Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:10:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mysterious Guns N? Roses Teaser Hits Movie Screens Nationwide (link in 1st post)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mysterious Guns N? Roses Teaser Hits Movie Screens Nationwide (link in 1st post)  (Read 50080 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2015, 09:09:13 AM »

By the by, in relation to my last post:

I'd totally go see "Welcome to the Jungle: The Life and Times of Guns n Roses" at the theater. Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2015, 09:35:01 AM »

Very curious how they would make this type of announcement ...

I can't envision them standing up on a podium answering questions on how this all came about ha.

Nah, I doubt we get a full blown presser quite yet.  Maybe eventually.

Probably a joint press release, with some quotes in it from the principal players.  And maybe, at roughly the same time (or following, closely), some press releases from any festivals they're booked at.

Whoever came up with this marketing strategy really earned their paycheck on this one.

Will be so interested to hear how it all came about at some point
My gut has always told me that the 3 of them got in a room and came up with things that absolutely cannot happen if they do this and then came up with some clever ways to test the water on it

Obviously the rock world has let them know how much it means to have them on-stage or even working together again

So f*cking cool
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2015, 10:46:37 AM »

Well, the news about the teaser and the announcement tomorrow reached the biggest entertainment site here in Brazil today

http://musica.uol.com.br/noticias/redacao/2015/12/28/teaser-em-cinemas-sugere-reuniao-da-formacao-classica-de-guns-n-roses.htm

It's news even in Sweden now!
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/musik/hardrock/article22005799.ab

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2015, 10:57:12 AM »

Hasn't reached the Isle of Wight yet  hihi But then again, I'm happy to let this slide in favour of something more substantial in regards to Gn'R  ok
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2015, 11:09:40 AM »

-

hmmm maybe its been asked before, but in what way does that teaser suggest a reunion?

Its suggests something is going on with GNR, but I didnt see a top hat in there.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2015, 11:35:31 AM »

-

hmmm maybe its been asked before, but in what way does that teaser suggest a reunion?

Its suggests something is going on with GNR, but I didnt see a top hat in there.

If there hadn't been 4 months or so of speculation about a reunion, it'd be a valid point

Somehow don't see a teaser before the largest movie opening ever, being done to let the world know that Axl is back on tour with 2 new guitarists that nobody ever heard.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2015, 11:36:44 AM »

-

Don't think an official source has spelled out anything yet, But GNR sure is getting some great publicity and worldwide attention.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2015, 11:58:35 AM »

-

If there hadn't been 4 months or so of speculation about a reunion, it'd be a valid point

Somehow don't see a teaser before the largest movie opening ever, being done to let the world know that Axl is back on tour with 2 new guitarists that nobody ever heard.

Exactly. It certainly seems that there are far too many small coincidences thst all tip the scales toward something big, ie. A reunion. That, or it's one of the greatest practical jokes of all time.

Then again, I've learned over the years that anything can and will happen with this band. So I'm trying not to get too excited. It's getting tougher every day though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2015, 12:12:32 PM »

this is too cool

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #149 on: December 28, 2015, 12:35:50 PM »

Were like a bunch of giddy teen age girls waiting for a Back Street Concert LOL. Glad something is happening hopefully we find out exactly what very soon. If it is a reunion with Slash and Duff I hope I can afford a ticket. I sat for hours wrapping change so I could get a ticket to the Fillmore in Silver Spring  beer
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: December 28, 2015, 12:42:12 PM »

-

Good point. I just hope new songs are coming.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #151 on: December 28, 2015, 12:59:13 PM »

-

Good point. I just hope new songs are coming.

Amen brother
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2015, 03:55:33 PM »

Anyone been able to figure out which advertising company who made the cinema teaser? Sometimes you can find out more info about their projects on their websites. If the teaser is part of a campaign, we might be able to find posters, radio spots etc.

I've been looking at some they've used before, but nothing. It seems they often use a different company for each campaign.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2015, 04:26:24 PM »

Not even a little bit.

And where is that track record.  All of the sudden, on their own, TB became shrewd marketers?  For CD II??

Seems...unlikely.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: December 28, 2015, 04:34:43 PM »

If the teaser trailer and website "update" are for anything but the long rumored reunion, it will literally be the biggest, not to mention most expensive, troll of all time.

Obviously, it's not, and the reunion is real and the official announcement is coming.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #155 on: December 28, 2015, 04:38:11 PM »

If the teaser trailer and website "update" are for anything but the long rumored reunion, it will literally be the biggest, not to mention most expensive, troll of all time.

Obviously, it's not, and the reunion is real and the official announcement is coming.

Yeah, buying ad time before 'Star Wars' ain't exactly like buying ad time during old re-runs of 'Mama's Family'.

That shit cost.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #156 on: December 28, 2015, 04:48:24 PM »

Anyone been able to figure out which advertising company who made the cinema teaser? Sometimes you can find out more info about their projects on their websites. If the teaser is part of a campaign, we might be able to find posters, radio spots etc.

I've been looking at some they've used before, but nothing. It seems they often use a different company for each campaign.
http://www.aegworldwide.com/about/affiliates/nationalcinemedia

Credit to sp1at over at www.gnrevolution.com for doing the legwork. That's what he came up with at least. If that's what you were looking for.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #157 on: December 28, 2015, 04:54:27 PM »

Yeah, buying ad time before 'Star Wars' ain't exactly like buying ad time during old re-runs of 'Mama's Family'.

That shit cost.

I'm no expert on this, but have been looking a little bit.

Ad time at movie theaters aren't that expensive actually. Some places you pay according to the number of visitors, and other places there's a flat rate per week per screen. I've seen $250 mentioned some places for the latter example.

I don't know how many screens they've been displaying, but let's say 1000. That could be $250,000 for the week.

In comparison that's less than what you pay for one 30 sec tv spot during prime time tv.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2015, 04:56:51 PM »

http://www.aegworldwide.com/about/affiliates/nationalcinemedia

Credit to sp1at over at www.gnrevolution.com for doing the legwork. That's what he came up with at least. If that's what you were looking for.

Thanks! I've already checked out NCM though, they are the company who shows the commercials at the movies.

I was thinking of digging up who produced the commercial. I think that would be a third party.

Sweetness is a virtue
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2015, 05:51:01 PM »

That shit cost.

I'm no expert on this, but have been looking a little bit.

Ad time at movie theaters aren't that expensive actually. Some places you pay according to the number of visitors, and other places there's a flat rate per week per screen. I've seen $250 mentioned some places for the latter example.

I don't know how many screens they've been displaying, but let's say 1000. That could be $250,000 for the week.

In comparison that's less than what you pay for one 30 sec tv spot during prime time tv.

I thnk you are talking about the block ads that run before the lights dim? The ones available for local use, that run among the trivia games and concessions ads? Thats the right price point for those.

The gnr spot wasn't that. It was part of the previews reel.  Those are national buys, as they accompany a particular movie, along with the rest of its preview package. For example, star trek was bundled with star wars in the first week.

Those buys typicall cost mega bucks (often a million plus), depending on the movie they are tied to. Anything tied to star wars is pretty much at the top of the price point, too.

Edit: this wasn't a full trailer...it was teaser length, so that might bring costs down a bit.

Also ncm has 1350 theaters. Assume about 1500 screens for star wars, minimum, in those chains.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 05:55:17 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: