Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:16:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 104886 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2015, 06:27:08 PM »

What's this place like on Friday if things don't go our way?

Who is "our" ? Pesky mouse in your pocket, or are you just delusional and thinking you speak for others again?

Mouse in my pocket, "Emily".

Gee, and I thought is was your delusions of Grandeur manifesting again about how you not only are some sort of spokesman for all GNR fans, but how you have all the answers and insight to every situation that had ever existed.  hihi

Keeping up relations i see Emily.

hihi
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2015, 07:34:49 PM »

I Believe & My Opinion Is:

-. Guns N' Roses NOT Play In Reading & Leeds -

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2015, 09:51:16 PM »

Who is "our" ? Pesky mouse in your pocket, or are you just delusional and thinking you speak for others again?

Gee, and I thought is was your delusions of Grandeur manifesting again about how you not only are some sort of spokesman for all GNR fans, but how you have all the answers and insight to every situation that had ever existed.  hihi

hihi

Unfortunately debating and disagreeing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a frustrating endeavor because they almost always turn out to be
?or to be indistinguishable from?self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2015, 10:16:06 PM »

Hmmm. Everyone on the Internet these days claims to be correct.  Roll Eyes

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2015, 10:17:21 PM »

hihi

Unfortunately debating and disagreeing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a frustrating endeavor because they almost always turn out to be
?or to be indistinguishable from?self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.
Yet here you are again... fighting the good fight.  Cheesy
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2015, 10:48:31 PM »

Reading that Axl is going to get the more rescent line up back together and Slash is going to fulfill his obligations on blabber mouth.  So many rumors that we all just have to smile and wait.  The comments left under the piece are just typical of people who make negative comments behind a keyboard.  Here you at least get called out and held accountable to an extent for comments.  Old band new band anyway it's GNR and it's all rock 'n roll to me:)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-classic-lineup-was-reportedly-offered-megabucks-to-play-two-british-festivals/

I hope for original or close to it line up in the future.  As a fan I have always enjoyed every show no matter the musicians.  So if it happens it happens and I'll enjoy the music as most of us have all these years.  I also would enjoy the continued later start times.  It's rock 'n roll and it has been awesome to be enjoying a show that cranks out all that energy at midnight.  These past years it's like Axl got his wish for going on at a later time rather than going on "late". He always delivered good shows along with all the rest of the band.

Great Post

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2015, 02:15:51 AM »

Who the fuck cares what the random ass people think of Axl, or his reputation. It's Axl Rose, the dude who does everything against what everyone wants or expects him to do! And now you're concerned what people might think of him? Or how he feels he is a victim? He already feels that way anyway.

I feel you care just as much what people think of him. You didn't like the idea of people having entitlement issues and you'll say a "fuck you" to people who will blame him if there's no reunion.

I'm not directly concerned about what people think and say of him, but more about the situation as a whole. You do bring up a good point about Axl not caring much about these things, that's probably true.

Well, I don't. I don't care what anyone thinks of Axl, I just have an issue with the current day internet society where the masses suddenly have a voice and a mean to beg like junkies for updates, news and whatever they want.

I mean, seriously, today there's ANOTHER news item on Blabbermouth about Axl finishing obligations which would be getting back together the most recent line up as an homage to their input. WTF is that crap? Who makes that shit up? And he's suppose to respond to that? Everyday some loser journalist makes up a story and then so called fans want to know what's up.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2015, 06:46:03 AM »

Axl Rose has a Twitter account.
"Guns N' Roses" has a Twitter, Facebook, an official website, etc.
It would take very close to Zero effort to give the fans an update on where the band is at with looking seriously at the next album, when they plan to get back on the road, and who is playing guitar, etc.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2015, 06:50:30 AM »

All Axl would have to do, to quell every rumor coming from the press right now, regarding a reunion, is to use one of the GnR official social media channels and post "To all the rumor mongers", and a link to "Get in the ring".  Or post (or have a representative post, making it clear this is a sactioned response) the same thing to one of the gnr forums (since that seems to be where a lot of the "news" is actually sourced from).

He wouldn't have to comment any further. He wouldn't even have to DIRECTLY address it.

I agree with folks that say "He can't really address every single rumor, article, and blind press item".  It would be a full time gig, itself.

But this?  This is different.  This is months worth of the same types of rumors, on generally the same subject.  And if it's NOT true, it's harming your brand and future vision for that brand, because the lack of comment can be seen as tacit acceptance (whether it is or not).  This is SLIGHTLY different than the normal "I wanna know when the album is coming out, what your plans are, what you had for breakfast, and whether you wear boxers or briefs and I WANT TO KNOW NOW" sort of noise coming from segments of the fanbase.  This is a bit more substantive.

I'm not saying Axl HAS to comment.  He certainly doesn't.  That's his choice, obviously.  And I'm not going to demand that he confirm or deny, today.

But I'm also not going to sit here and say this is the exact equivalent to situations, past ,either.  This has gotten a LOT more traction.  Maybe it is just an overzealous press....but how are we supposed to know that without some sort of official (or even ancillary) confirmation or denial? No matter which way you lean, it's a wobbly assumption....

I mean, if it's a confirmation...yeah...I understand the wait because they're dotting i's and crossing t's.  But if it's not? At this point, it's hard to see a good reason NOT to say or do SOMETHING. Even if it's indirect.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 06:54:06 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2015, 07:01:47 AM »

Welcome to the Jingle!
It's Tattoo Thursday!!  hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2015, 07:06:37 AM »

It would take very close to Zero effort to give the fans an update on where the band is at with looking seriously at the next album, when they plan to get back on the road, and who is playing guitar, etc.

I'm surprised nobody thought of this before!  Shocked

I understand the wait because they're dotting i's and crossing t's.  But if it's not? At this point, it's hard to see a good reason NOT to say or do SOMETHING. Even if it's indirect.

So if it's not confirmed, you want confirmation that it's not confirmed but it might be?
Is that how you should do it? Reveal what you're trying to figure out and possibly get peoples' hopes up even more?

For me, the biggest reason not to say anything is simple.
You don't wanna say anything until you know for sure what's going to happen.

If GN'R are looking into making plans for a tour, starting to deny which shows might get booked and which not, makes little sense at this moment. Obviously in some cases it would make sense. Like when they sold tickets to that show in Hungary years ago!

Also denying/confirming band members and who's in, who's not makes little sense right now.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:13:16 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2015, 07:31:21 AM »

I'm surprised nobody thought of this before!  Shocked

I understand the wait because they're dotting i's and crossing t's.  But if it's not? At this point, it's hard to see a good reason NOT to say or do SOMETHING. Even if it's indirect.

So if it's not confirmed, you want confirmation that it's not confirmed but it might be?
Is that how you should do it? Reveal what you're trying to figure out and possibly get peoples' hopes up even more?

No, it was bad wording on my part. Sorry. I was using the jumping off point that this is all the result of journalists making up stories, and that it was all fiction (or close to it).

If it's just not confirmed, and they're working on it, I expect silence. That's the best tact to take for exactly the reasons you're implying.

If it's not confirmed, and not ever going to be, because it's completely not true, THEN I think it behooves them to say something. 

For me, the biggest reason not to say anything is simple.
You don't wanna say anything until you know for sure what's going to happen.

Totally OK with that, if that's where they are in relation to the reunion rumors.  If you're not sure, and you're still working on things...yup, fine.  Silence.  And fans are probably going to interpret that as tacit, wink wink, nudge nudge, acceptance that there is at least SOME validity to the rumors.  And you go in knowing that, and accepting the risks, given the potential outcome.

But if all this really is just the product of someones overzealous imagination, and a press that has to fill pages as clickbait....then...I think it does you more harm than good to stay completely quiet.  Again, you don't have to even directly address every article...just something that lets people know its all a bunch of bullcrap.

If GN'R are looking into making plans for a tour, starting to deny which shows might get booked and which not, makes little sense at this moment. Obviously in some cases it would make sense. Like when they sold tickets to that show in Hungary years ago!

Also denying/confirming band members and who's in, who's not makes little sense right now.

/jarmo

Agree.  I don't think you comment on every single show rumor and ancillary time frame (spring, summer, 2 years from now) bit of the story.

Together again,
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2015, 07:33:38 AM »

I think pilferk's point was that if there's no truth whatsoever to the rumors, it would be smart to deny the rumors, but if there's uncertainty around this he can understand them not saying anything yet.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:43:33 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2015, 07:43:38 AM »

I also think it would be confusing if you start saying no and the yes before everything is settled.

Imagine this: No, we are not playing there with that line up. Yes, we are playing here.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2015, 07:45:59 AM »

I think that was pilferk's point. If there's no truth whatsoever to the rumors, it would be smart to deny the rumors, but if there's uncertainty around this he can understand them not saying anything yet.

Pretty much.

And, with many rumors....I would say you can still get away with silence. Album release dates. rumored shows, and the odd ball, one off, reunion/lineup rumors etc, etc.  Those you can let sit, and play out.

But this?  This is different.  Because it's been MONTHS of press reporting, "inside" source comments, and the like.  It seems like every beggar and hanger on is commenting, and even some closer to the "inside" implying things.  It's literally the question everyone is asking. This isn't your typical rumor.

Together again,
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2015, 07:48:34 AM »

It's not like GNR are asking us for money everyday and we get nothing-nobody in that band owes us a damn thing! If they want my money, they can out a new album, tour, whatever. As it stands, I don't feel cheated, angry, anything like that. I come on here and read stuff because I'm interested- again, that's free, and if it angered me I wouldn't do that!

I don't feel Axl or anyone else need to constantly deny any rumour the internet might throw up, in the same way that if a rumour sprung up among the residents of my street that I was gay (I'm not) I wouldn't feel I had to go and knock on every house door to let them know my sexuality, or put out a big sign stating whether I was gay or straight. It would be a ridiculous response to a rumour.

It's ludicrous to expect any band to constantly deny any rumours about it - they owe us nothing. If they want our money, they'll do something for it. They're entertainers. If they want to do nothing, that's their look out.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2015, 07:51:09 AM »

I think that was pilferk's point. If there's no truth whatsoever to the rumors, it would be smart to deny the rumors, but if there's uncertainty around this he can understand them not saying anything yet.

Pretty much.

And, with many rumors....I would say you can still get away with silence. Album release dates. rumored shows, and the odd ball, one off, reunion/lineup rumors etc, etc.  Those you can let sit, and play out.

But this?  This is different.  Because it's been MONTHS of press reporting, "inside" source comments, and the like.  It seems like every beggar and hanger on is commenting, and even some closer to the "inside" implying things.  It's literally the question everyone is asking. This isn't your typical rumor.

Yes, and if I were GNR/AXL or whatever, I would use that building anxiety to my benefit so that when I announce something I will have maximum exposure. So maybe they're just being smart IF something's happening and they'r just simply using everyone's eagerness.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2015, 07:51:21 AM »

I also think it would be confusing if you start saying no and the yes before everything is settled.

Imagine this: No, we are not playing there with that line up. Yes, we are playing here.

But say if Axl hasn't moved an inch on his stance rergarding a reunion, he hasn't even spoken to Slash (we still don't know 100% I think). Then he knows for sure that a reunion isn't going to happen, and can confidently go out and debunk the whole thing before it gets even more out of hand.

If he has spoken to Slash, and there's a small 10% chance of a reunion happening, I can understand that he won't come out and say anything about it until he knows something concrete. Denying it could backfire if it ends up happening anyways. Confirming it will be premature obviously. Being evasive about it wouldn't help either. Better off keeping quiet then.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2015, 07:55:41 AM »

People are starting to see the silence as some sort of confirmation.... and that could be a problem if there's no truth to the rumors, that's my point.

Sweetness is a virtue
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2015, 08:00:18 AM »

People are starting to see the silence as some sort of confirmation.... and that could be a problem if there's no truth to the rumors, that's my point.

I agree.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: