Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:51:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 105588 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #220 on: December 04, 2015, 06:44:48 AM »

RIP Scott, did they find out the cause?

Not yet.  There's some talk over in Bad Obsession on the topic.

I mean...I think we're all going to assume the same thing in relation to cause of death, especially considering where he was found...but....it'll probably be a few weeks (if ever) til they confirm it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #221 on: December 04, 2015, 06:49:55 AM »

I mean...I think we're all going to assume the same thing in relation to cause of death, especially considering where he was found...but....it'll probably be a few weeks (if ever) til they confirm it.

Thank you Pilferk   beer

I was reading headlines and saw that there weren't many details given.

I'm so grateful that all GNR members (except Ole) are still around, the 90's saw a lot of people get eaten alive by addictions that lingered on in one form or another.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:53:29 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #222 on: December 04, 2015, 06:58:19 AM »

Thank you Pilferk   beer

I'm so grateful that all GNR members (except Ole) are still around, the 90's saw a lot of people get eaten alive by addictions that lingered on in one form or another.

agreed.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #223 on: December 04, 2015, 07:26:07 AM »

Emily, help me out :

- band releases album
- band goes on tour
- band loses 3 members
- band goes totally radio silent for a year plus

In what rational universe can the answer to all 4 of these things all be how its a great time to be a GNR fan?  It can't.

In fact, the only rational explanation for the consistency of the position is to surmise that its going to be said, no matter what the circumstance.

Rather de-valuing its impact over time.  Which was the whole point here.

This is exactly the point. It defies any type of logic to a sane person.

All you will get is the type of answer she just gave me... ooooh you're creepy... or some other spin that she thinks is clever and/or intelligent, which it obviously isnt.

Au Contraire- I don't "have" to "try to sound intelligent" when talking to someone like you, it's unnecessary and wasted.  hihi

was that all started just because you said its an exciting time to be a fan?

also, terrible news about scott. makes me feel grateful for my friends/family. if this news were about someone i know or even about ax id be devastated, and i bet thats how many stp and vr fans are feeling right about now. my condolonces to his friends, family, and fans. terrible news. it happened so suddenly... just the other day he was talking about the reunion. never thought he would have died soon after that. crazy world we live in. life is too short to be cruel or petty.

Yes, I said it was an exciting time to be a GNR fan.

What other band could generate and inspire such headlines while on hiatus?

It sure is grand when nothing happens.  rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #224 on: December 04, 2015, 07:28:29 AM »

Compared to the band being on tour playing all those "pointless shows"....
Oh yeah, I remember that feedback.

Fans who wished the band would stop touring. Their wish came true!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #225 on: December 04, 2015, 07:54:53 AM »

Emily, help me out :

- band releases album
- band goes on tour
- band loses 3 members

In what rational universe can the answer to all 4 of these things all be how its a great time to be a GNR fan?  It can't.

In fact, the only rational explanation for the consistency of the position is to surmise that its going to be said, no matter what the circumstance.

All you will get is the type of answer she just gave me... ooooh you're creepy... or some other spin that she thinks is clever and/or intelligent, which it obviously isnt.

Au Contraire- I don't "have" to "try to sound intelligent" when talking to someone like you, it's unnecessary and wasted.  hihi

was that all started just because you said its an exciting time to be a fan?

also, terrible news about scott. makes me feel grateful for my friends/family. if this news were about someone i know or even about ax id be devastated, and i bet thats how many stp and vr fans are feeling right about now. my condolonces to his friends, family, and fans. terrible news. it happened so suddenly... just the other day he was talking about the reunion. never thought he would have died soon after that. crazy world we live in. life is too short to be cruel or petty.

Yes, I said it was an exciting time to be a GNR fan.

What other band could generate and inspire such headlines while on hiatus?

It sure is grand when nothing happens.  rofl

When something concrete happens you will probably be whining about that too.  Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
Annie
« Reply #226 on: December 04, 2015, 08:40:08 AM »

Thank you Pilferk   beer

Yes is very sad about Scott, I feel really bad for his kids. RIP.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #227 on: December 04, 2015, 09:19:17 AM »

Yeah, sucks about Scott.  But this was how it was going to end for him eventually.

Shame.  Dude had a lot of talent.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #228 on: December 04, 2015, 09:23:00 AM »

Anyone know when the remaining acts will be announced?

If anything is true regarding the GNR rumors, it might be as someone said earlier that GNR won't be announced at any festivals before there has been a press release from the band that there will be a tour.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #229 on: December 04, 2015, 09:31:47 AM »

Who did they wind up announcing anyway?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #230 on: December 04, 2015, 09:34:53 AM »

Who did they wind up announcing anyway?

Reading & Leeds Fest ✔ @OfficialRandL
Your first #RandL16 headliner is @ChiliPeppers ❗❗❗ Weekend tickets: http://po.st/JRCfu5 
11:42 PM - 3 Dec 2015

He said: ?I?m thrilled to be able to announce Red Hot Chili Peppers as the first headliner for Reading & Leeds 2016, as a festival exclusive. Their incredible live show will be an unforgettable headline performance at the UK?s biggest music festival.

?We?ve still got some really exciting names to announce and I can?t wait to reveal the rest of the line-up.?

"Shut the fuck up."
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #231 on: December 04, 2015, 10:00:01 AM »

Sad day, RIP Scott Weiland.

Im still confident about the announcement, Jarmo was very clear about pointing out that they dont announce all headliners the first day of announcements, see i can read between the lines!  ok
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #232 on: December 04, 2015, 10:11:37 AM »

This is becoming a joke, nothing official from the band was spoken.

Axl Rose is a refugee in his cave in malibu eating bacon and eggs, and we are here discussing the future of Guns N 'Roses. Nice
Annie
« Reply #233 on: December 04, 2015, 10:15:28 AM »

Axl Rose is a refugee in his cave in malibu eating bacon and eggs, and we are here discussing the future of Guns N 'Roses. Nice
I don't mean to be a bitch, but most refugees are homeless living in squalid conditions. Your comment is disrespectful to both Axl and legitimate refugees. Axl is a very private person. So you have no clue as to what he is doing.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #234 on: December 04, 2015, 10:22:18 AM »

Well, like others were saying the past few days, we are the ones that built this up this day as the day we find out.  We determined that, not the band. 

So that is sort of on us.

Your overall point about him being holed up in his mansion, I do see that point.  But that ain't new.

Fortunately, we are coming up on the deadline Fernando himself gave us for an update.  That was not a fan invention, but a direct quote from the management team 

Shouldn't be long now.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #235 on: December 04, 2015, 10:40:06 AM »

Emily, help me out :

- band releases album
- band goes on tour
- band loses 3 members

You guys have to let that go. You bring it up every couple of weeks or so. It's old, it's tired, it's played out. "Exciting times" may have been a poor choice of words. But she clearly explained what she meant. It's a matter of perspective. She remains hopeful and "interested" in where this merry go round takes us. It's not as you choose to paint it. She's not sitting at home receiving the news that DJ has left the band saying, "Yes!! This is awesome! I love that GNR is down their two lead guitarists now!" She's taking the stance that, the story isn't over. There's another chapter yet to be written and nobody knows what that might be. It's intriguing to some. If you don't see it that way, fine. I know you guys don't like her, she doesn't like you, but you have to understand that's her frame of mind.

We're all witnessing the same things here. We just react to them differently. You're entitled to have no hope for the future of this band, just as she's entitled to be, dare I say it, EXCITED about what might happen next. It's really not a tough concept to grasp. But by all means, continue the unfriendly back and forth if that gets you by.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: December 04, 2015, 10:54:49 AM »

Well, like others were saying the past few days, we are the ones that built this up this day as the day we find out.  We determined that, not the band. 

So that is sort of on us.

Your overall point about him being holed up in his mansion, I do see that point.  But that ain't new.

Fortunately, we are coming up on the deadline Fernando himself gave us for an update.  That was not a fan invention, but a direct quote from the management team 

Shouldn't be long now.

Agreed.  The only thing we *know* is that Slash & Axl have spoken on some level in the past year or so.  Literally, everything else up to this post is complete hearsay.

...As for Fernando's update....Tick Tock....
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:56:40 AM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #237 on: December 04, 2015, 11:06:19 AM »

So I suppose there were no news on that Facebook page you kept linking to?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #238 on: December 04, 2015, 11:18:40 AM »

/jarmo

Haha, yeah what's the news there?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #239 on: December 04, 2015, 11:39:12 AM »

/jarmo

Haha, yeah what's the news there?

Here you go:

GUNS N' ROSES IS CONFIRMED ON READING AND LEEDS FESTIVAL 2016.

WAINTING FOR NEXT FRIDAY 4

Before anybody thinks that is real: IT'S FROM A FAN FACEBOOK PAGE! It's obviously bullshit.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: