Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 01:01:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Imagine the next album
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Imagine the next album  (Read 13275 times)
axlvai
Rocker

« on: December 09, 2015, 06:30:23 PM »

Hi ppl.

If GNR release a new album (i hope they do it "soon"), thats gonna be like CD2 or UYI3?

I think GNR have a lot of unfinished songs from de 80 n 90, who never saw the light. And is possible to get polish now (?)...

Also... We know that exists a tons of Chinese material, but that can be from the 90 era too.

Impressions? in my opinion, an UYI 3 n 4 can be a success.

axlvai
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 06:32:07 PM »

You can get polish if you go to poland and ask for asylum. No probs

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 06:37:59 PM »

i mean polish like working in a song to get finished.

axlvai
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 06:44:34 PM »

Maybe it won't be either and will be something completely different- I'm looking forward to the next release  peace

The green cover on UYI looks sort of neat.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 06:56:59 PM »

Gonna Be Like All Album Of GNR:

- Evolution / Epic / Fantastic -

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 07:00:11 PM »

"Seven" and "Soul Monster" would be great album titles for parts II and III of the CD-trilogy
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:05:12 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 07:07:06 PM »

Maybe New Album Called:

Down By The Sea

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 07:28:01 PM »

Yeah, I kind of dig it.

As for that next album, more of the same as CD, I should think.  I'm onboard.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 09:54:40 AM »

Maybe New Album Called:

Down By The Sea

smoking

Or Deep In The Vault.

Grin

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 11:49:44 AM »

Yeah, I kind of dig it.

As for that next album, more of the same as CD, I should think.  I'm onboard.

As varied and multifaceted as CD was- I'm sure if more and similar was released it would appeal to a wide variety of people.

"Shut the fuck up."
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 06:39:50 PM »

I would love to hear a revival of the Industrial/experimental sound from the 1997-2000 sessions.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 09:48:48 PM »

I would love to hear a revival of the Industrial/experimental sound from the 1997-2000 sessions.

Axl could contact John Frusciante, he's into recording crazy shit ! :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp9BCIuJLoI

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2015, 04:08:53 AM »

Sorry for not contributing to the actual thread, but the first post reminded me of these:

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 04:19:26 AM by kaasupoltin » Logged

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2015, 09:48:03 AM »

Heeeey!! Great find.

Now we can have at least Use Your Illusion XI.

axlvai
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2015, 02:46:37 PM »

I Can't think of any remotely plausible scenario where a hypothetical next Guns album would be titled UYI3

If there's a reunion, it will be all about Appetite. No doubt about it.

If the rest of the CD sessions (i.e. the album that we've been told for years by various band members is finished, and that Axl first alluded to coming out in 2009) comes out, it would logically be CD2 but given the commercial baggage that comes with that name would likely be put out under its own title.

Recording an album of entirely new material with current/new members and calling it UYI3 would make about as much sense as Christopher Lloyd releasing his vacation videos as Back To The Future 4.

It's all academic anyway, unless someone wants to point to anything that remotely points to a new album being on the way. If the old band reunited with Axl, a. They'd have no reason to put out new stuff and invite comparisons to their storied past when they could sell out any arena on the planet just by playing (and or rereleasing) Appetite, and b. Axl isn't going to suddenly become a guy who co-writes, records and releases a new album in the space of a few months. Especially when the pressure on it to be a success would be so huge.

As for the new band, if DJ and Ron (and possibly Tommy) thought there was any possibility of a new Guns album with them included on it and a tour in support of it I highly doubt they'd have both opted to walk when they did or to have made it clear that they would not be returning. If plans were being finalised they'd have done what they've always done - stayed loyal to Guns and simply toyed with side projects for a while. Furthermore if a new Guns album was to be released, you can bet your bottom dollar the label aren't going to put up with another round of Where's Axl?, no promo appearances and a belated tour in support of the album 2 years later.

Going strictly by what we know for sure - Ron and DJ are gone, there's been no confirmation of a reunion from anyone - as of right now there isn't a functional entity that could be called Guns N' Roses that could take to a stage. One guitarist, two keyboard players, and a drummer (maybe a bass player? Duff? Tommy?).

The only plausible scenario is probably the hybrid lineup. But at this point that's a fan theory and wishful thinking. But is it our best chance of seeing GNR onstage anytime soon? Probably.

I'm more of an album guy than a concert guy. So what's the most likely scenario for an album? CD2 with who knows how many musicians on it that aren't in the band anymore? Touring it with two new guitarists? Maybe a slim chance, but God help whoever has to promote that to a media that's champing at the bit for Axl and Slash together again.

CD2 with new parts by Slash and Duff? Well, if we were getting a hybrid lineup tour, that would make sense. But is Slash going to want to do that? Take the 6th songwriting credit and play the 12th guitar overdub on a song that was written in 1999 by people he's never sat in a studio or stepped on a stage with? Doesn't seem very likely.

Sadly whatever happens behind the scenes it's hard not to think the most likely thing we'll see in the next year or two is what we saw in 1994-1998, 2003-2005, and from 2014 onwards. Nothing.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 01:02:53 PM »

Sadly, some are always focused on what they don't have instead of being thankful for what they do have.

Gloom, despair, agony  crying

"Shut the fuck up."
Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 02:35:08 PM »

I Can't think of any remotely plausible scenario where a hypothetical next Guns album would be titled UYI3

If the rest of the CD sessions (i.e. the album that we've been told for years by various band members is finished, and that Axl first alluded to coming out in 2009) comes out, it would logically be CD2 but given the commercial baggage that comes with that name would likely be put out under its own title.

Recording an album of entirely new material with current/new members and calling it UYI3 would make about as much sense as Christopher Lloyd releasing his vacation videos as Back To The Future 4.

It's all academic anyway, unless someone wants to point to anything that remotely points to a new album being on the way. If the old band reunited with Axl, a. They'd have no reason to put out new stuff and invite comparisons to their storied past when they could sell out any arena on the planet just by playing (and or rereleasing) Appetite, and b. Axl isn't going to suddenly become a guy who co-writes, records and releases a new album in the space of a few months. Especially when the pressure on it to be a success would be so huge.

As for the new band, if DJ and Ron (and possibly Tommy) thought there was any possibility of a new Guns album with them included on it and a tour in support of it I highly doubt they'd have both opted to walk when they did or to have made it clear that they would not be returning. If plans were being finalised they'd have done what they've always done - stayed loyal to Guns and simply toyed with side projects for a while. Furthermore if a new Guns album was to be released, you can bet your bottom dollar the label aren't going to put up with another round of Where's Axl?, no promo appearances and a belated tour in support of the album 2 years later.

Going strictly by what we know for sure - Ron and DJ are gone, there's been no confirmation of a reunion from anyone - as of right now there isn't a functional entity that could be called Guns N' Roses that could take to a stage. One guitarist, two keyboard players, and a drummer (maybe a bass player? Duff? Tommy?).

The only plausible scenario is probably the hybrid lineup. But at this point that's a fan theory and wishful thinking. But is it our best chance of seeing GNR onstage anytime soon? Probably.

I'm more of an album guy than a concert guy. So what's the most likely scenario for an album? CD2 with who knows how many musicians on it that aren't in the band anymore? Touring it with two new guitarists? Maybe a slim chance, but God help whoever has to promote that to a media that's champing at the bit for Axl and Slash together again.

CD2 with new parts by Slash and Duff? Well, if we were getting a hybrid lineup tour, that would make sense. But is Slash going to want to do that? Take the 6th songwriting credit and play the 12th guitar overdub on a song that was written in 1999 by people he's never sat in a studio or stepped on a stage with? Doesn't seem very likely.

Sadly whatever happens behind the scenes it's hard not to think the most likely thing we'll see in the next year or two is what we saw in 1994-1998, 2003-2005, and from 2014 onwards. Nothing.

you and your ilk are so fucking insufferable. it's a shame that we can't have a gnr board that isn't overrun with haters. say whatever you want to defend yourselves as "fans" - yer all a buncha turdballs. armchair quarterbacking a band and complaining every day, year after year after year after year...

literally. get over yourselves already. fuck sakes...
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 06:37:09 AM »

you and your ilk are so fucking insufferable. it's a shame that we can't have a gnr board that isn't overrun with haters. say whatever you want to defend yourselves as "fans" - yer all a buncha turdballs. armchair quarterbacking a band and complaining every day, year after year after year after year...

literally. get over yourselves already. fuck sakes...
Yeah right on Brother...

If the neigh sayers are gonna continue with their bile unabated long live posters like you. ok
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 10:28:56 AM »

Oh sorry children, I thought this was a grown ups forum where you could discuss possibilities rationally. My mistake.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 11:19:03 AM »

Oh sorry children, I thought this was a grown ups forum where you could discuss possibilities rationally. My mistake.

Is this your first day here?

I thought much of what you posted made logical sense, and had supporting rationale. 

But you had to know there would be pushback.  Pushback with NO supporting rationale whatsoever.  Just personal insults about how you are a terrible person in some way.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: