Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:54:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 104746 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #400 on: December 08, 2015, 09:03:40 PM »

Those are extreme and sociopathic cases. Many Trolls simply post statements to intentionally get a rise out of people like you do on a continual basis here.

OK, well...you asked me a genuine question, so I'll ask you one.

Do you bear any responsibility for taking the bait?  If you determine someone is only out to rile people up, why even acknowledge them?

You do have a point, I'm sure that at least one person here is definitely looking for an emotional response to the idiocy they post, I'll refrain from naming names because I don't think that goes anywhere positive.

You don't like my lectures, and my oft repeated phrases- I don't like your constant criticisms and slanted rhetoric regarding the band.

That is the real crux of the conflict- 2 completely different viewpoints and outlooks.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #401 on: December 08, 2015, 09:10:59 PM »

You don't like my lectures, and my oft repeated phrases- I don't like your constant criticisms and slanted rhetoric regarding the band.

That is the real crux of the conflict- 2 completely different viewpoints and outlooks.

I agree.

But can't we just acknowledge that going in, and avoid the preamble to each post? 

I think we're all fairly clear you think I'm an entitled whiner, and I doubt people have much doubt I think you have the most uncritical eye of alltime.

Doesn't mean we can't still have a nice chat though.  At least, I think we can.  Not just us, anybody on opposites sides of this divide.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #402 on: December 08, 2015, 09:14:03 PM »

Those are extreme and sociopathic cases. Many Trolls simply post statements to intentionally get a rise out of people like you do on a continual basis here.

Do you bear any responsibility for taking the bait?  If you determine someone is only out to rile people up, why even acknowledge them?

A better question would be, rather then talking generically about trolls and whiners and making wide ranging assumptions regarding these people... perhaps can she name them? and give some examples of the trolling? ...

otherwise its just fluff.

No, I feel you are being disingenuous and simply looking to stir shit, for lack of a better term.

It wouldn't accomplish anything positive, and I think realistically we all know who is who.

Not falling for this bait.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #403 on: December 08, 2015, 09:32:18 PM »

I agree.

But can't we just acknowledge that going in, and avoid the preamble to each post? 

I think we're all fairly clear you think I'm an entitled whiner, and I doubt people have much doubt I think you have the most uncritical eye of alltime.

Doesn't mean we can't still have a nice chat though.  At least, I think we can.  Not just us, anybody on opposites sides of this divide.

I imagine we will continue not to see eye to eye on most things concerning GNR- what you perceive as non critical is in actuality my genuine and sincere enjoyment, appreciation of the band. It isn't phony nor contrived.

GNR is a polarizing band, it elicits strong feelings and always has, so it is no surprise the fans are intense as well.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:36:54 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #404 on: December 08, 2015, 09:39:49 PM »

GNR is a polarizing band, it elicits strong feelings and always has, so it is no surprise the fans are intense as well.

Very accurate.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #405 on: December 08, 2015, 09:41:50 PM »

I agree.

sometimes this forum seems like a war of people trying to spread influence or spam their opinion, be it "positive"or "negative". but its so boring and repetitive engaging in that kind of war, where the point just seems to be to try and have the last word. and thats what seems to fill most of the forum. very predictable stuff... you basically dont even have to read it to know where its gonna go. you can almost just read the names and fill in the blanks. the conversations havent really changed much since i first came here. i think i joined close to when the hiatus began.

im so jealous of everyone that got to discuss the tours while they were taking place, or cd when it first came out. that must have been so much fun.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #406 on: December 08, 2015, 09:49:02 PM »

A better question would be, rather then talking generically about trolls and whiners and making wide ranging assumptions regarding these people... perhaps can she name them? and give some examples of the trolling? ...

No, I feel you are being disingenuous and simply looking to stir shit, for lack of a better term.

It wouldn't accomplish anything positive, and I think realistically we all know who is who.

There you go again..... even when trying to engage you in a productive conversation to try and reach some sort of middle ground, you cant help yourself but to engage me in a hostile way.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #407 on: December 08, 2015, 10:43:55 PM »

I have to ask Emily and DX were either of you on your high school debate teams because between the two of you, you 2 would have been ahead of the class  ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #408 on: December 09, 2015, 03:31:38 AM »

I have explained many times on here what kind of fan i consider myself. Its fairly simple and i am confused as to how anyone can be offended or see it as a negative thing. I want Slash, Duff, steven or matt, Izzy or Gilby back on stage with Axl, These guys IMO are the ones who gave me the best music this band has churned out, and/or performances of the band i am interested in. If that doesnt happen... and Guns come back to my country, ill still buy my ticket and SUPPORT the band, just as i have done before. I will still enjoy Axl belting out the classics, and ill still enjoy the show.

Would i be as impressed as if it was Johnny no name up there again with axl compared to Slash and Duff and the other guys from AFD or UYI line ups? Nup.. not even close.. but i wont be standing there bagging them out either.

I dont see how thats whinging and whining... it just is what it is for me.. as a fan. I know not everyone will see it this way and thats fine. But i cant be the only one who is singing to this tune?  Cheesy

Like I said, if you kept repeating that for 20 years, it would get tiring. You disagree? Fine.

Well, then its a good thing you don't go to just about every other GNR forum on the net, because sentiment is all over the place at those spots.

But not here.  That's why I was asking if you had an example.  You are 100% accurate those people exist.  But elsewhere, not here.

Yes, that was one example of the kind of people who have conditions on whether or not they'll be supporting GN'R or not.

And I think its unfair to hang that label on anyone here because I don't think it applies.  Just because someone doesn't walk around saying how exciting it is to be a GNR fan and how Axl Rose is the greatest guy ever at all times, that doesn't make them a troll or a hater like you'd see on the other sites.

No, but this attitude can also get tiring.
When the person is so focused on not thinking any positive thoughts at all....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #409 on: December 09, 2015, 06:29:53 AM »

But considering some of the "superfans" (to borrow your term from this morning) I can't see why they would even engage him.  Where was that conversation really going?

Again, on that last bit: Sometimes it takes a bit to ferret out.

But I imagine they respond for the same reason we all respond here: To make our opinions known.  I mean, I don't think anyone has any delusions that we're going to change the other persons mind.

And if you say: Well, shouldn't they know how that's going to end...I'd turn that right back around to you.  I don't consider you a troll, but...you have to have a pretty good idea what the result of some of your expressed opinions are going to be, before you hit the post button. Right? I mean...history.  So...why continue to post, even though you know what's coming?  And no, I'm not suggesting you shouldn't post, or even that you should self censor what you post. I'm just turning the mirror back around.  Your answer is probably THEIR answer...or something close to it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #410 on: December 09, 2015, 07:13:42 AM »

There you go again..... even when trying to engage you in a productive conversation to try and reach some sort of middle ground, you cant help yourself but to engage me in a hostile way.

It wasn't productive at all to want me to "list names of trolls and examples of their trolling" it was bait and would not have lead to a productive conversation nor anywhere positive.

You aren't fooling anyone.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #411 on: December 09, 2015, 07:17:00 AM »

I have to ask Emily and DX were either of you on your high school debate teams because between the two of you, you 2 would have been ahead of the class  ok

Haha-
Thank you, Debate wasn't offered as an elective when I was in high school.  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #412 on: December 09, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »

Haha-
Thank you, Debate wasn't offered as an elective when I was in high school.  ok

Yeah, mine never had one either.

We did have a mathletes team.  But if there was one thing I was even worse at than being an athlete, it was math.

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #413 on: December 09, 2015, 04:37:58 PM »

Haters and trolls are the people who say genuinely mean and/or hate-filled stuff about Axl, or spread rumors about him which either belittle or slander him. One troll on another board tried to spread a rumor that Axl was "gay" all over the net and provided people with Del's and Beta's cell numbers freely, for instance, a while back.

So, am I, in your eyes, not a GN'R fan or something? Define a "troll"? My words may disturb, but at least there's a reaction. At least what I say gets people talking. It isn't so much about attention for myself, but stirring the pot to get people talking about a band I happen to really love. Axl Rose is my hero. But that doesn't mean I can't disagree with my hero or even be pissed off at him; "Kill your idols" and the general message he was trying to say with that t-shirt; "Don't hail me and don't idolize the ink." I don't think Axl would want anyone blindly kissing his ass, and I don't intend to do that. If I get a rise out of people who will hurt the man by telling him everything he does is okay, even if it is objectively harming his career and legacy, well, that's on you, not on me. I'll call Axl out for making what I see as bad choices, the same way I'll call out the people who are out to destroy his reputation as well. If that makes me a "troll" or a "hater", so be it. But, I evangelize Guns everywhere I go.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #414 on: December 09, 2015, 04:43:11 PM »

Why do you hate GN'R?

Or do you want me to post this theory on some other site so you won't see it?

rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #415 on: December 09, 2015, 04:55:25 PM »

Long Live Troll's !!!

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #416 on: December 09, 2015, 05:06:24 PM »

Why do you hate GN'R?

Or do you want me to post this theory on some other site so you won't see it?

rofl

/jarmo

No, post your theory why I 'hate GN'R'. It would honestly somehow explain why I spent money on GN'R CDs, DVDs, and concert tickets over the years, defended Axl on numerous boards and have done my best to get others to love the band. But, by all means, go ahead. By the way, I never claimed you hate GN'R as a whole. It is simply my belief that you hate Slash and Duff and don't want to see a reunion, and that you would do anything in your power to stop it from happening as you fear a reunion would erase the last 15 or so years.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #417 on: December 09, 2015, 05:07:50 PM »

Define a "troll"?

Here?

Anyone telling you something you don't want to hear, and/or asking uncomfortable questions that some prefer never get brought up.

"This is a fan site!"

Yes, it is.  But to some, its also a place people want to come to hide from such things.  Such..."troll behavior".

For the record, there are only a handful that throw out the troll label.  Well, their take on the term, anyway.  But what I just said applies to every single one of them.

Is what it is.  Ain't gonna be changing anytime soon either.  Just roll with it.  You can't fight city hall, as they say.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #418 on: December 09, 2015, 05:08:43 PM »

Cherry, I think you are 100% wrong. I think Jarmo supports Guns in whatever capacity Axl sees fit.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #419 on: December 09, 2015, 05:10:36 PM »

Cherry, I think you are 100% wrong. I think Jarmo supports Guns in whatever capacity Axl sees fit.

I think hes got a point.

I dont think Jarmo hates Slash or Duff.... but i sure as shit think he prefers the CD era to anything that came before it.

He will dispute this of course, but his day to day behavior on here lends itself to that school of thought for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: