Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:29:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 105781 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #260 on: December 04, 2015, 09:00:20 PM »

especially the Reading festival after the last two fiasco's.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #261 on: December 04, 2015, 09:01:55 PM »

When is coachella normally announced? January?

Jan 3rd I think or Jan 6th

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #262 on: December 04, 2015, 09:24:49 PM »

Today does not appear to have been the day.

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #263 on: December 04, 2015, 11:25:33 PM »

Here you go:

GUNS N' ROSES IS CONFIRMED ON READING AND LEEDS FESTIVAL 2016.

WAINTING FOR NEXT FRIDAY 4

Before anybody thinks that is real: IT'S FROM A FAN FACEBOOK PAGE! It's obviously bullshit.

Hahahahaha

I don't know why, but this exchange produced an actual laugh out loud moment for me. 

The set-up, the delivery, then the use of the bold...just tremendous.

Gold, Jerry!  Gold!!

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #264 on: December 04, 2015, 11:40:10 PM »

Today does not appear to have been the day.
Thanks for confirming   Cool

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #265 on: December 05, 2015, 12:08:50 AM »

more and more silly everyday... Roll Eyes

nothing from nothing is nothing.

You don't really think that a festival promoter will announce a Gnr reunion do you? No way....the band would hold some form of a press conference to launch. At least I would hope so.... Tongue
I would hope so too. But I've stopped trying to figure things out at this point. But you would think a huge reunion like this would be handled a little more carefully than just randomly being announced as a headliner for a festival in the wee hours of a Friday morning.

Glad I didn't buy into any of the hype this time around.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #266 on: December 05, 2015, 12:13:13 AM »

You guys have to let that go. You bring it up every couple of weeks or so. It's old, it's tired, it's played out. "Exciting times" may have been a poor choice of words. But she clearly explained what she meant. It's a matter of perspective. She remains hopeful and "interested" in where this merry go round takes us. It's not as you choose to paint it. She's not sitting at home receiving the news that DJ has left the band saying, "Yes!! This is awesome! I love that GNR is down their two lead guitarists now!" She's taking the stance that, the story isn't over. There's another chapter yet to be written and nobody knows what that might be. It's intriguing to some. If you don't see it that way, fine. I know you guys don't like her, she doesn't like you, but you have to understand that's her frame of mind.

I do like her, actually.

True, we don't get along all that well.  But she clearly knows a lot about music.  I've had several good conversations with her.

And, let's be honest, sometimes when it goes south...lot of my fault.

I do see this point you are making though, faldor.  I just disagree that people should be shocked there are fellow fans hoping there is someone at the wheel here and have some doubts where we're going.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #267 on: December 05, 2015, 09:43:30 AM »

Poor Scotty never got to see his band Velvet Revolver team up with Axl again. I can't believe is passed, great talent, the few year VR had was great

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #268 on: December 05, 2015, 12:37:48 PM »

I just disagree that people should be shocked there are fellow fans hoping there is someone at the wheel here and have some doubts where we're going

waiting for cd2 (and f's announcement) starts now. /popcorn Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #269 on: December 05, 2015, 11:03:50 PM »

How are all those great topics in the Dead Horse section

But

This one lives on......

Next it will be this, weds will be the day...

I love Weds..

Hump day!
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #270 on: December 06, 2015, 04:15:50 PM »

You guys have to let that go. You bring it up every couple of weeks or so. It's old, it's tired, it's played out. "Exciting times" may have been a poor choice of words. But she clearly explained what she meant. It's a matter of perspective. She remains hopeful and "interested" in where this merry go round takes us. It's not as you choose to paint it. She's not sitting at home receiving the news that DJ has left the band saying, "Yes!! This is awesome! I love that GNR is down their two lead guitarists now!" She's taking the stance that, the story isn't over. There's another chapter yet to be written and nobody knows what that might be. It's intriguing to some. If you don't see it that way, fine. I know you guys don't like her, she doesn't like you, but you have to understand that's her frame of mind.

I do like her, actually.

True, we don't get along all that well.  But she clearly knows a lot about music.  I've had several good conversations with her.

And, let's be honest, sometimes when it goes south...lot of my fault.

I do see this point you are making though, faldor.  I just disagree that people should be shocked there are fellow fans hoping there is someone at the wheel here and have some doubts where we're going.

It's not just the "exciting times" post. It's her general attitude towards people on this forum. She is incapable of listening to a point of view that doesn't resonate with her own. Her snide remarks are just a tool she uses to undermine anyone she doe not agree with. She comes across as the ultimate pom pom cheer leading brown noser.

Of course this will all be refuted, but i am not the only person who has caught her out with this act.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #271 on: December 06, 2015, 04:22:48 PM »

I would think if there was news regarding any future line up.. it wouldnt be coming from festival organizers. You can  X 100000 if any future line up involves Slash. Any announcement would be surely made by Axl or GNR management.

So last friday was never happening IMO.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #272 on: December 06, 2015, 05:08:32 PM »

She comes across as the ultimate pom pom cheer leading brown noser.

Of course this will all be refuted, but i am not the only person who has caught her out with this act.

And why would that bother you? You go to a fan site and you come across somebody who's too much of a fan. That's a problem?
The problem is the opposite of what you accuse her of.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #273 on: December 06, 2015, 05:12:51 PM »

She comes across as the ultimate pom pom cheer leading brown noser.

And why would that bother you? You go to a fan site and you come across somebody who's too much of a fan. That's a problem?
The problem is the opposite of what you accuse her of.

/jarmo

That doesn't hold much weight when you are the person announcing it. I am sure you love the adulation she gives without questioning a single thing... to some of us, the blind fandom looks ridiculous.

You think i'm not a fan? We've been over that. And it's been discredited.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #274 on: December 06, 2015, 05:50:00 PM »

It's a serious question. You go to a fan site, and get all bothered because somebody is "too much of a fan".
Makes little sense to me.

If you ask me, that's the one place where I would expect to find any kind of fan.

Did I say that in my post or is that your persecution syndrome at work again?

I thought my post was pretty basic.  The problem isn't the fans that you consider are too much of a fan. The problem is the ones with all kinds of conditions on when/if they'll actually will bother to say something even remotely nice. Now, if you feel targeted by that, then that's on you.

So next time you wanna post about how you don't like a person who's too much of a fan, just keep it to yourself. ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #275 on: December 06, 2015, 06:31:45 PM »

It's a serious question. You go to a fan site, and get all bothered because somebody is "too much of a fan".
Makes little sense to me.

If you ask me, that's the one place where I would expect to find any kind of fan.

Did I say that in my post or is that your persecution syndrome at work again?

I thought my post was pretty basic.  The problem isn't the fans that you consider are too much of a fan. The problem is the ones with all kinds of conditions on when/if they'll actually will bother to say something even remotely nice. Now, if you feel targeted by that, then that's on you.

So next time you wanna post about how you don't like a person who's too much of a fan, just keep it to yourself. ok

/jarmo

Where did i say she was "too much of a fan"Huh? Lets clarify my point so you cant twist it to suit yourself.. here we go...

Emily is an abusive Poster. She attacks other posters who do not share her "everything is awesome" attitude or dare to question things about the negative aspects/goings ons towards all things GNR with snide comments and often times point blank rudeness which you refuse to address whilst always finding a moment to pick myself or others up on because we dont fall into line. There is a difference between being a fan (even a really really big fan) who supports the band, compared to her behavior.

As for your last point about keeping it to yourself, i was responding to a comment by faldor, on a topic that has been done regarding her, id moved on until saw the comment and i responded. I also had a second post regarding the topic, but you chose to ignore that one and concentrate on the Emily post. (No surprises there either).

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #276 on: December 06, 2015, 10:59:50 PM »

I honestly cannot believe that anyone thought GNR would allow a festival to announce they were headlining anything before they have made their own announcement.  Roll Eyes

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #277 on: December 07, 2015, 06:35:29 AM »

Emily is an abusive Poster. She attacks other posters who do not share her "everything is awesome" attitude or dare to question things about the negative aspects/goings ons towards all things GNR with snide comments and often times point blank rudeness which you refuse to address whilst always finding a moment to pick myself or others up on because we dont fall into line. There is a difference between being a fan (even a really really big fan) who supports the band, compared to her behavior.

Sorry for finding it somewhat confusing when obvious smart asses are so easily offended by somebody else's behavior....
I've said it many times, maybe this would be different if you weren't so focused on the "negative aspects".....

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #278 on: December 07, 2015, 09:06:10 AM »

Sorry for finding it somewhat confusing when obvious smart asses are so easily offended by somebody else's behavior....
I've said it many times, maybe this would be different if you weren't so focused on the "negative aspects".....

Not offended.  Just pointing out that its patently obvious she gets a pass.

Not for "being too much of a fan".  That's ridiculous.  But the way she carries herself and talks to people.  Clearly, she has nothing to fear on that front.

Of course, given that large chunks of this conversation that was had last night seems to have mysteriously gone among the missing, none of really expect that to change any time soon.

And that's fine.  We obviously have all made our peace with it.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #279 on: December 07, 2015, 10:42:25 AM »

Insist... GNR Not Play Here

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: