Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:58:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 141715 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #460 on: December 31, 2015, 12:10:46 PM »

Wonder how the crowd will behave at Slash's gig tomorrow. Can he expect spontaneous "Guns N Roses" chants?
It will happen unfortunately.  It will distract from the SMKC show, but I think it is inevitable, as unfair as it is to those guys.

Ali

Yeah, it's very plausible.

Anyone here going by the way?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #461 on: December 31, 2015, 12:13:07 PM »

Wonder how the crowd will behave at Slash's gig tomorrow. Can he expect spontaneous "Guns N Roses" chants?
It will happen unfortunately.  It will distract from the SMKC show, but I think it is inevitable, as unfair as it is to those guys.

Ali

Somebody must go and report. I have a feeling something special will go down.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #462 on: December 31, 2015, 12:43:10 PM »

god damn it this is going to be a long night now you've put that thought in my head

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #463 on: December 31, 2015, 12:45:49 PM »

I'd assume there would be nothing too GNR related tonight...other than the normal GNR songs that the Conspirators roll out.

Going to wait for the big unveiling on Kimmel....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #464 on: December 31, 2015, 12:46:56 PM »

Ali

Somebody must go and report. I have a feeling something special will go down.

There might be... if there isn't a surprise appearance or anything, I don't expect Slash to address anything though.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #465 on: December 31, 2015, 01:53:48 PM »

Unless he just declined out of respect to Steven, why wouldn't Matt be the drummer??

D!  Been so long I thought you were gone for good!  How is life in Bon Jovi land? See you at the Nashville or Atlanta show.

Hell yeah ill be at both!  GNR back together and Richie leaves Jon. What are the fuckin odds hahahaahaha

Never gone for good but definitely needed a breather from forum reunion always has been my dream though. I am so fucking happy

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #466 on: December 31, 2015, 01:57:44 PM »

I'd assume there would be nothing too GNR related tonight...other than the normal GNR songs that the Conspirators roll out.

Perhaps they'll shake things up and do something from Chinese Democracy Grin

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #467 on: December 31, 2015, 03:06:24 PM »

The news about this reunion is awesome. Not sure where, but I will be there.

On another note it's funny to see all the slash haters here eat shit. Makes my day!
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #468 on: December 31, 2015, 03:17:15 PM »

On another note it's funny to see all the slash haters here eat shit. Makes my day!

Ha!  It is amusing...the man who was destroying GnR is now back and helping to make GnR relevant again.  Hey, if Axl can change his mind, why can't they?  Actually, I'm guessing that (coincidentally) their minds changed when Axl's did.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #469 on: December 31, 2015, 03:18:55 PM »

Going to wait for the big unveiling on Kimmel....

Anything is possible, but I'd expect the big reveal to be on Kimmel next week. I think he's "earned" that right, or at least he's been chosen as the vehicle to get the information out. Just as Coachella has paid for the rights for the first performance by the band, whoever that may be. I wouldn't expect a performance before them. Could be wrong of course.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #470 on: December 31, 2015, 03:30:31 PM »

Ha!  It is amusing...the man who was destroying GnR is now back and helping to make GnR relevant again.  Hey, if Axl can change his mind, why can't they?  Actually, I'm guessing that (coincidentally) their minds changed when Axl's did.

Ginger King, I think you and I have finally found something that we agree upon!   Shocked  Assuming that Axl will indeed be confirming all of this, it would indeed be funny to see all the intense Slash hated that has inundated this site for more than a decade turn into love for the man simply because Axl is (allegedly) going to say so!
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #471 on: December 31, 2015, 03:35:54 PM »

http://www.alternativenation.net/steven-adler-izzy-stradlin-guns-n-roses-reunion/

Steven Adler & Izzy Stradlin?s Rumored Involvement In Guns N? Roses Reunion

Metal Sludge is reporting that Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler could be guest performers on Guns N? Roses? upcoming reunion tour.

?It?s Axl, Slash & Duff. And whoever they decided to hire for the week, month or leg of a specific tour. If anyone so much as steps a foot to the left, they will be replaced faster than Summer?s replaces clip-in extensions on tour.?

He added, ?It?s the Big 3, Dizzy will be on keys, Frank on drums and Richard on rythym. And Izzy will saunter in a few nights and do 2-3 songs. Adler will get a chance to play a song or two, and my guess, might even be done 38 Special style. With both drummers. I?ve heard from sources Axl does not like Sorum, and he?s also said a few dumb things in recent years ? so he?s not likely to be there unless he bought a ticket. Scatter in a guest here or there on guitar, or Bach singing a duet with the boss on a night or two. Maybe if Fortus breaks an arm or something, they might bring in Gilby for a run of shows. I?d also wager there will be another utility player or two on the trek playing keyboards, or maybe even some extra guitar. Mark my words on all of this.?

Ex-Poison manager Howie Hubberman hinted at Facebook at Guns N? Roses trying to find a way to have some sort of role for Steven Adler in the reunion. ?Negotiations are not finished. They are doing this the right way!! Right way would include Steven (in some way).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 03:43:48 PM by Bridge » Logged
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #472 on: December 31, 2015, 03:45:49 PM »

I wouldn't say I'm a Slash "hater", but I do think he's been a back stabbing attention/media whore in the past. 

I'll be going for the environment and energy.  Because most people in this country (for some reason) think that having Axl and Slash on the same stage will make the music so much better.  However, I'm still not the biggest Slash fan.  Just because they are getting back together doesn't mean I'm gonna kiss his ass. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 03:52:47 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #473 on: December 31, 2015, 03:47:05 PM »

Ginger King, I think you and I have finally found something that we agree upon!   Shocked  Assuming that Axl will indeed be confirming all of this, it would indeed be funny to see all the intense Slash hated that has inundated this site for more than a decade turn into love for the man simply because Axl is (allegedly) going to say so!

Say what!?!  I take it back!  hihi

While there should be some back peddling by (a lot) of folks here who will now embrace Slash...I'm guessing they will rationalize it as follows:  I like all things Guns n Roses.  Slash is in Guns n Roses.  Therefore, I like Slash.  That conveniently will erase the decades of hate thrown on the man.  

In the end, who gives a shit.  I'm psyched that I'm this close to being able to see a concert that I never thought would happened.  Sidenote:  If it happens, I'll finally be able to forgive my parents for forbidding a then 10 year old Ginger King from seeing GnR and Metallica back in the day!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #474 on: December 31, 2015, 03:50:39 PM »

Ginger I wasn't allowed to go either!!!

Also really jacked up by the reports Popcorn might get his moment in the sun.

Felt all along Izzy would be around a little bit too...very happy that we have Richard to fill in.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #475 on: December 31, 2015, 03:51:50 PM »

Sidenote:  If it happens, I'll finally be able to forgive my parents for forbidding a then 10 year old Ginger King from seeing GnR and Metallica back in the day!

Yeah, I was never allowed to see them either back in the day, but if the rumors I just shared above about Izzy and Steven are true, then we may actually be seeing the entire classic lineup on stage at one time (even for a couple of songs)!  I still won't believe that until I see it, but it would be epic and previously inconceivable for THAT to happen!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #476 on: December 31, 2015, 03:56:14 PM »

Felt all along Izzy would be around a little bit too...very happy that we have Richard to fill in.

Izzy is the only member I haven't seen play live in a GNR setting, well him and Paul Tobias. I'd love the chance to get to see him jam out a few songs at least. I was also a little young and missed out on seeing them back in the day. Saw the 3 different lineups and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame performance. Never Axl and Slash together though. Been waiting for that opportunity for quite some time, and I honestly wasn't sure I'd ever get the chance. Thankfully, now it looks like I will.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #477 on: December 31, 2015, 04:00:52 PM »

Izzy is the only member I haven't seen play live in a GNR setting, well him and Paul Tobias. I'd love the chance to get to see him jam out a few songs at least. I was also a little young and missed out on seeing them back in the day. Saw the 3 different lineups and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame performance. Never Axl and Slash together though. Been waiting for that opportunity for quite some time, and I honestly wasn't sure I'd ever get the chance. Thankfully, now it looks like I will.

I think there are a bunch of us here right around the same age that are all in the same boat...we all love the music from these guys... but just missed out on seeing them perform it together...

I'm still in shock that we appear to be this close to seeing it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #478 on: December 31, 2015, 04:17:20 PM »

I think there are a bunch of us here right around the same age that are all in the same boat...we all love the music from these guys... but just missed out on seeing them perform it together...

I'm still in shock that we appear to be this close to seeing it.
Me too. It still hasn't sunk in for real yet. I'm not sure how I'll react when I see the two of them together on stage, whether performing or not. I think I'll have some Kleenex handy just in case.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #479 on: December 31, 2015, 04:39:38 PM »

http://www.alternativenation.net/steven-adler-izzy-stradlin-guns-n-roses-reunion/

Steven Adler & Izzy Stradlin?s Rumored Involvement In Guns N? Roses Reunion

Metal Sludge is reporting that Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler could be guest performers on Guns N? Roses? upcoming reunion tour.

?It?s Axl, Slash & Duff. And whoever they decided to hire for the week, month or leg of a specific tour. If anyone so much as steps a foot to the left, they will be replaced faster than Summer?s replaces clip-in extensions on tour.?

He added, ?It?s the Big 3, Dizzy will be on keys, Frank on drums and Richard on rythym. And Izzy will saunter in a few nights and do 2-3 songs. Adler will get a chance to play a song or two, and my guess, might even be done 38 Special style. With both drummers. I?ve heard from sources Axl does not like Sorum, and he?s also said a few dumb things in recent years ? so he?s not likely to be there unless he bought a ticket. Scatter in a guest here or there on guitar, or Bach singing a duet with the boss on a night or two. Maybe if Fortus breaks an arm or something, they might bring in Gilby for a run of shows. I?d also wager there will be another utility player or two on the trek playing keyboards, or maybe even some extra guitar. Mark my words on all of this.?

Ex-Poison manager Howie Hubberman hinted at Facebook at Guns N? Roses trying to find a way to have some sort of role for Steven Adler in the reunion. ?Negotiations are not finished. They are doing this the right way!! Right way would include Steven (in some way).

The least this guy could have done is actually quote htgth... Everything in that article is ripped from the forum.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: