Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:04:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  So is Tommy in or out (your opinions)?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So is Tommy in or out (your opinions)?  (Read 13761 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2015, 07:46:15 PM »

And i think rons "good intentions" totally backfired.

I agree.

Personally, I didn't even know who he was before his first show in 2006 and don't give one fuck about him since he left.

But some of the guys that have come through the revolving door were able to grab some GNR fans who then took interest in their own work.  I think he really poisoned that well.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2015, 09:40:13 PM »

I think Ron had good intentions, but in the end his desire to "be on the fans' side" looked quite unprofessional. Not that the fans might have been right about some things, but if you're a member of a band you're supposed to stick together and "speak with one voice".

I think ron had good intentions to raise rons profile in the gnr community, so ron could hopefully sell more albums. I dont thnk ron was trying to serve the fanbase, or do anything more than serve rons own best interests.

And i think rons "good intentions" totally backfired.

And...for the record..i think ron totally played the gnr camp..and fanbase (because he knew the camp would likely react with silence) just like he plays that giant foot shaped guitar.

Great synopsis, I agree with this completely- as I do the majority of your posts.

Nice insight  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: