Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 08:43:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 142174 times)
Annie
« Reply #340 on: December 30, 2015, 10:41:20 AM »

Someone asked about the timing on the picture.  I can't give you an exact time frame, but....

S'Well (from his water bottle) was founded in 2010.

His "smokey eye" water bottle http://www.swellbottle.com/product/smokey-eye/ was part of the 2014 product line update (I can find reviews from early 2014).

I would say that means the picture is from at least mid 2014 to now.
Cool water bottle. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #341 on: December 30, 2015, 10:41:48 AM »

Someone asked about the timing on the picture.  I can't give you an exact time frame, but....

His "smokey eye" water bottle http://www.swellbottle.com/product/smokey-eye/ was part of the 2014 product line update (I can find reviews from early 2014).

The woman who first put it up said its from last week.

I'd believe it.  I think people were looking for a more independant means of authentication (since anyone can say anything on the 'net, and the file, itself, doesn't seem to have any meta tags with dates).

I'd say that, from what we can see, her time frame "jives".

Edit: Did she say WHERE it was taken? Specifically?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 10:43:23 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #342 on: December 30, 2015, 10:42:20 AM »

I hope this isn't a stupid question.  If it's a stadium tour would a Chicago stop be in United Center or at Soldier Field?

Probably Soldier Field.

Together again,
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #343 on: December 30, 2015, 10:43:58 AM »

I'd believe it.  I think people were looking for a more independant means of authentication (since anyone can say anything on the 'net, and the file, itself, doesn't seem to have any meta tags with dates).

Also what helps is there was a picture from around December of last year with a fan and Axl had cut his hair short. So, a year's growth of hair fits with how long his hair is there.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 10:47:22 AM by CherryGarcia » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #344 on: December 30, 2015, 10:47:18 AM »

Also what helps is there was a picture from around December of last year with a fan and Axl had cut his hair short. So, a year's growth of hair fits with how long his hair is there.

I edited the last post, but prolly too late:

Did she say where it was taken?

My guess is it's on The Backbone trail, which is relatively near his house in Malibu (links up a parking area on Latigo Canyon rd and another further into Malibu).  It's good hiking....and a decent work out.

Together again,
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #345 on: December 30, 2015, 10:48:06 AM »

My guess is it's on The Backbone trail, which is relatively near his house in Malibu (links up a parking area on Latigo Canyon rd and another further into Malibu).  It's good hiking....and a decent work out.

No. I don't have access to the woman's FB (which is apparently where it came from). I'm just quoting the forum where it originally was posted.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #346 on: December 30, 2015, 10:49:22 AM »

No. I don't have access to the woman's FB (which is apparently where it came from). I'm just quoting the forum where it originally was posted.

Gotcha.  I didn't know if there was more info posted on that forum, or whatever.

Together again,
NegZero
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #347 on: December 30, 2015, 11:04:35 AM »

Looks like I'm going to be putting some miles on the car and spending a few grand.  No way I'm not hitting up 3-4 of these shows.  Cheesy
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #348 on: December 30, 2015, 11:11:51 AM »

Nike liked that photo.  ok

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #349 on: December 30, 2015, 11:19:29 AM »

Looks like when he went hiking in S.A I remember a picture from then  where he was wearing similar or the same outfit, while the other guys were off dong Yoga, when Duff was filling in.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #350 on: December 30, 2015, 11:26:43 AM »

Looks like when he went hiking in S.A I remember a picture from then  where he was wearing similar or the same outfit, while the other guys were off dong Yoga, when Duff was filling in.

Which is over a year and a half ago now.  Lot can happen in the meantime.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #351 on: December 30, 2015, 11:40:13 AM »

It actually looks like the street outside of his house. There is very similar foliage on either side of his gate. Not that I've driven by...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #352 on: December 30, 2015, 11:46:39 AM »

..... assuming he's still 5ft 8.

Why would you think his height has changed??  nervous

j/k  Tongue

As far as football stadiums go, maybe college stadiums could be an option.
Not from that area but any GNR line-up performing at an 80,000+ capacity University of Notre Dame Stadium in the shadows of Touchdown Jesus would be a sight to behold.  Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #353 on: December 30, 2015, 11:53:08 AM »

j/k  Tongue

Not from that area but any GNR line-up performing at an 80,000+ capacity University of Notre Dame Stadium in the shadows of Touchdown Jesus would be a sight to behold.  Grin

That would be awesome, I just can't see them passing up the relatively brand new stadium in Indy or Soldiers Field in Chicago (which would be the two closest locations) for Notre Dame. It is also currently under construction which I'm sure will pickup now that the football season is over.
matty29
Headliner

« Reply #354 on: December 30, 2015, 11:56:24 AM »

j/k  Tongue

First of all, in general, i think discussion or speculation about Axl's appearance is ridiculous.  Who the hell cares.  I just hope he's on his game as far as the music goes.  (I know the height thing is a joke, not referring to this post.) 

Secondly, I think stadiums are super ambitious.  Not saying they can't pull it off, but that is a tough nut to crack.  During the Illusions tours they only did stadiums with Metallica in the u.s.  Currently the only acts that can consistently sell out stadiums   are Taylor Swift, U2, Stones, Springsteen and thats about it.

ACDC did a stadium tour and we're selling half to 3/4 of the tix.  Thats fine for them as they get paid upfront but not a great look for the band when they are selling tickets for $10 on groupon. 

Unless Guns was going out with another BIG name, unless im underestimating the demand, i would think that arenas would be the call.  Especially over the summer in the US the arenas arent booked for shit so they could keep adding shows in the better markets like new york chicago LA etc. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #355 on: December 30, 2015, 11:57:08 AM »

j/k  Tongue

I was being a bit snarky, admittedly.

But..people also do tend to "shrink" a bit as we get older.  Disc compression in the spine and bone density decreases can cost some people as much as and inch or so as they get older.

Typically, though, that starts to become noticeable in your mid to late 60's, not mid 50's. Smiley

Together again,
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #356 on: December 30, 2015, 12:04:37 PM »

"Do you know where you are?!"

The spotlights come up. All of Coachella takes in a collective breath of absolute shock to see a now 3 foot tall Axl looking like Verne Troyer playing dress-up.  ok Tongue
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #357 on: December 30, 2015, 12:04:50 PM »

OT..and mods can feel free to delete if it's just behind the scenes moderating going on:

Is something wacky going on with the boards? I saw this thread go from 20 pages (about half a page of posts) to 19...and from the "root" GnR thread saw 2 or 3 phantom "RE:[Title of existing topic]" threads pop up that, when clicking on them, resulted in an error message (one forbidden error, one weird "data not sent" error).

I know this is not the thread for the topic...and I'm putting a version in admin/feedback, too...but figured I'd give a heads up in the most active thread in case the database is getting hosed on the back end.

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #358 on: December 30, 2015, 12:07:15 PM »

I did some cleaning. Unfortunately some seem to focus on the wrong things. As usual.

So much for all the positivity!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #359 on: December 30, 2015, 12:09:21 PM »

I did some cleaning. Unfortunately some seem to focus on the wrong things. As usual.

So much for all the positivity!

/jarmo

Thanks! Thought I was going crazy (still possible, just not in this, I guess) or the boards were crashing down!

I see what's been cleaned.  Still think there's ONE on p 16 (now) on the same topic. Wink

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: