Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:21:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Are we perhaps setting ourselves up for massive disappointment?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are we perhaps setting ourselves up for massive disappointment?  (Read 19740 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2015, 12:20:48 PM »

Love that article desperately trying to read something into Duff's use of L.A.M.F.

Psssst.... Guys.....it means he likes Johnny Thunders.  hihi

Don't you almost wish he posted a photo of a cup of coffee or something just to see the "secret meaning" behind it?  hihi

They grow an awful lot of coffee in.....Brazil! South American reunion tour starts now!

Haha, you're right! Of course! hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2015, 12:21:06 PM »

If nothing is  going to happen, the new incarnation of the band with 2 (or 3) new players will be a total fiasco. Axl knows that and if he hasn't stopped the rumors up to now there are obvious reasons. I don't know if we can talk about a full reunion, but knowing Axl, at least we'll see duff mckagan re-joining the band.
Axl won't dissappoint his fans that much...

I don't know how you'd possibly sell it.

Clearly there has been a huge drop off from their prime to all the replacement line-ups.  And I guess he's retained most of however many fans that wound up being over these past 15 years.

But can you even retain all whatever number of people that is, if you pull what looks a pretty serious bait and switch?  Can you really say definitively there won't be people that get fed up and say, you know what...fuck this guy?

Clearly, coming back with 2 new guitar players and going back on tour with a new lineup will only send this thing around in circles again..will only delay the next album..and will take some more getting used to from a fan base already not sure where this thing is headed

The time is right and the time is now for Slash and Duff to rejoin the band and make some magic happen.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2015, 03:34:17 AM »

Its very clear that its happening.

And still not a shred of proof.  Round and round!

You'll get proof when it happens.

like cd2 hihi

But dude, they put a friggin' teaser trailer in front of Star Wars while simultaneously changing the official website to ONLY feature the original 87-93 band logo

What trailer? I just saw something like a bootleg. If the rumors was true then this would  be the worst promo-video ever. EVER.

But then again, 99.999% of the GNR online fan community thinks I'm about as cool as AIDS....

rockers shouldn't be cool or socially accepted, anyway so who the fuck cares smoking

smoking smoking smokingu dig? smoking smoking smoking
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 04:55:03 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2015, 01:53:59 PM »

This is the bank busting retirement tour and you know what i dont blame them,theyre being offered silly amounts of cash to do so lets all swallow the pride and make more bank (partly) together than they do solo.

I say again i dont blame them i'd do the same,but it wont be 1980's again they're middle aged men (as i am too and ive changed a lot in that time too)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2015, 03:11:18 AM »

I honestly think Axl would get a long well with a sober Slash.

Like Axl told Duff, They became what they said they never would... Slash had people filling his head full of shit, Axl the same, caused a space/rift that grew further. Time makes u wiser and they see that now.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2015, 07:34:18 AM »

how long all these guys will stay sober on a reunion tour?

confused

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2015, 09:34:55 AM »

I was thinking that, since Guns N Roses is legally an Axl thing, maybe - if this sort of reunion happens - it could be a temporary event, like a "one year special tour", then move on.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2015, 09:47:04 AM »

I honestly think Axl would get a long well with a sober Slash.

Like Axl told Duff, They became what they said they never would... Slash had people filling his head full of shit, Axl the same, caused a space/rift that grew further. Time makes u wiser and they see that now.

Like axstradamus Maybe I'll Get it right, next time....

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2015, 11:17:30 AM »

I was thinking that, since Guns N Roses is legally an Axl thing, maybe - if this sort of reunion happens - it could be a temporary event, like a "one year special tour", then move on.

It could but why would people care for nuGNR after this? He wont be able to hold the card that he is pissed at ex GNR members and that they left bla bla, it wouldnt make sense.
Im certain this is for good and either they keep going or Axl takes it easy after, semi retired. Obviously this is just an opinion, anything can and will happen!!  peace
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2015, 11:56:54 AM »

It could but why would people care for nuGNR after this? He wont be able to hold the card that he is pissed at ex GNR members and that they left bla bla, it wouldnt make sense.

there are many cards to hold.. it's clear that it's not a simply "pissed at ex members" thing... simply, they had their own parted ways for 20 years, Axl put efforts and heart in his stuff, and I don't think he's the guy who thrashes all of it.. maybe this thing could simply be a way to make peace (and a lot of money, of course), then go on without the rust... I'd be happy, in this case

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2015, 12:55:21 PM »

there are many cards to hold.. it's clear that it's not a simply "pissed at ex members" thing... simply, they had their own parted ways for 20 years, Axl put efforts and heart in his stuff, and I don't think he's the guy who thrashes all of it.. maybe this thing could simply be a way to make peace (and a lot of money, of course), then go on without the rust... I'd be happy, in this case

I know but just wait until the GNR reunion tour kicks off, the excitement will be off the roof, i cant see Axl end it and go back to new members, it would be anti climatic to say the least. Anyway ill enjoy the next couple of years of GNR, cheers!  peace
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2015, 01:00:51 PM »

At a minimum, it means that *way* more people will tune into Jimmy Kimmel this week.   beer

I envision Coachella being as much of the Appetite / Illusion members as possible.  If / when a tour follows, we might see Frank and Richard onboard.  All complete speculation, but hey, that's what we do around here.  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 01:02:25 PM by bazgnr » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: