Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:30:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Excitement around the band
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Excitement around the band  (Read 8814 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: December 02, 2015, 01:33:37 PM »

Anyone else have a 2006 sort of feeling creeping up on them?

The circumstances aren't the same, but I feel something's in the air. Reunion or no reunion, I'm just waiting for Axl to stop by Eddie's radio show to shoot the shit any day now! Haha

Even if the album didn't come out in 2006, I feel that was the most exciting year of GNR in the past 20 years.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 01:37:48 PM »

Even if the album didn't come out in 2006, I feel that was the most exciting year of GNR in the past 20 years.

I 100% agree with this.  It was the best year since the relaunch.

2002 left such a bad taste.  But to then have Axl come back 4 years later in far better voice, it seemed like he was ready.  And the night he showed up at Trunk was surreal.  I still recall him calling in and you could hear the band playing in the background.  Legit excitement.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 01:48:34 PM »

Yeah, isolated the 2001 comeback ranks highest in my book but as a period of time 2006 was an awesome time to be a fan.

It didn't hurt that Axl came back singing as good as he ever did either.

Sweetness is a virtue
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 03:15:26 PM »

2002 left such a bad taste.  But to then have Axl come back 4 years later in far better voice, it seemed like he was ready.  And the night he showed up at Trunk was surreal.  I still recall him calling in and you could hear the band playing in the background.  Legit excitement.
There were a few good 2002 shows

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 07:48:18 PM »

I think 2002 was much more appreciated as time went on. 2006 was a special year for the fans and the band. 2006 had the most shows played by GNR with any line up.

I hope the next run can be as good.

AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 08:40:01 PM »

I think 2002 was much more appreciated as time went on. 2006 was a special year for the fans and the band. 2006 had the most shows played by GNR with any line up.

I hope the next run can be as good.
There return in 2009 or 2006 was way more needed than the 2001 return, but when they returned they were still very popular. I hope they gain that popularity back. I just like 2002 because he is more active on stage.

-HugeAxlfan
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 08:42:12 PM »

This is why I love it though

http://youtu.be/cA8WTRuSd8I

Waay better than 2012- version
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:43:43 PM by AHUGEAxlFan » Logged

-HugeAxlfan
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 10:31:09 PM »

I think 2002 was much more appreciated as time went on.

I think the new songs sound great.  But the old songs sounded a little off to me with the clean vocals.

But, I also think it was just because the old songs seemed so different after 10 years listening to bootlegs.  The new songs were able to be judged, brand new.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 12:09:55 AM »

The circumstances aren't the same, but I feel something's in the air. Reunion or no reunion, I'm just waiting for Axl to stop by Eddie's radio show to shoot the shit any day now! Haha

definitely have that same kind of feeling. like some sort of tension is building up. its awesome! cant wait to see where this all goes.

I think 2002 was much more appreciated as time went on.

I think the new songs sound great.  But the old songs sounded a little off to me with the clean vocals.

But, I also think it was just because the old songs seemed so different after 10 years listening to bootlegs.  The new songs were able to be judged, brand new.

its so awesome to be able to hear new music from a band you love. you go through all these different stages... first impressions... then after a listen or 2 you have one or 2 favorites... then another one starts growing on you, maybe one you didnt even like much at first... next thing you know its your new favorite, especially since you played the other 2 to death by that time... oh man. being a virgin again through a new album you love is so rad. nothing like it. its been a long time for me. last thing i got off on like that was neil young when i checked out his catalogue after mortis brought him up so many times. that was almost a year ago i think. for all the disagreements we had, i did get that one awesome thing out of him. strange how that works.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:14:01 AM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 09:49:24 PM »

Dear lord.  Excitement?  Around "the band?"  What band?
I'm a huge fan of everything GNR...but could it look any darker?
There is no functioning band that we know of.
Members have come and gone.
Hell, I'd pay to hear Axl show up with a piano and a mic solo.  No overhead.  No lights.  Just performing music of any kind.
Nothing indicates this (or anything else) will happen any time soon. (unfortunately)

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 06:54:43 AM »

Nothing indicates this (or anything else) will happen any time soon. (unfortunately)

Nothing indicates anything? Is it just me or is GNR in the news practically every day these days?

Oh yes!

I compared these days to what I hope will be some sort of 2006-excitement. In case you forgot, 2005 came before 2006.. a period that was way darker than this. Virtually NO news about the band that had just disappeared after a Dec. 5 2002 concert in New York...

Sweetness is a virtue
Princess Leia
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 08:13:19 AM »

Nothing indicates anything? Is it just me or is GNR in the news practically every day these days?

Oh yes!

I compared these days to what I hope will be some sort of 2006-excitement. In case you forgot, 2005 came before 2006.. a period that was way darker than this. Virtually NO news about the band that had just disappeared after a Dec. 5 2002 concert in New York...

That?s the thing. We don?t have news about GN?R. We have rumors. I wish I could have the excitment I had back in 91 and 92.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 08:39:48 AM »

Oh yes!

That?s the thing. We don?t have news about GN?R. We have rumors. I wish I could have the excitment I had back in 91 and 92.

That's true. But it's not dead silent such as 2005.

Sweetness is a virtue
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 08:43:11 AM »

I think people got way too excited about the rumors regarding the festivals. I figured that a reunited GNR will make a statement on their own and not let a festival do it for them. I think we will definitely see a reunion. Too much smoke around it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 08:49:42 AM »

I think sometimes the festivals seem to get to make the announcement before the artists. It seems like it's part of the deal.

At least this has been the case with GN'R in the past.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2015, 09:25:35 AM »

Really?! Something as big as a reunited GNR?! I would have thought the opposite. I didn't realize that a festival would have that in a contract. Interesting.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2015, 09:28:29 AM »

Oh yes!

There have been longer and much darker times in GNR fandom than this.

I wish I had my car back from 91-92    Grin

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2015, 10:39:21 AM »

Really?! Something as big as a reunited GNR?! I would have thought the opposite. I didn't realize that a festival would have that in a contract. Interesting.

Obviously I don't know.

But it seems like it happens. Riot Fest announced the Replacements were playing their festival, and those were the first reunion shows they did....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2015, 03:04:40 AM »

I feel more excited than ever... more than 1999 to 2014. And have scare of that too, because my expectations are too big... expecially with our frontman.

I send positive energy to him... to his almost 54 years old!

You are the number ONE MOTHERFUCKER!. Dont forget that!

And make a twitt soon.

axlvai
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2015, 04:31:49 AM »

Obviously I don't know.

But it seems like it happens. Riot Fest announced the Replacements were playing their festival, and those were the first reunion shows they did....

/jarmo

In GnR's case it would be a business deal, they make another half million and the festival gets the credit and makes a few $ too - follow the money
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: