Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:54:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dave Kushner in? Maybe so...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dave Kushner in? Maybe so...  (Read 23377 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2015, 07:32:44 PM »

Soemone suggested Traci Guns...if not Izzy I'd go prefer Richard Fortus or Gilby Clark.

Again, if it remains a 3 guitar lineup.

Slash, Richard and ?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2015, 03:13:23 AM »

no 3 guitar shit.

Slash with Richard or bring back Gilby, let Izzy show up when he feels like it and play.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2015, 03:23:05 AM »

no 3 guitar shit.

Slash with Richard or bring back Gilby, let Izzy show up when he feels like it and play.
Agreed! You don't need more then lead and rhythm guitar.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2015, 01:33:03 PM »

no 3 guitar shit.

I'm not a fan of 3 guitar lineups either, Slash and whomever is plenty.

But..

Axl has had 3 guitars for quite sometime so like I said originally - all speculation on my part.

Hell, I wish they'd go five on the floor AFD style but that's not happening.

As long as it's Slash and Axl on the stage, I really don't care who fills out the rest of the lineup.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2015, 01:36:59 PM »

Fuckin' Dave Kushner

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2015, 01:43:46 PM »

no 3 guitar shit.

I'm not a fan of 3 guitar lineups either, Slash and whomever is plenty.

But..

Axl has had 3 guitars for quite sometime so like I said originally - all speculation on my part.

Hell, I wish they'd go five on the floor AFD style but that's not happening.

As long as it's Slash and Axl on the stage, I really don't care who fills out the rest of the lineup.

For me, Duff has to be there, too.  But the time I got out to the UYI shows, Izzy and Steven were gone, so Duff is integral to the lineup for me.  Matt, Dizzy, etc. were there, too.  Steven and Izzy - even random appearances - would be truly unreal to see.

Speaking of, Steven has been insanely quiet...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2015, 01:49:14 PM »

I think 3 guitar was for Chinese stuff. Ron was really to do buckets crazy shred shit.
Won't be needed now.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2016, 01:05:20 AM »

It wouldn't make much sense for Kushner to be involved.

Richard or Izzy, or both.     Richard is still in the band as far as we know.   

Happy New Year GNR Fans!  Exciting times!
 peace
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2016, 05:53:05 PM »

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-reunion-rumored-to-feature-8-members/

"Mitch Lafon is reporting that the Guns N? Roses reunion lineup will feature Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Dave Kushner, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, Dizzy Reed, and Chris Pitman. Kushner, Velvet Revolver?s rhythm guitarist, is a new name that hadn?t previously been linked to any Guns N? Roses 2016 rumors. Kushner teased the possibility of joining the band a few days ago, but most of his tweets seemed fairly light hearted."

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2016, 06:00:48 PM »

no 3 guitar shit.

I just cant understand this kind of thoughts. You basically want a nostalgic circus, why in the world would GNR bring back Gilby? What good things can bring Izzy if just appearing from time to time? Am I the only one worried about the musical horizons of the band?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2016, 06:24:00 PM »

no 3 guitar shit.

I just cant understand this kind of thoughts. You basically want a nostalgic circus, why in the world would GNR bring back Gilby? What good things can bring Izzy if just appearing from time to time? Am I the only one worried about the musical horizons of the band?

Sadly i think many people here would  prefer if appetite lineup would play the 45 minute MTV Ritz show, and thats it.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2016, 06:25:59 PM »

no 3 guitar shit.

If you are really worried about he "musical horizon" of the people, who brought the greatest songs in the world, then youre just a mental case.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2016, 06:29:48 PM »

no 3 guitar shit.

If you are really worried about he "musical horizon" of the people, who brought the greatest songs in the world, then youre just a mental case.

oh really? Please, point me to the direction of the songs written by Gilby Clarke. I want to check with my own ears if they're ''the greatest songs in the world''...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2016, 06:32:50 PM »

I wasnt talking about gilby. But about izzy for example. Or slash...who, how you pointed out, you dont want back in guns

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
overmatik
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2016, 06:40:09 PM »

I could see Dave in the band as a compromise between Axl and Slash. Axl would get to keep a member from the current line-up and Slash would have someone he's comfortable playing with. Let's not forget that the rhythm guitar issue was one of the biggest sources of tension back in the day...

I don't know, but it seems that from all we've heard so far that Izzy and Steven will be playing a very small part in this reunion.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2016, 06:43:59 PM »

If i may use iron maiden as an example when bruce dickinson and adrian left they bring in blaze and janick. then in 2000 when bruce and adrian came back to the band instead of canning janick they kept him and made it a 3 guitar band. I think it works really well and if thats the direction going forward GNR goes why should we hate on it what if this is guns n roses going forward Slash, Richard and Dave on guitars whos to say it can't work. stop dwelling on just the old AFD 5 and join us in the year 2016 its not 1987 if this were to be the lineup going forward best get on the train now or get the F off now. thats just my opinion
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2016, 06:55:50 PM »

I could see Dave in the band as a compromise between Axl and Slash. Axl would get to keep a member from the current line-up and Slash would have someone he's comfortable playing with. Let's not forget that the rhythm guitar issue was one of the biggest sources of tension back in the day...

I don't know, but it seems that from all we've heard so far that Izzy and Steven will be playing a very small part in this reunion.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Axl needs to compromise with Slash, or anyone.  I think Slash wanted a reunion more so than Axl and would agree to almost anything.  If Dave is in, it's probably because Axl likes him, or thinks it will work.  Not because Slash was demanding anything.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2016, 07:03:30 PM »

Dave being in the band doesn't make any fucking sense.  I'm not  strongly opposed to it, but it would be a little strange.  Slash and Richard with Izzy showing up whenever he feels like it makes the most sense to me.  Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank, Dizzy and Chris with Izzy, Gilby or Matt showin up from time to time is what I'm guessing will happen.  It is also just my best guess.  I imagine Steven could show up from time to time but I think that lasts 5 minutes before he does/says something dumb and pisses off everyone else involved.

Like I said I'm not strongly opposed to Dave being in it, more indifferent towards it.  He would be the only guy involved who was never in Guns N Roses.  If Slash is looking for someone he is comfortable with as some of you suggested wouldnt a guy like Gilby make more sense?  You know a guy who was actually in the band for 3 years and played these songs with this band in stadiums all over the world?

This is also assuming Izzy wants nothing to do with committing to a lengthy tour which seems to be the popular belief.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:18:41 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2016, 10:14:13 PM »

no 3 guitar shit.

Sadly i think many people here would  prefer if appetite lineup would play the 45 minute MTV Ritz show, and thats it.

I wouldn't say many people HERE, but I think many causal fans who have come out of the woodwork the last week would.  I think that is a more accurate statement.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2016, 10:20:44 PM »

Dave being in the band doesn't make any fucking sense.  I'm not  strongly opposed to it, but it makes no sense.  Slash and Richard with Izzy showing up whenever he feels like it makes the most sense to me.  Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank, Dizzy and Chris with Izzy, Gilby or Matt showin up from time to time is what I'm guessing will happen.  It is also just my best guess.  I imagine Steven could show up from time to time but I think that lasts 5 minutes before he does/says something dumb and pisses off everyone else involved.

Like I said I'm not strongly opposed to Dave being in it, more indifferent towards it.  He would be the only guy involved who was never in Guns N Roses.  If Slash is looking for someone he is comfortable with as some of you suggested wouldnt a guy like Gilby make more sense?  You know a guy who was actually in the band for 3 years and played these songs with this band in stadiums all over the world?

This is also assuming Izzy wants nothing to do with committing to a lengthy tour which seems to be the popular belief.
Agreed. Nothing against him, but Kushner would make very little sense to me. It certainly wouldn't kill my excitement in the least, but he'd honestly be the "which one of these doesn't belong?" type.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: