Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:23:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Are we perhaps setting ourselves up for massive disappointment?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are we perhaps setting ourselves up for massive disappointment?  (Read 19807 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2015, 10:27:09 PM »

Wrong (again).  Axl denied the rumors years ago.  He's said nothing this time.  #fact.  In the past, he repeatedly shot down reunion rumors. #anotherfact. 

EXACTLY.  AXL FUCKING SHOT DOWN THE RUMORS!

You're so dense that you couldn't accept it.  So your way of dealing with it is to somehow twist Axl's repeated "no" into a yes.

Let me spell this out for you, because apparently I wasn?t laying it on thick enough.

2009 ? reunion rumors.  Axl forcefully shoots them down.

2012 ? reunion rumors, more intense than before.  Axl (again) forcefully shoots them down.

2015 ? reunion rumors, more intense than ever.  Axl says nothing.  Website updated to classic logo, former band members advocating for a reunion, etc.

Which year is different?  Also, I?m sure there were other instances in the past where Axl spoke negatively towards a reunion.  '09 and '12 are two that come to mind.  So now, you think Axl?s going to completely change how he operates and not address the rumors?  And I?m the dense one?

you are Gold until 2015...facts are Axl has said nothing and what former band members say is actually meaningless..cough cough...Adler, Sorum, Clarke, et al... Plus, Duff nor Slash nor Izzy has said ONE word about it.

Stars are aligning but let's not get ahead of ourselves by proclaiming set in stone truths vs circumstantial eveidence.  Undecided

What about a 3 guitar attack of Fortus, Izzy, and Slash? Hmmm.....Sky Dog's pipe dream..... hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2015, 10:28:34 PM »

let's not get ahead of ourselves by proclaiming set in stone truths vs circumstantial evidence.

Indeed, but good luck trying to sell that one to them my friend!   Tongue
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2015, 10:29:45 PM »

you guys are great. i love this board. im still in the it could go either way camp. im with bridge in that theres no direct proof, but i also see how one could easily come to the conclusion that its on. i wont be disappointed either way. im stoked something is going on, and i am enjoying reading all the speculation.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2015, 10:32:34 PM »

plus, Axl and Izzy started Gnr.....how can it be a reunion without Izzy?  Tongue

Just another lineup of Gnr.....ask Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Kiss, Allman Brothers, Skynrnd, etc etc etc about that.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2015, 10:33:35 PM »

you guys are great. i love this board. im still in the it could go either way camp. im with bridge in that theres no direct proof, but i also see how one could easily come to the conclusion that its on. i wont be disappointed either way. im stoked something is going on, and i am enjoying reading all the speculation.

Oh RJ, only once in a few thousand threads does someone humble us with such relaxed innocence.  Here's to ya.   beer
Kenan
Opening Act

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2015, 10:45:21 PM »

As long as anyone of them is being active in the music industry i.e. earning money from fans by doing concerts, tours, appearances etc., they are morally obligated to address those same fans when needed.

No.  That's an outrageously immature, entitled perspective that too many fans have.  You think they owe you something because you're sitting around the computer making up, spreading, and repeating horseshit rumors.

They owe you NOTHING.  Like Axl said, live you life.  That's your responsibility not theirs.

Immature and entitled would imply asking for something that is not deserved or earned. I don't think, as a 20+ years supporting fan, it would be "immature and entitled" of me to simply ask for any of the band members (current or former) to post a simple tweet or a statement denying four months long rumours, which are, due to the noticable media coverage and other recent developments (changes to band's website and social media pages) as other folks tried to explain it to you, nothing like the previous ones which were, as already pointed to you, denied in their tracks sort to speak. This is not some Joe Fan posting stuff on a message board and all of us suddenly "demanding" Axl or Slash to respond to it. That would be "immature and entitled" to ask for or to expect, but however, this is a completely different situation. These are not eighties anymore, meaning - none of them has to schedule a press conference or a TV interview, go to a radio station or talk show to deny the rumours. As I already tried to explain it to you (albeit, with very little success), all it would take for any of them (let's leave out Axl as you appear to be too emotional when discussing him) is to make a short statement via their official social media pages if indeed there is no truth to reunion rumours.

The band doesn't "owe" me anything personally, but it does owe to thousands of loyal fans who are interested to find out if there is any truth about the reunion rumours which are ongoing and which do not appear to "fade out" after many months of circulation - on the contrary, they seem to be gaining more traction.

If you still think we are asking too much, well, look around, you appear to be in minority here. Of course, we could all be delussional and you the only beacon of sanity in this thread, but, please forgive me if I'm not inclined to believe that's the case.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2015, 10:51:56 PM »

No, before it actually happens, the majority of fans are talking about the when it happens.

Oh you're right, people are definitely talking.  But if it's so "very clear" already, then you should be able to provide actual proof that all the talking actually means something concrete.  All these ridiculous little clues only add up in the minds of those that do a lot of talking.

I posted this before... but this isn't Adler making these comments. This is coming from people tied to AFD members (Duff) and CD members (Richard, Frank, Bumble, DJ)

I know it's not definitive proof, but within the last week or so, Michael H (who plays in a side band with Richard and Frank) posted a link to an article about the reunion which names Frank and Richard and said something along the lines of 'This is going to be awesome"... The post was then 'liked' by Richard Fortus...

You have had Duffs wife and her friend out when the friend made a comment about the band getting back together (Duff's wife didn't deny it real time and it was never shot down)
You had SIXX AM make comments about the reunion
You had Scott Wieland (who played with AFD/UYI members and Ron Thal) make reunion comments
You have a guy that plays with Richard and Frank make a reunion comment

None are shot down, none are responded too... every person who made a comment has a tie to the band in some way.

There is starting to be too much smoke and no sign of a fire department.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2015, 11:29:02 PM »

As long as anyone of them is being active in the music industry i.e. earning money from fans by doing concerts, tours, appearances etc., they are morally obligated to address those same fans when needed.

No.  That's an outrageously immature, entitled perspective that too many fans have.  You think they owe you something because you're sitting around the computer making up, spreading, and repeating horseshit rumors.

They owe you NOTHING.  Like Axl said, live you life.  That's your responsibility not theirs.

Immature and entitled would imply asking for something that is not deserved or earned. I don't think, as a 20+ years supporting fan, it would be "immature and entitled" of me to simply ask for any of the band members (current or former) to post a simple tweet or a statement denying four months long rumours, which are, due to the noticable media coverage and other recent developments (changes to band's website and social media pages) as other folks tried to explain it to you, nothing like the previous ones which were, as already pointed to you, denied in their tracks sort to speak. This is not some Joe Fan posting stuff on a message board and all of us suddenly "demanding" Axl or Slash to respond to it. That would be "immature and entitled" to ask for or to expect, but however, this is a completely different situation. These are not eighties anymore, meaning - none of them has to schedule a press conference or a TV interview, go to a radio station or talk show to deny the rumours. As I already tried to explain it to you (albeit, with very little success), all it would take for any of them (let's leave out Axl as you appear to be too emotional when discussing him) is to make a short statement via their official social media pages if indeed there is no truth to reunion rumours.

The band doesn't "owe" me anything personally, but it does owe to thousands of loyal fans who are interested to find out if there is any truth about the reunion rumours which are ongoing and which do not appear to "fade out" after many months of circulation - on the contrary, they seem to be gaining more traction.

If you still think we are asking too much, well, look around, you appear to be in minority here. Of course, we could all be delussional and you the only beacon of sanity in this thread, but, please forgive me if I'm not inclined to believe that's the case.

There will be an announcement when the information is ready to be publicly released.

Nobody "owes" you for being a fan- if you buy an album you get to own the music, if you buy a ticket you get to see a show, if you buy merch- it's yours to keep.

I'll refrain from quoting the lyric from Sorry- but thinking you are "owed" is entitled nonsense.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2015, 11:29:09 PM »

Ya know im not one who likes to stir the pot here but for all you who are asking for "wheres the Proof" what is this Law & Order you need a detective to bring you proof before you believe something is happening. And why would anyone want to question if this is actually happening everybody should be getting behind this because there is absolutely nothing else that would indicate something else was happening like CD II.

So for anyone who is questioning this stop and get behind it and support it because right now this is all thats left to get behind this band because when something does get announced all these people questioning it are gonna jump right on the bandwagon because no one is going to say oh i don't want a reunion im done with GNR now.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2015, 12:29:53 AM »

Ya know im not one who likes to stir the pot here but for all you who are asking for "wheres the Proof" what is this Law & Order you need a detective to bring you proof before you believe something is happening. And why would anyone want to question if this is actually happening everybody should be getting behind this because there is absolutely nothing else that would indicate something else was happening like CD II.

So for anyone who is questioning this stop and get behind it and support it because right now this is all thats left to get behind this band because when something does get announced all these people questioning it are gonna jump right on the bandwagon because no one is going to say oh i don't want a reunion im done with GNR now.

Could not agree more with everything here.

Not being onboard with this is basically saying you are cashing out.  Because its this...or nothing.

Even if you want to say this is not a lock...OK, fine.  Say that.  None of us can really tell you that is wrong.

But compare everything we know about this, some of it circumstantial as can be, but some pretty real signs...and compare that to "looking very seriously in that regard".

And you tell me what looks like our better bet.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2015, 12:37:20 AM »

I am getting pretty excited for something.

Anything.

The only way I will be disappointed is if there is nothing.

If anything comes from this

I will be very happy!!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2015, 12:57:58 AM »

No.

Bottom line is, something seems to be going on with GN'R. That's awesome!

But then again, 99.999% of the GNR online fan community thinks I'm about as cool as AIDS.... So what do I know....

/jarmo

I would give Jarmo karma if I could here....
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2015, 12:59:24 AM »

There will be an announcement when the information is ready to be publicly released.

Nobody "owes" you for being a fan- if you buy an album you get to own the music, if you buy a ticket you get to see a show, if you buy merch- it's yours to keep.

I'll refrain from quoting the lyric from Sorry- but thinking you are "owed" is entitled nonsense.

I feel like someone has said these exact same lines before.  We will all know one way or another by January 5th.  I would be surprised if it was before then.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2015, 02:29:10 AM »

I feel like someone has said these exact same lines before.  We will all know one way or another by January 5th.  I would be surprised if it was before then.

I had heard this before and paraphrased it- it is still true.

Soon is a good word now Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2015, 03:04:42 AM »

If you want concrete facts, I cant help you.

Then don't use the words "very clear" when you're speaking unless you can offer facts.

Wrong (again).  Axl denied the rumors years ago.  He's said nothing this time.  #fact.  In the past, he repeatedly shot down reunion rumors. #anotherfact. 

EXACTLY.  AXL FUCKING SHOT DOWN THE RUMORS!

You're so dense that you couldn't accept it.  So your way of dealing with it is to somehow twist Axl's repeated "no" into a yes.

Wow, pretty sure if I typed this aggressive stuff I'd be in line for a lecture from the powers that be on here.

You need to chill out a bit dude  Cheesy
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2015, 03:41:22 AM »

I've been as doubtful about the band's future as anyone and found it easy to dismiss reunion talk simply because Axl and Slash have not said anything to indicate one was happening. Axl for the most part isn't very communicative with his fans, so him not addressing the rumors could be put down to exactly that: Axl doesn't tell us what's going on.

But now, with this ad I'm fairly convinced. You don't throw Star Wars money at your 3rd Vegas residency.

Most importantly to me, you don't let your fans all believe a reunion is coming just to pull the old switcheroo on them. If it was anything other than a reunion, that rumor could have been put to bed with a Tweet in 20 seconds. If these ads signify anything other than a reunion, Axl has basically killed his career and found a way to make one of the most starved-for-new-material fanbases in rock history actually disappointed by the announcement of new material. Despite some bad decisions over the year's Axl Rose is not and never has been a stupid man.
Manek
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2015, 04:05:16 AM »

Oh RJ, only once in a few thousand threads does someone humble us with such relaxed innocence.  Here's to ya.   beer

To not understand why we'd be talking about this is pretty dense. To not understand that we'd be excited by this, as a fan of many years, whatever.  What would you prefer we talk about?  I can't see how this doesn't happen now, and I was one that believed it never would.I am just happy that Axl will be active again, and this is the best scenario for him to be relevant, which to me is great!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2015, 04:32:36 AM »

Nope, not me....Don't care what the lineup is, I'm in!
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2015, 05:13:45 AM »

Duff posted this yesterday! Smiley

http://www.alternativenation.net/reunited-guns-n-roses-planning-new-material-duff-mckagan-shares-rehearsal-photo/

Shouldn't Slash's projects be moved into the GnR part of the message board now that the band are getting back together?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2015, 05:34:59 AM »

Duff posted this yesterday! Smiley

http://www.alternativenation.net/reunited-guns-n-roses-planning-new-material-duff-mckagan-shares-rehearsal-photo/

Shouldn't Slash's projects be moved into the GnR part of the message board now that the band are getting back together?

We dont know anything for sure yet... lets wait and see what happens

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: