Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:01:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is a reunion (hybrid or otherwise) our best chance of new music?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is a reunion (hybrid or otherwise) our best chance of new music?  (Read 15278 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2015, 03:03:41 PM »

Speaking only for myself, when I read Axl's quote, I didn't think that once he got home from Vegas there'd be a Fall 2014 announcement made soon after, but I would have assumed that by December 2015 that we'd at least have some kind of update on the matter of the next album.

Thing is, for any of us to understand why we're not listening to The General & Atlas Shrugged right now there's really only one person who could articulate exactly why.  And I can't begin to assume what his motivations are in terms of what would merit "updating" the fans.

For better or for worse, I have a feeling our update will be when it eventually (God willing) is announced.

Fair enough.

I agree, I think once there's actual news, there'll be an update.
Not just "Sorry, nothing new to report".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2015, 03:06:54 PM »

Speaking only for myself, when I read Axl's quote, I didn't think that once he got home from Vegas there'd be a Fall 2014 announcement made soon after, but I would have assumed that by December 2015 that we'd at least have some kind of update on the matter of the next album.

Thing is, for any of us to understand why we're not listening to The General & Atlas Shrugged right now there's really only one person who could articulate exactly why.  And I can't begin to assume what his motivations are in terms of what would merit "updating" the fans.

For better or for worse, I have a feeling our update will be when it eventually (God willing) is announced.

Fair enough.

I agree, I think once there's actual news, there'll be an update.
Not just "Sorry, nothing new to report".

/jarmo

And I would agree. And as much as many of us are foaming at the mouth for an album update directly from Axl, it might just be better to hold off until all the pieces are in place and it's ready to go.  As great as it would be to hear from him, just like in December of 2006, good intentions an album do not make.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2015, 03:08:46 PM »

I Believe Have Much Material From 1996

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2015, 03:10:11 PM »

I Believe Have Much Material From 1996

Err...Thanks Captain Random.   Huh
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2015, 03:12:24 PM »

I assumed by the end of 2015, we'd at least have some indication something was happening, but figured the target date was 2016.

Kind of figured Bumble was out.  Didn't expect DJ to leave, NEVER expected Tommy to leave.

And we haven't heard a peep in terms of progress.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2015, 03:16:37 PM »

I assumed by the end of 2015, we'd at least have some indication something was happening, but figured the target date was 2016.

Kind of figured Bumble was out.  Didn't expect DJ to leave, NEVER expected Tommy to leave.

Yeah, it's definitely all a bit...disconcerting.  But at this point, I don't want some rolling open letter on the matter.  I just want to hear new music from my favorite band. If there was a time for an "album update" it has long past.

I'll take a release date and single please. I think we could all agree that actions speak louder than words anyway.
Hell House
Opening Act

« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2015, 03:40:08 AM »

I honestly believe that, in order for a hybrid reunion to coincide with new music, Axl would require his stash of CDII songs to be rerecorded with Slash on lead and Duff on bass. Fortus will also have to redo the second chair fret work in order to properly interact with Slash. Axl's shown a preference for having the same band live as the one on the album. That means it'll be awhile before new music is released. Soon is not the word. Tommy must be bummed, I think he said he's done all 40-somethin' CD era songs at least 7 times over the years.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:42:20 AM by Hell House » Logged
Hell House
Opening Act

« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2015, 04:15:17 AM »

Then let me clarify.  I don't think there are enough completed songs, with vocals, to release as an album right now.

I think that is the hold-up, has been the hold-up, and will continue to be the hold-up.

There has not been a release because there is no album to release.  I don't seriously believe he's sitting around mixing for 5 years.

We all set now?

I don't know, man. I would be really surprised if that were the case. After all these years I would imagine Axl has multiple takes of every instrument on every song, including vocals. It's a matter of picking which version, mixing, mastering, and making sure the current line up matches with the album credits.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2015, 04:21:55 AM »

Ah, there's why you are so wrong in so many of your posts- you assume your opinions and thoughts are true.

Do you honestly still expect someone to hold your hand and keep you updated on internal band decisions and progress?

That is clearly misguided entitled nonsense.  Roll Eyes Nobody owes you.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2015, 08:30:46 AM »

This reminds me of that episode of Metalocalpyse where Nathan Explosion keeps deleting whole albums' worth of material because it's not quite right... the band eventually go and make the record in a nuclear submarine in the Mariana Trench.  I hope it doesn't come to that for CDII!

Meh, it'll come out when it comes out.  Anyone on tenterhooks for anything from this band hasn't been paying much attention.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:33:17 AM by Virolec » Logged

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2015, 09:15:09 AM »

I don't know, man. I would be really surprised if that were the case. After all these years I would imagine Axl has multiple takes of every instrument on every song, including vocals. It's a matter of picking which version, mixing, mastering, and making sure the current line up matches with the album credits.

There was a time I felt this way too. But two things changed that.

1) 'I.R.S.'  The vocal recorded in 1999 is still the same one that was on the album 10 years later.  Never changed.

2) Chinese Whispers.  Several instances in those quotes from people there than getting Axl to lay down vocals is like pulling teeth.

I'm not Joe Namathing the premise there are songs without vocals.  Think of it more like finding out that was the case and not being a bit surprised. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2015, 08:31:25 AM »

So, is "Hybrid GN'R" a standard phrase now?

Just trying to stay current with all the labels.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2015, 10:52:52 AM »

Seems to have caught on, yes.

I never cared for the "NuGNR" label, but it was a handy way to tell the bands apart.

Princess Leia
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2015, 10:57:53 AM »

So, is "Hybrid GN'R" a standard phrase now?

Just trying to stay current with all the labels.  hihi

/jarmo

No you can say Decaff, Light, Fat Free GN?R  smoking
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2015, 12:41:34 PM »

I never cared for the "NuGNR" label, but it was a handy way to tell the bands apart.

I think Oh My God played a big part in that labeling.

When they finally reemerged in 06 they were back to more classic rock again. OMG was hasn't been played since NY's gig, no?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2015, 05:25:44 PM »

If Axl is to reunite at some point with past members there is zero point in releasing any material that is not from those band members

Who would promote the the record?  Who would give interviews and play concerts to support this material?   

I would think any previously recorded material will either come out as bonus songs to a new album of material.   Or it will be release on its on once all this reunion stuff is done

I think the best bet for new material now would be a one off song with what ever line up come to be.  Throw that song on a soundtrack of something.   Hopefully the writting juices gel with the band and they learn to work together again and we get more material after that
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2015, 08:46:46 AM »

If Axl is to reunite at some point with past members there is zero point in releasing any material that is not from those band members

Who would promote the the record?  Who would give interviews and play concerts to support this material?   

Zero point? Well, maybe the fans would like it. See, I could come up with a reason, just like that. So we're definitely above zero already. Yay!

/jarmo

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2015, 09:37:37 AM »

Zero point? Well, maybe the fans would like it. See, I could come up with a reason, just like that. So we're definitely above zero already. Yay!

/jarmo

Axl doesn't do things 'because the fans would like it', though.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2015, 10:42:35 AM »

Axl doesn't do things 'because the fans would like it', though.

Probably doesn't release music just because of that.

But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a reason to consider a release. Like if you're the record company, you could put that on the list of why it would make sense to release music.  ok

/jarmo

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2015, 03:20:38 PM »

When ?

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: