Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 06:35:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does anyone else wish CD had been more experimental?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does anyone else wish CD had been more experimental?  (Read 14795 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2015, 05:58:12 PM »

When even the guy above points out something like that, it says something about the other poster....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2015, 06:00:21 PM »

Do you think even he would dispute that?  I don't.

I just also don't think that's some insult or shortcoming on his part.  Doubt he does either.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2015, 06:02:16 PM »

Option #4 for me in terms of Music released post 93. 

I still like the live performances post 93, and take a big interest where former classic members have performed . (i,e Duff, Izzy) etc.

I would say a guy like you is teetering.

You are still in the game, but do so hoping it will change drastically (as in, a reunion).

I'm still purely in the game to see whether this reunion thing is going to happen.

I saw Slash in January in Sydney 2 years after i saw Axl, Both were individually excellent. My over-riding emotion walking away from both concerts was.... good shows...but Axls band just dont have that Aura... and Miles K wasnt a shade on Axl and if these 2 ever get their act together and get back on stage together, i would have to go. Individually.. i saw just how good both guys are... to see them together live would be explosive.

I am in the game because i love both performers. I would still try anything that Axl releases, because well.. its Axl.... But at this point in time, Slash has released Music closer to guns sound post 93 and i have enjoyed that stuff more then CD... thats not a shot at Axl, its just my preference.

If this Reunion doesnt happen.. and Axl gets joe blogs and whoever to do another tour.. ill buy my ticket... purely to see Axl... and ill probably re-adjust my expectations for the rest of it and hopefully enjoy it.  Im sure i will.

That opinion grates a lot on here... but it is what it is.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2015, 06:03:17 PM »

Makes sense to me.  If there's an offense there, I don't see it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2015, 06:06:00 PM »

I think that Bumblefoots Input was not that good. So I think that they should have released the album without him.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2015, 06:09:13 PM »

Do you know why?

"It's not the same as the old band".

We've heard it. Imagine that.
Focus on what it is. You liked the show, it was great.
Remember that for once.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2015, 06:09:30 PM »

Makes sense to me.  If there's an offense there, I don't see it.

No offense intended at all on my part, simply.. both guys were amazing individually and their bands didnt do a lot for me.. i want them back together, that gets people's backs up on here for some reason and by Jarmo's post above, it would seem he's not overly impressed by it.

I'm not ripping up plants here, i'm just being honest. I don't think i am in a minority of fans by any stretch as to what i am hoping happens. I can just see my opinion being lead to a response of.. well.. what are you doing here then?

Pretty sure that's where this heading.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2015, 06:09:43 PM »

I think that Bumblefoots Input was not that good. So I think that they should have released the album without him.

I like a few things he did.  Like him on 'I.R.S.'

Wouldn't call it essential though.  So I see your point from that angle, with the delay to give the impression of collaboration with he and Frank.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2015, 06:11:04 PM »

Do you know why?

Do you even consider that maybe if you let it past without expressing your disapproval (which is also something that doesn't need a constant refresher, for the record), there might not even be a follow up?

But by putting it up in lights, you extend its life and that can lead to a 10-15 post detour?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2015, 06:11:39 PM »

by Jarmo's post above, it would seem he's not overly impressed by it.

Correct. Something you could've posted after the first show played without the old band, repeated every years since, doesn't impress me.

/jarmo

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2015, 06:13:09 PM »

Do you know why?

/jarmo

Listen.... i get that you are trying to cause another argument here, but where in my post havent i been fair? I said Axl was amazing.. the show was good... i dont find either backing bands on Guns or Conspirators to be amazing however... I walked away and my initial thoughts were.. both these guys were unreal.. imagine seeing them together... even at this age, it would be bloody amazing.

Thats not slanderous or anything.. its just an opinion.. and an honest one without trying to cause offense, which you still find offensive???  Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2015, 06:16:42 PM »

No, I'm trying to explain to you why you start arguments. By posting the same tired things over and over again.

We don't care if it's not good enough for you or if you don't like the way the band is. Don't care.

If you haven't been able to focus on what you have, instead of what you don't, for the past few decades, you're on the wrong site. Smiley

/jarmo

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2015, 06:16:49 PM »

What about the fan who saw 7 UYI shows and knows there is no way in hell a reunion will ever top those? I can't say I am all that excited about a reunion...especially if Izzy isn't involved. Would I go? Of course, but the thought of chunky Axl and chunky Slash really isn't all that appealing. If they can figure out a way to get some new music out there, I would be much more interested.

As for the OP, no. My faves on Chinese are the ones that are a bit more old school.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2015, 06:18:35 PM »

I like a few things he did.  Like him on 'I.R.S.'

Wouldn't call it essential though.  So I see your point from that angle, with the delay to give the impression of collaboration with he and Frank.

Yeah. Robin Finck, Buckethead and Paul Tobias were the most important guitarists (and songwriters) on CD for sure. Richard added a very awesome rhythm guitar to some of the songs.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:54:54 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2015, 06:21:53 PM »

I couldn't pick out one note Tobias played on the album. However, he obviously was a HUGE contributor to the song writing...no pun intended.  hihi

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2015, 06:24:05 PM »

No, I'm trying to explain to you why you start arguments. By posting the same tired things over and over again.

We don't care if it's not good enough for you or if you don't like the way the band is. Don't care.

If you haven't been able to focus on what you have, instead of what you don't, for the past few decades, you're on the wrong site. Smiley

/jarmo

You're the only person who seems to have their knickers in a knot over what i posted.

No-one else found anything offensive or tired about that post except you.

Try not being so combative when you dont need to be. As i said... i'm not bagging anything out... simply responding to another poster and you've got all ancy about it for no reason at all.  Roll Eyes
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2015, 06:36:40 PM »

Yeah. Robin Finck, Buckethead and Paul Tobias were the most important guitarists (and songwriters) on CD for sure. Richard addet a very awesome rhythm guitar to some of the songs.

Yeah, that's the band.  That's what I consider the 'Chinese Democracy' band, in my opinion.

I think its no coincidence once we got to the replacements of those replcements filling the slots, things starting looking more backwards than forwards.

I think momentum was lost to solider on and try and break new ground.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2015, 06:41:19 PM »

And you can tell what parts Richard played? How do you know he added "awesome rhythm guitar"?  Huh

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2015, 06:43:39 PM »

You're the only person who seems to have their knickers in a knot over what i posted.

Sounds like you take yourself way too seriously. I merely offered you help regarding why you think everybody else is upset over your boring opinions.  ok

So, get back on topic.
And the topic isn't about how you don't like the band  as much anymore.  Tongue

/jarmo

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2015, 06:46:07 PM »

Sounds like you take yourself way too seriously. I merely offered you help regarding why you think everybody else is upset over your boring opinions.  ok

So, get back on topic.
And the topic isn't about how you don't like the band  as much anymore.  Tongue

/jarmo

Back on topic then?

Ok.... No i dont wish CD was more experimental. It was too far removed from what most people would call a proper Guns n Roses record as it is.

Happy?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: