Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:42:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 141708 times)
lassie4ever
Headliner

« Reply #520 on: January 01, 2016, 07:47:31 AM »

i got mixed emotions on the reunion stuff

From " not in this lifetime" stadia for years it's a bit weird to get used to the kiss and made up part ....
I also got the feeling this will be the final ride for GNR ... will be a good one ( I hope )

Still don't know if I  would prefer the AXl years to continu some more for a while

Will be hard if this will be a farewell tour like with Motley Crue

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #521 on: January 01, 2016, 08:06:21 AM »

Ginger I wasn't allowed to go either!!!

Make that 3 of us.

Wow. Who knew I'd be the only one who saw the old band (well the UYI line up) back then, out of the four of us....
Considering how I'm supposed to hate the old band the most out of all of us.  hihi

Yeah, it was after St Louis. Hello day trip to the capital on a bus full of people drinking cheap beer. I remember some guys were saying on the way back home how Skid Row was the better band at the show. Obviously I didn't agree...  hihi

And all those who are happy that all the Slash "haters" are now in love with him. Good for you.
Ironically these people failed to mention how they've suddenly "more positive" to GN'R than what they've been in decades.... hihi

It goes both ways.... Some of us have been here, supporting GN'R, every day since we became fans. Some haven't. Smiley

Axl guesting is confirmed by JKL?

Not by the show itself....

/jarmo

I'm one of those who have been here since the beginning. I got into them in 6th grade thanks to a classmate. He would bring the SCOM cassette single into school and play it during recess. It was funny cause as soon as SCOM was over he'd have to run to the tape player and rewind it cause the other song on there ISE would get him sent to the principals office.  Grin
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #522 on: January 01, 2016, 08:30:05 AM »

See, I think that's the point.  I think we're past "rumored" and we are into "confirmed", when the NY Times publishes an article on the subject.

We are not past rumored. What has been confirmed is that Axl plan to release cd2 and we know Tommy 'of course' would consider joining.

I mean, if you want to hold out for something official before coming to terms with it...you're not going to have to wait too long....

As if am in denial not reasonable doubt? Imo, people who accept modern gnr are more tolerant and less illusional than reunionists.

It makes sense to me that a musician like Liam Howlet is a part of modern gnr so I was excited about Chris being there, but It doesn't bother me much should newgnr give way for this. Axl will still be Axl, just in a more classic rockband.  If they indeed reunite it wouldn't equal 'coming to terms' either u know. I picture me people yelling 'wheres CD2 bitch' hihi

Man, i was the furthest thing from a reunionist on this board until about a week ago. I frequently said hell would freeze over, first.

You've got major press outlets reporting that this is happening. They are using the word confirmed. Thats confirmation. Its not an official announcement, but its a confirmation. Again, we are past just rumors.

So, yeah...i think, at this point,you're bascally in denial. And you've got about 5 or 6 more days to swim in that river,  I think. If you think that axl, slash, and duff....and thats the current configuration we are talking about in this thread..aren't planning to be sharing the stage at Coachella...I don't know what to tell you, man. You are going to have a very tough time convincing anyone your position is "right", at this point. There is far too much respected and reputable information from respected and reputable press outlets you have to explain away.

Also,we know axls intent was to release cd2...18 months ago. I mean..with this band, is it really that surprising that things might have changed?

And we've covered the fact that i think your interpretation of tommys comments are incorrect.

Kimmel is confirmed by multiple outlets as well. I expect we will get further official word tomorrow or Saturday.

I spoke with Frank tonight briefly at Beast of Bourbon, here in Brooklyn and well um, its happening.Obviously he can't speak much about it, but the confirmation was when I said see you at Coachella, and he said, yeah I think I'll be there too with a huge grin.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #523 on: January 01, 2016, 09:03:27 AM »

See, I think that's the point.  I think we're past "rumored" and we are into "confirmed", when the NY Times publishes an article on the subject.

We are not past rumored. What has been confirmed is that Axl plan to release cd2 and we know Tommy 'of course' would consider joining.

I mean, if you want to hold out for something official before coming to terms with it...you're not going to have to wait too long....

As if am in denial not reasonable doubt? Imo, people who accept modern gnr are more tolerant and less illusional than reunionists.

It makes sense to me that a musician like Liam Howlet is a part of modern gnr so I was excited about Chris being there, but It doesn't bother me much should newgnr give way for this. Axl will still be Axl, just in a more classic rockband.  If they indeed reunite it wouldn't equal 'coming to terms' either u know. I picture me people yelling 'wheres CD2 bitch' hihi

Man, i was the furthest thing from a reunionist on this board until about a week ago. I frequently said hell would freeze over, first.

You've got major press outlets reporting that this is happening. They are using the word confirmed. Thats confirmation. Its not an official announcement, but its a confirmation. Again, we are past just rumors.

So, yeah...i think, at this point,you're bascally in denial. And you've got about 5 or 6 more days to swim in that river,  I think. If you think that axl, slash, and duff....and thats the current configuration we are talking about in this thread..aren't planning to be sharing the stage at Coachella...I don't know what to tell you, man. You are going to have a very tough time convincing anyone your position is "right", at this point. There is far too much respected and reputable information from respected and reputable press outlets you have to explain away.

Also,we know axls intent was to release cd2...18 months ago. I mean..with this band, is it really that surprising that things might have changed?

And we've covered the fact that i think your interpretation of tommys comments are incorrect.

Kimmel is confirmed by multiple outlets as well. I expect we will get further official word tomorrow or Saturday.

I spoke with Frank tonight briefly at Beast of Bourbon, here in Brooklyn and well um, its happening.Obviously he can't speak much about it, but the confirmation was when I said see you at Coachella, and he said, yeah I think I'll be there too with a huge grin.

Good to hear. I know a lot of people would prefer Matt or Steven but I honestly do think Frank is the best drummer GnR have ever had.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #524 on: January 01, 2016, 09:08:08 AM »

I don't know, I feel what I feel. I loved Slash's work in GNR, as I loved Robin's work in GNR too. That didn't change, so I got excited about the rumors.

What I don't get is: why are people complaining about fans getting excited again? Are we in a contest?

Happy new year mate. Thanks for the info. I think Frank would be the right guy for that. Smiley

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #525 on: January 01, 2016, 09:15:49 AM »

I think that's as close to an official announcement as we're gonna get until mid week.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #526 on: January 01, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »

What I don't get is: why are people complaining about fans getting excited again? Are we in a contest?

Yeah, to some it is.

I've lost count on the number of posts about people being happy that I'm allegedly being miserable now because of all these reports, and/or that I now have to "love" Slash again.

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #527 on: January 01, 2016, 09:57:24 AM »

Yes we got it jarmo. This is not about you here, but about the reunion.
Got over yourself already.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #528 on: January 01, 2016, 10:00:06 AM »

Jarmo

I am just too happy right now to respond to your earlier zinger ! Haha

I know you are going to publically support every version of the band equally ... Kudos for doing that all of these years. You know I have been here for many years .. and glad I got to see Axl perform as many times as I did..some great nights.

This year is going to be amazing and for some of us ... Extra special ! I am happy for everybody involved ... The band and especially all of us !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #529 on: January 01, 2016, 10:01:40 AM »

I am so excited to see these three guys sit next to each other in Tuesday and talk about this ...

If somehow someway they also manage to squeeze off a couple new songs this year ... Then oh my ...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #530 on: January 01, 2016, 10:16:35 AM »

Source?

The way publications like the New York Times and Billboard work is they receive information (a call, and email, etc...) they gather the info they are given then they vet the source... they write their piece with that info then it is given to a fact checker... they contact the source and further research it's validity. If the source asked to remain 'confidential' they are protected by the journalist because they want their trust, they want to be the outlet for the next story.

"Billboard's confirmation via insiders comes..."
This is them reporting on the info given to them by their vetted source.

"Representatives for the band, as well as Coachella producer Paul Tollett and agent Ken Fermaglich at United Talent Agency, could not be reached for comment. Executives at AEG, which will operate the new Vegas arena, also did not immediately respond to a request for comment."
This is them protecting their source.

Welcome to PR 101... we want to make a public announcement, but we need to leak info to the press to drum up interest in our public announcement.

If the Kimmel appearance wasn't leaked ahead of time to major publications do you think as many people would tune in? I for one barely watch ABC so I almost never see his promo's... I barely watch the show (I am a Jimmy Fallon fan)... and if I'm a casual music fan who isn't trolling HTGTH and MyGnRForum to just name a few, how would I know Axl was going to be on a show I don't watch on a channel I don't watch... BUT If I know he's going to be there announcing a Reunion and there is a possibility he could be sitting on a couch in the same room as Slash because I read it in Billboard, The NYT, or Rolling Stone, I'm more likely to watch.

To add, usually there is a secondary confirmation, from another source, who is not named. Not always, but esp the times is famous for their corroboration policy.

Its not really worth engaging with them anymore, though. Norway is not going to believe anything, no matter how overwheliming the evidence, til axl is on screen talking about it.  Fair enough. But that sorta makes talking to 'em like banging your head against a wall. My sinus headache is bad enough....

« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:24:10 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #531 on: January 01, 2016, 10:19:21 AM »

axl just pretty much verified norways stance (partially) in that he said nothing was confirmed yet on twitter. what a plot twist!

He made a joke...i wouldn't take it as anything but that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #532 on: January 01, 2016, 10:41:46 AM »

Ginger I wasn't allowed to go either!!!

Also really jacked up by the reports Popcorn might get his moment in the sun.

Felt all along Izzy would be around a little bit too...very happy that we have Richard to fill in.

Izzy is the only member I haven't seen play live in a GNR setting, well him and Paul Tobias. I'd love the chance to get to see him jam out a few songs at least. I was also a little young and missed out on seeing them back in the day. Saw the 3 different lineups and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame performance. Never Axl and Slash together though. Been waiting for that opportunity for quite some time, and I honestly wasn't sure I'd ever get the chance. Thankfully, now it looks like I will.

I think there are a bunch of us here right around the same age that are all in the same boat...we all love the music from these guys... but just missed out on seeing them perform it together...

I'm still in shock that we appear to be this close to seeing it.
Me too. It still hasn't sunk in for real yet. I'm not sure how I'll react when I see the two of them together on stage, whether performing or not. I think I'll have some Kleenex handy just in case.

Ditto, faldor.

We are pretty likely to end up at the same show(s)....so you bring the kleenex and i'll buy the beers.  beer

I'm lucky. I saw them 5 times between afd and uyi eras (first time at the orange county fairgrounds, openng for Aerosmith). But I Never...ever...thought i'd see some of these guys share a stage again.
You've got a deal! I always held out hope for a reunion of some sort, but it seemed bleak for so long. I can't believe things have unfolded as they have in the past 4 months or so.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #533 on: January 01, 2016, 11:30:41 AM »

Norway is not going to believe anything, no matter how overwheliming the evidence, til axl is on screen talking about it.  Fair enough. But that sorta makes talking to 'em like banging your head against a wall.

mirror mirror on the wall
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:34:13 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #534 on: January 01, 2016, 11:56:29 AM »

Yes we got it jarmo. This is not about you here, but about the reunion.
Got over yourself already.

You'd be more convincing if you just stopped talking about me so much.  ok
Oops, you did it again!

I know you are going to publically support every version of the band equally ... Kudos for doing that all of these years. You know I have been here for many years .. and glad I got to see Axl perform as many times as I did..some great nights.

This year is going to be amazing and for some of us ... Extra special ! I am happy for everybody involved ... The band and especially all of us !

My pleasure. Smiley
Yeah, looks like exciting times ahead.  beer

axl just pretty much verified norways stance (partially) in that he said nothing was confirmed yet on twitter. what a plot twist!

He made a joke...i wouldn't take it as anything but that.

Makes little sense to book an appearance on a talk show and then talk about the plans on Twitter instead....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #535 on: January 01, 2016, 12:19:21 PM »

Oops, you did it again!

u want a piece of me?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #536 on: January 01, 2016, 12:26:00 PM »

Hahaha!

/jarmo

jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #537 on: January 01, 2016, 12:33:43 PM »

Hello, here are my two cents:
Now that we have the old logo and the teaser, it?s pretty clear some sort of reunion is happening. Imho it would be either just AFD or AFD/UYI line-up mixture ? the latter perhaps being better, since I don?t see Izzy and Steven playing a full tour. I don?t think there?s any point in involving the "new GN?R" players once the reunion is really happening ? after all, who would want to see them after having seen the star trio together again? Not to mention bringing ex new GN?R members like Robin or Bucket.
I should also say that originally, I was against the reunion idea. I sort of saw it as Axl throwing away everything he?s been working on for the past 15 years and also spitting in the face to the guys who have stood by him the whole time. And what about Sorry, Prostitute etc.
Then again, provided they mended the relationship and if Axl can?t seem to be able to put anything out? maybe it?s not a bad idea. And as a guy who grew up in the 90s, of course I would love to see the reunion. It?s just that the new material (CD 2 etc.) may never see the light of day after this, and nobody will want to see any new line-up either.
Are the old guys gonna create new music? Who knows. Maybe they?ll just tour for a year or so, and then Axl retires and releases an album every couple of years ? god knows he must have tons of material. After all, last time his voice was really powerful was 2010 (not that he completely sucked afterwards, and he might be better now anyway). Obviously, I don?t really want that to happen.

Also, just want to say hi and all. Even though I have just registered, I actually have been coming here since 2006 (no kidding), only unregistered. So? it may be weird, but I feel like I know some of you already (and I love this place). I?ve especially always enjoyed the D-G vs. Jarmo bickering. Cheesy
Anyway, I?m from the Czech Republic (Jarmo, if you?re reading this: you actually visited my hometown once ? remember Guns in Prague 2010? You were in a small town with the ossuary ? "bone house" ? and posted photos here later on), been a GN?R fan since 1992 and seen only two live shows so far (plus billions of bootlegs, obviously). I?m originally from chinesedemocracy.com (and before that from newgnr.com), but that place has been kinda deadish lately; since things have been getting pretty exciting, I thought it was about time to finally register here!

Hell has frozen over.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #538 on: January 01, 2016, 12:39:11 PM »

Hello, here are my two cents:
Now that we have the old logo and the teaser, it?s pretty clear some sort of reunion is happening. Imho it would be either just AFD or AFD/UYI line-up mixture ? the latter perhaps being better, since I don?t see Izzy and Steven playing a full tour. I don?t think there?s any point in involving the "new GN?R" players once the reunion is really happening ? after all, who would want to see them after having seen the star trio together again? Not to mention bringing ex new GN?R members like Robin or Bucket.
I should also say that originally, I was against the reunion idea. I sort of saw it as Axl throwing away everything he?s been working on for the past 15 years and also spitting in the face to the guys who have stood by him the whole time. And what about Sorry, Prostitute etc.
Then again, provided they mended the relationship and if Axl can?t seem to be able to put anything out? maybe it?s not a bad idea. And as a guy who grew up in the 90s, of course I would love to see the reunion. It?s just that the new material (CD 2 etc.) may never see the light of day after this, and nobody will want to see any new line-up either.
Are the old guys gonna create new music? Who knows. Maybe they?ll just tour for a year or so, and then Axl retires and releases an album every couple of years ? god knows he must have tons of material. After all, last time his voice was really powerful was 2010 (not that he completely sucked afterwards, and he might be better now anyway). Obviously, I don?t really want that to happen.

Also, just want to say hi and all. Even though I have just registered, I actually have been coming here since 2006 (no kidding), only unregistered. So? it may be weird, but I feel like I know some of you already (and I love this place). I?ve especially always enjoyed the D-G vs. Jarmo bickering. Cheesy
Anyway, I?m from the Czech Republic (Jarmo, if you?re reading this: you actually visited my hometown once ? remember Guns in Prague 2010? You were in a small town with the ossuary ? "bone house" ? and posted photos here later on), been a GN?R fan since 1992 and seen only two live shows so far (plus billions of bootlegs, obviously). I?m originally from chinesedemocracy.com (and before that from newgnr.com), but that place has been kinda deadish lately; since things have been getting pretty exciting, I thought it was about time to finally register here!

welcome aboard  ok
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #539 on: January 01, 2016, 12:58:24 PM »

^ Thanks.

Can't wait for Wednesday 6th!

Hell has frozen over.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: