Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 03:09:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 105687 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #280 on: December 07, 2015, 10:47:22 AM »

Not offended.  Just pointing out that its patently obvious she gets a pass.

Not for "being too much of a fan".  That's ridiculous.  But the way she carries herself and talks to people.  Clearly, she has nothing to fear on that front.

Any why was this brought up:

She comes across as the ultimate pom pom cheer leading brown noser.

Looks like the other side isn't as innocent as they want me to believe.

And yes, the point remains, do you think you'd get that kind of responses if the posts were a bit more original instead of the same old month after month...
I don't.

Just offering you a solution.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #281 on: December 07, 2015, 11:22:41 AM »

Well, if that's Oscar's beef with her, that's between them.  I'm just telling where I, and a few others are coming from.

And also suggesting...hell, not suggesting, saying flat out...you would never allow anyone to talk to people in the aggressively adversarial manner she does if they were on the other side of your fan ledger.

The impression is that you see her as fighting the good fight against the entitled whiners and will never take one iota grief for it. 

My god, man.  I referred to you as "big chief" in a post to someone else last week and you flipped out.  Imagine if I talked to you in the manner she does.  I'd be thrown right the hell out, a la Jazz by Uncle Phil.

It's your site and your rules.  That's not what this is about.  Its just about not pretending this isn't what's going on.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #282 on: December 07, 2015, 11:37:36 AM »

Are we celebrating Festivus again? Cheesy

Coachella 2016 Weekend 1: April 15, 16, 17.

Coachella 2016 Weekend 2: April 22, 23, 24

The headliners for Coachella 2015 were ACDC, Jack White and Drake, so were are looking for one rock band to headline this festival.

Travelgrom who predict 60-70% percent of Coachella correctly are currently predicting GN'R will headline the festival.

Check this out-
 http://www.travelgrom.com/coachella-2016-lineup

Anybody buy into this?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #283 on: December 07, 2015, 11:40:34 AM »

And also suggesting...hell, not suggesting, saying flat out...you would never allow anyone to talk to people in the aggressively adversarial manner she does if they were on the other side of your fan ledger.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66533.msg1402746#msg1402746

My god, man.  I referred to you as "big chief" in a post to someone else last week and you flipped out.  Imagine if I talked to you in the manner she does.

Flipped out? Really? I asked you the reason for such condescending comments.
You've also told be me to fuck off.

So your idea about "your side" of the fence being all innocent and whatnot, I just don't buy it.
Sorry.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #284 on: December 07, 2015, 12:03:11 PM »

The headliners for Coachella 2015 were ACDC, Jack White and Drake, so were are looking for one rock band to headline this festival.

Travelgrom who predict 60-70% percent of Coachella correctly are currently predicting GN'R will headline the festival.

Check this out-

Anybody buy into this?

I'll take a 60-70% chance, sure.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #285 on: December 07, 2015, 12:11:56 PM »

Or maybe there's a 50 - 50 chance of them being booked, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that.

/jarmo

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #286 on: December 07, 2015, 02:50:09 PM »

Check this out-

Anybody buy into this?

Guns N? Roses

AC/DC put on a memorable performance to a massive crowd at Coachella 2015, so Goldenvoice will not hesitate to book another hard rock band. According to music industry insiders, 2016 will be a ?big year? for GNR; there are rumors that the 1987 lineup of Steven Adler, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Slash and Axl Rose will reunite for a tour.

With an all-ages appeal, hits like Paradise City and Welcome to the Jungle, a legendary status and a cult following, Gun N? Roses would be an awesome addition to the Coachella 2016 lineup.

Coachella is no stranger to reunions, in fact, the Pixies, Outkast and Rage Against the Machine are just a few major bands to reunite for shows on the Polo Fields.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Princess Leia
« Reply #287 on: December 07, 2015, 03:15:49 PM »

Steven Adler, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Slash and last but not least... Axl Rose

So much for  "hybrid"   smoking
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #288 on: December 07, 2015, 03:59:51 PM »

Well, if that's Oscar's beef with her, that's between them.  I'm just telling where I, and a few others are coming from.

The impression is that you see her as fighting the good fight against the entitled whiners and will never take one iota grief for it. 

My god, man.  I referred to you as "big chief" in a post to someone else last week and you flipped out.  Imagine if I talked to you in the manner she does.  I'd be thrown right the hell out, a la Jazz by Uncle Phil.

It's your site and your rules.  That's not what this is about.  Its just about not pretending this isn't what's going on.

The pom pom cheer leader comment i made is just a reference to her attitude that everything is rosey regardless of the current situation. It's a tongue in cheek reference.

My major gripe is the same as yours. She speaks down to people, she is abusive, and she attacks anyone who does not share her opinion, and she gets a free pass on this for the reasons you have stated above mate, and the major issue is that we are supposed to pretend that it's not happening.

Anyway....as for Coachella... it would be awesome if this were to happen.... but april isnt far away either, im skeptical. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #289 on: December 07, 2015, 04:21:17 PM »

Yeah, you do the same as you accuse her of, but that's just you posting "a reference to her attitude". Whatever.

You're equally guilty of being condescending towards those who don't share your constant bleak outlook on all things GN'R.

People in glass houses.....  ok

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:24:16 PM by jarmo » Logged

Annie
« Reply #290 on: December 07, 2015, 05:51:29 PM »

The pom pom cheer leader comment i made is just a reference to her attitude that everything is rosey regardless of the current situation. It's a tongue in cheek reference.

My major gripe is the same as yours. She speaks down to people, she is abusive, and she attacks anyone who does not share her opinion, and she gets a free pass on this for the reasons you have stated above mate, and the major issue is that we are supposed to pretend that it's not happening.

Anyway....as for Coachella... it would be awesome if this were to happen.... but april isnt far away either, im skeptical. 

I don't think Emily is abusive. I think she is the type of person who gets tired of BS. She has been a loyal GNR fan for many years. She is probably just had her fill  of people constantly complaining about non existent issues. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #291 on: December 07, 2015, 05:57:16 PM »

Take it to PMs.
This PityParty(tm) is over. Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #292 on: December 07, 2015, 06:09:19 PM »

Well, once you announce it, you'll have to speak on it, I assume. Hard to downplay the newsworthiness of the move.

Can you really announce it, head back into hiding and say, see you in a few months everybody?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #293 on: December 07, 2015, 06:18:31 PM »

Well, once you announce it, you'll have to speak on it, I assume. Hard to downplay the newsworthiness of the move.

Can you really announce it, head back into hiding and say, see you in a few months everybody?

Imagine that. Some festival announces Guns N' Roses. No more details.

Months more speculation!   Grin

/jarmo

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #294 on: December 07, 2015, 06:20:53 PM »

But whos going to annouce it.... does anyone really see Axl letting a festival announce it (if its a reunion)??

Guessing what Axl would do, (if its a reunion).. it could be announced on his twitter, or the official site...

Id prefer they do it like the old days... Call a press conference, if its Axl, slash and Duff of the classic line up.. set them at a table, let the press ask their questions... and at the end.. say.. seeya at the first gig. If thats 3 months later... i think they definitely can slip away and let the buzz build. In fact thats probably the perfect way to do it in my eyes.

Thats just fantasy in my head though.. do i think that will happen?

Nah.... probably not even close.  Wink

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #295 on: December 07, 2015, 06:21:53 PM »

Are you sure you want that?  Because releasing that news, in that manner, given all the rumors out there...it won't stop the questions?

And are you prepared for a bunch of articles asking if this is the "real" Guns N' Roses that will be playing?  Because that's coming, if things are done in that manner.  People will be gauging if they should give a shit.

From what I've seen...you don't like that.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:24:09 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #296 on: December 07, 2015, 06:23:52 PM »

Id prefer they do it like the old days... Call a press conference, if its Axl, slash and Duff of the classic line up.. set them at a table, let the press ask their questions... and at the end.. say.. seeya at the first gig. If thats 3 months later... i think they definitely can slip away and let the buzz build. In fact thats probably the perfect way to do it in my eyes.

If you do it that way, you rip off the Band-Aid right away.  Then you can pretty much go back into hiding until the gig.

But is Axl doing that?  Will Axl want to have to sit 5 feet from Slash and have some of the things said about thrown back at him for a reaction?

How does that *not* happen?  How is figuring out how tensions finally thawed (and over what) not a driving force in any story written?

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #297 on: December 07, 2015, 06:25:19 PM »

/jarmo

hahaha with no line up announced... this board would explode.  Cheesy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #298 on: December 07, 2015, 06:27:28 PM »

I kinda wouldn't mind that.

In this age when everybody needs to know everything about everybody, it would be kinda interesting if they kept the exact band line up a secret.
Like when they kept Bumblefoot a secret in 2006.

Do I care what articles are saying? They write a lot of garbage already.

Maybe it's you who wants to have the interesting discussion again? "Original line up", "real GN'R" and other interesting discussions.  Huh

/jarmo

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #299 on: December 07, 2015, 06:28:58 PM »

If you do it that way, you rip off the Band-Aid right away.  Then you can pretty much go back into hiding until the gig.

But is Axl doing that?  Will Axl want to have to sit 5 feet from Slash and have some of the things said about thrown back at him for a reaction?

How does that *not* happen?  How is figuring out how tensions finally thawed (and over what) not a driving force in any story written?

I think if theyve done some serious work within their relationship on their own, then theyd be prepared for those questions. I mean... look.. we are dealing with 3 grown men in their 50s now.. theyve been around a while... how hard is it to answer a question like this.. so Axl.. remember the time you called Slash a cancer?" well whats changed? ... why cant that be answered with... yeah mate, we all say shit when we are angry, it was a long time ago.. ever said anything about anyone in your life? have a laugh and move on. 

that stuff could be brushed off pretty easy if they wanted too... thats just my take though.

I'd love to see a proper presser called and these guys at a table like the old days... fuck that would be epic.  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: