Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 08:35:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 142165 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #240 on: December 29, 2015, 10:52:34 PM »

I think it's bogus. Tongue

It's either happening or the whole thing blows up. They (Axl) lose all support minus a small minority (these boards).
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #241 on: December 29, 2015, 10:55:24 PM »

It's either happening or the whole thing blows up. They (Axl) lose all support minus a small minority (these boards).

Even some of us, probably.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #242 on: December 29, 2015, 10:57:11 PM »

He can't possibly bail at this point.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #243 on: December 29, 2015, 10:59:25 PM »

Even some of us, probably.

What has happened since the Slash interview, and specifically the recent upswing in the past few days could have been addressed if it wasn't true. If it isn't true, not addressing it and nipping it in the bud is the largest tactical error Axl and his support system have made since the classic lineup collapse.

I don't think they are that tone deaf... which is why in my mind this has to be real.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #244 on: December 29, 2015, 11:00:09 PM »

sure he can...until the inks dry, all rumors...such is life. We could get some, we could get all, or we could get none.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #245 on: December 29, 2015, 11:01:09 PM »

Signed up...but since I didn't buy a fucking guitar pick or whatever, my account is not fully activated.

u like picks? what size would you prefer?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #246 on: December 29, 2015, 11:02:18 PM »

sure he can...until the inks dry, all rumors...such is life. We could get some, we could get all, or we could get none.

He can, but he nukes his credibility moving forward because he let this rumor fester without addressing it. There is no coming back with Axl and 7 guys most of the world has never heard of before.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #247 on: December 29, 2015, 11:05:36 PM »

Coma, you are assuming he cares about coming back....just playing devil's advocate here as he is not an easy guy to predict or pigeonhole.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #248 on: December 29, 2015, 11:07:16 PM »

He can, but he nukes his credibility moving forward because he let this rumor fester without addressing it. There is no coming back with Axl and 7 guys most of the world has never heard of before.
Why not? At no point he or the band has announced anything, its not his fault if everybody else did it instead.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #249 on: December 29, 2015, 11:15:52 PM »

Why not? At no point he or the band has announced anything, its not his fault if everybody else did it instead.

As of right now, to pretty much the entire music (rock) listening world, GnR is again Axl, Slash, and Duff (maybe more). Axl and Team Brazil have had months to quickly state 'hey, what you are hearing is not true, but we have a big 2016 planned' instead of impossible to understand jokes about in international drug incident that about 30 people globally even heard about. If all of this passes and there is no announcement, no coachella, no reunion... then whether they started the rumor or not, most support for Axl's version of Guns N Roses is over.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #250 on: December 29, 2015, 11:19:33 PM »

He either does the reunion or GNR is over.

And I say this as someone who was completely behind Axl's vision for Guns after Slash and Duff.

He can't come back with even more replacements for departed guitarists. I'd go see it, but the public wouldn't.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 11:23:14 PM by GunnerOne 84 » Logged

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #251 on: December 29, 2015, 11:27:54 PM »

What has happened since the Slash interview, and specifically the recent upswing in the past few days could have been addressed if it wasn't true. If it isn't true, not addressing it and nipping it in the bud is the largest tactical error Axl and his support system have made since the classic lineup collapse.

I don't think they are that tone deaf... which is why in my mind this has to be real.

100% agreed.

And an ad campaign before the biggest movie of alltime?

The lead article on the front page of Billboard?

This last happened...when?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #252 on: December 29, 2015, 11:30:19 PM »

You still have no faith in this?

Axl is unpredictable but 'not in this lifetime' (regarding FULL reunion) is my belief. Or expectation if u will.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #253 on: December 29, 2015, 11:31:36 PM »

You still have no faith in this?

Axl is unpredictable but 'not in this lifetime' (regarding FULL reunion) is my belief.

So, it's only valid for a FULL reunion?

You do believe Slash might be back?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #254 on: December 29, 2015, 11:36:10 PM »

100% agreed.

This last happened...when?

I feel for the people that grew up with CD Era GnR like I grew up with Classic Era GnR. For them this is what 1994-1997 was like for me just condensed into the time period between DJ announcing his departure until today (just a few months). I can see why they are fighting this and standing like Baghdad Bob yelling 'nothing to see here' while the buildings around him smolder.

While I enjoyed CD era GnR, it wasn't 'my band'... and that is what the future is going to be for them.

I wonder what would have been if we had the classic core of GnR creating music though the late 90's into the 2000's and they will forever wonder what is in the CD vault and if we will ever hear all of it (or any of it for that matter).
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #255 on: December 29, 2015, 11:44:32 PM »

Guns N Roses is worldwide trend #14 on twitter at the moment.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #256 on: December 29, 2015, 11:46:54 PM »

I feel for the people that grew up with CD Era GnR like I grew up with Classic Era GnR. For them this is what 1994-1997 was like for me just condensed into the time period between DJ announcing his departure until today (just a few months). I can see why they are fighting this and standing like Baghdad Bob yelling 'nothing to see here' while the buildings around him smolder.

But how could they have that same connection?

We followed them for 5 solid years they were probably the biggest band in the world.

What did anyone that followed the CD band have that was anything near that?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #257 on: December 29, 2015, 11:48:16 PM »

Guns N Roses is worldwide trend #14 on twitter at the moment.

Awesome.

I keep checking HuffPo and Yahoo.  Not yet.

I figure in the next few days its there too.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #258 on: December 29, 2015, 11:59:22 PM »

For argument sake:
What if it turns out to be something like say a former manager who previously tried to "force" a reunion; who also has the $$ backup to run a movie ad campaign such as this from his Clear Channel business and other endeavors; who also has connections at Billboard ... what if all of this was to once again "force" a reunion?  Wouldn't it be prudent of Axl (or whomever) to just let the Coachella line-up day announcement come and go and then "leak" the proof that this reunion stuff was all fabricated by this ex-manager.

And then give the fans CD II with a free tee with that logo from gnr.com.

Again, just for argument sake. 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ben9785
« Reply #259 on: December 30, 2015, 12:04:50 AM »

For argument sake:
What if it turns out to be something like say a former manager who previously tried to "force" a reunion; who also has the $$ backup to run a movie ad campaign such as this from his Clear Channel business and other endeavors; who also has connections at Billboard ... what if all of this was to once again "force" a reunion?  Wouldn't it be prudent of Axl (or whomever) to just let the Coachella line-up day announcement come and go and then "leak" the proof that this reunion stuff was all fabricated by this ex-manager.

And then give the fans CD II with a free tee with that logo from gnr.com.

Again, just for argument sake. 

I was actually thinking of a post along these lines. Anything is possible until they are actually onstage together. Not criticising Axl - but rather, as you pointed out, this is so unprecedented in light of previous comments and the business conflicts he's spoken about that you can't help wondering..
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: