Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:41:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 141705 times)
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #480 on: December 31, 2015, 05:27:59 PM »

I had a chance to meet Steven last month. Talked to him for a bit, and he actually asked me for a cigarette lol, but he was very accommodating with a picture and very friendly. I hope he has some involvement if it can be worked out.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #481 on: December 31, 2015, 06:29:07 PM »

Ginger I wasn't allowed to go either!!!

Make that 3 of us.

My chances to see GNR here in December 1991 went to hell after the St. Louis riot.

Mom put the foot right down.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #482 on: December 31, 2015, 06:36:38 PM »

Ginger I wasn't allowed to go either!!!

Also really jacked up by the reports Popcorn might get his moment in the sun.

Felt all along Izzy would be around a little bit too...very happy that we have Richard to fill in.

Izzy is the only member I haven't seen play live in a GNR setting, well him and Paul Tobias. I'd love the chance to get to see him jam out a few songs at least. I was also a little young and missed out on seeing them back in the day. Saw the 3 different lineups and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame performance. Never Axl and Slash together though. Been waiting for that opportunity for quite some time, and I honestly wasn't sure I'd ever get the chance. Thankfully, now it looks like I will.

I think there are a bunch of us here right around the same age that are all in the same boat...we all love the music from these guys... but just missed out on seeing them perform it together...

I'm still in shock that we appear to be this close to seeing it.
Me too. It still hasn't sunk in for real yet. I'm not sure how I'll react when I see the two of them together on stage, whether performing or not. I think I'll have some Kleenex handy just in case.

Ditto, faldor.

We are pretty likely to end up at the same show(s)....so you bring the kleenex and i'll buy the beers.  beer

I'm lucky. I saw them 5 times between afd and uyi eras (first time at the orange county fairgrounds, openng for Aerosmith). But I Never...ever...thought i'd see some of these guys share a stage again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 06:38:57 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #483 on: December 31, 2015, 08:55:44 PM »

I think the folks who were flatly denying this was happening, and were chalking it up to rumor mongering are going to need to come to terms with the fact this is actually going to happen.

I don't think what is rumored will happen. If it happens it'd be funny but CD2 too plx, tnx

See, I think that's the point.  I think we're past "rumored" and we are into "confirmed", when the NY Times publishes an article on the subject.

Is it an official announcment? No, but it's just about the next best thing.

I mean, if you want to hold out for something official before coming to terms with it...you're not going to have to wait too long....

With CD2...we'll have to see.  I don't have much hope that it will see the light of day...[/b]at least in the form it was in prior to this reunion.  But that's a different discussion than whether Axl, Slash, and Duff are going to share a stage again in the near future.  That part? That seems to be a done deal.

i dont see why not? why would he suddenly lose interest in cd2, and why leave out all the fans of  cd during this grand occasion? werent they the most loyal to him all this time? i dont see him sweeping them under the rug and pretending it never happened. cd2 will have a place in this, i really think so. if its already done, why not use all the gnr hype in its favor?

but i see what you say about not in the form it was in before all this. that makes sense, maybe theyll add some overdubs or new axl slash duff songs before putting it out to get people more hyped.

damn i messed up the bold.

i think that whole ghost in the studio thing, followed by the pic of axl with the captions "the ghost" posted by pittman recently, was a sort of reminder about new music.

and remember, were talking about the 2nd half of cd, the second half of his magnum opus. what he called his "baby". i dont think he plans on aborting the second half of his baby.  Wink

« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 09:04:38 PM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #484 on: December 31, 2015, 09:08:42 PM »

I think the folks who were flatly denying this was happening, and were chalking it up to rumor mongering are going to need to come to terms with the fact this is actually going to happen.

I don't think what is rumored will happen. If it happens it'd be funny but CD2 too plx, tnx

See, I think that's the point.  I think we're past "rumored" and we are into "confirmed", when the NY Times publishes an article on the subject.

I mean, if you want to hold out for something official before coming to terms with it...you're not going to have to wait too long....

With CD2...we'll have to see.  I don't have much hope that it will see the light of day...[/b]at least in the form it was in prior to this reunion.  But that's a different discussion than whether Axl, Slash, and Duff are going to share a stage again in the near future.  That part? That seems to be a done deal.

i dont see why not? why would he suddenly lose interest in cd2, and why leave out all the fans of  cd during this grand occasion? werent they the most loyal to him all this time? i dont see him sweeping them under the rug and pretending it never happened. cd2 will have a place in this, i really think so. if its already done, why not use all the gnr hype in its favor?

but i see what you say about not in the form it was in before all this. that makes sense, maybe theyll add some overdubs or new axl slash duff songs before putting it out to get people more hyped.

i think that whole ghost in the studio thing, followed by the pic of axl with the captions "the ghost" posted by pittman recently, was a sort of reminder about new music.

and remember, were talking about the 2nd half of cd, the second half of his magnum opus. what he called his "baby". i dont think he plans on aborting the second half of his baby.  Wink

We might see that material, in some form, or some of it, anyway...but i don't think he's using the reportedly finished version of the tracks he has right now. I think, whatever part of it ends up on the next gnr album, shows up after slash, duff, and maybe izzy have put their spin on it.

Again, thogh, different discussion for another thread.

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #485 on: December 31, 2015, 09:29:32 PM »

We might see that material, in some form, or some of it, anyway...but i don't think he's using the reportedly finished version of the tracks he has right now. I think, whatever part of it ends up on the next gnr album, shows up after slash, duff, and maybe izzy have put their spin on it.

I think you are spot on, from 2000-2008 he made several changes and multiple people put their hands on Chinese Democracy. At this point depending on how the rumored 2 tracks went (or are going) maybe he gets Slash, Duff, and Izzy's take on the unreleased and maybe even some of the songs we've already heard. Plus if there is any chance they are played live, Axl could try to go the route he did with the early CD Era lineup when he re-recorded Appetite.

Who knows, but there are so many possibilities with this reunion...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #486 on: December 31, 2015, 09:45:50 PM »

We are not past rumored. What has been confirmed is that Axl plan to release cd2 and we know Tommy 'of course' would consider joining.

As if am in denial not reasonable doubt? Imo, people who accept modern gnr are more tolerant and less illusional than reunionists.

It makes sense to me that a musician like Liam Howlet is a part of modern gnr so I was excited about Chris being there, but It doesn't bother me much should newgnr give way for this. Axl will still be Axl, just in a more classic rockband.  If they indeed reunite it wouldn't equal 'coming to terms' either u know. I picture me people yelling 'wheres CD2 bitch' hihi
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 09:55:05 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #487 on: December 31, 2015, 09:59:08 PM »

You dont think a reunion is happening?

not as rumored no

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #488 on: December 31, 2015, 10:01:11 PM »

You dont think a reunion is happening?

not as rumored no

Which rumor are you referring to then? We have seen all possible line-up combinations mentioned in the past days.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #489 on: December 31, 2015, 10:16:49 PM »

I don't think Axl is comfortable having to do with more than one of the alumni at the time. So I doubt we get afd-lineup on a megatour. It would suprise me.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #490 on: December 31, 2015, 10:20:45 PM »

We are not past rumored. What has been confirmed is that Axl plan to release cd2 and we know Tommy 'of course' would consider joining.

Billboard and NYT do not throw around the word 'confirmed' unless they hear it straight from the horses mouth... You have 5 more days to pretend this isn't happening, and also pretend that Jimmy Kimmel would have Axl on Wednesday following all of these 'rumors' to announce 2 nobody guitar players and a CD that no one outside of these boards is looking for.

I don't think Axl is comfortable having to do with more than one of the alumni at the time. So I doubt we get afd-lineup on a megatour. It would suprise me.

Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank, Dizzy (and maybe Pitman) are what we will get. Izzy is probably involved in scattered live appearances and new material collaboration. I feel your pain though... I'm getting my band back and you are losing yours.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 10:23:13 PM by C0ma » Logged
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #491 on: December 31, 2015, 10:27:46 PM »

I feel your pain though... I'm getting my band back and you are losing yours.

doesn't describe me

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #492 on: December 31, 2015, 10:29:29 PM »

I feel your pain though... I'm getting my band back and you are losing yours.

doesn't describe me

Not sure why you are holding on so hard and ignoring confirmations from the most reputable publications in the world then...
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #493 on: December 31, 2015, 10:35:28 PM »

Not sure why you are holding on so hard

I am doing what? Have i made painz0r cause I don't believe it and provide arguments for it? if it's true I would be 'lol wtf', and move on

ignoring confirmations from the most reputable publications in the world

what has been confirmed? whats set in stone here? I have red it all and I would be genuinely suprised if it happens.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 10:39:35 PM by norway » Logged

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #494 on: December 31, 2015, 10:36:50 PM »

i wonder if we should make a "where does cd2 fit into all of this?" thread? or is there already a thread where that can of discussion should go?

anyways, not trying to rain on anyones parade. this reunion stuff is great news. its great to see everyone so stoked. im legitimately happy for everyone that wanted this to happen for the past 20 years. congratulations everyone! your lineup is back! definitely looking that way!

Billboard and NYT do not throw around the word 'confirmed' unless they hear it straight from the horses mouth... You have 5 more days to pretend this isn't happening, and also pretend that Jimmy Kimmel would have Axl on Wednesday following all of these 'rumors' to announce 2 nobody guitar players and a CD that no one outside of these boards is looking for.

interesting! you seem to be just about the only one left doubting this. if it were a gambling thing it would be like 95  to one. youd make a ton of money on odds like that if you won! i guess theres no way to know for sure, but when even new york times chimes in, it does make you wonder.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #495 on: December 31, 2015, 10:48:47 PM »

I think you are spot on, from 2000-2008 he made several changes and multiple people put their hands on Chinese Democracy. At this point depending on how the rumored 2 tracks went (or are going) maybe he gets Slash, Duff, and Izzy's take on the unreleased and maybe even some of the songs we've already heard. Plus if there is any chance they are played live, Axl could try to go the route he did with the early CD Era lineup when he re-recorded Appetite.

What two tracks?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #496 on: December 31, 2015, 11:00:37 PM »

Axl guesting is confirmed by JKL?

interesting! you seem to be just about the only one left doubting this. if it were a gambling thing it would be like 95  to one. youd make a ton of money on odds like that if you won!

1: It is one in a million, not 95 to one. Wink
2: I think you confuse 'odds' with enthusiasm.

i guess theres no way to know for sure, but when even new york times chimes in, it does make you wonder.

has made me wonder whats up yeah, but u said it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 11:04:42 PM by norway » Logged

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #497 on: December 31, 2015, 11:04:49 PM »

youve been around a long time, so what you say and your confidence about it does catch my attention. it is true that people want this very badly. maybe youre on to something. guess well see whats up on kimmel!

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #498 on: December 31, 2015, 11:08:38 PM »

What two tracks?

There is a rumor that they have worked on or are working on 2 new tracks with this reformed lineup. There was a facebook post from some Swedish studio engineer (might have his role wrong) where he posted 2 pictures and a caption saying he was working with Guns N Roses, him in a recording environment with Richard (who was playing an acoustic guitar) and a second of him sitting at a table with Slash (which looks like it was taken at a small Christmas party... in the Slash picture there is a guy just cropped out on the right side of the picture with a tattoo sleeve but his arm is all you see... Could it have been Richard???
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 11:23:10 PM by C0ma » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #499 on: December 31, 2015, 11:16:27 PM »

As if am in denial not reasonable doubt? Imo, people who accept modern gnr are more tolerant and less illusional than reunionists.

It makes sense to me that a musician like Liam Howlet is a part of modern gnr so I was excited about Chris being there, but It doesn't bother me much should newgnr give way for this. Axl will still be Axl, just in a more classic rockband.  If they indeed reunite it wouldn't equal 'coming to terms' either u know. I picture me people yelling 'wheres CD2 bitch' hihi

Man, i was the furthest thing from a reunionist on this board until about a week ago. I frequently said hell would freeze over, first.

You've got major press outlets reporting that this is happening. They are using the word confirmed. Thats confirmation. Its not an official announcement, but its a confirmation. Again, we are past just rumors.

So, yeah...i think, at this point,you're bascally in denial. And you've got about 5 or 6 more days to swim in that river,  I think. If you think that axl, slash, and duff....and thats the current configuration we are talking about in this thread..aren't planning to be sharing the stage at Coachella...I don't know what to tell you, man. You are going to have a very tough time convincing anyone your position is "right", at this point. There is far too much respected and reputable information from respected and reputable press outlets you have to explain away.

Also,we know axls intent was to release cd2...18 months ago. I mean..with this band, is it really that surprising that things might have changed?

And we've covered the fact that i think your interpretation of tommys comments are incorrect.

Kimmel is confirmed by multiple outlets as well. I expect we will get further official word tomorrow or Saturday.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 11:29:28 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: