Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 07:27:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 142101 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2015, 09:14:47 PM »

This board is going to explode with old for ten faces pretty soon.  Which is good because things were getting a little stale. 

I am not a festivals guy at all.   I hope there is a ppv broadcast or a live feed.   Then a blue ray release. 

I will Tavel any place in North America to see this band in concert in a stadium or arena.   Can't wait
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2015, 09:16:52 PM »

This board is going to explode with old for ten faces pretty soon.  Which is good because things were getting a little stale. 

I am not a festivals guy at all.   I hope there is a ppv broadcast or a live feed.   Then a blue ray release. 

I will Tavel any place in North America to see this band in concert in a stadium or arena.   Can't wait

Come down to Gilette (sorta, kinda, near boston...well, in mass anyway) or metlife, near nyc. First round on me?  beer

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2015, 09:17:24 PM »

Gilette and MetLife would be givens. I can do either...maybe both. That pricing would be the only killer.

As far as I know, there's more than 25 football teams?
So which ones wouldn't get a show?

LA has no NFL team....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2015, 09:19:00 PM »

I'm not 100% sure who Mitch Lafon is... but I know I've heard of him.

Anyways he tweeted this:

Mitch Lafon ‏@mitchlafon  2h2 hours ago
Do you Know Where You Are @jimmykimmel ? Next week, right

Mitch Lafon ‏@mitchlafon  2h2 hours ago
For those of you that missed 1986 the first time around - have no fear it'll be back in 2016 on so many fronts.

Mitch Lafon ‏@mitchlafon  14m14 minutes ago
You're Crazy if you don't circle this day in your calendar

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2015, 09:19:53 PM »

For an opening act on the tour, I would love for it to be Halestorm.

Holy fuck weasels, YES!!

Pretty Reckless are much better. Lzzy gets annoying after 5 songs. Taylor is so damn sexy.
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2015, 09:20:38 PM »

Wow!  Big night!  Gonna be intense on here the night of the first concert.

Lots of big and famous users online tonight from the past 15 years. Some I met in New York 10 years ago that I haven't thought about since then, some at a Velvet Revolver concert 12 years ago, and a couple that even helped me learn guitar like Voodoo and Meanbone.  

So weird reflecting on the life of a GNR fan. I first hopped on here the night of the VMA's as a sophomore in college and now I learn about this article while giving my second child a bath.  I can't imagine what kind of ride it's been like for fans since the beginning.  Tonight has to have a surreal feel to it.

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #186 on: December 29, 2015, 09:23:01 PM »

While it is technically from another band, it does have a little history for Axl and Slash... Maybe trade favors, you sing Fall to Pieces and I'll play This I Love?

One is heavily associated with another band and singer, the other one isn't....

/jarmo

I would love to hear Axls take on "fall too pieces".  I think it would be great.  Especially considering he has mentioned he heard the original melody years ago

I also agree it would be considered a cover song.    As it was written by another band.    

However guns has lots of covers.    I for one would t be saddened to see me of them dropped in favor of this one
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2015, 09:24:41 PM »

You could say the same for Live And Let Die or Knockin' On Heaven's Door to be fair. If Axl can step on stage with Slash again I'd say all bets are off at this point.

You could say that, but only if you conveniently disregard other facts.
Yes, they were originally written and recorded by people who aren't GN'R. But they weren't written or recorded by people who were in GN'R while they weren't in GN'R.

I'm sure you knew that. Smiley

/jarmo

Completely agree with the facts at hand, but there is going to have to be some give and take... It's not like Axl isn't benefiting from taking the stage with Slash (maybe more so than Slash is from taking the stage with him). I don't expect Axl to ignore 2000-2014... you can't expect Slash and Duff to either.

Will these songs be setlist cornerstones, I would't expect that, but I wouldn't rule them out as random one offs. Maybe for instance Slash starts playing something like Anastasia as his solo piece live and it organically expands from there like the Don't Cry sing along.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2015, 09:25:10 PM »

This is sounding like its going to be an all out GnFR assault!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2015, 09:28:24 PM »

Come down to Gilette (sorta, kinda, near boston...well, in mass anyway) or metlife, near nyc. First round on me?  beer

I will definitely be at MetLife.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2015, 09:29:27 PM »

Metlife  would be a giving for sure. Very exciting indeed!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2015, 09:29:45 PM »

Not being familiar with all that is Coachella - is there any shot of them streaming or payperviewing this?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2015, 09:31:00 PM »

Not being familiar with all that is Coachella - is there any shot of them streaming or payperviewing this?

There's a chance yes. Youtube streamed last year.

Sweetness is a virtue
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2015, 09:32:50 PM »

Thx bro
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2015, 09:33:07 PM »

very nice!!!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #195 on: December 29, 2015, 09:34:33 PM »

Even though I'm not a fan of Myles I'd like to think Slash had more respect for him than to turn him into a sidenote at his own show.

Who's own show? Isn't is Slash with a backingband?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #196 on: December 29, 2015, 09:35:25 PM »

Gilette and MetLife would be givens. I can do either...maybe both. That pricing would be the only killer.

LA has no NFL team....

/jarmo

LA has a couple big stadiums close by. I'd assume they play the Rose Bowl in Pasedena, but they have a couple options. And some of the big division one colleges have huge stadiums, too. So its not just nfl stadiums.

I'd bet LA, san fran, boston, nyc, miami, dallas , chicago, detroit, and, apparently, vegas are pretty sure bets.  Probably seattle, washington dc, denver, and new orleans. Maybe kansas city, pheonix,  and Wisconsin (green bay). They might find something in the upper central u.s. area, too....likely a college stadium.

All hypothetically, of course.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #197 on: December 29, 2015, 09:36:36 PM »

LA has no NFL team....

jarmo

There are 32 teams and the NY teams share a stadium.  Green Bay wont get a show, too small of a metropolitan area.  They won't be limited to just football stadiums. The craze the last few years has been a "summer concert series" in baseball stadiums and college football stadiums.  For example, Target Field is a baseball stadium in Minnesota that for about five straight years has hosted a country concert that sells out.  Half the people that go to those just like to post a facebook status to say they are watching an outdoor concert at a cool baseball stadium.

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #198 on: December 29, 2015, 09:37:30 PM »

LA has no NFL team....

/jarmo

LA has a couple big stadiums close by. I'd assume they play the Rose Bowl in Pasedena, but they have a couple options. And some of the big division one colleges have huge stadiums, too. So its not just nfl stadiums.

I'd bet LA, san fran, boston, nyc, miami, dallas , chicago, detroit, and, apparently, vegas are pretty sure bets.  Probably seattle, washington dc, denver, and new orleans. Maybe kansas city, pheonix,  and Wisconsin (green bay). They might find something in the upper central u.s. area, too....likely a college stadium.

All hypothetically, of course.

If they don't do a stadium in LA, AEG runs Staples Center.

Sweetness is a virtue
danrose51705
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2015, 09:41:14 PM »

Mother of god !!!!!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: