Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:41:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 141704 times)
matty29
Headliner

« Reply #260 on: December 30, 2015, 12:14:07 AM »

And an ad campaign before the biggest movie of alltime?

The lead article on the front page of Billboard?

For argument sake:
What if it turns out to be something like say a former manager who previously tried to "force" a reunion; who also has the $$ backup to run a movie ad campaign such as this from his Clear Channel business and other endeavors; who also has connections at Billboard ... what if all of this was to once again "force" a reunion?  Wouldn't it be prudent of Axl (or whomever) to just let the Coachella line-up day announcement come and go and then "leak" the proof that this reunion stuff was all fabricated by this ex-manager.

And then give the fans CD II with a free tee with that logo from gnr.com.

Again, just for argument sake. 

Well a former manager would have no benefit in doing so.  I think it's almost safe to take the tin foil hats off.  Maybe tomorrow.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #261 on: December 30, 2015, 12:28:32 AM »

Well a former manager would have no benefit in doing so.  I think it's almost safe to take the tin foil hats off.  Maybe tomorrow.

You don't think that maybe the ego of said manager could be so big that it's a totally impossible scenario?  Considering how it's fact it was tried and failed before and everyone knows it.  And the amount of money it would cost him to attempt it again would be a drop in the bucket to him.  And the revenue he could make if it works would be astronomical in comparison?

Me and my tin foil hat are totally on board with whatever Axl decides is best for himself and GNR. 

Word to Axl:  To thine own self be true.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #262 on: December 30, 2015, 12:30:04 AM »

25 stadiums seems a bit ambitious, no? Am I underestimating how big this could be? I'd expect a pretty big opening act to join on. Exciting times nonetheless!

Considering everybody's always (well for the last decades) been saying how huge a reunion would be, it makes sense.

Also, it says it would be in the summer. GN'R hasn't done a summer tour of the USA since, 1992? I suspect casual rock fans are more likely to go to a big rock show in the summer than say the darkest time of the year?

/jarmo

I always contended that a reunion wouldn't be as big a deal as some made it out to be. It looks like I may very likely be proven wrong, and happily at that.  ok

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #263 on: December 30, 2015, 12:35:40 AM »

For argument sake:
What if it turns out to be something like say a former manager who previously tried to "force" a reunion; who also has the $$ backup to run a movie ad campaign such as this from his Clear Channel business and other endeavors; who also has connections at Billboard ... what if all of this was to once again "force" a reunion?  Wouldn't it be prudent of Axl (or whomever) to just let the Coachella line-up day announcement come and go and then "leak" the proof that this reunion stuff was all fabricated by this ex-manager.

And then give the fans CD II with a free tee with that logo from gnr.com.

Again, just for argument sake. 

But that bit in bold?  He so rarely does that.

Believe me, I have made this same argument about him many, many, many times.  It's maddening.

A guy who always claims he's lied to and fucked over...but then never has any details.  And it ain't like he's got a great reputation as Johnny Highroad.

This was what I could never get.  Why this never happened as much as it probably could have.

Interviewer : "What happened with <insert topic here>?  How did that go so wrong?"

Axl : "Oh, what a total fucking mess that all was.  Listen to this.  Here is what they did..."

And from there, give your side.  If what you are saying is true about you being fucked how does it not help you to get that out there?  Why let people lie about you, as you are claiming they are doing?  Might even rally people to your side.

So, to make a long story short (too late) I don't think what you are describing will happen because its just generally not how Axl rolls.  Letting someone hang themselves, and then come out of nowhere and drop some facts that crush them

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #264 on: December 30, 2015, 12:37:42 AM »

You do believe Slash might be back?

I think we will see Axl and Slash share the stage together ya. Hopefully. Then they split and go back to doing their things again. Realisticly.

Why let people lie about you, as you are claiming they are doing?

What can u do?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:51:12 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #265 on: December 30, 2015, 12:48:18 AM »

So, to make a long story short (too late) I don't think what you are describing will happen because its just generally not how Axl rolls.  Letting someone hang themselves, and then come out of nowhere and drop some facts that crush them

You're probably right.  Like I said before, as GNR fans we know it would be an exercise in futility to try and figure out what and why anything is or isn't going on.

I was actually more addressing your assertions about the money spent on movie ads and an article on a magazine website that there could only be one outcome.  For argument sake only, I was attempting to show there possibly could be other forces at work here.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #266 on: December 30, 2015, 12:49:31 AM »

I was actually more addressing your assertions about the money spent on movie ads and an article on a magazine website that there could only be one outcome.  For argument sake only, I was attempting to show there possibly could be other forces at work here.

Pretty big ticket coercion move there though.

And Slash and Duff wouldn't let themselves be used like that.  Unless they were the ones behind it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
patmac54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: December 30, 2015, 12:56:34 AM »

Been a long time since being this excited...cautious optimism as always!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #268 on: December 30, 2015, 01:00:10 AM »

I feel for the people that grew up with CD Era GnR like I grew up with Classic Era GnR. For them this is what 1994-1997 was like for me just condensed into the time period between DJ announcing his departure until today (just a few months). I can see why they are fighting this and standing like Baghdad Bob yelling 'nothing to see here' while the buildings around him smolder.

But how could they have that same connection?

We followed them for 5 solid years they were probably the biggest band in the world.

What did anyone that followed the CD band have that was anything near that?
Rock music was at its peak just about when Guns was. It's hard to compare anything in the modern day rock world to anything experienced in the 80's, 90's, and prior. For people who became interested in GNR during the CD era, that's what they knew best and cared about. I'm not sure why you can't accept that.

I still can't really believe this is seemingly about to go down. I don't think it's truly set in yet. If they pop up on Kimmel next week though, I think that'd be enough to tip the scales for me.  peace

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #269 on: December 30, 2015, 01:06:33 AM »

If the announcement goes down next week for Coachella which seems likely, i feel bad for Jarmo. This place will go completely nuts. I wouldn't be shocked if we bring the site down with all the traffic. It's gotten slow at times during setlist reports during tours with the new GNR lineup. If the Coachella announcement happens with the original lineup or most of it at least. Watch out. Jarmo will need all the luck he can get keeping HTGTH online.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #270 on: December 30, 2015, 01:18:11 AM »

Rock music was at its peak just about when Guns was. It's hard to compare anything in the modern day rock world to anything experienced in the 80's, 90's, and prior. For people who became interested in GNR during the CD era, that's what they knew best and cared about. I'm not sure why you can't accept that.

Perhaps I am phrasing this inartfully.

I suppose, at the base, what I'm saying is that it was WAY harder for us to get over the classic band, right?  We had to give up after a magical run most bands only dream about, and then cast our lot with god knows who.

The CD era fans never had a stable band anyway.  But with whatever they had now being gone, I would think it an easier transition for them seeing "their guys" replaced with people with the pedigree of Slash and Duff.  But in terms of O.G. GNR cred, as well as cred in the industry, just in in general.

Is any of this making sense?

overmatik
« Reply #271 on: December 30, 2015, 01:40:22 AM »

SKID ROW Splits With Singer TONY HARNELL

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/skid-row-splits-with-singer-tony-harnell/#arWOVFiqDcK78HpK.99

I wonder who's opening Guns N' Roses reunion tour...  Roll Eyes
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #272 on: December 30, 2015, 01:58:22 AM »

SKID ROW Splits With Singer TONY HARNELL

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/skid-row-splits-with-singer-tony-harnell/#arWOVFiqDcK78HpK.99

I wonder who's opening Guns N' Roses reunion tour...  Roll Eyes

I seen the same report via Blabbermouth , and thought the same exact thing .....wow......18 n life.
Exciting times.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #273 on: December 30, 2015, 02:11:12 AM »

I think it's important for disillusioned C.D. era fans to remember we're not getting a reunion in place of CD2. That had almost a decade to come out. We are in all likelihood getting a reunion in place of not getting anything.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #274 on: December 30, 2015, 02:58:40 AM »

I feel for the people that grew up with CD Era GnR like I grew up with Classic Era GnR. For them this is what 1994-1997 was like for me just condensed into the time period between DJ announcing his departure until today (just a few months). I can see why they are fighting this and standing like Baghdad Bob yelling 'nothing to see here' while the buildings around him smolder.

But how could they have that same connection?

We followed them for 5 solid years they were probably the biggest band in the world.

What did anyone that followed the CD band have that was anything near that?

I still can't really believe this is seemingly about to go down. I don't think it's truly set in yet. If they pop up on Kimmel next week though, I think that'd be enough to tip the scales for me.  peace

It is not just the 'oldgnrfans' vs the newgnr-fans'. Many (inc me and Jarmo) got re-intrested in gnr in 99 and/or after rio3.

Has it been anti-climatic for the reintrested fans and newgnr-fans (those who first got into/mostly like gnr post-99) compared to oldgnr? mhm Lips Sealed  duh Tongue
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 03:02:10 AM by norway » Logged

overmatik
« Reply #275 on: December 30, 2015, 03:32:10 AM »

Mitch Lafon has just posted this on his Facebook page:

"I highly recommend setting your DVRs to record Jimmy Kimmel next week."

https://www.facebook.com/OneOnOneMitchLafon/?fref=nf
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #276 on: December 30, 2015, 03:41:30 AM »

Axl and Slash gonna play there hm

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #277 on: December 30, 2015, 03:55:05 AM »

I think it's important for disillusioned C.D. era fans to remember we're not getting a reunion in place of CD2. That had almost a decade to come out. We are in all likelihood getting a reunion in place of not getting anything.

I think that's how CD fans should approach it too.
We have spoken and argued about this many times as to whether CD2 was ever seriously going to be released (I think that the time frame for believing in that project had long since passed anyway but once BBF and finally DJ walked, anyone who held onto that notion of it being released was in delusion.

Just my opinion of course but I think CD era just got well and truly buried!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #278 on: December 30, 2015, 04:18:50 AM »

Mitch Lafon has just posted this on his Facebook page:

"I highly recommend setting your DVRs to record Jimmy Kimmel next week."

https://www.facebook.com/OneOnOneMitchLafon/?fref=nf
Looks like he deleted it. Maybe he jumped the gun.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #279 on: December 30, 2015, 04:28:15 AM »

His tweets are still there... Wink

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: