Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 03:59:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 105706 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #300 on: December 07, 2015, 06:34:23 PM »

I kinda wouldn't mind that.

In this age when everybody needs to know everything about everybody, it would be kinda interesting if they kept the exact band line up a secret.
Like when they kept Bumblefoot a secret in 2006.

Bumblefoot was a guy struggling to be a household name in his own househould.

Not sure the return of the one of the great guitarists of his era, and the second most famous member in band history, is *quite* the same thing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #301 on: December 07, 2015, 06:36:52 PM »

Do I care what articles are saying? They write a lot of garbage already.

Maybe it's you who wants to have the interesting discussion again? "Original line up", "real GN'R" and other interesting discussions.  Huh

I would not give a damn about the sort of articles I described.  I doubt I'd disagree with them.

But I would be straight up lying if I said I was not terribly curious about how you would process all this, if it all comes together.  You've have a lot of plates to keep spinning, and have to grit your teeth through some possibly pretty unflattering takes on the matter.

It'll be a hoot.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #302 on: December 07, 2015, 11:56:13 PM »

In this age when everybody needs to know everything about everybody, it would be kinda interesting if they kept the exact band line up a secret.

Not sure the return of the one of the great guitarists of his era, and the second most famous member in band history, is *quite* the same thing.

Dude, don't go praising Slash like that. Don't you want to be on the right side?
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #303 on: December 08, 2015, 12:22:55 AM »

Young Emily has a few plates to spin as well.

It will be compelling viewing if this reunion goes ahead.
Princess Leia
« Reply #304 on: December 08, 2015, 04:07:59 AM »

Do I care what articles are saying? They write a lot of garbage already.

Maybe it's you who wants to have the interesting discussion again? "Original line up", "real GN'R" and other interesting discussions.  Huh

/jarmo

BBF wasn?t that much of a secret. We had rumors of him joining the band. DJ, that one was a good kept secret though. I have no problem with the camp keeping new band members a secret. But if that is the case they better deny reunion rumors.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #305 on: December 08, 2015, 06:30:25 AM »

No plates or spin at all except in your head.

First GNR show I saw was the AFD Lineup, have been a fan of all versions of GNR, and will continue to be a GNR fan.

Pretty simplistic concept to grasp, no idea why that would be "compelling."  confused
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:41:39 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #306 on: December 08, 2015, 06:41:43 AM »

So hiding somebody being in the band and letting it be a surprise isn't the same thing as doing the same thing again because it's not the same person.

I don't follow your logic.

Let me ask you again, if you don't announce who is playing say guitar, and it only becomes confirmed at the first show, how isn't that the same thing as when they kept Bumblefoot joining a secret?
Please explain. Doesn't really matter how famous the person is, if it's kept a secret! The keyword to focus on is secret, not famous. Smiley

Dude, don't go praising Slash like that. Don't you want to be on the right side?

I think you hate GN'R. Why?

But I would be straight up lying if I said I was not terribly curious about how you would process all this, if it all comes together.  You've have a lot of plates to keep spinning, and have to grit your teeth through some possibly pretty unflattering takes on the matter.

Vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time.... I heard that somewhere and rarely would I use a quote to respond, but it fits.  Wink

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:51:57 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #307 on: December 08, 2015, 07:11:14 AM »

I do find it amusing that some folks are viewing the reunion as an opportunity to "score points" in the board warrior fashion, and watch others potentially squirm.

In the entire history of "I told you so"s....that might be the weakest.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #308 on: December 08, 2015, 07:23:22 AM »

I do find it amusing that some folks are viewing the reunion as an opportunity to "score points" in the board warrior fashion, and watch others potentially squirm.

Yes.
Ironic that these people think the ones who've been with the band through all would somehow have problems if any of the old members ever re-joined the band. Makes no sense.
Never mind the fact that the one guy, that they've been cheering on and allegedly supporting in their own way for years, has been in the band since day one.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #309 on: December 08, 2015, 08:50:52 AM »

No plates or spin at all except in your head.

First GNR show I saw was the AFD Lineup, have been a fan of all versions of GNR, and will continue to be a GNR fan.

Pretty simplistic concept to grasp, no idea why that would be "compelling."  confused

Wait, so you never saw the original lineup?   Cheesy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #310 on: December 08, 2015, 08:53:56 AM »

Please stop trolling.

You got people complaining about her behavior only for you to do that.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #311 on: December 08, 2015, 09:05:58 AM »

Please stop trolling.

You got people complaining about her behavior only for you to do that.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Lighten up, homeboy.  That was a joke (hence the smiley face).  Wasn't it you who said we take things too seriously...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #312 on: December 08, 2015, 09:12:59 AM »

BBF wasn?t that much of a secret. We had rumors of him joining the band. DJ, that one was a good kept secret though. I have no problem with the camp keeping new band members a secret. But if that is the case they better deny reunion rumors.

Well, that's the way to shut it down, right?

Lot of interest in what Axl will do next, probably more so than in at least a decade plus.

Perhaps you come out and shoot down the rumors, and then while you have everyone's attention, you could announce who is in your band now.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #313 on: December 08, 2015, 09:14:12 AM »

Perhaps you don't do anything until the ink is dry on all fronts. ok

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #314 on: December 08, 2015, 09:15:29 AM »

I have seen the sentiment expressed that people hope any sort of reunion doesn't mean people will just pretend the last 20 years didn't happen and that the recent line-ups would still get their due.

I don't really see that happening.  I'm curious how that plays.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #315 on: December 08, 2015, 09:28:32 AM »

Lighten up, homeboy.  That was a joke (hence the smiley face).  Wasn't it you who said we take things too seriously...

I'm aware that it was a joke. But the point of the joke is just to stir shit up, again. Pretty bad timing considering the amount of posts that were spent whining about her yesterday, don't you think?
So....

I have seen the sentiment expressed that people hope any sort of reunion doesn't mean people will just pretend the last 20 years didn't happen and that the recent line-ups would still get their due.

Could you rephrase that please?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #316 on: December 08, 2015, 09:34:25 AM »

Could you rephrase that please?

If this reunion stuff pans out, and there are a bunch of articles written about how Axl "finally did the right thing" and stopped fucking around with scab line-ups.

How does that play?  Are people going to stomp their feet and get real defensive about the past 20 years?

Or, would they be happy enough things are moving again, they could bite their tongue and not feel the need to label every author that pens something along those lines a total hack who is misinformed?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #317 on: December 08, 2015, 09:34:47 AM »

I don't really see that happening.  I'm curious how that plays.

You singled out jarmo and said you were curious how he would "have to grit [his] teeth through some possibly pretty unflattering takes on the matter."  

That's making the story about jarmo, and not the band. And it's basically saying "Huh huh...can't wait to see what you have to do when you have to eat your words, dudebro..and let all the people you called "haters" run amok on the board! huh huh." in a slightly more passive aggressive way.

If that's not how you meant it..it's how it came out.

And then a similar bent was expressed re: Emily.

It is what it is.  I just think going THAT route is....well...sad, really.  That rather than react to the story, itself, you're practically doing the Snidely Whiplash in anticipation of watching the guy who runs a GnR message board react to the reactions to the story.

But..hey...whatever gets you through the night, I guess.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #318 on: December 08, 2015, 09:36:43 AM »

Great point pilferk...

If this reunion stuff pans out, and there are a bunch of articles written about how Axl "finally did the right thing" and stopped fucking around with scab line-ups.

How does that play?  Are people going to stomp their feet and get real defensive about the past 20 years?

Or, would they be happy enough things are moving again, they could bite their tongue and not feel the need to label every author that pens something along those lines a total hack who is misinformed?

Well, that's shitting on everything Axl and the band has done. It's disrespectful.

Don't you agree?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #319 on: December 08, 2015, 09:37:56 AM »

You singled out jarmo and said you were curious how he would "have to grit [his] teeth through some possibly pretty unflattering takes on the matter."

I happened to speaking to him when I said it, but that doesn't mean I think he would be alone on that front.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: