Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:47:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  So is Tommy in or out (your opinions)?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So is Tommy in or out (your opinions)?  (Read 13808 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2015, 12:14:22 PM »

yep yep yep.....he said he was open to talking about it...guarantee you he would consider it. He would be an idiot not to. The Replacements are essentially done as well and his solo career will not carry the day financially.

Last I checked and let's be honest, there is no lineup right now. Speculation from people who really have little to no idea what could be going on.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:20:30 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2015, 12:18:07 PM »

Tommy was pretty clearly talking about the band in the past tense.  And was speaking in a very looking back reflectively manner.

That's why I think its a stretch to say he's still in the fold.

That's true.
But also, that could change with short notice if his services were needed. Don't you think?

/jarmo

Anything can change.  The question here is whether Tommy's in or out.  Based on his (past tense) comments, it's pretty clear he's out.  I guess you could say he's out, subject to considering being back in if asked.  Grin
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2015, 12:19:36 PM »

That's true.
But also, that could change with short notice if his services were needed. Don't you think?

I guess.  But he's also down 2 guitarists.  I have no clue who fills those slots, but I know it will not be DJ, Ron, Robin, or Bucket.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
gnredwing
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2015, 12:34:12 PM »

In or out of what? There is no band at this point in time! Ashba-Gone. Thal-Gone. Oh, Dizzy Reed and Pittman are still in the band, that makes for a great band!  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2015, 12:41:32 PM »

Well, there are a lot of people in these fictitious lineups. Duff is back! Who said that? Did Duff or Axl say that? Slash is back because him and Axl are civil. Really?

A reunion is happening because promoters are offering money for it? Really? That has happened for YEARS!

The whole thing has become ridiculous.  confused

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2015, 12:47:44 PM »

In or out of what? There is no band at this point in time! Ashba-Gone. Thal-Gone. Oh, Dizzy Reed and Pittman are still in the band, that makes for a great band!  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Thats sort of circular, chicken/egg thinking, there, though.

If there's nothing to join, then there can never be a band, ever...if, by your logic, they are only a band when all the spots are full.

Because you can't join something, to fill those spots, if that thing doesn't exist.

Yes...we have created: Inception!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2015, 12:58:45 PM »

What about this?

Anyone asked to join the band now is presumably going to ask if there is anything to these reunion rumors, right?

Would the fact they would even be looking for members to join suggest there is no reunion?  Or, is the fact they aren't looking (as far as we know) suggest that it is?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2015, 01:03:54 PM »

What about this?

Anyone asked to join the band now is presumably going to ask if there is anything to these reunion rumors, right?

Would the fact they would even be looking for members to join suggest there is no reunion?  Or, is the fact they aren't looking (as far as we know) suggest that it is?

I don't know...we didn't hear about them "looking for replacements"..no pun intended... (though we assumed they were) till BBF walked on stage in NYC.

We knew about DJ AFTER he joined.

I don't recall hearing much, since Bucket left, about GnR doing "try outs".  And when we have heard about stuff, it's been WELL after the fact, and pretty much after the spot they auditioned for was already filled.

I don't think "no news" is an indication either way, on that particular front.

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2015, 01:08:26 PM »

What about this?

You are talking about hired musicians.   Why would they care?

"Hey so and so, would you like to join guns n roses for 20 date summe fall tour in 2016.   You can play guitar.  There is no expectation for you to continue on in the future or record any new music with us.  If there is work past these dates, we will let you know"

I think there are thousands of guitar players that would jump at this chance

There is a huge difference between being a hired band Berber, a touring band member and a full time band member

If there is plans for a future reunion,  but Axl wants to tour and play some shows prior to that.  He could easily hire some touring musicians.  

There would be no point hiring band members, only to have a reunion in the future.   That may happen after the reunion.  Or if the reunion goes good.  It won't happen at all

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2015, 01:15:01 PM »

What about this?

"Hey so and so, would you like to join guns n roses for 20 date summe fall tour in 2016.   You can play guitar.  There is no expectation for you to continue on in the future or record any new music with us.  If there is work past these dates, we will let you know"

There is a huge difference between being a hired band Berber, a touring band member and a full time band member

If there is plans for a future reunion,  but Axl wants to tour and play some shows prior to that.  He could easily hire some touring musicians.  

There would be no point hiring band members, only to have a reunion in the future.   That may happen after the reunion.  Or if the reunion goes good.  It won't happen at all

I would also offer up, if there is a planned reunion in, say, 2017...and Axl wants GnR to tour in 2016...there is NO EARTHLY WAY, IMHO, he can tell people about the future reunion plans.  Not promoters, not fans, not media...NOBODY (OK, except the inner circle/keeper of the secrets).  Because every single person is going to make decisions based on that future reunion plan.  IMHO, he'd sell less tickets, have less promoter interest, and the ONLY thing any media would want to discuss would be the future reunion plans. 

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2015, 01:18:16 PM »

What about this?

I would also offer up, if there is a planned reunion in, say, 2017...and Axl wants GnR to tour in 2016...there is NO EARTHLY WAY, IMHO, he can tell people about the future reunion plans.  Not promoters, not fans, not media...NOBODY (OK, except the inner circle/keeper of the secrets).  Because every single person is going to make decisions based on that future reunion plan.  IMHO, he'd sell less tickets, have less promoter interest, and the ONLY thing any media would want to discuss would be the future reunion plans. 

I don't buy for a second they could even be considering doing that....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Tongue-like-a-razor
Headliner

A sweet switch-blade knife...

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2015, 01:23:29 PM »

If all of this ends up with two New guys on guitar: Harry Whatshisnameagain & Neil Neverheardofhim - The band will never rise to its former glory. Only the inclusion of two of the original and WELL KNOWN band members can make that happen.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2015, 01:36:11 PM »

I don't buy for a second they could even be considering doing that....

I don't discount anything, anymore.

I agree to some extent, though...it's not the scenario (regardless of the dirt sheet rumors) I think most likely.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2015, 01:38:52 PM »

If all of this ends up with two New guys on guitar: Harry Whatshisnameagain & Neil Neverheardofhim - The band will never rise to its former glory. Only the inclusion of two of the original and WELL KNOWN band members can make that happen.

See, the assumption here is that "rising to it's former glory" is what Axl's all about, and what his intent is.

I'm not sure that's a safe assumption, reunion or no.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2015, 02:15:24 PM »

Yeah, but that has been the case for the past 15 years.  Few outside of us even entertain the motion they are on that level with replacement parts.  And even amongst us, its hardly universal.

If he rolls out 2 more randos, I assume its to do Appetite For Residency III : Still Hungry

And if that's the case, the two guys can be anyone, literally anyone.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2015, 04:08:00 PM »

if the old GNR reunites.... where do I sign up for the wait of the New GNR reunion?

I come and yell 'where's buckethead' with u.

Hahahaha

In Axl's ass, I assume.

rofl

Another question will be if you guys show up wearing a Buckethead shirt. Will Axl call Mr Security man to kick you out?

Wink

Nah! Axl loves Bucket, there's a clip of a KFC hitting the LOndon O2 stage, King Dick didn't stamp on it  Grin
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2015, 05:21:47 PM »

See, the assumption here is that "rising to it's former glory" is what Axl's all about, and what his intent is.

Definitely this ^^ good point.

Also, the music landscape and Industry as well as society is vastly different than  in the late 80's early 90's- there have been sweeping changes, and not for the better IMO.

The people longing for "former glory" may want to take this into consideration- people don't even listen to entire albums anymore.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:23:51 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2015, 05:36:45 PM »

I think it was at a certain moment, but not anymore.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2015, 06:13:07 PM »

Axl may not let getting back in the spotlight dominate his motivations, but I wouldn't totally discount them either.

I just want to make sure we don't get too entranced by how he's the artiest artist that was ever artful, and be so wrapped up in keeping that street cred going, that we could totally dismiss what is a natural human feeling.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2015, 06:15:23 PM »

Definitely this ^^ good point.

Also, the music landscape and Industry as well as society is vastly different than  in the late 80's early 90's- there have been sweeping changes, and not for the better IMO.

The people longing for "former glory" may want to take this into consideration- people don't even listen to entire albums anymore.

This point here is extremely under-stated in todays music landscape.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: