Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 08:35:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 142166 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #500 on: December 31, 2015, 11:17:29 PM »

^ (comas post) woah, no way! thats unreal. hed really have to be pathetic to make something like that up.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #501 on: December 31, 2015, 11:27:14 PM »

We might see that material, in some form, or some of it, anyway...but i don't think he's using the reportedly finished version of the tracks he has right now. I think, whatever part of it ends up on the next gnr album, shows up after slash, duff, and maybe izzy have put their spin on it.

Again, thogh, different discussion for another thread.

I think you are spot on, from 2000-2008 he made several changes and multiple people put their hands on Chinese Democracy. At this point depending on how the rumored 2 tracks went (or are going) maybe he gets Slash, Duff, and Izzy's take on the unreleased and maybe even some of the songs we've already heard. Plus if there is any chance they are played live, Axl could try to go the route he did with the early CD Era lineup when he re-recorded Appetite.

Who knows, but there are so many possibilities with this reunion...

What two tracks?

There is a rumor that they have worked on or are working on 2 new tracks with this reformed lineup. There was a facebook post from some Swedish studio engineer (might have his role wrong) where he posted 2 pictures and a caption saying he was working with Guns N Roses, him in a recording environment with Richard (who was playing an acoustic guitar) and a second of him sitting at a table with Slash (which looks like it was taken at a small Christmas party... in the Slash picture there is a guy just cropped out on the right side of the picture with a tattoo sleeve but his arm is all you see... Could it have been Richard???

Cool, hope so

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #502 on: December 31, 2015, 11:38:34 PM »

Was going to start a thread titled "what's the chances they've been working on songs together in the studio" but didn't want to get ahead of myself

So many questions to be answered, so much going on

2016 is the year Gn'r fans have been waiting for
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #503 on: December 31, 2015, 11:40:54 PM »

We might see that material, in some form, or some of it, anyway...but i don't think he's using the reportedly finished version of the tracks he has right now. I think, whatever part of it ends up on the next gnr album, shows up after slash, duff, and maybe izzy have put their spin on it.

Again, thogh, different discussion for another thread.

I think you are spot on, from 2000-2008 he made several changes and multiple people put their hands on Chinese Democracy. At this point depending on how the rumored 2 tracks went (or are going) maybe he gets Slash, Duff, and Izzy's take on the unreleased and maybe even some of the songs we've already heard. Plus if there is any chance they are played live, Axl could try to go the route he did with the early CD Era lineup when he re-recorded Appetite.

Who knows, but there are so many possibilities with this reunion...

What two tracks?

There is a rumor that they have worked on or are working on 2 new tracks with this reformed lineup. There was a facebook post from some Swedish studio engineer (might have his role wrong) where he posted 2 pictures and a caption saying he was working with Guns N Roses, him in a recording environment with Richard (who was playing an acoustic guitar) and a second of him sitting at a table with Slash (which looks like it was taken at a small Christmas party... in the Slash picture there is a guy just cropped out on the right side of the picture with a tattoo sleeve but his arm is all you see... Could it have been Richard???

Cool, hope so

If this is true

If they actually have a couple of new songs.   Already done!!!!

Damn

I give everyone a ton of credit.   How the hell they could keep all this secret...  Very impressive
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #504 on: December 31, 2015, 11:51:20 PM »

You've got major press outlets reporting that this is happening. They are using the word confirmed.

Yes, and?

So, yeah...i think, at this point,you're bascally in denial.

fair enough

If you think that axl, slash, and duff....and thats the current configuration we are talking about in this thread..aren't planning to be sharing the stage at Coachella...I don't know what to tell you, man. You are going to have a very tough time convincing anyone your position is "right",

ccl about convincing any1, just saying what I think.

And we've covered the fact that i think your interpretation of tommys comments are incorrect.

You don't think he 'of course' would consider joining modern gnr should they get back together?

Tommy: 'I didn't quit the band, we all just sort of left after vegas'. He is listed as a gnr-member unlike dj and BF. You think reunion-rumours (after slash-interview) might played a role in the 'tommy is out'?

Kimmel is confirmed by multiple outlets as well.

Has JKL or TB confirmed it or is it just a hot topic/rumour at this point?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:25:30 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #505 on: January 01, 2016, 12:19:32 AM »

You've got major press outlets reporting that this is happening. They are using the word confirmed.

Yes, and?

So, yeah...i think, at this point,you're bascally in denial.

fair enough

If you think that axl, slash, and duff....and thats the current configuration we are talking about in this thread..aren't planning to be sharing the stage at Coachella...I don't know what to tell you, man. You are going to have a very tough time convincing anyone your position is "right",

ccl about convincing any1, just saying what I think.

And we've covered the fact that i think your interpretation of tommys comments are incorrect.

You don't think he 'of course' would consider joining modern gnr should they get back together?

Kimmel is confirmed by multiple outlets as well.

Has JKL or TB confirmed it or is it just a hot topic/rumour at this point?

And....reputable  press outlets, like the ny times, don't all get independent confirmation, cite it in their article, and go to press unless they are sure of their source and material

I think what tommy meant was he would, if asked, think about it...as in...yes, i would think about it. Not yes he would lean toward rejoining, if asked. And i think his phrasing was very deliberate....because no, he probably woukd not decide to rejoin gnr, given what he knew at the time.  You interpret the "of course" to mean hs answer would he yes. I believe that interpretation...and it could be a language barrier...is not correct.

Again, multiple press outlets have confirmed the kimmel appearance. Kimmels show descriptions and guest list usually come out Saturday, for the coming week. It is more than rumor, but not officially announced. If you want to hold out for the official announcement, or the actual appearance (or hope that one doesn't come) before acknowledging it, great. I'd say, again, denial. The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.

At this point, for you, i guess there's nothing to really do but wait til next week and watch it all play out. Theres not much point in dicussing the topic with you, further, given your staunch hold on your opinion.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:22:40 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #506 on: January 01, 2016, 12:44:58 AM »

Edited my post and added this:

Tommy: 'I didn't quit the band, we all just sort of left after vegas'. He is listed as a gnr-member unlike dj and BF.

You think reunion-topic (after slash-interview) might played a role in 'tommy is out'?

And....reputable  press outlets, like the ny times, don't all get independent confirmation, cite it in their article, and go to press unless they are sure of their source and material

Ok NYT and RT then? What did they provide that was new to the table? Whats their source?

I think what tommy meant was he would, if asked, think about it...as in...yes, i would think about it. Not yes he would lean toward rejoining, if asked. And i think his phrasing was very deliberate....because no, he probably woukd not decide to rejoin gnr, given what he knew at the time.  You interpret the "of course" to mean hs answer would he yes. I believe that interpretation...and it could be a language barrier...is not correct.

Why is he still official member?

Why has he unofficially quit (or gotten unofficially fired) unlike the rest who 'left after vegas'?

Again, multiple press outlets have confirmed the kimmel appearance.

Source?

It is more than rumor, but not officially announced.

Ok, you think it is more than a rumour but it is infact possible that it's bogus too?

If you want to hold out for the official announcement, or the actual appearance (or hope that one doesn't come) before acknowledging it, great.

Dude, I just think it's gossip, wishfull thinking and lame clickbait/promo.

At this point, for you, i guess there's nothing to really do but wait til next week and watch it all play out. Theres not much point in dicussing the topic with you, further, given your staunch hold on your opinion.

Now u resort to discussing me as a poster? How about discussing facts?

Tommy is still offically a bandmember.
CD2 is on the horizon.
No Axl listed on JKL/No confirmation by TB nor JKL.
Coachellla (nor TB) has not confirmed that a reunited version of gnr will headline the product they are selling.

It's also a 15 YO trackrecord here with Axl that makes me question this.

These are some facts that make me doubt the legitmacy of these 'unconfirmed/unofficial reports'. Imo I am not the one being staunch.

Edit:
I miss Buckethead and if Axl gonna keep doing classic rock he might as well do it with the afd-guys/hybrid. It's not that. 

« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:55:55 AM by norway » Logged

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #507 on: January 01, 2016, 01:35:45 AM »

Source?

The way publications like the New York Times and Billboard work is they receive information (a call, and email, etc...) they gather the info they are given then they vet the source... they write their piece with that info then it is given to a fact checker... they contact the source and further research it's validity. If the source asked to remain 'confidential' they are protected by the journalist because they want their trust, they want to be the outlet for the next story.

"Billboard's confirmation via insiders comes..."
This is them reporting on the info given to them by their vetted source.

"Representatives for the band, as well as Coachella producer Paul Tollett and agent Ken Fermaglich at United Talent Agency, could not be reached for comment. Executives at AEG, which will operate the new Vegas arena, also did not immediately respond to a request for comment."
This is them protecting their source.

Welcome to PR 101... we want to make a public announcement, but we need to leak info to the press to drum up interest in our public announcement.

If the Kimmel appearance wasn't leaked ahead of time to major publications do you think as many people would tune in? I for one barely watch ABC so I almost never see his promo's... I barely watch the show (I am a Jimmy Fallon fan)... and if I'm a casual music fan who isn't trolling HTGTH and MyGnRForum to just name a few, how would I know Axl was going to be on a show I don't watch on a channel I don't watch... BUT If I know he's going to be there announcing a Reunion and there is a possibility he could be sitting on a couch in the same room as Slash because I read it in Billboard, The NYT, or Rolling Stone, I'm more likely to watch.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 01:42:19 AM by C0ma » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #508 on: January 01, 2016, 01:43:07 AM »

Here's the LA Weekly article... They have confirmed with their own sources.

GUNS N' ROSES ARE PLAYING COACHELLA, BUT WHICH MEMBERS WILL BE THERE?

BY ART TAVANATUESDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2015 | 2 DAYS AGO

Today, Billboard went ahead and announced what sources have been claiming since August: that Guns N' Roses ? or, at least, Slash and Axl Rose ? will reunite at Coachella 2016. Our sources confirmed this piece of news, as well, and an official statement is expected in the first week of January.

For now, there's no news on whether Duff McKagan or Steven Adler, who aren't speaking to media, will be a part of the reunion ? though some outlets are saying McKagan is part of it. Sources have told L.A. Weekly for months that Izzy Stradlin, the man former GNR manager Alan Niven once described as the "heart and soul" of the band, will definitely not be a part of the reunion. Matt Sorum, who replaced Adler on drums in 1990, also has been dodging reporters but is rumored to be on board.

Billboard is reporting the band will play as many as 25 stadium shows on a tour with an asking price of $3 million per show (tickets could go as high as $275). Billboard's sources do not include members of the band or their attorneys, who have yet to provide an official statement, but our sources (including a former music industry executive) say the news will be confirmed next week. Stay tuned for more.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/guns-n-roses-are-playing-coachella-but-which-members-will-be-there-6428896

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #509 on: January 01, 2016, 01:57:49 AM »

axl just pretty much verified norways stance (partially) in that he said nothing was confirmed yet on twitter. what a plot twist!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 02:00:22 AM by rj seitz » Logged

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #510 on: January 01, 2016, 02:03:23 AM »

axl just pretty much verified norways stance (partially) in that he said nothing was confirmed yet on twitter. what a plot twist!

I read it more as his sense of humor.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #511 on: January 01, 2016, 02:05:22 AM »

you could be right. im not good at figuring this kind of thing out, so ill just go with "who knows".

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #512 on: January 01, 2016, 02:08:46 AM »

I think it's pretty clear he's just fucking with us with a little humor about the whole thing.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #513 on: January 01, 2016, 02:11:32 AM »

including the taco bell bit does make it come off as more jokey.

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #514 on: January 01, 2016, 02:40:58 AM »

Source?

The way publications like the New York Times and Billboard work is they receive information (a call, and email, etc...) they gather the info they are given then they vet the source... they write their piece with that info then it is given to a fact checker... they contact the source and further research it's validity. If the source asked to remain 'confidential' they are protected by the journalist because they want their trust, they want to be the outlet for the next story.

"Billboard's confirmation via insiders comes..."
This is them reporting on the info given to them by their vetted source.

"Representatives for the band, as well as Coachella producer Paul Tollett and agent Ken Fermaglich at United Talent Agency, could not be reached for comment. Executives at AEG, which will operate the new Vegas arena, also did not immediately respond to a request for comment."
This is them protecting their source.

Welcome to PR 101... we want to make a public announcement, but we need to leak info to the press to drum up interest in our public announcement.

If the Kimmel appearance wasn't leaked ahead of time to major publications do you think as many people would tune in? I for one barely watch ABC so I almost never see his promo's... I barely watch the show (I am a Jimmy Fallon fan)... and if I'm a casual music fan who isn't trolling HTGTH and MyGnRForum to just name a few, how would I know Axl was going to be on a show I don't watch on a channel I don't watch... BUT If I know he's going to be there announcing a Reunion and there is a possibility he could be sitting on a couch in the same room as Slash because I read it in Billboard, The NYT, or Rolling Stone, I'm more likely to watch.

epic question-dodge hihi

Billboard's sources do not include members of the band or their attorneys, who have yet to provide an official statement, but our sources (including a former music industry executive) say the news will be confirmed next week. Stay tuned for more.

aaaand, for this u all gonna get a big fat...

LOL!

« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 02:56:08 AM by norway » Logged

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #515 on: January 01, 2016, 02:43:13 AM »

If you want a named source from trusted news outlets, that won't happen until there's an official announcement. The closest we got is LA Weekly naming one of their sources position in the business.

That's just how source protection works.

We're clearly getting nowhere with this back and forth, shouldn't we just leave this particular discussion for now. No one is clearly bowing out of this.

We'll know soon enough anyways. Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #516 on: January 01, 2016, 02:45:47 AM »

Ya, until then it's just rumours that some believe and others not.

Billboard went ahead and announced what sources have been claiming since August: that Guns N' Roses ? or, at least, Slash and Axl Rose ? will reunite at Coachella 2016.

I think this is probable, summat.

And after that he might even be comfortable having more than one afd-guy on. Doors not closed. HNY peace
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 06:37:45 AM by norway » Logged

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #517 on: January 01, 2016, 06:30:04 AM »

Ginger I wasn't allowed to go either!!!

Also really jacked up by the reports Popcorn might get his moment in the sun.

Felt all along Izzy would be around a little bit too...very happy that we have Richard to fill in.

Izzy is the only member I haven't seen play live in a GNR setting, well him and Paul Tobias. I'd love the chance to get to see him jam out a few songs at least. I was also a little young and missed out on seeing them back in the day. Saw the 3 different lineups and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame performance. Never Axl and Slash together though. Been waiting for that opportunity for quite some time, and I honestly wasn't sure I'd ever get the chance. Thankfully, now it looks like I will.

I think there are a bunch of us here right around the same age that are all in the same boat...we all love the music from these guys... but just missed out on seeing them perform it together...

I'm still in shock that we appear to be this close to seeing it.
Me too. It still hasn't sunk in for real yet. I'm not sure how I'll react when I see the two of them together on stage, whether performing or not. I think I'll have some Kleenex handy just in case.

Well...I guess we're all excited..... Shocked
NotSorry
Opening Act

« Reply #518 on: January 01, 2016, 06:56:11 AM »

Thought I'd come out of hibernation and join in the excitement. I had a few things come to mind when all this began, so here they are.

Obviously, the first thing to say is FUCK YES! beer I was born in 1990, so never got the chance to see any pre-CD lineups for myself. I love seeing the impact that the band still has around the world, and how there's so much hype without a single person involved saying or doing anything - although reading Facebook comments, a lot of people are still going berzerk for the wrong reasons. Some people are never happy.

In terms of promotion, there's surely more to it than just Axl on Kimmel. I was going to suggest that maybe the mystery Tuesday episode was going to be an entire show devoted to GN'R, but seeing as the guests were posted earlier in the thread, that theory is out the window. Plus if that had been the case, then there would need to be advertising, which would be tough to do for something that's a surprise. I think that there is going to be something else 'unexpected', though (whether that's within the Kimmel show or not) - with the cats out of the bag, it would be almost disappointing to have a 5-minute interview followed by "Oh by the way, we're touring soon." That's not to say I'm disappointed with that at all, but such a comeback probably needs more of a bang than just confirmation of what's already been said. To start promoting in such a big way, and for it to be so surprising, makes things tricky.

As far as the reunion, whatever that may involve, I strongly feel it'll be connected to UYI. That's the logo they went with for the website, plus it's the 25th anniversary this year. It would make sense with the lineup as well - even if Sorum is a dick who doesn't play as uniquely, he hasn't got the reputation that Adler does, and would be less of a risk (staying sober and keeping quiet, I mean). And if Izzy doesn't want to be that heavily involved, then I could totally see Gilby making an appearance. If any of that ends up being correct, then I for one would love to also see the return of Tracy, Roberta and Teddy Zigzag - a comeback, especially an Illusions-styled comeback, just wouldn't be complete without a harmonica solo! Also, with their maturity, sobriety and reconciliation, I personally think it'd be cool to name it the 'No Illusions (world) tour'.

Other than that, I have no guesses of what could happen (and am probably wrong anyway, haha). I'm just so happy regardless! Grin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #519 on: January 01, 2016, 07:45:20 AM »

Ginger I wasn't allowed to go either!!!

Make that 3 of us.

Wow. Who knew I'd be the only one who saw the old band (well the UYI line up) back then, out of the four of us....
Considering how I'm supposed to hate the old band the most out of all of us.  hihi

Yeah, it was after St Louis. Hello day trip to the capital on a bus full of people drinking cheap beer. I remember some guys were saying on the way back home how Skid Row was the better band at the show. Obviously I didn't agree...  hihi

And all those who are happy that all the Slash "haters" are now in love with him. Good for you.
Ironically these people failed to mention how they've suddenly "more positive" to GN'R than what they've been in decades.... hihi

It goes both ways.... Some of us have been here, supporting GN'R, every day since we became fans. Some haven't. Smiley

Axl guesting is confirmed by JKL?

Not by the show itself....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:50:47 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: