Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:37:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 152259 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #320 on: December 30, 2015, 09:51:04 AM »

I think it's important for disillusioned C.D. era fans to remember we're not getting a reunion in place of CD2. That had almost a decade to come out. We are in all likelihood getting a reunion in place of not getting anything.

I think that's how CD fans should approach it too.
We have spoken and argued about this many times as to whether CD2 was ever seriously going to be released (I think that the time frame for believing in that project had long since passed anyway but once BBF and finally DJ walked, anyone who held onto that notion of it being released was in delusion.

Just my opinion of course but I think CD era just got well and truly buried!
Am all about the band moving forward as well.
I just hope that what is going to happen isint a cash grab 80s gnr nostalgia tour, because that aint going to help.

By the way i would be happy if i look like Axl when im his age. I think he looks good (definitely not obese). No need for you girls to start crying beacause he is not the sex symbol he was in 1991

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #321 on: December 30, 2015, 09:53:02 AM »

Not a football stadium, but I do hope that they make a stop at the Mets' CitiField.  Foo Fighters played there last summer and by all accounts, all went well.  
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #322 on: December 30, 2015, 09:55:36 AM »

Not a football stadium, but I do hope that they make a stop at the Mets' CitiField.  Foo Fighters played there last summer and by all accounts, all went well.  

I think that's unlikely.  They'll play MetLife, pretty much for sure.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #323 on: December 30, 2015, 10:01:10 AM »

I think it's important for disillusioned C.D. era fans to remember we're not getting a reunion in place of CD2. That had almost a decade to come out. We are in all likelihood getting a reunion in place of not getting anything.

I think that's how CD fans should approach it too.
We have spoken and argued about this many times as to whether CD2 was ever seriously going to be released (I think that the time frame for believing in that project had long since passed anyway but once BBF and finally DJ walked, anyone who held onto that notion of it being released was in delusion.

Just my opinion of course but I think CD era just got well and truly buried!
I just hope that what is going to happen isint a cash grab 80s gnr nostalgia tour, because that aint going to help.

By the way i would be happy if i look like Axl when im his age. I think he looks good (definitely not obese). No need for you girls to start crying beacause he is not the sex symbol he was in 1991

What you don't seem to take in to consideration... is there was no longer a band.... and the band that recorded the songs we haven't heard yet... was NEVER coming back.

I hope no music gets lost in the shuffle here as well...but this is the best news for everybody who wants to see Axl in the fore front again.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #324 on: December 30, 2015, 10:04:27 AM »

Probably right, but I'm hoping for Citifield because, having experienced how different past crowds have been at MSG compared to Meadowlands arena, I think it's more likely that there would be an MSG-like crowd at Citifield.  Being 10 minutes away from Citifield doesn't hurt either.   Grin
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #325 on: December 30, 2015, 10:08:18 AM »

Probably right, but I'm hoping for Citifield because, having experienced how different past crowds have been at MSG compared to Meadowlands arena, I think it's more likely that there would be an MSG-like crowd at Citifield.  Being 10 minutes away from Citifield doesn't hurt either.   Grin

George where do you live? (forget that don't post it ha) ... i'm also 10 mins away from Citi .. so that would be amazing...

I do think Giant's stadium (yes I am always going to call it that ) makes more sense.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #326 on: December 30, 2015, 10:09:04 AM »

Yeah, I think it's a capacity and sight lines issue.

If they were doing something like Billy Joel or Springsteen did, with multiple shows in the general area (if not in that specific building)...I think Citi might make the cut.

But considering, if the rumors are correct, the "limited" number of shows?  ESPECIALLY in NYC and LA markets, they're going to take the biggest building they can get.  Because they can fill it, and probably then some.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #327 on: December 30, 2015, 10:10:49 AM »

George where do you live? (forget that don't post it ha) ... i'm also 10 mins away from Citi .. so that would be amazing...

I do think Giant's stadium (yes I am always going to call it that ) makes more sense.

When I FIRST posted about Metlife being an almost definite candidate...I almost posted "giants stadium".  And then....remembered there ARE some jets fans around here, somewhere. Wink

Together again,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #328 on: December 30, 2015, 10:13:16 AM »

lol. it was a typo.

I know I was just busting balls

nobody sings like axl. that much is true! he has a bigger range than freddie mercury or mariah carey.

This is what I mean, this is something that I don't think can and should be subjective... that is just pain wrong. Mariah Carey may not be your thing, but she would sing circles around Axl on his best day... and Freddie Mercury? he is one of, if not the best rock singers of all time. Axl is awesome, don't get me wrong, it's why I've been here since the site went live but I can be realistic... Axl is a really good singer, but these singers are other worldly. I think people tend to confuse great front man with great singer... they are different things. Axl has not been a 'great' singer in years.

One of the things that I have laughed at for years is the famous Eddie Trunk interview with Baz from before the NY shows. Baz started to bash people who use pro tools, then it got uncomfortable as Axl explained all of the virtues of 'touching up vocals'

What I don't want to see here is to have this fall apart because he doesn't put the work into being tip top and get tired of being blown off the stage by Slash... I know people will argue that he has played with better guitar players (and he has) but it's the name... he is on the stage with an international guitar icon/legend. from 2000-2014 everyone was there to see Axl, in 2016 there are going to be plenty of people there to see Slash. Axl is not going to be the biggest name on that stage... so he cannot mail it in.

Think he's referring to that study from a few years back that said Axl had the biggest vocal range, which one can take or leave I guess.  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/10848713/Axl-Rose-has-a-larger-vocal-range-than-Mariah-Carey.html

Anyway, I wouldn't worry, even if he's at his worst, which still isn't bad IMO, these concerts will be incredible.  At his best, look the fuck out!  
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #329 on: December 30, 2015, 10:13:46 AM »

Citi field has been doing concerts during the summer. I can see Citi getting involved as well.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #330 on: December 30, 2015, 10:15:43 AM »

The band hasn't been moving forward for years now.  And "Appetite For Residency" was not a nostalgia cash grab, as you say?  Sure it was.

Think of it like this.  If you are going to label this a nostalgia cash grab, at least he's using better people.  More relevant people.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #331 on: December 30, 2015, 10:16:37 AM »

Right next door to YOU, the other empty house, the other dead end street and all.   beer  
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #332 on: December 30, 2015, 10:17:24 AM »

mariah and freddy didnt use rasp the way he does. his vocal technique is more demanding and more punishing. same with robert daltry (kidding about the name). even rod stewart had to have operations done to his vocal chords, and he doesnt push himself anywhere near to axls level. danni filth from cradle of filth had to quit screaming all together last i heard.

not a great singer? really? you dont have to think his voice is the best, but i do  beer

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #333 on: December 30, 2015, 10:17:40 AM »

What I don't want to see here is to have this fall apart because he doesn't put the work into being tip top

I mean..to me, the pic looks like a guy caught, out on a run (or a cardio hike), by a fan who asked for a pic.

He's even got his damn water bottle with him so he can hydrate.

I'm not basing this on the picture... I'm not saying he's 'fat'... I'm responding to the Pavarotti comment. He is better when he is in better shape is all.

I was just saying...that looks like some "evidence" he might be "working into being tip top", right there. It's not definitive, but....

And I will also say.."tip top" at 54 can look VERY different than "tip top" at 34 or 24.  Not to belabor the issue (because, really, it's sort of a crazy thing to proactively argue over before the guy has sung his first note, or before a tour is even announced), but the testosterone levels are not what they were at that point, in most men.  Muscle mass, etc, starts to decline, typically, no matter HOW much you work out/at it. Yes, there are supplements, etc...but the effectiveness and health risks to using them are hotly debated.  BUT, having said that, your cardiovascular health can be as good, if not better, than a 30 year old man who looks chiseled from granite.

In other words, it's possible he could be in fine shape...and to look at him, he's not going to look like he did 10, 15, 20 years ago.

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #334 on: December 30, 2015, 10:23:29 AM »

Right next door to YOU, the other empty house, the other dead end street and all.   beer  

HAHA I thought so...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Annie
« Reply #335 on: December 30, 2015, 10:26:57 AM »

well that's just bullshit.  we been waiting year and now it seems the time is here and I'm fucked it would appear.  been fun cheerin on this train for decades...sad

Yeah, its a tough for people like us.

However, be honest, if we had both re-upped like we should have...we'd probably appreciate it being closed for people trying to join as of 1 hour ago.

I'm having no problems logging in at all, site is working great for me-  ok

I just read though, never tried to post.

I
Me either.   But I can't post on that site from my iPhone.  I have to be logged on to a regular computer.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #336 on: December 30, 2015, 10:30:00 AM »

I'm hoping for a philly date, but I'm guessing it's 50-50. if there truly are 25 shows in the U.S. only, the chances certainly go up. that's a lot of shows for a stadium tour. but with shows likely in NY and balt/DC (and because of past GnR history in Philly), it could be a city they skip. we'll see.    

I wonder too.

And despite being both a huge market and a pretty reliable rock town, we get skipped by the bigger acts more than I think logical.

U2, Maiden, Pearl Jam...all missed us their last time through.  And I doubt they would have trouble moving tickets.

i think the maiden tour was just a limited number of dates. But i believe U2 and Pearl Jam both played here on their most recent tours. they have had multiple NA legs to their large tours and we were on at least one of them. typically, we are on the "primary" leg of all the tours. bands alot of times come back and do the "secondary" cities. i think with U2, we ended up on the secondary leg because i do remember my friends being EXTREMLY disappointed when they annouced that huge tour 2-3 years ago. and i know you live in philly and probably listen to MMR, so you've heard all the love at several shows from PJ. i'm sick of hearing that clip of that d-bag nick from MMR. ha! but they've played a ton of shows here.  

the press release does state 25 football stadiums in "North America", so I guess a few will be in Canada and Mexico. definitely a chance Philly gets skipped on this one. if you figure they want to cover as many locations/states as possible and there is only one leg to the tour, leaving philly off would be a possibility since we could go to NY or DC metro. future plans for additional shows will also play a factor in that decision.  

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #337 on: December 30, 2015, 10:33:16 AM »

Someone asked about the timing on the picture.  I can't give you an exact time frame, but....

S'Well (from his water bottle) was founded in 2010.

His "smokey eye" water bottle http://www.swellbottle.com/product/smokey-eye/ was part of the 2014 product line update (I can find reviews from early 2014).

I would say that means the picture is from at least mid 2014 to now.

Together again,
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #338 on: December 30, 2015, 10:34:38 AM »

Someone asked about the timing on the picture.  I can't give you an exact time frame, but....

S'Well (from his water bottle) was founded in 2010.

His "smokey eye" water bottle http://www.swellbottle.com/product/smokey-eye/ was part of the 2014 product line update (I can find reviews from early 2014).

I would say that means the picture is from at least mid 2014 to now.

The woman who first put it up said its from last week.
Annie
« Reply #339 on: December 30, 2015, 10:40:30 AM »

I hope this isn't a stupid question.  If it's a stadium tour would a Chicago stop be in United Center or at Soldier Field?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: