Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:22:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dave Kushner in? Maybe so...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dave Kushner in? Maybe so...  (Read 23349 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2016, 03:56:28 AM »

I don't see the need for a 3rd guitar, and if Izzy is out (other than guest spots here and there) I am am hoping for Richard... He is really the one member of the CD era lineup that I really sort of 'fell in love with' for lack of a better description...

I don't either, especially with Dizzy and Chris but that's the way it's been for along time now with Axl and if this "reunion" is gonna fly, compromises will be made.

Like I said above, it's all about Slash and Axl sharing a stage again, whoever else fills out the lineup are footnotes.

Footnotes for who? You?

it makes a difference for some of us who makes up the rest of the band beyond Axl & Slash. Otherwise we wouldn't be here discussing it in threads like this.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2016, 03:58:20 AM »

no 3 guitar shit.

Slash with Richard or bring back Gilby, let Izzy show up when he feels like it and play.

This.

Why is 3 needed again? Someone make a good case for it cause I don't see a need for it.

Slash + Izzy

Failing that
Slash + Richard

Or at a push Slash + Gilby

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2016, 04:23:34 AM »

no 3 guitar shit.

Slash with Richard or bring back Gilby, let Izzy show up when he feels like it and play.

This.

Why is 3 needed again? Someone make a good case for it cause I don't see a need for it.

Because of the guitar arrangements on CD? I think that is a great use case. Of course they can be arranged to fit whatever is wanted/needed and it would be interesting to hear those songs with a new touch, but that's not up to me or anyone outside the band to decide.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Princess Leia
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2016, 05:26:59 AM »

no 3 guitar shit.

This.

Slash + Izzy

Failing that
Slash + Richard

Or at a push Slash + Gilby

Pretty much agree, although for me Richard would be the last resort. I mean if they ask Izzy and Gilby and both say no. Well then somebody has to do the job.

Why Gilby over Richard? Gilby was part of the UYI Tour era. It would look more like a reunion. And Gilby still performs from time to time with Slash, Duff and Sorum. If I?m not mistaken I think he has even play with Adler a couple of times.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2016, 07:14:37 AM »

^booo, fuuuck that.   Smiley  richards been in the band for 14 years, loyal as all hell. it would be ridiculous to replace him with gilby just because gilby played the illusions tours. the casuals wouldnt consider it more of a reunion just because of gilby, they wouldnt even know who he is.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Princess Leia
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2016, 08:21:58 AM »

^booo, fuuuck that.   Smiley  richards been in the band for 14 years, loyal as all hell. it would be ridiculous to replace him with gilby just because gilby played the illusions tours. the casuals wouldnt consider it more of a reunion just because of gilby, they wouldnt even know who he is.

And the casuals would consider it more of a reunion with Richard? They wouldn?t know who Richard is either.
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2016, 08:34:44 AM »

And the casuals would consider it more of a reunion with Richard? They wouldn?t know who Richard is either.

I hope for two guitarists. soo much cooler. most people who are refering to the NEED of 3 guitarists because of the CD-tracks wouldn't even notice any difference.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
sandman
Legend

« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2016, 08:46:45 AM »

i'm down with 3 guitarists. didn't Axl say at one point that some AFD songs had 3 guitars layered into the song, so there were actually some limitations with playing them live back in the day?

Dave always seemed like a cool dude. I liked VR and thought his playing was solid. live performances you barely noticed him. he just stayed off to the side doing his thing. if he fills that role, fine by me. I think a 3rd guitarist adds to the power of the sound, which will be important in stadiums.

obviously, I'd much rather it be Izzy involved (with Fortus being the add-on). it'll be disappointing if he is not heavily involved in some way.

as for Gilby, he was a touring member on one of the biggest rock tours of all time. I guess I'd rather he be involved because of his history as a touring member, but i'm not losing any sleep over it. if Axl/Slash/Duff prefer Kushner, that works for me.   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2016, 09:26:57 AM »

It would be a mix of old and new and maybe Axl would feel like it's more of a step forward, then backward. In the sense of creating new music. If memory serves me correctly, Gilby was let go because Axl wasn't thrilled with his song writing capabilities. Maybe he likes Richard better in that respect. Heck, if this Kushner rumor has any truth to it maybe he even prefers to take a shot with him over Gilby because of that reason as well.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Princess Leia
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2016, 09:49:30 AM »

It would be a mix of old and new and maybe Axl would feel like it's more of a step forward, then backward. In the sense of creating new music. If memory serves me correctly, Gilby was let go because Axl wasn't thrilled with his song writing capabilities. Maybe he likes Richard better in that respect. Heck, if this Kushner rumor has any truth to it maybe he even prefers to take a shot with him over Gilby because of that reason as well.

Anything is posible, specially if we are talking about GN?R. However there is something called common sense. Kurshner never was a GN?R member. In fact he got lucky to be in Velver Revolver with Slash and Duff. Because Izzy walked away from The Project as they used to call it in the early days.

If the issue is sogwriting then  Slash and Duff could call him eventually if they need help. But right now we?re talking about a tour
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2016, 09:59:02 AM »

I'm not sure of the history with VR, but why was Gilby not involved with that?  Did Slash prefer Dave over Gilby and maybe that's still true now?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2016, 10:01:15 AM »

Anything is posible, specially if we are talking about GN?R. However there is something called common sense. Kurshner never was a GN?R member. In fact he got lucky to be in Velver Revolver with Slash and Duff. Because Izzy walked away from The Project as they used to call it in the early days.

If the issue is sogwriting then  Slash and Duff could call him eventually if they need help. But right now we?re talking about a tour
I agree, which is why I don't get why Kushner would be involved. Unless of course, Axl doesn't want to view it as a full reunion, more of a mini reunion mixed with modern members. And in that case he may want a 3rd guitarist to continue his vision of "moving forward". Maybe Axl would view the addition of Gilby would lean more towards a reunion, and again that may not be his preference. I'm just thinking out loud here.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2016, 10:08:04 AM »

But Richard doesnt really write does he ? No credits on CD.

Btw, I still prefer Richard over Gilby.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2016, 10:14:43 AM »

Btw, I still prefer Richard over Gilby.

I believe he commented how CD was basically written when he joined the band, so no he didn't have a big part in writing songs for CD. But maybe he's done a lot of work on the follow up. Again, things we don't really know. Just trying to make sense of these rumors.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2016, 10:22:22 AM »

I think he wrote some guitar parts, at least I remember him saying that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2016, 10:26:00 AM »

This whole Dave Kushner idea has gotten more traction than I thought....

Guess we will find out soon enough.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
stephan
Headliner

« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2016, 10:42:31 AM »

https://twitter.com/davekushner66/status/683759123205234689?lang=nl

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2016, 10:55:14 AM »

I really dont think Kushner is in the band.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2016, 11:07:54 AM »

Haven?t read the whole thread, but:
I don?t think 3 guitarists are needed, but even if they decide to have them, why the hell would Kushner be there? It?s Slash, Izzy/Gilby, and Richard. I believe both Gilby and Richard would make themselves available for this. Dave never played in GN?R, what would be the point in preferring him over any ex-Gunner?

Hell has frozen over.
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2016, 11:36:54 AM »

The point of Dave could be a request of Slash and Duff. They may (and this is me just talking out of my ass) feel out numbered by the members of Guns now that they are joining (Axl, Richard, Frank, MotherGoose, and Dizzy) that they may want a say in someone else.

I don't think they need 3 guitarists, but it does sound cool as hell live and if it means CD songs being played, I'm all for it. Plus, Axl knows Guns better then I do so I'll just go to the show and enjoy it!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: