finalized yet...but it's to a point where it looks likely it will happen.  Basically, all we really know is that Axl will be at Coachella.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #398 on: January 05, 2016, 09:01:43 AM »

It doesn't matter now... but..

He was confirmed... the show announced he was going to be on..which means they got a confirmation from Axl's people. Otherwise the show wouldn't have announced him.

He/they backed out the day before.. end of story. You can say he personally never agreed to be there... nobody can prove otherwise.

One would think big time promotion is coming anyway to follow up on the movie trailer and to sell A LOT of concert tickets this summer.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #399 on: January 05, 2016, 09:26:11 AM »

I know slash and duff do not mind doing interviews.    Hope that part of the deal is not that they are muzzled.     I know when duff played with guns last year his media presence almost stopped
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: