Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:15:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Are we perhaps setting ourselves up for massive disappointment?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are we perhaps setting ourselves up for massive disappointment?  (Read 19772 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 02:21:29 PM »

Axl and Slash didn't mend their fences until sometime late last year or even into this year.

how can we be sure they've mend their fences? it's a honest/simple question. Why are we not doubting/questioning this?

I think we should be more careful with the premises we are using.

Because the writing is on the wall. The reunion is happening.

Really? Who's gonna be the drummer and the rhythm guitarist at this reunion?

I know it's not definitive proof, but within the last week or so, Michael H (who plays in a side band with Richard and Frank) posted a link to an article about the reunion which names Frank and Richard and said something along the lines of 'This is going to be awesome"... The post was then 'liked' by Richard Fortus...

You have had Duffs wife and her friend out when the friend made a comment about the band getting back together (Duff's wife didn't deny it real time and it was never shot down)
You had SIXX AM make comments about the reunion
You had Scott Wieland (who played with AFD/UYI members and Ron Thal) make reunion comments
You have a guy that plays with Richard and Frank make a reunion comment

None are shot down, none are responded too... every person who made a comment has a tie to the band in some way.

There is starting to be too much smoke and no sign of a fire department.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2015, 02:47:31 PM »

No, I don't think so.

First and foremost, and at the most basic level...what the fuck else do we really have right now?  Nada.  So I'm pretty unclear what we are risking here.

And like Jarmo said in one of the first posts in this thread, no matter what is up, it appears they are active again.

How is that bad? 

I'm all in.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2015, 02:52:16 PM »

The fanclub just closed to all new members.  You can no longer join in.  Makes me think presales for something are coming and this prevents scalpers from joining in

Yeah, I can confirm this.

I signed up last month, but did not properly activate it or something.

And now I can't.  Damn it.

Of course, the homepage still lists memberships for 2013-14, so who the fuck knows if that is even the fan club going forward.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2015, 03:17:30 PM »

Could just be locked out while they make updates and changes to the site Huh
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2015, 03:24:28 PM »

Could just be locked out while they make updates and changes to the site Huh

Just seems like updates and changes to me.  This years membership package was not available until March 2015 so there was a lapse with members who were waiting to sign up or renew with the new package.  If there is a new package before March I plan to renew but guessing it will be sorted out by then.  Hopefully the photo galleries will be returned to the site.

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2015, 08:10:20 PM »

The fanclub just closed to all new members.  You can no longer join in.  Makes me think presales for something are coming and this prevents scalpers from joining in

Yeah, I can confirm this.

I signed up last month, but did not properly activate it or something.

And now I can't.  Damn it.

Of course, the homepage still lists memberships for 2013-14, so who the fuck knows if that is even the fan club going forward.

I've been able to log in and navigate the dashboard account. and it took my renewal payment for the  $10 digital membership but it still denies me access to the nightrain? I contacted wonderfull union, no reply...?
Kenan
Opening Act

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2015, 08:36:29 PM »

All I am saying is we should keep our expectations incredibly low. Because I think everyone who is so certain that all these clues mean a reunion and everyone is all excited is going to be let down big time.

It is a very valid question and concern, shared by, I dare say, many GNR fans.

However, the fact is that none of them has denied the reunion rumours. These are not some random postings on some fan message boards that as such should not be given attention let alone publically addressed. These have been picked up by online media and are still being reported by many websites and persons in the industry. Now add the classix logo and changes to their website/online social media pages AND the fact that none of the members publically released a statement denying the rumours, I believe now, it is more than "wishful thinking" the actual reunion will take place. We have actuall indicators pointing to that direction.

Now, the only reason, as I see it, neither Axl, Slash or anyone from the GNR camp (including original members) wouldn't publically deny the rumours (if the reunion is in fact not going to happen), also being aware of the noticable media and fanbase interest, is because they would simply not care about the fans and the fans' expectations - which in turn would all make them a bunch of assholes.
Now, in my opinion, this is highly unlikely (all of them being bunch of assholes trolling the fans for no reason) and what I actually believe is the opposite: the reunion is in the works and  they are just keeping quiet untill everything is sorted out.

The reunion wouldn't mean just GNR collecting huge sums of money, it would mean money pouring in for everyone involved, including organizers, brands (Gibson, Epiphone for example). It's a big deal and quite a project. You just don't go out and comment on something that has not yet been set in stone (with so much money involved) and this is why they are keeping it quiet.

Or they could simply be assholes trolling us.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2015, 09:28:13 PM »

neither Axl, Slash or anyone from the GNR camp publically deny the rumours  is because they would simply not care about the fans and the fans' expectations - which in turn would all make them a bunch of assholes.

Beg pardon?   Huh  In fact, they've been denying these rumors for years, especially Axl.  They're likely not responding because they're plumb sick of fans who can't stop clamoring for a reunion despite the fact that they've already told those fans many times that a reunion will NOT happen.  That doesn't make them assholes.  People who act entitled are the assholes.  They don't owe it to you to explain even once that they're not reuniting, let alone 1000 times.

Or they could simply be assholes trolling us.

The only people doing the trolling are those instigating -- and repeating -- all the bullshit rumors about a reunion that NOBODY owes you or promised you.  If the reunion doesn't happen, you will have truly out-trolled yourselves, and you'll only have yourselves to blame.

Its very obvious a reunion is taking place. I understand you don't want to get let down yet again so you are not even entertaining the possibility but its clearly happening.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2015, 09:39:24 PM »

Its very clear that Slash and Duff are back in the band.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2015, 09:43:12 PM »

Wait about another 7 days and then you can come out of your state of denial.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2015, 09:45:00 PM »

got me !!! ok

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2015, 09:48:33 PM »

super

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2015, 09:52:59 PM »

Come on younggunner, I know you've been away for a long time but you know one word responses aren't allowed.   Wink 

dude, I dont know what you want. Nothing is concrete until it happens obviously. And GnR land even when its set in stone, things can change. But for the time being its very reasonable to believe that Slash and Duff are back. If you want concrete facts, I cant help you.

Kenan
Opening Act

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2015, 09:53:48 PM »

Beg pardon?   Huh  In fact, they've been denying these rumors for years, especially Axl.  They're likely not responding because they're plumb sick of fans who can't stop clamoring for a reunion despite the fact that they've already told those fans many times that a reunion will NOT happen.  That doesn't make them assholes.  People who act entitled are the assholes.  They don't owe it to you to explain even once that they're not reuniting, let alone 1000 times.

The only people doing the trolling are those instigating -- and repeating -- all the bullshit rumors about a reunion that NOBODY owes you or promised you.  If the reunion doesn't happen, you will have truly out-trolled yourselves, and you'll only have yourselves to blame.

Bridge,

As long as anyone of them is being active in the music industry i.e. earning money from fans by doing concerts, tours, appearances etc., they are morally obligated to address those same fans when needed. These are, as previously stated, long-lasting rumours (since August, so that makes it what, 4 months now?), with lots of media coverage and, again, people from the industry hinting at it. What does it matter if Axl denied previous rumours? How much of his time and effort would take to post a tweet saying. "It is not happening."? While it may take away app. 45 seconds of his life it would also save a lot more people/fans' time hanging around these message boards, refreshing the threads and looking for new developments/clues on the possible reunion (we, the fans, are mortal as well and our time as such is also precious, don't you think?). So if this all is a fairytale, just say so, simple as that. Everything else is just a poor excuse and bad ethics.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2015, 09:58:13 PM »

neither Axl, Slash or anyone from the GNR camp publically deny the rumours  is because they would simply not care about the fans and the fans' expectations - which in turn would all make them a bunch of assholes.

Wrong (again).  Axl denied the rumors years ago.  He's said nothing this time.  #fact.  In the past, he repeatedly shot down reunion rumors. #anotherfact.  Honestly, what else could you possibly want to understand that a reunion is happening?  It's clear you're not on board with it, but don't let that fool you from what's actually happening.  How else do you explain the revised website?  The Star Wars teaser?  
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2015, 10:03:24 PM »

If you want concrete facts, I cant help you.

Then don't use the words "very clear" when you're speaking unless you can offer facts.

Its very clear that its happening.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2015, 10:05:35 PM »

Its very clear that its happening.

And still not a shred of proof.  Round and round!

You'll get proof when it happens.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2015, 10:11:13 PM »

Wrong (again).  Axl denied the rumors years ago.  He's said nothing this time.  #fact.  In the past, he repeatedly shot down reunion rumors. #anotherfact. 

EXACTLY.  AXL FUCKING SHOT DOWN THE RUMORS!

You're so dense that you couldn't accept it.  So your way of dealing with it is to somehow twist Axl's repeated "no" into a yes.

Let me spell this out for you, because apparently I wasn?t laying it on thick enough.

2009 ? reunion rumors.  Axl forcefully shoots them down.

2012 ? reunion rumors, more intense than before.  Axl (again) forcefully shoots them down.

2015 ? reunion rumors, more intense than ever.  Axl says nothing.  Website updated to classic logo, former band members advocating for a reunion, etc.

Which year is different?  Also, I?m sure there were other instances in the past where Axl spoke negatively towards a reunion.  '09 and '12 are two that come to mind.  So now, you think Axl?s going to completely change how he operates and not address the rumors?  And I?m the dense one?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2015, 10:13:06 PM »

You'll get proof when it happens.

And not before.  Remember that!   ok

No, before it actually happens, the majority of fans are talking about the when it happens.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2015, 10:17:50 PM »

No, before it actually happens, the majority of fans are talking about the when it happens.

Oh you're right, people are definitely talking.  But if it's so "very clear" already, then you should be able to provide actual proof that all the talking actually means something concrete.  All these ridiculous little clues only add up in the minds of those that do a lot of talking.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: