Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:54:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Jimmy Kimmel Live [not this time]  (Read 102757 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #360 on: January 05, 2016, 12:27:20 AM »

And "for reasons known only to Axl Rose", to me, means he either wasn't buying what he was told or didn't even get a straight answer.

Like COma stated, he said it like a "playful jab"
He didn't sound angry or say it in a malicious way.

Maybe they told him that Coachella was making the announcement at a time after the taping but before his show would air and asked him not to say anything.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #361 on: January 05, 2016, 12:29:39 AM »

Maybe they told him that Coachella was making the announcement at a time after the taping but before his show would air and asked him not to say anything.

I suppose if he winds up on there sometime soon, this would probably be correct.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #362 on: January 05, 2016, 12:32:57 AM »

And "for reasons known only to Axl Rose", to me, means he either wasn't buying what he was told or didn't even get a straight answer.

He certainly didn't sound pissed, he was laughing the whole time... but I wouldn't say this is ABC's screwup, he was coming as late is early this afternoon (EST) and that changed. There may be a good reason, but ABC and Kimmel live didn't 'jump the gun' on this one.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #363 on: January 05, 2016, 12:37:45 AM »

Axl's sister Amy Bailey was tweeting that her brother was going to be on Kimmel on Tuesday.

does he like her?

I wouldn't say this is ABC's screwup,

certainly doesn't look that way if jimmy said he was supposed to be there.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #364 on: January 05, 2016, 12:37:55 AM »

I'll still be watching  Shocked
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #365 on: January 05, 2016, 12:39:38 AM »

why was it cancelled? what they say?

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #366 on: January 05, 2016, 12:43:30 AM »

why was it cancelled? what they say?

He literally said 'For reasons only known to Axl Rose'
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #367 on: January 05, 2016, 12:43:56 AM »

It is 100% impossible that is not a mistake by JKL-team?

Why would anyone with any remote sense of rationality care about what might be 0.1% possible in the face of what, given how television works, given how much is riding on it, given talk shows like this are done professionally 5 nights a week per year, given it works all of the rest of the time?

Let's compare that to Axl's record of delays, no shows, missed deadlines, changed plans etc. shall we? I'm sorry my friend and I don't want to insult anyone on this board but if you think Jimmy Kimmel's team who have no record of fucking up things like this just happened to fuck up on the night the most fucky-uppyiest of bands was booked and it was their fault? Wow Bob wow.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #368 on: January 05, 2016, 12:46:11 AM »

He certainly didn't sound pissed, he was laughing the whole time... but I wouldn't say this is ABC's screwup, he was coming as late is early this afternoon (EST) and that changed. There may be a good reason, but ABC and Kimmel live didn't 'jump the gun' on this one.

That's the thing isn't it. How to address it. He is, essentially a comedian so the default would be snark...but then you also don't want to shoot yourself in the foot if you think there's an iota of a chance it still might happen.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #369 on: January 05, 2016, 12:48:00 AM »

ABC/Kimmel certainly didn't "jump the gun" but maybe they were given a heads up that the announcement MIGHT be coming sooner than later.  At first they did delay adding Axl's name to the guest list and, maybe thinking that the word wasn't coming down, decided to add it.  Bad timing because a very short time later they had to take it down again.

Jimmy didn't seem upset so I'd think both sides are okay with how it played out and are leaving the door open for an appearance at a later date.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #370 on: January 05, 2016, 12:51:49 AM »

You know, any reunion story that comes out in the next few days will also mention this.

And it's going to read like a headline from The Onion.

"Guns N' Roses To Reunite.  Singer Axl Rose No-Shows First Interview."

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #371 on: January 05, 2016, 12:53:01 AM »

ABC/Kimmel certainly didn't "jump the gun" but maybe they were given a heads up that the announcement MIGHT be coming sooner than later.  At first they did delay adding Axl's name to the guest list and, maybe thinking that the word wasn't coming down, decided to add it.

I'll put this in plain terms. No way. No how. If one of the major networks confirms a guest with those responsible for EPGs and online promotion the guest is booked. End of story. This isn't even the Kimmel shows decision, this is the actual network and Standards & Practices domain.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 12:55:21 AM by raindog » Logged
xxgunsxx
Headliner

« Reply #372 on: January 05, 2016, 12:55:27 AM »

I just watched it. My guess is he will be on there Tuesday night. Just a hunch Wink
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #373 on: January 05, 2016, 12:59:59 AM »

I just watched it. My guess is he will be on there Tuesday night. Just a hunch Wink

Jimmy does have a pretty good rep for pranks.

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #374 on: January 05, 2016, 01:01:15 AM »

Being a fan of Guns N' Roses is like dating a maniac who gives the best head in the world. Am I going to paradise or is she going to bite it off? Welcome to the freaking jungle. Let's see.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #375 on: January 05, 2016, 01:03:20 AM »

Why would anyone with any remote sense of rationality care about what might be 0.1% possible in the face of what

what? like a reunion? Roll Eyes

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #376 on: January 05, 2016, 01:09:47 AM »

Why would anyone with any remote sense of rationality care about what might be 0.1% possible in the face of what

what? like a reunion? Roll Eyes

Guns N' Roses who always do things in a weird unexpected way versus a Disney owned broadcaster who do things in a regular as clockwork way 5 nights a week. Yeah, there's literally no difference! Herp derp. Nice how you cropped my post at the exact point you could no longer muster a reasonable response.

A reunion was never impossible. Networks having no standards of quality control, verification, standards and practices and legal obligation for one night only on the night Axl happens to be booked is. Do you have absolutely no idea how booking someone for a gig works? You don't just get to advertise them with no contract, not least of all on network TV.

We landed on the moon by the way. Sorry.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:17:09 AM by raindog » Logged
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #377 on: January 05, 2016, 01:15:08 AM »

it would be axl vs some american companies which of whom prevents locals from gathering rainwater.

how we do know they didn't wrongfully schedule him and put it down after a C&D? Just trying to determine if I should be awake. pretty much owned by my gf so... Embarrassed

Nice how you cropped my post at the exact point you could no longer muster a reasonable response.

nice how you resort to discussing posters in derogatory manners, fu
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:32:11 AM by norway » Logged

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #378 on: January 05, 2016, 01:22:59 AM »

Wow- we have a confirmed Cochella date, with at least Slash and Duff and some of you guys are still whining about the Kimmel show?

Amazing!

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Annie
« Reply #379 on: January 05, 2016, 01:26:24 AM »

Wow- we have a confirmed Cochella date, with at least Slash and Duff and some of you guys are still whining about the Kimmel show?

Amazing!
Once Again you took the words right out of my mouth!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: