Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:32:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 141543 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #640 on: January 03, 2016, 11:50:37 AM »

Those other bands are the ones we liked before they sold out and appeared at imaginary festivals!

Right now I'm listening to an imaginary band that hasn't been formed yet. I liked them before you!  Tongue

Wink

/jarmo

You hipster!! hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #641 on: January 03, 2016, 01:00:10 PM »

Ash Hudson posted this like an hour ago:
Official : Slash Says "GnR at Coachella it's just rumor nothing's been confirmed"

Appears Slash knows better than to entrust confidential information with the likes of his idiot brother and former manager.

Lol. Slash doesn't trust his brother or Vikki Hamilton.
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #642 on: January 03, 2016, 03:44:13 PM »

Hey all, it's been years.

Check out my custom trailer for the GNR Reunion:

https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #643 on: January 03, 2016, 03:47:43 PM »

Ya know, bands have to practice in order to get tight and that takes time. Yes, these guys are all "plug and play" professionals, but there is a mountain of potential new material that may have to be learned, as well as arrangements for the old GN'R stuff. For now, lets just assume that any set will only consist of GN'R material from Appetite to UYI. Who's playing what? Does everybody get along? You don't just walk in and say, "Welcome to the Jungle" from the top. Not with expectations this high and certainly not with the egos involved.

Also, Axl's version with three guitar players really did sound amazing. Think Slash is down with that? Did they really hash all this out already? I'll tell ya what, whoever is playing with Slash is gonna have to find a way to mesh with his style and sound- it's called chemistry and he's the guy who will have to be chemistried with. What did Bumblefoot say- the fingers are unique and it's gonna be different (or something to that effect). Not to mention, new arrangements of the songs will produce different stage shows and that requires planning and rehearsal-which takes time...

Now honestly, if whatever incarnation of this band we see gets up on stage and pounds out an unscripted, raw, rock n' roll show with no pyro and deadly silence in between songs, I would be more than happy. 'F' all that other stuff if you ask me. But we're essentially forming a new band and that is no small thing.

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
Gibson Amphitheater 12/20/06
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 2nd show, 04/09/16
Qualcomm Stadium, 8/22/16
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #644 on: January 03, 2016, 04:16:29 PM »

I just purchased the Coachella Hotel/tix package for Weekend 1.  Really excited !! beer

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
alex
Opening Act

« Reply #645 on: January 03, 2016, 04:17:24 PM »

So you suggest that they should start rehearsals as soon as posible. Pherhaps they had been doing something, who knows. Axl is going to rehearsal with the band? I could not believe that  hihi
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #646 on: January 03, 2016, 04:37:28 PM »

Ya know, bands have to practice in order to get tight and that takes time. Yes, these guys are all "plug and play" professionals, but there is a mountain of potential new material that may have to be learned, as well as arrangements for the old GN'R stuff. For now, lets just assume that any set will only consist of GN'R material from Appetite to UYI. Who's playing what? Does everybody get along? You don't just walk in and say, "Welcome to the Jungle" from the top. Not with expectations this high and certainly not with the egos involved.

Also, Axl's version with three guitar players really did sound amazing. Think Slash is down with that? Did they really hash all this out already? I'll tell ya what, whoever is playing with Slash is gonna have to find a way to mesh with his style and sound- it's called chemistry and he's the guy who will have to be chemistried with. What did Bumblefoot say- the fingers are unique and it's gonna be different (or something to that effect). Not to mention, new arrangements of the songs will produce different stage shows and that requires planning and rehearsal-which takes time...

Now honestly, if whatever incarnation of this band we see gets up on stage and pounds out an unscripted, raw, rock n' roll show with no pyro and deadly silence in between songs, I would be more than happy. 'F' all that other stuff if you ask me. But we're essentially forming a new band and that is no small thing.

So you don't think they would rehearse...or possibly have been rehearsing?  I don think anyone thinks they are just gonna show up on stage and start playing.  It won't take long for Slash and Duff to figure it out.

Also, if your hoping for things to be perfect in YOUR world with no pyro or some silence in between songs....you may be dissapointed.  This isn't 1987 anymore

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #647 on: January 03, 2016, 04:49:39 PM »

I'm just suggesting that the timeline from supposed reconciliation to gig "announcement" is short and that this is a real reason that this whole thing may not be happening. Obviously if they're scheduling gigs they are well rehearsed and of course, clandestine rehearsals could have been occurring for quite some time. And I for one hope they have been! I'm just trying to add another wrinkle to the discussion that may not be widely considered. No offense intended. 

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #648 on: January 03, 2016, 04:54:29 PM »

No offense

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #649 on: January 03, 2016, 04:55:58 PM »

The rumored shows are in April, they don't need to rehearse in 2015 for that.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #650 on: January 03, 2016, 05:09:14 PM »

True. But they probably would don't ya think? I'd be excited and want to start right away if possible.

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
Kenan
Opening Act

« Reply #651 on: January 03, 2016, 05:31:57 PM »

Professional musicians like them? All they would need is one solid month of regular rehersals to (re)learn all the songs.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #652 on: January 03, 2016, 05:50:59 PM »

Professional musicians like them? All they would need is one solid month of regular rehersals to (re)learn all the songs.

I remember Duff saying when he joined the band on stage at the London O2 in 2010 that he couldn't remember YCBM...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #653 on: January 03, 2016, 05:51:23 PM »

True. But they probably would don't ya think? I'd be excited and want to start right away if possible.

Do I think a band like GN'R would rehearse during the previous year for shows taking place in April? No, I don't think so.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #654 on: January 03, 2016, 06:45:17 PM »

If one were to believe the stories, Axl very very very very rarely rehearsed with the band in any incarnation.  Isn't that how Tommy got the nickname "The General" because he would lead the rehearsals?

And if one were to believe the stories from back-in-the-day, Axl and Slash would "rehearse" over the phone.

Again if one were to believe the stories (and this particular rumor/story I'm not that familiar with), Richard and Slash were recently(?) in the studio together or something so Richard could fill Slash in on the changes to the GNR songs over the past 20 years or vise versa Slash could fill in Richard on how he plays those songs.

Side note: IMO, Richard did an amazing job playing with Izzy when Izzy guested with the band so I have no doubt he would be the perfect conduit to relay how the songs are and were and will be played between all parties concerned.

All this is of course IF one were to believe the stories that a reunion of Axl and Slash performing onstage together is actually happening.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #655 on: January 03, 2016, 07:51:58 PM »

I've seen a couple of different posts in different threads talking about the 'arraignment' of classic GnR songs. Hinting at the fact that Slash and Duff need to be shown how they are now played... I could be way off base, but I don't see those things continuing. Like Jungle for example, I don't think Slash is going to change the way he wrote it or has played in off and on over the last 20+ years to that intro that Robin and DJ played with the start and stops. Slash is not going to handoff the Sweet Child O' Mine solo halfway through to a 3rd guitar player like they do now. I don't think Richard will keep the slide work that he does during Rocket Queen.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #656 on: January 03, 2016, 07:57:31 PM »

Hey all, it's been years.

Check out my custom trailer for the GNR Reunion:

I love it!!! Great work!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #657 on: January 03, 2016, 07:58:38 PM »

I've seen a couple of different posts in different threads talking about the 'arraignment' of classic GnR songs. Hinting at the fact that Slash and Duff need to be shown how they are now played...

I would think that the way Slash and Duff have played those songs since leaving GNR has changed over the years based on how their style meshed with the styles of the band members in their other bands.  So I wouldn't think it would be a stretch or issue to think that everyone would be willing to mesh their styles now.

Edited to add:  Plus the fact that nobody probably remembers how they played it 20 years ago.  hihi
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:00:38 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #658 on: January 03, 2016, 08:02:57 PM »

I've seen a couple of different posts in different threads talking about the 'arraignment' of classic GnR songs. Hinting at the fact that Slash and Duff need to be shown how they are now played...

I would think that the way Slash and Duff have played those songs since leaving GNR has changed over the years based on how their style meshed with the styles of the band members in their other bands.  So I wouldn't think it would be a stretch or issue to think that everyone would be willing to mesh their styles now.

Edited to add:  Plus the fact that nobody probably remembers how they played it 20 years ago.  hihi

I don't know.... slash never changed his way to play, no matter which song in which band  rofl

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #659 on: January 03, 2016, 08:05:13 PM »

Slash played it on New Years eve exactly like it's been played by him since 1987... I just don't think he's going to significantly change 'his' songs, because someone else changed how it was played in 2001.

I'll be very interested to see how KOHD get played.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: