Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 10:31:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 105037 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #380 on: December 08, 2015, 06:13:47 PM »

Ahhh... none of us are ever "gunna be out". Some of us have preferences tho  Smiley

You mean just hanging onto the notion that one day things might go your way?

/jarmo

Thanks a lot, jarmo. You just stuck that wilson philips song in my head.,

Grrrrrr.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #381 on: December 08, 2015, 06:19:54 PM »

So you know what the point of my joke was?  Or is that your interpretation of how you received my joke?  I ask because 2 posts above you note how creepy it is when people tell you why you think the way you do.

Ok, I'll give you a chance. Explain to all of us why you'd make such a post aimed at Emily.
Why, out of all people, did you post that to one person who's explained to you and others the meaning of original...

Sorry if I offend you by using logic. I know, it's sometimes lost.

Awaiting your response.  ok

I'm being serious here, totally disregarding the fact that normally I'd just think you're being a smart ass again!

/jarmo

Seriously?  It was a first cup of coffee at work post.  Meant only as a harmless joke (that Emily hasn?t responded tells me she gets that).  You seem to be the only one who took it as a shit stirring quality moment.

I responded directly to Emily because (a) she talked about her ?first GNR show? and (b) she, and others (but primarily her) touts the fact that only Axl and Izzy are ?original? members of Guns (and not Slash, Duff, and Steven).  To what end is debatable, but nowhere did I disparage or troll her.  Fuck, I didn?t even use any bad words. (FYI, that was also meant as humor). 

On the joke to troll spectrum, this is clearly on the joke side.  And, while we?re at it, there are true trolls here (sometimes).  I?m not one of them. 

I would have responded but I was out doing my Festivus shopping and trying not to get run over by taxis Cheesy

Only saw the Appetite and beyond lineups, never saw
the original.

FWIW I don't consider you a full-blooded troll.  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #382 on: December 08, 2015, 06:21:52 PM »

Are people not allowed to hope for things to happen with this band now?

I've been holding out for a reunion for years.... i'll happily admit to that.  Cheesy

Depends, if you spend 20 years whining about it while posting shit about what's actually happening. Some of us might find you tiring.

Cheesy

/jarmo

ahhhh back to that old line hey.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #383 on: December 08, 2015, 06:35:58 PM »

Every one of us has preferences and things we'd like to happen, I imagine.  All different.

But I struggle to think of even one person here issuing ultimatums and threats if they don't get their way.  Has that happened somewhere?

Just because not everyone can smile through the shit sandwich they are served doesn't mean they want to stop eating altogether.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #384 on: December 08, 2015, 06:45:19 PM »

Grrrrrr.....

Was that on the US Top 20 Countdown presented by Adam Curry?

Yeah, fact of life.

But I struggle to think of even one person here issuing ultimatums and threats if they don't get their way.  Has that happened somewhere?

You take everything literally and because you haven't seen it, it doesn't exist.

No, people don't post things like "If this guy is fired, I will like the band again". But there seems to be some who are selective regarding when/if/how they want GN'R to continue.
That's their choice. Their loss in my opinion.

But like I was telling Oscar, not to be confused with Oscar the grouch, if that kind of people spent the last two decades going on about how they won't buy a ticket until their guy comes back into the fold, it would be somewhat tiring and boring to listen to....  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #385 on: December 08, 2015, 06:54:28 PM »

We've been served a shit sandwich   Cheesy

classic one liner right there!  Wink hahaha
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #386 on: December 08, 2015, 07:00:39 PM »

Grrrrrr.....

Was that on the US Top 20 Countdown presented by Adam Curry?

Yeah, fact of life.

You take everything literally and because you haven't seen it, it doesn't exist.

No, people don't post things like "If this guy is fired, I will like the band again". But there seems to be some who are selective regarding when/if/how they want GN'R to continue.
That's their choice. Their loss in my opinion.

But like I was telling Oscar, not to be confused with Oscar the grouch, if that kind of people spent the last two decades going on about how they won't buy a ticket until their guy comes back into the fold, it would be somewhat tiring and boring to listen to
....  Smiley

/jarmo

Hehehe my boy has Oscar the Grouch Onesies.. they're the best ;-)

Look seriously... Yes i am a reunionist, but i hardly fall into the category that you posted above.

I have explained many times on here what kind of fan i consider myself. Its fairly simple and i am confused as to how anyone can be offended or see it as a negative thing. I want Slash, Duff, steven or matt, Izzy or Gilby back on stage with Axl, These guys IMO are the ones who gave me the best music this band has churned out, and/or performances of the band i am interested in. If that doesnt happen... and Guns come back to my country, ill still buy my ticket and SUPPORT the band, just as i have done before. I will still enjoy Axl belting out the classics, and ill still enjoy the show.

Would i be as impressed as if it was Johnny no name up there again with axl compared to Slash and Duff and the other guys from AFD or UYI line ups? Nup.. not even close.. but i wont be standing there bagging them out either.

I dont see how thats whinging and whining... it just is what it is for me.. as a fan. I know not everyone will see it this way and thats fine. But i cant be the only one who is singing to this tune?  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 07:09:35 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #387 on: December 08, 2015, 07:25:06 PM »

But like I was telling Oscar, not to be confused with Oscar the grouch, if that kind of people spent the last two decades going on about how they won't buy a ticket until their guy comes back into the fold, it would be somewhat tiring and boring to listen to.... 

Well, then its a good thing you don't go to just about every other GNR forum on the net, because sentiment is all over the place at those spots.

But not here.  That's why I was asking if you had an example.  You are 100% accurate those people exist.  But elsewhere, not here.

And I think its unfair to hang that label on anyone here because I don't think it applies.  Just because someone doesn't walk around saying how exciting it is to be a GNR fan and how Axl Rose is the greatest guy ever at all times, that doesn't make them a troll or a hater like you'd see on the other sites.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #388 on: December 08, 2015, 07:31:16 PM »

But like I was telling Oscar, not to be confused with Oscar the grouch, if that kind of people spent the last two decades going on about how they won't buy a ticket until their guy comes back into the fold, it would be somewhat tiring and boring to listen to.... 

Well, then its a good thing you don't go to just about every other GNR forum on the net, because sentiment is all over the place at those spots.

But not here.  That's why I was asking if you had an example.  You are 100% accurate those people exist.  But elsewhere, not here.

And I think its unfair to hang that label on anyone here because I don't think it applies.  Just because someone doesn't walk around saying how exciting it is to be a GNR fan and how Axl Rose is the greatest guy ever at all times, that doesn't make them a troll or a hater like you'd see on the other sites.

Would be interesting to obtain your definition of a troll/hater.

Do you see how some people would get tired of hearing constant complaints and criticisms, and the same tired non arguments from the same circle of members?

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #389 on: December 08, 2015, 07:34:38 PM »

Do you see how some people would get tired of hearing constant complaints and criticisms, and the same tired non arguments from the same circle of members?

I dont follow ur logic for the bolded part?

How is anything a "non-argument".. if in fact.. there is 2 sides arguing over something?

Roll Eyes Undecided
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #390 on: December 08, 2015, 07:39:24 PM »

I dont follow ur logic for the bolded part?

How is anything a "non-argument".. if in fact.. there is 2 sides arguing over something?

Roll Eyes Undecided

The recurrent regurgitations on The Name, The non-arguments on what constitutes  the "original" line up, the set list whining and topics like this that are recycled ad nauseum-

Some people like to cry about these topics on a cyclical basis.
 crying

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #391 on: December 08, 2015, 07:41:44 PM »

No more so than the same tired lectures.  If being anti-repetition is the real goal, that might be something to take a second look at.  Maybe lead by example on that front.

How would I define a troll or a hater?  Well, I think the people Jarmo is describing would apply.  Someone who only wants one specific line-up and accepts no substitutions, for instance.  Or someone throwing up "Axl is fat" memes.  Anyone not interested in anything they do in the present or the future and only want to talk about how "epic" the Ritz show was...in 1988.

Is any of that happening here?  Not really.

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #392 on: December 08, 2015, 08:04:22 PM »

Haters and trolls are the people who say genuinely mean and/or hate-filled stuff about Axl, or spread rumors about him which either belittle or slander him. One troll on another board tried to spread a rumor that Axl was "gay" all over the net and provided people with Del's and Beta's cell numbers freely, for instance, a while back.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #393 on: December 08, 2015, 08:14:16 PM »

No more so than the same tired lectures.  If being anti-repetition is the real goal, that might be something to take a second look at.  Maybe lead by example on that front.

How would I define a troll or a hater?  Well, I think the people Jarmo is describing would apply.  Someone who only wants one specific line-up and accepts no substitutions, for instance.  Or someone throwing up "Axl is fat" memes.  Anyone not interested in anything they do in the present or the future and only want to talk about how "epic" the Ritz show was...in 1988.

Is any of that happening here?  Not really.

So a conditional fan that always complains and demeans and disrespects the band/it's members and/or it's management would classify as a hater in your book?

No punch line here- genuine question.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #394 on: December 08, 2015, 08:16:26 PM »

Haters and trolls are the people who say genuinely mean and/or hate-filled stuff about Axl, or spread rumors about him which either belittle or slander him. One troll on another board tried to spread a rumor that Axl was "gay" all over the net and provided people with Del's and Beta's cell numbers freely, for instance, a while back.

Those are extreme and sociopathic cases. Many Trolls simply post statements to intentionally get a rise out of people like you do on a continual basis here.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #395 on: December 08, 2015, 08:17:52 PM »

So a conditional fan that always complains and demeans and disrespects the band/it's members and/or it's management would classify as a hater in your book?

No punch line here- genuine question.

If that's all they ever do?  Yes, I would say the label applies.

Better double check the "always" in that premise though.  Make sure that's really the right word to use.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #396 on: December 08, 2015, 08:19:39 PM »

Those are extreme and sociopathic cases. Many Trolls simply post statements to intentionally get a rise out of people like you do on a continual basis here.

OK, well...you asked me a genuine question, so I'll ask you one.

Do you bear any responsibility for taking the bait?  If you determine someone is only out to rile people up, why even acknowledge them?

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #397 on: December 08, 2015, 08:23:13 PM »

Do you bear any responsibility for taking the bait?  If you determine someone is only out to rile people up, why even acknowledge them?

A better question would be, rather then talking generically about trolls and whiners and making wide ranging assumptions regarding these people... perhaps can she name them? and give some examples of the trolling? ...

otherwise its just fluff.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #398 on: December 08, 2015, 08:25:19 PM »

I'm not going to answer for emily, here, but...sometimes it takes a bit to ferret it out.

The departed mortis was, for me, a good example.  Eventually, i just stopped engaging him because it was, to me, obvious why he was around. I suspected from the get go, gave him the benefit of the doubt for awhile, then......not worth it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #399 on: December 08, 2015, 08:34:32 PM »

The departed mortis was, for me, a good example.  Eventually, i just stopped engaging him because it was, to me, obvious why he was around. I suspected from the get go, gave him the benefit of the doubt for awhile, then......not worth it.

This is a dynamite example of exactly what I'm talking about.

I liked mortis, for the most part.  We shared a lot of similar opinions.  But sometimes, even I thought he got a little carried away.  I disagree with Jarmo too, but I never really thought the personal insults nor comparisons to fascist dictators was all that appropriate.  Its a message board about a rock band here.

But considering some of the "superfans" (to borrow your term from this morning) I can't see why they would even engage him.  Where was that conversation really going?

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: