Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:56:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dave Kushner in? Maybe so...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dave Kushner in? Maybe so...  (Read 23386 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2016, 10:44:04 PM »

Dave being in the band doesn't make any fucking sense.  I'm not  strongly opposed to it, but it makes no sense.  Slash and Richard with Izzy showing up whenever he feels like it makes the most sense to me.  Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank, Dizzy and Chris with Izzy, Gilby or Matt showin up from time to time is what I'm guessing will happen.  It is also just my best guess.  I imagine Steven could show up from time to time but I think that lasts 5 minutes before he does/says something dumb and pisses off everyone else involved.

Like I said I'm not strongly opposed to Dave being in it, more indifferent towards it.  He would be the only guy involved who was never in Guns N Roses.  If Slash is looking for someone he is comfortable with as some of you suggested wouldnt a guy like Gilby make more sense?  You know a guy who was actually in the band for 3 years and played these songs with this band in stadiums all over the world?

This is also assuming Izzy wants nothing to do with committing to a lengthy tour which seems to be the popular belief.
Agreed. Nothing against him, but Kushner would make very little sense to me. It certainly wouldn't kill my excitement in the least, but he'd honestly be the "which one of these doesn't belong?" type.

True but i am sure there are those who feel Richard doesn't belong either. I have very little doubt this was some kind of compromise between Axl and Slash. If this is what it takes to get Axl, Slash and Duff back on stage together so be it.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2016, 10:56:08 PM »

Dave being in the band doesn't make any fucking sense.  I'm not  strongly opposed to it, but it makes no sense.  Slash and Richard with Izzy showing up whenever he feels like it makes the most sense to me.  Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank, Dizzy and Chris with Izzy, Gilby or Matt showin up from time to time is what I'm guessing will happen.  It is also just my best guess.  I imagine Steven could show up from time to time but I think that lasts 5 minutes before he does/says something dumb and pisses off everyone else involved.

Like I said I'm not strongly opposed to Dave being in it, more indifferent towards it.  He would be the only guy involved who was never in Guns N Roses.  If Slash is looking for someone he is comfortable with as some of you suggested wouldnt a guy like Gilby make more sense?  You know a guy who was actually in the band for 3 years and played these songs with this band in stadiums all over the world?

This is also assuming Izzy wants nothing to do with committing to a lengthy tour which seems to be the popular belief.
Agreed. Nothing against him, but Kushner would make very little sense to me. It certainly wouldn't kill my excitement in the least, but he'd honestly be the "which one of these doesn't belong?" type.

True but i am sure there are those who feel Richard doesn't belong either. I have very little doubt this was some kind of compromise between Axl and Slash. If this is what it takes to get Axl, Slash and Duff back on stage together so be it.

Dude, Richard has been in the band for 14 years!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2016, 10:59:01 PM »

Dude, Richard has been in the band for 14 years!

Oh i realize that and have no issues with him staying myself but there are those i'm sure that still wish it were Izzy coming back in instead of Richard or Dave.
DexterWRose
Opening Act

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2016, 11:42:22 PM »

Richard doesn't belong? ha! that's laughable. He's been in the band longer that Slash was even in the band. Also, he's one badass guitar player and quite frankly the best in the New Guns era in my opinion.

Nothing against Kushner. I'm sure he's a nice guy and plays well, but joining GNR for their reunion is just plain weird to me.

Pink Floyd Reunion... with Mike Portnoy on Drums.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2016, 11:50:43 PM »

Richard doesn't belong? ha! that's laughable. He's been in the band longer that Slash was even in the band. Also, he's one badass guitar player and quite frankly the best in the New Guns era in my opinion.

Nothing against Kushner. I'm sure he's a nice guy and plays well, but joining GNR for their reunion is just plain weird to me.

Completely agree but there's gotta be people out there who want only the AFD 5.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2016, 11:55:48 PM »

I have never read or heard anyone really say they don't want Richard in the band

Sure people would love Izzy in the band.   Sure

Nobody has anything bad to say about Richard

Who is this Dave guy again?
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2016, 12:00:32 AM »

personally...I'd like AFD 5 + dizzy
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2016, 12:03:10 AM »

I have never read or heard anyone really say they don't want Richard in the band

Dave Kushner. He was in VR.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2016, 12:06:42 AM »

No doubt about Dizzy. He's the only one that stuck by Axl through thick and thin. He'll be there until the very end imo.
DexterWRose
Opening Act

« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2016, 12:09:04 AM »

I agree too. I think reunion should be reserved for actual band members. I think it should be the 5. But 2 can't really be a part of it. One doesn't want to be in it 100% of the time, and the other would probably go back to old habits after the first show and then the tour is over.

So that makes it a reunion of 3 and other members of Guns from different times.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 12:12:44 AM by DexterWRose » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2016, 12:13:55 AM »

I agree too. I think reunion should be reserved for actual band members. I think it should be the 5. But 2 can't really be a part of it. One doesn't want to be in it 100% of the time, and the other would probably OD after the first show and then the tour is over.

So that makes it a reunion of 3 and other members of Guns from different times.
Yeah the best we can hope for i think with the other two is maybe a song or two here and there.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2016, 12:17:11 AM »

Still doesn't ring a bell
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2016, 12:29:39 AM »

He's also played in Duff's band Loaded.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2016, 12:37:37 AM »

He's also played in Duff's band Loaded.

Nope still not coming to me. 

I tried to google his name

But Google fell asleep when I typed his name in.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2016, 12:54:04 AM »

No doubt about Dizzy. He's the only one that stuck by Axl through thick and thin. He'll be there until the very end imo.

Same with Richard.... Let's see Buckethead, Robin, DJ, Ron they all left.  Frank, Richard, and Chris have been very loyal.  All deserve to stay in the band.  Izzy likes to do his own thing, Adler well we all know the story on him. 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2016, 01:08:52 AM »

Same with Richard.... Let's see Buckethead, Robin, DJ, Ron they all left.  Frank, Richard, and Chris have been very loyal.  All deserve to stay in the band.  Izzy likes to do his own thing, Adler well we all know the story on him. 
Agreed, i really hope Izzy will show up here and there.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2016, 01:23:39 AM »

By that belief....where is Tommy?  Is he kinda getting screwed in this deal?  And even DJ.  Maybe the reason DJ left was because these plans were in place. 

I guess if a reunion of some sort is going to happen....some people are going to get screwed.  Can't please everyone. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2016, 01:34:16 AM »

By that belief....where is Tommy?  Is he kinda getting screwed in this deal?  And even DJ.  Maybe the reason DJ left was because these plans were in place. 

I guess if a reunion of some sort is going to happen....some people are going to get screwed.  Can't please everyone. 

Yeah i feel for Tommy if he's not involved. He's been incredibly loyal to Axl, but i believe he said he'd step aside if Duff came back.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2016, 03:13:35 AM »

I don't know... Considering Slash got pissed and quit cause of Axl throwing Paul on him without him wanting to play with Paul.... U can bet Slash will have a major say as to who the other guitar player is.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2016, 03:15:23 AM »

Screwed? HUH? DJ has his band Sixx A.M. now Nikki is finished with Crue, they are going to be full time band and he will have zero time to commit to GNR.
Tommy has stuff going on, plus if anyone understands Original bands, it is he.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: