Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:06:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mysterious Guns N? Roses Teaser Hits Movie Screens Nationwide (link in 1st post)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mysterious Guns N? Roses Teaser Hits Movie Screens Nationwide (link in 1st post)  (Read 50074 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2015, 02:44:52 AM »

Added to the rulmor mill, GNR Reunion may include 2-3 new songs...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 08:36:17 AM by LIGuns » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2015, 07:21:53 AM »

I have a question: If the reunion thing happens, what axl will do with those 15 years and a hundred songs already record with that "new gnr"?

Complete afterthought.

Not to say they will never see the light of day.  But if this announcement truly comes down, its just not where people's heads will be.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2015, 07:22:17 AM »

Well, the news about the teaser and the announcement tomorrow reached the biggest entertainment site here in Brazil today

http://musica.uol.com.br/noticias/redacao/2015/12/28/teaser-em-cinemas-sugere-reuniao-da-formacao-classica-de-guns-n-roses.htm

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2015, 08:17:22 AM »

The best part of this 'news worthy item' is they go into how it was written on his bass amp back in the day, but they somehow miss that it is tattoo'd on the inside of his left wrist which you can see holding the neck of his bass guitar in that very picture.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2015, 08:22:45 AM »

So, there is a rumor that there will be an announcement tomorrow? am i right?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2015, 08:27:22 AM »

Nobody is sure whether Trunk meant this Tuesday (the 29th) or the following Tuesday (the 5th).  The Jan 5th date would jive with rumors about a Cochella appearance, since that's the date they announce their festival line up.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2015, 08:28:52 AM »

People were saying the 5th... So when Trunk says Tuesday I'm not sure if that is tomorrow or the following Tuesday rumor that was being thrown around before. Something tells me that on Wednesday the 6th we are going to be talking about a day in February.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 08:32:33 AM by C0ma » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2015, 08:35:34 AM »

Very curious how they would make this type of announcement ...

I can't envision them standing up on a podium answering questions on how this all came about ha.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2015, 08:37:11 AM »

People were saying the 5th... not sure where that originated or why. So when Trunk says Tuesday I'm not sure if that is tomorrow or the following Tuesday rumor that was being thrown around before. Something tells me that on Wednesday the 6th we are going to be talking about a day in February.

I'd be a little surprised if it was tomorrow...mostly because I don't think Slash would want to steal the thunder of the Conspirators gig on New Years eve.

But, at this point, anything is possible.  That trailer that started playing this weekend means there is 100% "something" going on with GnR.  It's no longer idle speculations that something is happening, etc.  Nobody shells out those kinda bucks....and make no mistake, those kinds of trailers in front of Star Wars ain't cheap...without a good reason. And without concrete plans of what, when, and how it's going down. That's not someone trolling the fan base...or some vague line from Trunk...or some clickbait link/headline from some tabloid-y type site. It's much more tangible than any of that.

We can, I guess, argue what that "something" is.  CDII release, another tour with a revamped lineup, a reunion, something else.  But it's SOMETHING.

And...I mean...I would say this pretty much jives with what Fernando said awhile back. Right?  I mean....this sure seems to be leading to some sort of announcement.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 08:40:22 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2015, 08:39:08 AM »

I can't envision them standing up on a podium answering questions on how this all came about ha.

Nah, I doubt we get a full blown presser quite yet.  Maybe eventually.

Probably a joint press release, with some quotes in it from the principal players.  And maybe, at roughly the same time (or following, closely), some press releases from any festivals they're booked at.

Together again,
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2015, 08:39:23 AM »

i guess the next step may be the teaser hit gunsnroses.com. and some tiny updates on the site until they the main announcement is made.. if there is an announcement coming up in the near future.. we dont know for sure yet..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2015, 08:42:23 AM »

i guess the next step may be the teaser hit gunsnroses.com. and some tiny updates on the site until they the main announcement is made.. if there is an announcement coming up in the near future.. we dont know for sure yet..

No, we don't know for sure.  We don't know WHAT, exactly, it is.

But...I mean...we know it's something to do with GnR.  Pretty much FOR SURE.

That's a marked difference (I would say improvement) than where we were, say, last Monday. Smiley

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2015, 08:42:49 AM »

Nah, I doubt we get a full blown presser quite yet.  Maybe eventually.

Probably a joint press release, with some quotes in it from the principal players.  And maybe, at roughly the same time (or following, closely), some press releases from any festivals they're booked at.

Whoever came up with this marketing strategy really earned their paycheck on this one.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2015, 08:46:19 AM »

No, we don't know for sure.  We don't know WHAT, exactly, it is.

But...I mean...we know it's something to do with GnR.  Pretty much FOR SURE.

That's a marked difference (I would say improvement) than where we were, say, last Monday. Smiley

I agree..
But they need to act while these hints are still hot! I have a feeling that they would wait with the hints until.. say .. new years eve etc. if the were announcing something in early January. Just my thoughts...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2015, 08:49:13 AM »

FROM MYGNR:

Post Re: WOW...More industry insider info on the GNR reunion
DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
Tracii Guns? HELLO? He's a bigger name than Izzy these days.

Never happen. Do you really think they need a "bigger name" for any reason at all? Ummm, no.

It's Axl, Slash & Duff. And whoever they decided to hire for the week, month or leg of a specific tour. If anyone so much as steps a foot to the left, they will be replaced faster than Summer's replaces clip-in extentsions on tour. Anyone who thinks it's just the 5 guys is higher than Scott Weiland was on Dec. 3rd. It's the Big 3, Dizzy will be on keys, Frank on drums and Richard on rythym. And Izzy will saunter in a few nights and do 2-3 songs. Adler will get a chance to play a song or two, and my guess, might even be done 38 Special style. With both drummers. I've heard from sources Axl does not like Sorum, and he's also said a few dumb things in recent years - so he's not likely to be there unless he bought a ticket. Scatter in a guest here or there on guitar, or Bach singing a duet with the boss on a night or two. Maybe if Fortus breaks an arm or something, they might bring in Gilby for a run of shows. I'd also wager there will be another utitlity player or two on the trek playing keyboards, or maybe even some extra guitar. Mark my words on all of this. #SuckIt

$ludge
(The long post was by Stevie Rachelle of TUFF and the owner of Metal Sludge) http://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=327846

The fact that Metal Sludge still exists in 2015 is perhaps the saddest thing on the net. No one there has any inside info at this point - Stevie's just playing the odds.

The new material rumor is the only thing that has my attention so far. As a huge fan of the most recent lineup, and having seen Guns numerous times, it's hard to get excited for a tour without that. So, fingers crossed.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2015, 08:51:59 AM »

People were saying the 5th... not sure where that originated or why. So when Trunk says Tuesday I'm not sure if that is tomorrow or the following Tuesday rumor that was being thrown around before. Something tells me that on Wednesday the 6th we are going to be talking about a day in February.

I'd be a little surprised if it was tomorrow...mostly because I don't think Slash would want to steal the thunder of the Conspirators gig on New Years eve.

But, at this point, anything is possible.  That trailer that started playing this weekend means there is 100% "something" going on with GnR.  It's no longer idle speculations that something is happening, etc.  Nobody shells out those kinda bucks....and make no mistake, those kinds of trailers in front of Star Wars ain't cheap...without a good reason. And without concrete plans of what, when, and how it's going down. That's not someone trolling the fan base...or some vague line from Trunk...or some clickbait link/headline from some tabloid-y type site. It's much more tangible than any of that.

We can, I guess, argue what that "something" is.  CDII release, another tour with a revamped lineup, a reunion, something else.  But it's SOMETHING.

And...I mean...I would say this pretty much jives with what Fernando said awhile back. Right?  I mean....this sure seems to be leading to some sort of announcement.

I completely agree 'something' is happening, but with decades of experience watching this band, I have to laugh a little though at the idea that things are going to go smoothly and meet timelines. If a third party (Coachella for example) is responsible for the announcement then yes, it will go down on a specific date... However I can't help but shake the feeling though that this 'teaser' is going to bite someone in the ass. Either the band doesn't meet a date and or deadline, or the teaser wasn't fully baked and signed off by WAR and gets pulled back (like the HD commercial, the DVD's, etc...). Something about that teaser just doesn't seem polished, which make me wonder if First Look or someone else in the chain just pulled the trigger. That type of thing seems to happen to GnR/Axl more than any other major act.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2015, 08:55:19 AM »

Whoever came up with this marketing strategy really earned their paycheck on this one.

I suspect....and we'll see if it's true...that the teaser playing was for Cochella (paid for and put together by them, with GnR's blessing and input).  I've seen Cochella teasers before, running in theaters, so they have the contacts to do it, and a history OF doing it. It's similar to their artistic style of previous teasers (which didn't focus so much on a particular act, but on the festival, itself and the "experience".)  ASSUMING (and you know what they say about assuming) GnR really are doing Cochella, that is.  

That's my wholly unfounded theory.  Hopefully, we'll see within the next week or so.

But no matter who it's "from", it's a brilliant teaser, IMHO.  And it's obviously been effective, because...well, look at the coverage it's getting from EVERYWHERE.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2015, 09:04:35 AM »

I completely agree 'something' is happening, but with decades of experience watching this band, I have to laugh a little though at the idea that things are going to go smoothly and meet timelines. If a third party (Coachella for example) is responsible for the announcement then yes, it will go down on a specific date... However I can't help but shake the feeling though that this 'teaser' is going to bite someone in the ass. Either the band doesn't meet a date and or deadline, or the teaser wasn't fully baked and signed off by WAR and gets pulled back (like the HD commercial, the DVD's, etc...). Something about that teaser just doesn't seem polished, which make me wonder if First Look or someone else in the chain just pulled the trigger. That type of thing seems to happen to GnR/Axl more than any other major act.

I don't think GnR (the band) pays for and puts together that teaser.  I mean..they could, I guess..but it's far more likely for something like that to be done by a promoter, a label, an event/festival, etc.

And those things/folks don't spend that kind of money on a teaser in front of the biggest movie...well, potentially EVER, but at the very least this year..without the i's being dotted and the t's being crossed.

No, that doesn't preclude something going haywire, and I get the caution in buying in since...as you pointed out..there's previous evidence of things going sideways on occasion (yes, I'm being a bit sarcastic).

But I'd say it's about as positive a sign of some sort of activity as we've had since, at least, the end of June 2014.  And it's a GOOD sign...because (to my way of thinking) it's gotta be something pretty big to warrant this kind of run up.  We've not gotten anything like this for previous tours, festival appearances...hell, even CD's actual release.

Now, maybe this is just someone "doing it right"....and it's the promotion we all moan about there being a lack of, running up to something less "world exploding" than a reunion.  Totally possible. Hell, maybe they're doing a retrospective documentary about GnR "through the ages" and this is the first teaser.  I sorta doubt it (film making isn't secretive enough to keep that under wraps, IMHO), but...at this point, as I said, anything is pretty much possible.

But...even so..even with that uncertainty...I think at this point we can all agree it's "something".  Folks spend a lot of time bemoaning the lack of information, or activity, or whatever.  Well, here you go.  We got something.  And, IMHO, that something is being presented in a pretty cool, remarkable, way.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2015, 09:06:17 AM »

I can't see that either.

If it is, its Slash and Duff.  No Axl.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2015, 09:08:20 AM »

But...even so..even with that uncertainty...I think at this point we can all agree it's "something".  Folks spend a lot of time bemoaning the lack of information, or activity, or whatever.  Well, here you go.  We got something.  And, IMHO, that something is being presented in a pretty cool, remarkable, way.

I know I should be happy with the sudden movement, even if there is a top secret 'riddles' like feel to all of this... but ironically with the placement of the teaser, i just hear Admiral Ackbar in the back of my head yelling ''It's a trap!"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: