Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:41:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 141705 times)
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2015, 09:45:19 PM »

Checking in for the first time since 2007 to say that I'm pumped! This is what we've been waiting for people! Our boys are back, the war is over (for now). Though, if I've learned one thing for sure about GNR...it's that nothing's for sure. Hope to see you fellas (and lovely ladies) around!

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2015, 09:45:49 PM »

Gilette and MetLife would be givens. I can do either...maybe both. That pricing would be the only killer.

As far as I know, there's more than 25 football teams?
So which ones wouldn't get a show?

LA has no NFL team....

jarmo

There are 32 teams and the NY teams share a stadium.  Green Bay wont get a show, too small of a metropolitan area.  They won't be limited to just football stadiums. The craze the last few years has been a "summer concert series" in baseball stadiums and college football stadiums.  For example, Target Field is a baseball stadium in Minnesota that for about five straight years has hosted a country concert that sells out.  Half the people that go to those just like to post a facebook status to say they are watching an outdoor concert at a cool baseball stadium.

The only reason i think gb has a sot is they can draw from the states west of them, which are going to be "thin" in terms of shows, if there are only 25. The metro area is small, but they could be a " release valve" to get coverage of those other markets.

But no way kansas city gets a show, or houston AND new orleans. Or buffalo. Or san fran AND oakland. And prolly not san diego, if they do a show in la....even though its a 4 hour drive.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:47:53 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2015, 09:47:56 PM »

Gilette and MetLife would be givens. I can do either...maybe both. That pricing would be the only killer.

LA has no NFL team....

/jarmo

LA does have the Colosseum still standing, and may be in use as early as next year temporarily if The Chargers and or Rams get the OK to move.

There are 32 teams, 2 play at the same stadium in NY so that drops to 31. There are a few teams that are in close enough proximity to potentially cancel one or two out.
For example:
Houston and New Orleans are not that far apart, and Dallas will get a show in Texas, so Houston could get bounced.
There are 3 teams in FL (Miami, Tampa, and Jacksonville)... due to it's proximity to Georgia I could see Jacksonville getting left out.
St Louis is close to Chicago... plus you have Kansas City MO with Arrowhead Stadium, so one of those 2 could be dropped.
Oakland and San Fran are just across the bay from each other, plus the San Fran stadium is now in Santa Clara which is not really a major metropolitan area, so Oakland could get it.

That got it down to 27.

If LA gets one, and San Diego could be dropped (26)

There are a few more like that... Baltimore and Washington are close enough to cancel one out... Also they skipped Cincinatti in 1992 so that could drop off

That gets you to 25 on the nose.

Foxboro MA, Buffalo NY, NY NY, Philly, Pitts, Cleveland, Washington DC, Charlotte NC, Atlanta GA, Tampa FL, Miami FL, Nashville, New Orleans, Indianpolis, Detroit, Chicago, Minneapolis,  Green Bay, Denver, Dallas, Kansas City, Arizona, LA, Oakland, Seattle
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #203 on: December 29, 2015, 09:48:16 PM »

It has been a very long time but I am very glad to be home

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Baz Rose
Rocker

I'll kick your ass like I said that I would...

« Reply #204 on: December 29, 2015, 09:48:33 PM »

I was just wondering... Am I the only GNR fan who doesn't really give a shit about this?

I mean, I can understand the anxiety and fans wanting this to happen, specially those who didn't see the old lineup performing live... But I got used to things the way they were.

I liked Axl's Chinese Democracy, the musicians from the new lineup have been fantastic. I liked Slash's projects (in spite of that Slaughtered-Sheep fucker Myles Kennedy), Duff's Loaded, Izzy's music, Adler's stuff, VR, etc...

1992-12-02, Santiago
2010-03-20, Santiago
2011-10-05, Santiago
2016-10-29, Santiago
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #205 on: December 29, 2015, 09:50:20 PM »

This is really great news... y drool thinking about a new axl+slash tune... please guys just gift us one more

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2015, 09:50:30 PM »

This is so intense... the range of emotions are insane.

104.3 played Heavens Door and Dont Cry about an hour ago and Carol Miller talked about Coachella...I literally screamed in the car.

I am so jacked up... reading everybody's thoughts tonight is really just so much fun for me.

On MyGNR they are talking about them being on Kimmel next week? Maybe?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #207 on: December 29, 2015, 09:50:51 PM »

I was just wondering... Am I the only GNR fan who doesn't really give a shit about this?

Looking at everyone's reaction... yes.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #208 on: December 29, 2015, 09:52:32 PM »

I mean, I can understand the anxiety and fans wanting this to happen, specially those who didn't see the old lineup performing live... But I got used to things the way they were.

I liked Axl's Chinese Democracy, the musicians from the new lineup have been fantastic. I liked Slash's projects (in spite of that Slaughtered-Sheep fucker Myles Kennedy), Duff's Loaded, Izzy's music, Adler's stuff, VR, etc...

IMO all of those things you mentioned paled in comparison to what happened when Axl, Slash, Duff (and can't leave out Izzy) shared a stage, studio, and creative process. I think if the 2 new songs rumor is true, even if Izzy doesn't tour, he will help write and record those tracks.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #209 on: December 29, 2015, 09:53:05 PM »

This is so intense... the range of emotions are insane.

104.3 played Heavens Door and Dont Cry about an hour ago and Carol Miller talked about Coachella...I literally screamed in the car.

I am so jacked up... reading everybody's thoughts tonight is really just so much fun for me.

On MyGNR they are talking about them being on Kimmel next week? Maybe?

I posted the Mitch Lafon tweets related to that... not sure of the validity. He basically tweeted to Jimmy, sying "Do you know where you are Jimmy. Next week, right".

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2015, 09:53:34 PM »

But I got used to things the way they were.
Thanks to Ron and Dj, "the way they were" doesn't exist anymore either.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Baz Rose
Rocker

« Reply #211 on: December 29, 2015, 09:55:16 PM »

IMO all of those things you mentioned paled in comparison to what happened when Axl, Slash, Duff (and can't leave out Izzy) shared a stage, studio, and creative process. I think if the 2 new songs rumor is true, even if Izzy doesn't tour, he will help write and record those tracks.

We all know Izzy will do whatever he wants to do... Maybe he appears by surprise on some gigs, maybe not.

1992-12-02, Santiago
2010-03-20, Santiago
2011-10-05, Santiago
2016-10-29, Santiago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #212 on: December 29, 2015, 09:55:36 PM »

Now, we don't know if they quit because they knew this was going to happen, or completely on their own.

Sweetness is a virtue
Baz Rose
Rocker

« Reply #213 on: December 29, 2015, 09:56:38 PM »

Good point...

1992-12-02, Santiago
2010-03-20, Santiago
2011-10-05, Santiago
2016-10-29, Santiago
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #214 on: December 29, 2015, 09:57:44 PM »

Now, we don't know if they quit because they knew this was going to happen, or completely on their own.

Doesn't change the fact that that line-up doesn't exist anymore.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #215 on: December 29, 2015, 09:59:24 PM »

Doesn't change the fact that that line-up doesn't exist anymore.

Yeah, I know. But the way you phrased it I took it as "they are to blame".

"Thanks to..."

Sorry if that wasn't your intention.

Sweetness is a virtue
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #216 on: December 29, 2015, 10:00:43 PM »

LA has no NFL team....

jarmo

There are 32 teams and the NY teams share a stadium.  Green Bay wont get a show, too small of a metropolitan area.  They won't be limited to just football stadiums. The craze the last few years has been a "summer concert series" in baseball stadiums and college football stadiums.  For example, Target Field is a baseball stadium in Minnesota that for about five straight years has hosted a country concert that sells out.  Half the people that go to those just like to post a facebook status to say they are watching an outdoor concert at a cool baseball stadium.

Fenway and Wrigley have been doing that for years too... the issue is they are going to pretty much sell out anything you put their stage in, so why limit it. A football stadium will have better viewing angles and more seats (counting the field) plus typically (not always) there are more luxury boxes and high end club seats in an NFL stadium. Cowboys Stadium for example could seat over 100,000 people with tons of luxury box seats, plus parking is much better at a Football Stadium than a baseball park (for the most part Yankees Stadium being an outlier). Even the very large college stadiums (like Tennesse, Michigan, Ohio State etc... will lose luxury box revenue that the average newer NFL stadium can give you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #217 on: December 29, 2015, 10:02:53 PM »

LA has no NFL team....

jarmo

Fenway and Wrigley have been doing that for years too... the issue is they are going to pretty much sell out anything you put their stage in, so why limit it. A football stadium will have better viewing angles and more seats (counting the field) plus typically (not always) there are more luxury boxes and high end club seats in an NFL stadium. Cowboys Stadium for example could seat over 100,000 people with tons of luxury box seats, plus parking is much better at a Football Stadium than a baseball park (for the most part Yankees Stadium being an outlier). Even the very large college stadiums (like Tennesse, Michigan, Ohio State etc... will lose luxury box revenue that the average newer NFL stadium can give you.

Jarmo...you are going to fund the htgth all star luxury box tour, right? :p

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #218 on: December 29, 2015, 10:04:00 PM »

Because you were super gung-ho about it?  Or because it was that or nothing?

A muddy puddle looks like a hell of a deal when you are dying in the desert.  But you aren't scooping out it out by the cup if there is a water fountain there as well.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #219 on: December 29, 2015, 10:04:57 PM »

LA has no NFL team....

jarmo

Jarmo...you are going to fund the htgth all star luxury box tour, right? :p

beer Come through Jarmo!!

Too bad Kimmel isnt on CBS so that they could advertise the hell out of the performance and then play the Monday or Tuesday after the Superbowl.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:07:42 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: