Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 10:48:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 105045 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #360 on: December 08, 2015, 03:09:15 PM »

I?m not asking Jarmo to ban her nor anyone. But if he is looking very seriously at what he is doing in that regard. That?s good enough for me  Grin

Oh hell, no.  In fact, if she were banned or even suspended I would lead the charge for it to be overturned.

Even at her worst, she's never done anything to warrant that kind of response.  That's crazy time.

Personally, having moderated boards myself, I know you can very easily have a word behind the scenes asking someone to cool out.  Doesn't have to be public.  Of course, that's only if you were truly interested in enforcing the rules fairly or not having your board junked up with antagonistic venom on the regular..  When you don't like her targets either, and you just sit back and laugh your ass off about the way she conducts herself...well, you probably aren't going to do that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #361 on: December 08, 2015, 03:12:10 PM »

So you know what the point of my joke was?  Or is that your interpretation of how you received my joke?  I ask because 2 posts above you note how creepy it is when people tell you why you think the way you do.

Ok, I'll give you a chance. Explain to all of us why you'd make such a post aimed at Emily.
Why, out of all people, did you post that to one person who's explained to you and others the meaning of original...

Sorry if I offend you by using logic. I know, it's sometimes lost.

Awaiting your response.  ok

I'm being serious here, totally disregarding the fact that normally I'd just think you're being a smart ass again!

/jarmo

Seriously?  It was a first cup of coffee at work post.  Meant only as a harmless joke (that Emily hasn?t responded tells me she gets that).  You seem to be the only one who took it as a shit stirring quality moment.

I responded directly to Emily because (a) she talked about her ?first GNR show? and (b) she, and others (but primarily her) touts the fact that only Axl and Izzy are ?original? members of Guns (and not Slash, Duff, and Steven).  To what end is debatable, but nowhere did I disparage or troll her.  Fuck, I didn?t even use any bad words. (FYI, that was also meant as humor). 

On the joke to troll spectrum, this is clearly on the joke side.  And, while we?re at it, there are true trolls here (sometimes).  I?m not one of them. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #362 on: December 08, 2015, 03:19:40 PM »

Yup, again, agree.

I mean...I feel like the old guy, in front of his house, shaking his fist and yelling at the kids to get off his lawn. But, in this case, I really fucking wish they'd get off my lawn. Wink

It just pisses me off what the media has, largely, become now. At least stateside. News for profit is a terrible, terrible trend.  I hope someday we figure out how to reverse it.  It fucks up so much stuff.....

Oh, it's not just in the States. The printed media is slowly disappearing and instead we get click bait "news".....

Seriously?  It was a first cup of coffee at work post.  Meant only as a harmless joke (that Emily hasn?t responded tells me she gets that).  You seem to be the only one who took it as a shit stirring quality moment.

I responded directly to Emily because (a) she talked about her ?first GNR show? and (b) she, and others (but primarily her) touts the fact that only Axl and Izzy are ?original? members of Guns (and not Slash, Duff, and Steven).  To what end is debatable, but nowhere did I disparage or troll her.  Fuck, I didn?t even use any bad words. (FYI, that was also meant as humor). 

On the joke to troll spectrum, this is clearly on the joke side.  And, while we?re at it, there are true trolls here (sometimes).  I?m not one of them. 

Ok, then I apologize.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #363 on: December 08, 2015, 03:23:10 PM »

This Was:

- BLACKFRIDAY -

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #364 on: December 08, 2015, 03:28:58 PM »

Oh, I don't think its persecution at all.  I just think you greatly enjoy yelling at me. 

Its why its the only kind of conversation we ever seem to have.  It's all you ever want.  You aren't the least bit unhappy with the dynamic we've got going on.

The point I was trying to make putting you on time out was that while it might amuse you to no end, I doubt its a super fun read for the gang here.

Nope. Don't enjoy yelling at anybody, don't enjoy removing stupid posts, don't enjoy banning people.

Do you wanna know what I want? I'd like to see you being able to take in something, consider it and post a response that involves some thought. That'd be nice!

But I'm not expecting it. Just like I'm not expecting you to respond to my questions when things get "difficult" for you, nor am I expecting you to admit being wrong.
Track records.

Regarding me not being unhappy or happy about it. More like "meh" about the situation. As far as I'm concerned, it's just another person trying to make a name for him-/herself on the Internet. They come and go. Nothing to get all emotional about. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #365 on: December 08, 2015, 03:35:42 PM »

Ok, then I apologize.

/jarmo

No worries, dude.  I'm really not as much of a dick as I get credit for.  D-X on the other hand... [again: joke]

I get (somewhat) that your troll-dar is high because you've been doing this for awhile and some people might say shit to pump up their online image in other forums.  Note:  that's super weird, on many levels.  Not me.  This is still the only GnR site I post on.  

What's funny is that we're really all on the same side [cue: sappy music, we're about to have a moment].  We have different means to get there, but one way or another we'd all like to hear new music and/or see GnR in concert.  There are varying levels of excitement for those things (e.g., some people would prefer a AFD reunion, others a new lineup, some CDII, some CD remix, etc.) but in the end we want Guns to continue.  
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #366 on: December 08, 2015, 03:41:44 PM »

No worries, dude.  I'm really not as much of a dick as I get credit for.  D-X on the other hand... [again: joke]

You MOTHERFUCKER!!

As for pumping up cred on other forums, does that really happen?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #367 on: December 08, 2015, 03:51:02 PM »

Absolutely nothing interesting has been said today.

Sometimes I find the back n forth amusing... but today it seems EXTRA unnecessary.

I was wearing my GNR hockey jersey last night.. and some random guy stopped me on the street and started screaming " DUDE!!!!! you know they are getting back together! "

I got a good chuckle out of it.

Fingers are cross for good news soon.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #368 on: December 08, 2015, 03:55:21 PM »

You MOTHERFUCKER!!

As for pumping up cred on other forums, does that really happen?

It really does.  I've seen it.  It's been awhile....I suspect mostly because I haven't been browsing other forums as much...but it does.

I remember mygnrforum, for example, when Madison was around...there was a whole shitstorm where folks were coming over here basically just to troll, and rile up the townsfolk.

And then they'd run back there, and badmouth jarmo when they got banned or disciplined or had their post deleted (which, honestly, was their whole point of posting here in the first place).

jarmo, if memory serves, even made a brief appearance over there to fight the good fight.

Same with the old chidem forums, at different times (less jarmos direct interaction, at least that I remember).

So, if you're asking "does it happen"...the answer is yes.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 03:56:55 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #369 on: December 08, 2015, 03:56:13 PM »

Absolutely nothing interesting has been said today.

Sometimes I find the back n forth amusing... but today it seems EXTRA unnecessary.

I was wearing my GNR hockey jersey last night.. and some random guy stopped me on the street and started screaming " DUDE!!!!! you know they are getting back together! "

I got a good chuckle out of it.

Fingers are cross for good news soon.

And that...that bit above that's bolded...that's been my point for awhile when I jump into the fray.

It's all a stupid distraction.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #370 on: December 08, 2015, 04:00:45 PM »

I get (somewhat) that your troll-dar is high because you've been doing this for awhile and some people might say shit to pump up their online image in other forums.  Note:  that's super weird, on many levels.  Not me.  This is still the only GnR site I post on.  

What's funny is that we're really all on the same side [cue: sappy music, we're about to have a moment].  We have different means to get there, but one way or another we'd all like to hear new music and/or see GnR in concert.  There are varying levels of excitement for those things (e.g., some people would prefer a AFD reunion, others a new lineup, some CDII, some CD remix, etc.) but in the end we want Guns to continue.  

Troll-dar.  hihi
Is there a Kickstarter for such thing?

Yeah, I agree most want GN'R to continue. But then some are on the fence. "If this doesn't happen this way, I'm not in!"...  Etc.
Bu that's another discussion.... Smiley

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #371 on: December 08, 2015, 04:12:17 PM »

Troll-dar.  hihi
Is there a Kickstarter for such thing?

Yeah, I agree most want GN'R to continue. But then some are on the fence. "If this doesn't happen this way, I'm not in!"...  Etc.
Bu that's another discussion.... Smiley

/jarmo

Ahhh... none of us are ever "gunna be out". Some of us have preferences tho  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #372 on: December 08, 2015, 04:23:56 PM »

hahaha what a hard read the last 3 pages was.  rofl

Talk about a mountain of dribble. So... we've established that friday wasnt the day. Weve established that D-GEN thinks Jarmo cares too much about what he writes, We've established Jarmo thinks this isnt the case, we've also established that Ginger isnt a troll.

I'd call that progress.  Cheesy

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #373 on: December 08, 2015, 04:25:58 PM »

Ahhh... none of us are ever "gunna be out". Some of us have preferences tho  Smiley

Really can't envision a scenario. 

Even if Axl put out spoken word poetry, not gonna lie, I'd give it a listen.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #374 on: December 08, 2015, 04:42:15 PM »

You mean just hanging onto the notion that one day things might go your way?

/jarmo

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #375 on: December 08, 2015, 04:45:02 PM »

You mean just hanging onto the notion that one day things might go your way?

/jarmo

^^ so what if thats the case?

Are people not allowed to hope for things to happen with this band now?

I've been holding out for a reunion for years.... i'll happily admit to that.  Cheesy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #376 on: December 08, 2015, 04:46:55 PM »

Are people not allowed to hope for things to happen with this band now?

I've been holding out for a reunion for years.... i'll happily admit to that.  Cheesy

Depends, if you spend 20 years whining about it while posting shit about what's actually happening. Some of us might find you tiring.

Cheesy

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #377 on: December 08, 2015, 05:26:23 PM »

hahaha what a hard read the last 3 pages was.  rofl

Talk about a mountain of dribble. So... we've established that friday wasnt the day. Weve established that D-GEN thinks Jarmo cares too much about what he writes, We've established Jarmo thinks this isnt the case, we've also established that Ginger isnt a troll.

I'd call that progress.  Cheesy

I?m afraid we haven?t established that Friday wasn?t the day. We need Merck!!! How many Fridays are left?  Grin
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #378 on: December 08, 2015, 05:41:57 PM »

I?m afraid we haven?t established that Friday wasn?t the day. We need Merck!!! How many Fridays are left?  Grin

It's really hard to say. It's estimated that Earth will be able to support life for about another 2 billion years. Some estimations are lower but we could have approximately 100,000,000,000 Fridays left.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #379 on: December 08, 2015, 05:44:25 PM »

Don't forget to tick off last Friday.... 99,999,999,999 to go!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: