Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:41:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 141706 times)
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #280 on: December 30, 2015, 05:38:00 AM »

Singer Tony Harnell is no longer a member of SKID ROW @tonyharnell https://t.co/CEMla612PJ

Skid Row is back with Sebastian Bach
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #281 on: December 30, 2015, 06:14:07 AM »

Completely agree with the facts at hand, but there is going to have to be some give and take... It's not like Axl isn't benefiting from taking the stage with Slash (maybe more so than Slash is from taking the stage with him). I don't expect Axl to ignore 2000-2014... you can't expect Slash and Duff to either.

The point I was trying to make is that it's GN'R. GN'R, to me, is bigger than all those other bands anybody who's been in GN'R have been in.
They're supposed to do GN'R songs. Not necessarily choice cuts from bands that existed while people were out of the band.

Maybe it makes no sense. But that's what I was trying to say.

But yeah, in one way, it would be a nice gesture. On the other hand, it would highlight another band....

That gets you to 25 on the nose.

Foxboro MA, Buffalo NY, NY NY, Philly, Pitts, Cleveland, Washington DC, Charlotte NC, Atlanta GA, Tampa FL, Miami FL, Nashville, New Orleans, Indianpolis, Detroit, Chicago, Minneapolis,  Green Bay, Denver, Dallas, Kansas City, Arizona, LA, Oakland, Seattle

Somebody mentioned the fact that there are baseball and college stadiums. Good points. The Billboard article did state football stadiums though.

Most of those places are also in the top 25 metropolitan areas of the USA.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
justme
Opening Act

Keep on rollin'

« Reply #282 on: December 30, 2015, 06:16:30 AM »

http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/2489/twits-tweets?page=41

Picture !!!
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #283 on: December 30, 2015, 06:38:20 AM »

In regards to college stadiums, The Stones played at Carter Finley Stadium in Raleigh, NC earlier this year. So playing college stadiums aren't out of question if indeed stadiums are the plan.
hRob
Rocker

The Defender of the Opera

« Reply #284 on: December 30, 2015, 06:39:02 AM »

And the "he's fat" storm starts in 3...2...1

In my opionion he's looking adequate for his age, and who knows how recent that picture is.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:51:19 AM by hRob » Logged

13/6/2006 Prague, 27/9/2010 Prague, 13/7/2012 Pie?ťany, 4/7/2017 Prague
Princess Leia
« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2015, 06:45:25 AM »

Hey Doug you were the unscrupulous guy  Angry
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #286 on: December 30, 2015, 06:50:09 AM »

And the "he's fat" storm starts in 3...2...1

In my opionion he's looking adequate for his age, and who knows how recent that picture is.

He looks good, I just hope he can scream like in 2010 or 2006  peace
ben9785
« Reply #287 on: December 30, 2015, 06:58:27 AM »

Thanks for posting. Just saw it on another forum with the accompanying medical reports. Tongue
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #288 on: December 30, 2015, 07:03:32 AM »

Him and Duff could duo (like 14 years, DTJ, DNB) Kill the police by GG allin yes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #289 on: December 30, 2015, 07:03:55 AM »

I think it's important for disillusioned C.D. era fans to remember we're not getting a reunion in place of CD2. That had almost a decade to come out. We are in all likelihood getting a reunion in place of not getting anything.

I think that's how CD fans should approach it too.
We have spoken and argued about this many times as to whether CD2 was ever seriously going to be released (I think that the time frame for believing in that project had long since passed anyway but once BBF and finally DJ walked, anyone who held onto that notion of it being released was in delusion.

Just my opinion of course but I think CD era just got well and truly buried!

Oscar, that doesn't mean all the ideas for songs, lyrics written, music recorded, etc gets buried.....those songs are free game to be manipulated and released at any time in the future....may be an Axl solo album....may be a Gnr album with Slash adding to them.....yada yada...a lot of money, blood, sweat, and tears invested in those songs and recordings by Axl and Universal.  Undecided
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 07:06:33 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Baz Rose
Rocker

I'll kick your ass like I said that I would...

« Reply #290 on: December 30, 2015, 07:14:31 AM »

I think Axl is in great shape, considering he's a month and a few days shy from his 54th birthday.

1992-12-02, Santiago
2010-03-20, Santiago
2011-10-05, Santiago
2016-10-29, Santiago
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #291 on: December 30, 2015, 07:16:59 AM »

Every one is talking about all the stuff that has happened recently with the web page being changed to the old logo and the clip in the movie preview and still saying I don't know which I totally understand given the past. What keeps coming to mind for me is before all this happened and every one was saying what's next is Duffs wife's friend in that vid screaming GnR is back b*tches. I have a good feeling a reunion is happening this time but I will go see the show next time they are around even if it doesn't.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #292 on: December 30, 2015, 07:21:40 AM »

Rock music was at its peak just about when Guns was. It's hard to compare anything in the modern day rock world to anything experienced in the 80's, 90's, and prior. For people who became interested in GNR during the CD era, that's what they knew best and cared about. I'm not sure why you can't accept that.

Perhaps I am phrasing this inartfully.

I suppose, at the base, what I'm saying is that it was WAY harder for us to get over the classic band, right?  We had to give up after a magical run most bands only dream about, and then cast our lot with god knows who.

The CD era fans never had a stable band anyway.  But with whatever they had now being gone, I would think it an easier transition for them seeing "their guys" replaced with people with the pedigree of Slash and Duff.  But in terms of O.G. GNR cred, as well as cred in the industry, just in in general.

Is any of this making sense?

Makes perfect sense... which is why I never understood the people who would argue against Axl, Slash, and Duff in favor of Axl, Bucket, Robin, and Tommy... but again some of them never saw the classic lineup. They never experienced near constant radio play, video rotation (some of them don't know what MTV once was), awards shows almost every year, etc...

BUT what they have seen is an album (which is their White Album for some reason), significant touring, DVD's, an army of bootlegs, some very accessible members of the band (ex. Bumble)... and more importantly they had this and other sites to form a community that suffered together over a long time. We didn't have (or really even need) that back in the 90's. We had it 'easy' from 87-93... they never had it easy, they almost had to 'fight' as fans. I can see why they might actually have a stronger connection to the CD era band than even we do to the classic lineup.

I don't know, sometimes I talk out of my ass, and I'm tired...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 07:25:54 AM by C0ma » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #293 on: December 30, 2015, 07:30:35 AM »

I think Axl is in great shape, considering he's a month and a few days shy from his 54th birthday.

Good shape for 54 is not good shape for running around 25 stadium sized stages sounding like one of the greatest front men of all time... When he has looked good for any age, he has sung well, when he has look OK for 'his age' he has had a 'weak' voice live, and struggled with certain songs.

Do we know when that picture is actually from?

I would think if he is willing to do it, he would be working with Duff on his martial arts and mountain bike riding routines to get in 'fighting' shape. Think back to VR, that work out saved Scott Weiland at the time, and may have actually prolonged his tragic life... who knows.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #294 on: December 30, 2015, 07:33:52 AM »

Somebody mentioned the fact that there are baseball and college stadiums. Good points. The Billboard article did state football stadiums though.

Most of those places are also in the top 25 metropolitan areas of the USA.

/jarmo

Just to point out: Big time college stadiums (which, FYI, ARE football stadiums) seat roughly 50 to 75k people.  They're not really any smaller than most modern NFL stadiums.  Only difference is who plays there....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #295 on: December 30, 2015, 07:37:11 AM »

Good shape for 54 is not good shape for running around 25 stadium sized stages sounding like one of the greatest front men of all time... When he has looked good for any age, he has sung well, when he has look OK for 'his age' he has had a 'weak' voice live, and struggled with certain songs.

Do we know when that picture is actually from?

I would think if he is willing to do it, he would be working with Duff on his martial arts and mountain bike riding routines to get in 'fighting' shape. Think back to VR, that work out saved Scott Weiland at the time, and may have actually prolonged his tragic life... who knows.

Pavarotti was a fat cunt and even with a fuckin cancer he could sing his ass off...In 2010 Axl was overweighted and probably was his best years in the last 15... Voice is not affected by weight plus he doesn't have to jump like a monkey on the stage anymore...He looks good, he obviously could improve a little but if his metabolism works that way, you can't do anything...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #296 on: December 30, 2015, 07:38:47 AM »

I think it's important for disillusioned C.D. era fans to remember we're not getting a reunion in place of CD2. That had almost a decade to come out. We are in all likelihood getting a reunion in place of not getting anything.

Certainly how I see it.

This was less of a one or the other situation and more of a this or nothing situation.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #297 on: December 30, 2015, 07:39:04 AM »

Just to point out: Big time college stadiums (which, FYI, ARE football stadiums) seat roughly 50 to 75k people.  They're not really any smaller than most modern NFL stadiums.  Only difference is who plays there....

Yeah, I didn't mean it's gonna be NFL only stadiums. Just that the article specified football as the sport. So maybe the baseball stadiums are out of running.

But since most major metropolitan areas in the USA have at least one NFL team, those would be high on the list don't you think?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #298 on: December 30, 2015, 07:43:33 AM »

Baseball would be tougher because its the middle of their season and their field would get fucked up.

They might have a game 2 days later.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #299 on: December 30, 2015, 07:52:36 AM »

Yeah, I didn't mean it's gonna be NFL only stadiums. Just that the article specified football as the sport. So maybe the baseball stadiums are out of running.

But since most major metropolitan areas in the USA have at least one NFL team, those would be high on the list don't you think?

/jarmo

Oh, I think the NFL stadiums are the place to go, if thats the option.  They're bigger, and the more modern ones are pretty well appointed in terms of facilities and other amenities.  And I think there are "other" stadium options (like in LA) where there isn't an NFL team near by....maybe not as nice, but certainly useable.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: