Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:48:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 141711 times)
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #420 on: December 30, 2015, 07:53:48 PM »

There's hope for everyone now... Smiley

Same thing my best friend said when I talked about GNR rumors  rofl

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #421 on: December 30, 2015, 07:57:48 PM »

I've seen a couple people say this...and I think they are right... both drummers have been just tooooo damn quiet lately... My money says at least one of them is in.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #422 on: December 30, 2015, 08:25:54 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/30/arts/music/coachella-lands-two-big-reunions-guns-n-roses-and-lcd-soundsystem.html

Coachella Lands Two Big Reunions: Guns N? Roses and LCD Soundsystem

By BEN SISARIODEC. 30, 2015

Living up to its tradition as the premier forum for rock ?n? roll reunions, the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival will host at least two of them in 2016: Guns N? Roses ? a gigantic get ? and LCD Soundsystem.

The music world has been buzzing for months about a possible reunion for Guns N? Roses, after Slash, the band?s original lead guitarist, suggested in interviews that he had finally reconciled with Axl Rose, its singer, ending a two-decade feud. After the original band fell apart in the mid-1990s, Mr. Rose maintained the Guns N? Roses name, releasing ?Chinese Democracy,? one of rock?s longest-gestating albums, in 2008 ? after some 13 years of work and untold millions of dollars in production expenses ? and he has toured with various new members over the years.

Now, some version of the classic Guns N? Roses will headline the next Coachella, which will return to Indio, Calif., on April 15-17 and April 22-24, according to a person with direct knowledge of the festival?s plans, who was not authorized to discuss it publicly. The festival is expected to announce the lineup early next week.

Besides Slash and Mr. Rose, it is unclear who else will participate. Its classic lineup, which played on the band?s 1987 debut album, ?Appetite for Destruction,? also included the guitarist Izzy Stradlin, the bassist Duff McKagan and the drummer Steven Adler, who was kicked out in 1990.

News of Guns N? Roses? return was first reported by Billboard, which also said that the band was looking to book a major stadium tour next year ? which, if it happens, could easily be one of the biggest rock tours in years, with top ticket prices likely. Mr. Rose is expected to make an announcement about the future of Guns N? Roses on ?Jimmy Kimmel Live!? next week.

The next Coachella will also feature the return of LCD Soundsystem, the dance-rock band led by James Murphy, which last performed in a farewell show at Madison Square Garden in 2011. Rumors of an LCD comeback surfaced on Dec. 24, after the group released a new song, ?Christmas Will Break Your Heart,? on its website.

A spokesman for LCD Soundsystem declined to comment. Representatives of Guns N? Roses and Coachella did not return numerous requests for comment.

Coachella?s high-profile reunions over the years have included the Pixies in 2004, Rage Against the Machine in 2007 and Outkast in 2014. For its 2015 edition, which featured AC/DC, Drake, the Weeknd and Jack White, the festival collected $84 million in ticket sales, according to Billboard, making it by far the most lucrative festival in the country.

Coachella is presented by Goldenvoice, a California concert promoter that is owned by the global concert giant AEG Live.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #423 on: December 30, 2015, 08:28:23 PM »

Ok guys...thats really the fat lady singing on the speculation. I'm not a fan of unnamed sources, but...thats the new york fucking times confirming it.

Its fucking tuesday.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #424 on: December 30, 2015, 08:32:38 PM »

I posted this a couple of days ago... Eddie Meehan (president of Wonderful Union) started following Slash on twitter recently.

Just now, he's following Duff as well.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #425 on: December 30, 2015, 08:44:53 PM »

Ok guys...thats really the fat lady singing on the speculation. I'm not a fan of unnamed sources, but...thats the new york fucking times confirming it.

Its fucking tuesday.

Billboard, Rolling Stone, NYTimes... this is happening. No doubt.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #426 on: December 30, 2015, 08:49:01 PM »

My 2 cents FWIW, I can see this happening.

Coachella, 1st gig back will be the AFD 5. Then I reckon the stadium tour will be a mix of the people we have already spoken about.

But I could definitely see the AFD 5 kicking this off

Just my prediction  Cheesy
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #427 on: December 30, 2015, 08:56:18 PM »

I don't get it.... Why would Sorum or Adler be on drums ?  Wasn't Frank sporting a GnR Welcome to the Jingle sweater about a week ago ?  Why would his loyalty have him watching from the sidelines ? That will be Adler & Sorum.   Richard I have no doubt will be in this band as well.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #428 on: December 30, 2015, 09:05:34 PM »

I don't get it.... Why would Sorum or Adler be on drums ?  Wasn't Frank sporting a GnR Welcome to the Jingle sweater about a week ago ?  Why would his loyalty have him watching from the sidelines ? That will be Adler & Sorum.   Richard I have no doubt will be in this band as well.

It's all guess work.

Think about it though,
Adler wants to be involved but probably can't be trusted to do a whole tour and Axl has an allegiance to frank to do the right thing by him, so it makes since to give Adler the opening slot for a number of reasons, 1. It's the first gig, Adler could be trusted to open without the pressure of a heap of shows, it would also give him less time to fuck up.
2. that's where all eyes will be. So opening with the AFD 5 would actually be a full blown reunion.
3. Frank and Richard come in for the stadium shows and take the pressure off Adler and Izzy who wouldn't go through a full tour for multiple reasons individually.

As I said, it's just MY prediction. I'm not saying it's cast in stone or anything lol
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #429 on: December 30, 2015, 09:23:48 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-slash-to-reunite-guns-n-roses-at-coachella-20151230

Wonder what took them so long?

Sweetness is a virtue
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #430 on: December 30, 2015, 09:26:05 PM »

Maybe after the disaster of reporting about that college campus rape stuff, has them on edge!.lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #431 on: December 30, 2015, 09:35:58 PM »

imagine Fortus starting 'messages' after CW with Slash ^^

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #432 on: December 30, 2015, 09:49:20 PM »

The biggest newspaper in Norway, VG, posted an article about this yesterday but I missed one paragraph that reveals more info.

Translated:

Sources within the concert business say to VG they have knowledge of the reunion and there is also an European tour being planned.

Sweetness is a virtue
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #433 on: December 30, 2015, 10:19:51 PM »

That would make sense. It would be silly to think they just plan to do shows in the US.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #434 on: December 30, 2015, 10:39:52 PM »

Got to hand it to TB, so far so good. And Fernando promised news and looks like he's come through.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #435 on: December 30, 2015, 10:58:04 PM »

Wonder how the crowd will behave at Slash's gig tomorrow. Can he expect spontaneous "Guns N Roses" chants?

Sweetness is a virtue
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #436 on: December 30, 2015, 11:11:18 PM »

^i would say that is likely!

Got to hand it to TB, so far so good. And Fernando promised news and looks like he's come through.

he came through! i thought he would too, even said so.

/end gloating

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #437 on: December 30, 2015, 11:17:50 PM »

Let's just enjoy all this however it plays out! Don't drive everyone crazy with new songs, new albums speculation etc. enjoy the moments  Shocked

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #438 on: December 31, 2015, 12:52:03 AM »

^i would say that is likely!

he came through! i thought he would too, even said so.

/end gloating

Haha, I have not yet begun to gloat  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #439 on: December 31, 2015, 03:30:53 AM »

Unless he just declined out of respect to Steven, why wouldn't Matt be the drummer??

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: