Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:46:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 141710 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2015, 07:03:06 PM »

A friend of mine just asked Fortus about all of this and he replied (via facebook). But I won?t tell you hahahahahaha

He just spilled the beans?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2015, 07:03:21 PM »

pS - I think Dx and Jarmo should both admits they were wrong all these years about a reunion.  Man up.

Yeah, sure. If your happiness is dependent on that.
If I ever made claims that some things would never happen, and then they do, I'll admit to being wrong. I have no problem with that.

Atta guy.

Let's get this on a plaque.

Like Tim Tebow's "The Promise"

Go ahead. Put it next to the print out of the post where you're told you're wrong.

And that empty space on your wall reserved for the guitar pick. ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2015, 07:03:47 PM »

The happiness this gives me cannot be fully described.  I have been waiting for this since literally 1993 when the UYI tour stopped.  FINALLY MY BAND IS BACK.

Gonna be a lot of this, I reckon.

Let's not kill people for saying this.  Its too great a time right now, for all of us.

I'm just happy right now.

Sweetness is a virtue
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2015, 07:07:01 PM »

pS - I think Dx and Jarmo should both admits they were wrong all these years about a reunion.  Man up.

Yeah, sure. If your happiness is dependent on that.
If I ever made claims that some things would never happen, and then they do, I'll admit to being wrong. I have no problem with that.

Atta guy.

Let's get this on a plaque.

Like Tim Tebow's "The Promise"

Go ahead. Put it next to the print out of the post where you're told you're wrong.

/jarmo

too fucking funny...the next thing he will be wrong about is Slash playing on some Gnr tracks recorded during the Chinese sessions....big helping of crow awaits!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2015, 07:09:19 PM »

We were wrong, bro.  It's OK to say it out loud.

Our expression of that sentiment might have been different, but the main idea was the same.  Neither of us saw this likely.

I've never been so happy to be wrong.

Things might even be on the table with Rihanna and me now.  Who knows?  It's just a crazy time to be alive.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ben9785
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2015, 07:10:32 PM »

Well it was always possible despite what has been said in the past. No one is right or wrong for denying or supporting the likelihood of this - that's just the nature of life, things change, people change. A healthy financial return probably didn't hurt either - they are in the music business, after all.

I imagine Duff reconnecting with Axl would have played a big part in this, but I'll be interested to see what they have to say for themselves.

No matter what though, this won't negate the presence of the preceding lineups. They produced some pretty good songs, and I won't be complaining if some of those songs carry over to this impending lineup.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2015, 07:12:48 PM »

I wouldn't hold your breath Ben about them talking about the past....

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2015, 07:13:19 PM »

too fucking funny...the next thing he will be wrong about is Slash playing on some Gnr tracks recorded during the Chinese sessions....big helping of crow awaits!

And I'll cop to being wrong about that too!  

Look, you have strong opinions, its a zero sum game.  There are times you spike the football when you nailed it, and times you just gotta shrug and take the loss when you got it wrong.

Some people will deny themselves the former because they can't bear to publically do the latter, so they have no opinions.  Its all wishy washy.  No conviction.  

Not me, man.  I either called it outright, or I eat shit.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2015, 07:13:41 PM »

Well, well, well.  Exciting stuff  Cool  Hoping to see the world's greatest rock and roll circus roll around Europe (Hampden Park if they do Scotland, I would imagine - otherwise I may have to head to England to see them).

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2015, 07:14:19 PM »

Man...i'm here imagining reunited Skid Row opening up for reunited GNR in Giants Stadium or whatever....c'mon if Axl/Slash made up , Sebastian / Bolan surely can too!!  beer

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
alexander
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2015, 07:14:44 PM »

Well ive been to the Coachella web site and there is ZERO mention of GNR!!!???
ben9785
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2015, 07:14:59 PM »

I wouldn't hold your breath Ben about them talking about the past....

Not so much the past, more about the present and coming back together.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2015, 07:15:38 PM »

D-Gen, they have plenty of time to put a few songs together and tons of material to work with....that's the good thing.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2015, 07:15:46 PM »

I imagine Duff reconnecting with Axl would have played a big part in this, but I'll be interested to see what they have to say for themselves.

I agree. Considering how level headed Duff is these days, I can imagine he had a good talk with Axl.

Not that Axl was ever difficult, we don't know what issues he had with Slash. But I think Duff might have helped put things right.

Sweetness is a virtue
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2015, 07:16:19 PM »

As much as i'd like to be exited, im not. Someone posted earlier that his favorite band is back. Well, for me it feels like my favorite band just died. I guess it just me...

Anyway im happy for fellow posters here that are over the moon right now.
For me, i can only hope to be positively surprised by what is to come. peace

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2015, 07:16:50 PM »

Well ive been to the Coachella web site and there is ZERO mention of GNR!!!???

There's zero mention of anyone I think. Look out for the announcement of the line-up.

Sweetness is a virtue
ben9785
« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2015, 07:18:20 PM »

I agree. Considering how level headed Duff is these days, I can imagine he had a good talk with Axl.

Not that Axl was ever difficult, we don't know what issues he had with Slash. But I think Duff might have helped put things right.

That's right. I don't think anyone can ever know exactly what happened except the two of them, and to be honest even if they both spoke about it on record tomorrow, you still might not have the complete picture simply because of the amount of time that has passed.

As much as i'd like to be exited, im not. Someone posted earlier that his favorite band is back. Well, for me it feels like my favorite band just died. I guess it just me...

Well everyone's entitled to their opinion. I'll be honest and say I was, and still would be very interested in hearing more of the material from the 2002/2006 lineup. Somewhere, somehow, I hope that will appear.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 07:20:20 PM by ben85 » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2015, 07:19:44 PM »

Anyway im happy for fellow posters here that are over the moon right now.
For me, i can only hope to be positively surprised by what is to come. peace

I'll have to comment on this..

I'm with you in the sense that I really hope we'll still get to hear the new material recorded by any (we don't know which) post-1996 line-up. I sincerely hope that CD 2 isn't lost in this.

Sweetness is a virtue
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2015, 07:22:44 PM »

That's right. I don't think anyone can ever know exactly what happened except the two of them, and to be honest even if they both spoke about it on record tomorrow, you still might not have the complete picture simply because of the amount of time that has passed.

Well everyone's entitled to their opinion. I'll be honest and say I was, and still would be very interested in hearing more of the material from the 2002/2006 lineup. Somewhere, somehow, I hope that will appear.

I'm 100% sure that Duff played a major role on this...they fucking spent over a month touring last year right? Its impossible to imagine they havent talked about Slash...Duff was the link for a phone call maybe!!!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2015, 07:26:54 PM »

Reflecting on the perpetual division among fans on here (particularly during the early/mid 2000s), it's great to see near-universal positivity today.  peace
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: