Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:34:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is a reunion (hybrid or otherwise) our best chance of new music?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is a reunion (hybrid or otherwise) our best chance of new music?  (Read 15344 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2015, 04:38:53 PM »

Circa 1997, we didn't even know if we had a band anymore.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2015, 04:43:42 PM »

How did that make you feel?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2015, 04:45:51 PM »

But still, as a fan I also understand the complaints, because quite honestly GNR makes it easy for the fans to complaint. And that has happened even before the internet.
I guess, the main problem in this ''complaining'' debate, is that as a fan it is hard to come here to discuss the music and not discuss the business side of things.

If you want to discuss the so called business side. you have to remember one thing, you can't know everything. And no, I'm not saying I know everything or even close to everything. That's why you don't see me questioning the band and their management about every decision made. Also it helps if you manage to have an open mind instead of getting all upset if it appears you don't know what the hell you're talking about.  hihi

/jarmo

Maybe you should ban all discussions related to the business side !  Wink

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2015, 04:47:05 PM »

Circa 1997, we didn't even know if we had a band anymore.

To be honest I assumed GNR was dead until OMG.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2015, 04:51:18 PM »

But still, as a fan I also understand the complaints, because quite honestly GNR makes it easy for the fans to complaint. And that has happened even before the internet.
I guess, the main problem in this ''complaining'' debate, is that as a fan it is hard to come here to discuss the music and not discuss the business side of things.

Oh, I don't disagree. But I don't think it's about GN'R. It's how some people live their lives.

It's just easier to get your complaints heard in 2015 compared to say 1995.

I'll give you an example. Imagine if this was 1997. "We want updates".
That wasn't a complaint that could be made in 1997? Of course it was. But that was before most fan forums, social media and constant news about anything and everything.

If you want to discuss the so called business side. you have to remember one thing, you can't know everything. And no, I'm not saying I know everything or even close to everything. That's why you don't see me questioning the band and their management about every decision made. Also it helps if you manage to have an open mind instead of getting all upset if it appears you don't know what the hell you're talking about.  hihi

/jarmo

Is this really what you think?

So what you're telling the board is, that anyone who has a gripe with GNR must be perennial whingers and live there whole lives moaning 100% of the time?  Cheesy

Here... ill give you the tip on whats really happening. I live a great life... im very happy. GNR happens to be my favorite band by far... i take a lot more interest in them than any other band on the planet. I just happen to have a lot of questions and issues with why the GNR camp cannot be more transparent.. or give a little bit back to the fans who have stuck by them for son long through all the shit. Thats the baseline problem for me, and whenever the topic gets brought up, the answer is... you're a whinger.. you live your life whinging. Its a ridiculous notion. it really really is pathetic.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2015, 04:58:42 PM »

Is this really what you think?

So what you're telling the board is, that anyone who has a gripe with GNR must be perennial whingers and live there whole lives moaning 100% of the time?  Cheesy

Is that what you think I think? Because I think that what you think I think, is wrong.

Yet another case of the old "let's see if we can ridicule a point made because I can't be arsed to read what it says".

For the record, before you put your own trademark spin on what I said: I said I think SOME people will never be happy. Doesn't matter if it's GN'R or the weather. SOME people. Not all, not everybody. SOME.

Pay attention.

Here... ill give you the tip on whats really happening. I live a great life... im very happy. GNR happens to be my favorite band by far... i take a lot more interest in them than any other band on the planet. I just happen to have a lot of questions and issues with why the GNR camp cannot be more transparent.. or give a little bit back to the fans who have stuck by them for son long through all the shit. Thats the baseline problem for me, and whenever the topic gets brought up, the answer is... you're a whinger.. you live your life whinging. Its a ridiculous notion. it really really is pathetic.

I'm happy you have a happy life.
Too bad that rarely shows here.  Undecided

How did you like the transparency in say 1995? 2005?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2015, 05:04:17 PM »

Maybe you should ban all discussions related to the business side !  Wink

Nah, it can be fun.

It's just unfortunate that some think they know better than professionals. We're fans. Why not just act like it?  hihi

/jarmo

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2015, 12:30:23 PM »

To answer the original question in the thread, I think Axl intends to release CD 2 regardless of reunion or not. It has taken a long time - but hey, so did Chinese Democracy.

The difference between a reunion/no reunion is whether we'll hear much of those new songs live or not.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2015, 12:37:04 PM »

Yeah, until I hear "No, I'm not gonna release the recorded album", I'm with you on that.

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2015, 12:52:01 PM »

Oh, I don't disagree. But I don't think it's about GN'R. It's how some people live their lives.

It's just easier to get your complaints heard in 2015 compared to say 1995.

I'll give you an example. Imagine if this was 1997. "We want updates".
That wasn't a complaint that could be made in 1997? Of course it was. But that was before most fan forums, social media and constant news about anything and everything.

/jarmo

I don?t think people want to know what Axl had for breakfast. But this situation when everything is about rumors it is not good either. You?re right we don?t know what?s going on. But it is because nobody never tell us anything. So we?re left to speculate and complain about things we are never told or never happened. The solution would be to close the forum so we wouldn?t have a place to question anything

I begining to believe that The Vault is a just a myth and CD II is another myth despite the fact that we have heard about The General and Soul Monster. I don?t have anything a little be more tangible.

If you tell that I?m wrong and I don?t know what is going on. Well sorry, that answer is not good enough. You have to show me some evidence that CD II is for real. You have to prove me wrong not just tell me that I?m wrong.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2015, 01:10:50 PM »

Is the concept of not being able to speak on an issue until the issue is actually solved weird to you?
Just curious.

I begining to believe that The Vault is a just a myth and CD II is another myth despite the fact that we have heard about The General and Soul Monster. I don?t have anything a little be more tangible.

If you tell that I?m wrong and I don?t know what is going on. Well sorry, that answer is not good enough. You have to show me some evidence that CD II is for real. You have to prove me wrong not just tell me that I?m wrong.

Well, you're wrong....  hihi
Does it exist in a ready to go physical shape somewhere? No idea.
Do these songs you mentioned exist? Yeah, I think so. What would be the purpose of making up song titles for imaginary songs? Besides, plenty of people who worked on these songs have talked about it.

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2015, 01:21:08 PM »

Is the concept of not being able to speak on an issue until the issue is actually solved weird to you?
Just curious.

Well, you're wrong....  hihi
Does it exist in a ready to go physical shape somewhere? No idea.
Do these songs you mentioned exist? Yeah, I think so. What would be the purpose of making up song titles for imaginary songs? Besides, plenty of people who worked on these songs have talked about it.

/jarmo

We know they share files. That?s what they always said. A file is not a full song. Now if you tell me that over the years you had the chance to hear a full version of The General. And in your opinion is a great song with an amazing solo and lyrics. Well that?s another story. I have someone giving me some information.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2015, 01:22:19 PM »

When the singer says the songs are done, it's more than files....

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2015, 01:23:18 PM »

I agree, but good luck selling that last point.

As for what's already recorded, do you think there are still songs without vocals?  Because I 100% think that.  

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2015, 01:24:39 PM »

As for what's already recorded, do you think there are still songs without vocals?  Because I 100% think that.  

Yeah, what a revelation.
There might be songs recorded in 1986 that have no vocals!

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2015, 01:30:31 PM »

Instead of adding this to the post above, here you go:

To clarify, your generalization is funny.

Nowhere did you claim that the songs meant to be released next are without vocals. You just made a general blanket statement. Imagine that. Of all GN'R songs recorded, you think there might not be vocals on all of them. Really?

I can make a similar one: Some unreleased songs probably have Axl singing on them!  Shocked
Your assumption is as informative as "the sky is blue".  hihi

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2015, 01:43:34 PM »

Then let me clarify.  I don't think there are enough completed songs, with vocals, to release as an album right now.

I think that is the hold-up, has been the hold-up, and will continue to be the hold-up.

There has not been a release because there is no album to release.  I don't seriously believe he's sitting around mixing for 5 years.

We all set now?

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2015, 01:50:47 PM »

So Tommy lied when he said there were 22 other songs recorded....Brian May lied when he said he heard multiple albums of material with vocals in 2000?

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Princess Leia
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2015, 01:52:01 PM »

When the singer says the songs are done, it's more than files....

/jarmo

Yeah that?s nice. But the thing is if I don?t see any other sign of life. As time goes by, that statement is fading away. Well in my case, you however have the right to keep believing
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2015, 01:54:34 PM »

So Tommy lied when he said there were 22 other songs recorded....

Tommy was very specific in this. Axl also said in the studio with Trunk that they were working on a song that wasn't even on the first two records... That was in 2006.

I think the songs exist, I'm just a little curious about what's taking so long.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: