Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:35:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Excitement around the band
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Excitement around the band  (Read 8818 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2015, 12:04:44 PM »

Thank you. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2015, 12:16:41 PM »

You're welcome.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2015, 12:34:57 PM »

Not everybody has invested all their feelings/excitement in that one album.

/jarmo

I think I would keel over from excitement if anything happened at this point. The above posters mention about Ax coming out of nowhere with a piano and some new songs, for me that would almost be the best case scenario though.

Man, that would be amazing. Id love to see something like that. Get the GNR name, the record company, the problems with band members and all the rest of it all out of the way, and just let him do his thing. See how it goes. See what he can do on his own. Im of the opinion that it would likely be the most epic thing music has seen in a long time.

yES Sr.

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2015, 12:38:11 PM »

/jarmo

I think I would keel over from excitement if anything happened at this point. The above posters mention about Ax coming out of nowhere with a piano and some new songs, for me that would almost be the best case scenario though.

Man, that would be amazing. Id love to see something like that. Get the GNR name, the record company, the problems with band members and all the rest of it all out of the way, and just let him do his thing. See how it goes. See what he can do on his own. Im of the opinion that it would likely be the most epic thing music has seen in a long time.

yES Sr.

beer

I think that would be great as well...but the idea of Axl doing that on his own without all the baggage that the GNR name brings is always met with push back.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2015, 12:46:58 PM »

/jarmo

yES Sr.

beer

I think that would be great as well...but the idea of Axl doing that on his own without all the baggage that the GNR name brings is always met with push back.

Is The History Of Guns N' Roses

ok

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2015, 12:52:55 PM »

/jarmo

yES Sr.

beer

ok

No clue what you mean   Grin

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2015, 12:56:36 PM »

/jarmo

yES Sr.

beer

ok

No clue what you mean   Grin

AJjaJA, Ok, Cheers

beer

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2015, 02:34:01 PM »

It would be interesting.  Not sure about it being the best thing ever.

But that push back is real, and I think, well reasoned.  The obvious question is going to be that if he was cool with going that route, then explain the last 20 years. 

And that's a legit question.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2015, 06:36:11 PM »

But that push back is real, and I think, well reasoned.  The obvious question is going to be that if he was cool with going that route, then explain the last 20 years. 

He said his solo stuff would be very different-

Axl: "Why keep the name? I'm literally the last man standing. Not bragging, not proud. It's been a fucking nightmare but I didn't leave GUNS and I didn't drive others out. With Slash, it's been nothing more than pure strategy and saving face while manipulating the public like he used to me. I earned the right to protect my efforts and to be able to take advantage of our contract I'd worked hard for where Slash's exact words were that he didn't care. I get that some like a different version or lineup the same way some like a specific team line up or a particular year of a specific car but because you and I are getting played I'm supposed to throw the baby out with the bath water?"

Q: What do you think about people that say "Chinese Democracy" should have been a solo album instead of using the name GUNS N' ROSES?

Axl: "I didn't make a solo record. A solo record would be completely different than this and probably much more instrumental. I made a GUNS record with the right people who were the only people who really wanted to help me try, were qualified and capable while enduring the public abuse for years . The songs were chosen by everyone involved. I didn't want to do 'This I Love' in any way shape or form, and Robin [Finck, current GUNS guitarist] and Caram [Costanzo; co-producer] insisted gaining Tommy's [Stinson, bass] and the others' support. There's been a lot of pressure to go with using my name (all external) but that never felt right to me for this band and the parameters in regard to this music have lots more to do with the mindset of GUNS than something else. The instrumental I wrote for 'End of Days' that's more a solo effort, at least presently.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-why-i-am-continung-to-use-name-guns-n-roses/#ImByVA1VQHUmSPPU.99

-also I would love to someday hear this experimental piece-

Axl: Because that's all it was, only at the time having just got it together only Jimmy Iovine [music producer, entrepreneur and chairman of Interscope-Geffen-A&M] knew that who wanted it to sell their soundtrack ["End of Days", released in 1999]. I saw segments of the movie which were good. As a whole later not so much, but it wasn't ready yet then. I did write an experimental piece inspired by the bits I'd seen called "Daddy Can the Devil do Mommy and Me?"

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2015, 07:11:52 PM »

He said his solo stuff would be very different-

Axl: "Why keep the name? I'm literally the last man standing. Not bragging, not proud. It's been a fucking nightmare but I didn't leave GUNS and I didn't drive others out. With Slash, it's been nothing more than pure strategy and saving face while manipulating the public like he used to me. I earned the right to protect my efforts and to be able to take advantage of our contract I'd worked hard for where Slash's exact words were that he didn't care. I get that some like a different version or lineup the same way some like a specific team line up or a particular year of a specific car but because you and I are getting played I'm supposed to throw the baby out with the bath water?"

Q: What do you think about people that say "Chinese Democracy" should have been a solo album instead of using the name GUNS N' ROSES?

Axl: "I didn't make a solo record. A solo record would be completely different than this and probably much more instrumental. I made a GUNS record with the right people who were the only people who really wanted to help me try, were qualified and capable while enduring the public abuse for years . The songs were chosen by everyone involved. I didn't want to do 'This I Love' in any way shape or form, and Robin [Finck, current GUNS guitarist] and Caram [Costanzo; co-producer] insisted gaining Tommy's [Stinson, bass] and the others' support. There's been a lot of pressure to go with using my name (all external) but that never felt right to me for this band and the parameters in regard to this music have lots more to do with the mindset of GUNS than something else. The instrumental I wrote for 'End of Days' that's more a solo effort, at least presently.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-why-i-am-continung-to-use-name-guns-n-roses/#ImByVA1VQHUmSPPU.99

-also I would love to someday hear this experimental piece-

Axl: Because that's all it was, only at the time having just got it together only Jimmy Iovine [music producer, entrepreneur and chairman of Interscope-Geffen-A&M] knew that who wanted it to sell their soundtrack ["End of Days", released in 1999]. I saw segments of the movie which were good. As a whole later not so much, but it wasn't ready yet then. I did write an experimental piece inspired by the bits I'd seen called "Daddy Can the Devil do Mommy and Me?"

Agree:

Axl Rose Is The Creator And Founder Of Guns N' Roses

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: