Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 105564 times)
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #200 on: December 03, 2015, 07:41:46 PM »

Well we shall see what the morning brings! With any luck it will be costing me a couple of hundred quid!  beer

Regardless of the announcement I won't be buying tickets- day tickets don't go on sale until later, and I'm not spending a second longer at that awful event than strictly necessary! Worst crowd I've ever been part of the last time GNR played there.

I think a "reunion" line up will get a much warmer response & a lot of proper music fans will go just to see them.

If it happens it'll be interesting to see what impact it has on ticket sales.

ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #201 on: December 03, 2015, 07:57:30 PM »

It would be pretty cool if the promoter or people who do the announcements go through all the bands and add to the drama . Then at the end as they go to finish one of the guys can walk up.

"Sir your forgetting the headliner..."

"Yeah , yeah can't believe I'm forgetting that. Ok folks the band that will headline Reading Festival 2016 is the band in this video...................."

(cue up tons of highlights of Guns N Roses)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1pAnrMxooM
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: December 03, 2015, 08:14:56 PM »

Well we shall see what the morning brings! With any luck it will be costing me a couple of hundred quid!  beer

Regardless of the announcement I won't be buying tickets- day tickets don't go on sale until later, and I'm not spending a second longer at that awful event than strictly necessary! Worst crowd I've ever been part of the last time GNR played there.

I think a "reunion" line up will get a much warmer response & a lot of proper music fans will go just to see them.

Yeah, quite possibility.

I got invited to the launch party of Leeds 2002. There were drinks and stuff then they revealed the line-up. People were clapping and cheering when certain bands got announced. GNR came up and I shouted in excitement- huge deal obviously as it was their first time 'back' after such a long absence. The whole room just looked at me! One man said to me after "why do you care about Guns N Roses playing?" I couldn't believe it! Idiots!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2015, 09:01:12 PM »

11 hours until GNR is (more than likely not) announced!! A fan can only hope... But hey, it's in August. Chances are there will shows before this even if they did do it.

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #204 on: December 03, 2015, 09:01:58 PM »

They would sell out anyway without a reunion, but if it is... Tickets will be gone soon!

-HugeAxlfan
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #205 on: December 03, 2015, 10:10:04 PM »

It would be pretty cool if the promoter or people who do the announcements go through all the bands and add to the drama . Then at the end as they go to finish one of the guys can walk up.

"Yeah , yeah can't believe I'm forgetting that. Ok folks the band that will headline Reading Festival 2016 is the band in this video...................."

Hahaha

This would be some showmanship.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #206 on: December 03, 2015, 10:17:50 PM »

Hahaha

This would be some showmanship.

If this happens...

And the headliner is..... GUNS 2 ROSES!!!!

Cry

-HugeAxlfan
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2015, 10:18:42 PM »

Who exactly stated first that there might be some sort of announcement Friday?

Was it because the festival lineups are supposed to be announced?

Certainly an exciting time to be a GNR Fan, I said that before and got bashed.

I'm enjoying this  peace

Yeah but you are one of the most easily impressed people ever to exist.

Enjoying what? NOTHING HAS HAPPENED FOR 18 MONTHS.

Jesus Christ..... talk about deluded.

It's special (and creepy) you think you know anything about me.

It's certainly been interesting.

Jesus Christ....talk about a whiny negative crybaby.  crying

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #208 on: December 03, 2015, 10:24:16 PM »

Certainly an exciting time to be a GNR Fan, I said that before and got bashed.

Likely because you say it 24/7/365.

"Wonder if Emliy thinks things are going well?" is never a question that ever has to be asked.  We're pretty confident where you stand.

Conversely, if you ever said "well, that's somewhat disappointing" about something, that's a true "remember where you were" moment when you read it.

And that's you even couching it with *somewhat*.  It would still be news.

But we can always count on you to be disappointed,bitter, and Wrong. Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #209 on: December 03, 2015, 10:56:52 PM »

Emily, help me out :

- band releases album
- band goes on tour
- band loses 3 members
- band goes totally radio silent for a year plus

In what rational universe can the answer to all 4 of these things all be how its a great time to be a GNR fan?  It can't.

In fact, the only rational explanation for the consistency of the position is to surmise that its going to be said, no matter what the circumstance.

Rather de-valuing its impact over time.  Which was the whole point here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #210 on: December 04, 2015, 12:17:55 AM »

Emily, help me out :

- band releases album
- band goes on tour
- band loses 3 members

In what rational universe can the answer to all 4 of these things all be how its a great time to be a GNR fan?  It can't.

In fact, the only rational explanation for the consistency of the position is to surmise that its going to be said, no matter what the circumstance.

This is exactly the point. It defies any type of logic to a sane person.

All you will get is the type of answer she just gave me... ooooh you're creepy... or some other spin that she thinks is clever and/or intelligent, which it obviously isnt.
Princess Leia
« Reply #211 on: December 04, 2015, 01:54:26 AM »

The only news today is that Scott Weiland was found dead  Cry
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #212 on: December 04, 2015, 02:43:49 AM »

The only news today is that Scott Weiland was found dead  Cry

Indeed! Sad news.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #213 on: December 04, 2015, 03:04:48 AM »

Twas RHCP announcement for Reading/Leeds 2016

V sad news re Scott Weiland, love STP....  RIP
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #214 on: December 04, 2015, 04:10:50 AM »

Emily, help me out :

- band releases album
- band goes on tour
- band loses 3 members

All you will get is the type of answer she just gave me... ooooh you're creepy... or some other spin that she thinks is clever and/or intelligent, which it obviously isnt.

Au Contraire- I don't "have" to "try to sound intelligent" when talking to someone like you, it's unnecessary and wasted.  hihi
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:37:16 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #215 on: December 04, 2015, 04:14:25 AM »

Emily, help me out :

- band releases album
- band goes on tour
- band loses 3 members

What other band generates and inspires such wild speculation and such a media storm while on Hiatus?

I'm enjoying the ride regardless of any outcome and timing.

Sorry I'm not a negative little whiner like you Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:38:14 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #216 on: December 04, 2015, 05:57:49 AM »

So we could still expect to see GN'R at Reading & Leeds?? It would be excellent to have them on same bill as Chilli's.

Sad news about Scott. Had some of the best nights of my life watching VR on their first tour.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #217 on: December 04, 2015, 06:22:01 AM »

Emily, help me out :

- band releases album
- band goes on tour
- band loses 3 members

Au Contraire- I don't "have" to "try to sound intelligent" when talking to someone like you, it's unnecessary and wasted.  hihi

was that all started just because you said its an exciting time to be a fan?

also, terrible news about scott. makes me feel grateful for my friends/family. if this news were about someone i know or even about ax id be devastated, and i bet thats how many stp and vr fans are feeling right about now. my condolonces to his friends, family, and fans. terrible news. it happened so suddenly... just the other day he was talking about the reunion. never thought he would have died soon after that. crazy world we live in. life is too short to be cruel or petty.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #218 on: December 04, 2015, 06:31:37 AM »

Emily, help me out :

- band releases album
- band goes on tour
- band loses 3 members

also, terrible news about scott. makes me feel grateful for my friends/family. if this news were about someone i know or even about ax id be devastated, and i bet thats how many stp and vr fans are feeling right about now. my condolonces to his friends, family, and fans. terrible news. it happened so suddenly... just the other day he was talking about the reunion. never thought he would have died soon after that. crazy world we live in. life is too short to be cruel or petty.

Yes, I said it was an exciting time to be a GNR fan.

What other band could generate and inspire such headlines while on hiatus?

RIP Scott, did they find out the cause?

"Shut the fuck up."
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #219 on: December 04, 2015, 06:44:10 AM »

Emily, help me out :

- band releases album
- band goes on tour
- band loses 3 members

Yes, I said it was an exciting time to be a GNR fan.

What other band could generate and inspire such headlines while on hiatus?

RIP Scott, did they find out the cause?

huh, well thats not very cool. oh well. (in response to the reactions to your comment, not scotts death)

i think the cause is as yet unkown. people seem to be assuming it was drug related. could be. just listened to plush and interstate love song. great songs. never knew they were stp songs. kind of surreal listening to them and contemplating that he just died/death in general. this has put me in a very wabi sabi mood.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:47:37 AM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: