Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:59:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 141716 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #220 on: December 29, 2015, 10:05:09 PM »

Gilette and MetLife would be givens. I can do either...maybe both. That pricing would be the only killer.

As far as I know, there's more than 25 football teams?
So which ones wouldn't get a show?

LA has no NFL team....

jarmo

There are 32 teams and the NY teams share a stadium.  Green Bay wont get a show, too small of a metropolitan area.  They won't be limited to just football stadiums. The craze the last few years has been a "summer concert series" in baseball stadiums and college football stadiums.  For example, Target Field is a baseball stadium in Minnesota that for about five straight years has hosted a country concert that sells out.  Half the people that go to those just like to post a facebook status to say they are watching an outdoor concert at a cool baseball stadium.

Fenway and Wrigley have been doing that for years too... the issue is they are going to pretty much sell out anything you put their stage in, so why limit it. A football stadium will have better viewing angles and more seats (counting the field) plus typically (not always) there are more luxury boxes and high end club seats in an NFL stadium. Cowboys Stadium for example could seat over 100,000 people with tons of luxury box seats, plus parking is much better at a Football Stadium than a baseball park (for the most part Yankees Stadium being an outlier). Even the very large college stadiums (like Tennesse, Michigan, Ohio State etc... will lose luxury box revenue that the average newer NFL stadium can give you.

Jarmo...you are going to fund the htgth all star luxury box tour, right? :p

My company (for the time being) has the naming rights for the luxury box level at Gillette Stadium, and I got a handful of tickets for the AC/DC, Taylor Swift, and Country Fest shows there this summer. I'll get us the box, if Jarmo can get us back stage.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #221 on: December 29, 2015, 10:10:56 PM »

Rolling Stone were on the ball through the summer and up until November regarding the reunion rumors. All of December, the movie teaser and now this Billboard article... not a word.

Again, just saying.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #222 on: December 29, 2015, 10:16:08 PM »

Too bad Kimmel isnt on CBS so that they could advertise the hell out of the performance and then play the Monday or Tuesday after the Superbowl.

Kimmel has been good to Axl and Slash in the past, plus he launched the recent Van Halen tour with a 5 or 6 song show.
ben9785
« Reply #223 on: December 29, 2015, 10:21:25 PM »

Anticipation is building a little now after reading the Kimmel tweets.

I don't think they would debut a reunion on late night TV though, would they? Wouldn't it undermine Coachella's investment? Also, isn't this just too big a deal for their comeback performance to be on a late night TV show? An interview, sure - even that would be a major deal for Kimmel.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #224 on: December 29, 2015, 10:23:48 PM »

I don't think they would debut a reunion on late night TV though, would they? Wouldn't it undermine Coachella's investment? Also, isn't this just too big a deal for their comeback performance to be on a late night TV show? An interview, sure - even that would be a major deal for Kimmel.

I don't think so either. Interviews is more likely yes.

Sweetness is a virtue
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #225 on: December 29, 2015, 10:24:29 PM »

Gilette and MetLife would be givens. I can do either...maybe both. That pricing would be the only killer.

As far as I know, there's more than 25 football teams?
So which ones wouldn't get a show?

LA has no NFL team....

jarmo

There are 32 teams and the NY teams share a stadium.  Green Bay wont get a show, too small of a metropolitan area.  They won't be limited to just football stadiums. The craze the last few years has been a "summer concert series" in baseball stadiums and college football stadiums.  For example, Target Field is a baseball stadium in Minnesota that for about five straight years has hosted a country concert that sells out.  Half the people that go to those just like to post a facebook status to say they are watching an outdoor concert at a cool baseball stadium.

Fenway and Wrigley have been doing that for years too... the issue is they are going to pretty much sell out anything you put their stage in, so why limit it. A football stadium will have better viewing angles and more seats (counting the field) plus typically (not always) there are more luxury boxes and high end club seats in an NFL stadium. Cowboys Stadium for example could seat over 100,000 people with tons of luxury box seats, plus parking is much better at a Football Stadium than a baseball park (for the most part Yankees Stadium being an outlier). Even the very large college stadiums (like Tennesse, Michigan, Ohio State etc... will lose luxury box revenue that the average newer NFL stadium can give you.

I like that idea peace beer  Cheesy

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #226 on: December 29, 2015, 10:26:13 PM »

I like that idea peace beer  Cheesy

How many will fit in that box?   Cheesy

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #227 on: December 29, 2015, 10:26:36 PM »

Yeah, I know. But the way you phrased it I took it as "they are to blame".

"Thanks to..."

Sorry if that wasn't your intention.

My bad.  It was not my intention to place blame.

As with most things GNR, it would be an exercise in futility to try to figure out (if true) what brought all this about.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #228 on: December 29, 2015, 10:27:44 PM »

I don't think they would debut a reunion on late night TV though, would they? Wouldn't it undermine Coachella's investment? Also, isn't this just too big a deal for their comeback performance to be on a late night TV show? An interview, sure.

Actually depending on the creative control the band is given they could agree to answer questions the day after the announcement on the show, plus because the show isn't live they could perform a song or two and get the final say as to if it airs or not. Kimmel could back fill if needed with a Standup.

There were warmups before RIR 3, can't expect the first live show to be in front of a Coachella crowd.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #229 on: December 29, 2015, 10:32:01 PM »

I don't think they would debut a reunion on late night TV though, would they? Wouldn't it undermine Coachella's investment? Also, isn't this just too big a deal for their comeback performance to be on a late night TV show? An interview, sure.

Actually depending on the creative control the band is given they could agree to answer questions the day after the announcement on the show, plus because the show isn't live they could perform a song or two and get the final say as to if it airs or not. Kimmel could back fill if needed with a Standup.

There were warmups before RIR 3, can't expect the first live show to be in front of a Coachella crowd.

I would expect a couple secret smaller warm up shows in LA
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #230 on: December 29, 2015, 10:32:14 PM »

For me, bittersweet.
My focus is new music
These rumors distract.

But I am surprised
At how happy these maybes
Have made my soul feel.

Still want new music
But my spirit remembers
SoFla, New Year's Eve

Rang in the New Year
In what was then Joe Robbie
Old Guns at the helm

So given the choice
I'd still go with CD II
Over old lineup

Yet, soul rejoices
Since a beloved past MIGHT
Come 'round full circle.

Blessed conundrum
I let myself move forward
Enjoying old; new.

Splash
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #231 on: December 29, 2015, 10:36:13 PM »

how happy and weird will it be for Slash to freely and joyfully talk about GnR again

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ben9785
« Reply #232 on: December 29, 2015, 10:36:45 PM »

Oh, I'm sure there will be a warm up or preview, but probably a private show rather than a late night TV performance? Just my thoughts anyway.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #233 on: December 29, 2015, 10:38:33 PM »

how happy and weird will it be for Slash to freely and joyfully talk about GnR again

Absolutely.

Imagine the biggest thing you've ever done, and you have to downplay it and tell interviewers not to bring it up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #234 on: December 29, 2015, 10:43:32 PM »

Imagine the biggest thing you've ever done, and you have to downplay it and tell interviewers not to bring it up.

Didn't he bring that situation upon himself?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #235 on: December 29, 2015, 10:45:48 PM »

why even go there?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #236 on: December 29, 2015, 10:48:26 PM »

Wow, I've not logged in, in a long time!!!!!

I remember j00 ^^

I think its legit.

I think it's bogus. Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #237 on: December 29, 2015, 10:48:43 PM »

why even go there?

Two reasons:  1. Because you brought it up.  2.  Because it's true.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #238 on: December 29, 2015, 10:49:28 PM »

For me, bittersweet.
My focus is new music
These rumors distract.

But I am surprised
At how happy these maybes
Have made my soul feel.

Still want new music
But my spirit remembers
SoFla, New Year's Eve

Rang in the New Year
In what was then Joe Robbie
Old Guns at the helm

So given the choice
I'd still go with CD II
Over old lineup

Yet, soul rejoices
Since a beloved past MIGHT
Come 'round full circle.

Blessed conundrum
I let myself move forward
Enjoying old; new.

Splash
/Mike

awesome

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
leagnr
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #239 on: December 29, 2015, 10:52:29 PM »

fingers crossed!!

vamooooo los pibesss!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: