Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:11:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is a reunion (hybrid or otherwise) our best chance of new music?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is a reunion (hybrid or otherwise) our best chance of new music?  (Read 15279 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2015, 02:00:06 PM »

So Tommy lied when he said there were 22 other songs recorded....

Tommy was very specific in this. Axl also said in the studio with Trunk that they were working on a song that wasn't even on the first two records... That was in 2006.

I think the songs exist, I'm just a little curious about what's taking so long.

Ha, it's the million dollar question at this point, isn't it?  We can only guess.

As far as the songs go, only someone who hasn't been around for a tick would doubt their existence.  Hell, we have most of the titles.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2015, 02:00:47 PM »

Then let me clarify.  I don't think there are enough completed songs, with vocals, to release as an album right now.

You think you've been lied to?

Yeah that?s nice. But the thing is if I don?t see any other sign of life. As time goes by, that statement is fading away. Well in my case, you however have the right to keep believing

It is nice. Smiley
You don't see something, so it doesn't exist. Got it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2015, 02:04:55 PM »

Then let me clarify.  I don't think there are enough completed songs, with vocals, to release as an album right now.

You think you've been lied to?

Yeah that?s nice. But the thing is if I don?t see any other sign of life. As time goes by, that statement is fading away. Well in my case, you however have the right to keep believing

It is nice. Smiley
You don't see something, so it doesn't exist. Got it.

/jarmo

I don?t rule anything out. But yes, I have doubts
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2015, 02:08:28 PM »

So Tommy lied when he said there were 22 other songs recorded....Brian May lied when he said he heard multiple albums of material with vocals in 2000?

"Lied" is a tough term because it implies malice.  I'm not ready to go there.

Think of it like this though.

Suppose there was a Danny Ocean type that was a GNR fan and he got tired of waiting.  So he was going to recruit a crew, break into Axl's Magical Mystery Vault, and steal the tapes and hear them for himself.

I'm not convinced there is an entire album there to steal.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2015, 02:10:09 PM »

Here's what I think: The next album definitely exists (with vocals) & tracklisting is probably more or less finalized...What I *DON'T* think exists is any semblance of a plan to get said album released.  And at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter how far along it is if there's a collective group of dunces who can't figure out how to do that.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2015, 02:10:36 PM »

I think the songs exist, I'm just a little curious about what's taking so long.

I think they exist, but only in various stages of completion.

Do I think there is an entire album, ready to go, and all that its waiting for is the go ahead?

No.  I do not believe that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2015, 02:12:37 PM »

Here's what I think: The next album definitely exists (with vocals) & tracklisting is probably more or less finalized...What I *DON'T* think exists is any semblance of a plan to get said album released.  And at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter how far along it is if there's a collective group of dunces who can't figure out how to do that.

If this is true, that's even more depressing.  And one scathing indictment on both the artist and their management.

7 years since the last release, and 18 months since the looking VERY seriously began, and you can't get a finished product out of that studio?

Good god, I hope that's not the case.  I'd rather think they shit still wasn't done.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2015, 02:17:07 PM »

If this is true, that's even more depressing.  And one scathing indictment on both the artist and their management.

7 years since the last release, and 18 months since the looking VERY seriously began, and you can't get a finished product out of that studio?

Good god, I hope that's not the case.  I'd rather think they shit still wasn't done.

Other than possibly final mixing & mastering? Yeah, I honestly think the next album's basically done.  And yes, I completely agree that the fact that they have a finished album waiting in the wings for whoever (not pointing any specific fingers here) to figure out how and when to put this out is utterly depressing.  Why? Because it can go on literally forever if it all comes down to Axl Rose stepping out of his room one day and deciding that the "time is right"...or the label to decide the same.  (See, no pointed fingers!)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 02:20:54 PM by sofine11 » Logged
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2015, 02:28:24 PM »

🎶🎵🎵🎼Why must you find another reason to cry  crying

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2015, 02:30:21 PM »

We don't know the current record deal GNR has right? How many albums are left in the contract...

This has been brought up before but might be even more of an issue now with a reunion in the cards. If Axl owe only one album to Geffen, maybe they are reluctant to release CD 2 with the possibility of losing the rights of a possible reunion album..

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2015, 02:31:35 PM »

We don't know the current record deal GNR has right? How many albums are left in the contract...

This has been brought up before but might be even more of an issue now with a reunion in the cards. If Axl owe only one album to Geffen, maybe they are reluctant to release CD 2 with the possibility of losing the rights of a possible reunion album..

Without knowing specifics, I think it would be safe to say that the agreement they have regarding future albums is somewhat.....relaxed.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2015, 02:37:56 PM »

Without knowing specifics, I think it would be safe to say that the agreement they have regarding future albums is somewhat.....relaxed.

If you don't know specifics regarding the matter than how are you in a position to say anything whatsoever?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2015, 02:38:08 PM »

and 18 months since the looking VERY seriously began, and you can't get a finished product out of that studio?

He said he would look at it after Vegas. It's still after Vegas. He didn't say when he would start!

rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2015, 02:40:04 PM »

If you don't know specifics regarding the matter than how are you in a position to say anything whatsoever?

Jesus Emily, you must be a hoot at parties.  Roll Eyes

and 18 months since the looking VERY seriously began, and you can't get a finished product out of that studio?

He said he would look at it after Vegas. It's still after Vegas. He didn't say when he would start!

rofl

/jarmo

Lol, unfortunately you're not wrong.  hihi
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2015, 02:40:31 PM »

I have long assumed the only reason they didn't just dump Axl after the last album debacle was just that.  If there were ever a miracle reunion, they'd want the rights to it.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2015, 02:44:23 PM »

Other than possibly final mixing & mastering? Yeah, I honestly think the next album's basically done.  And yes, I completely agree that the fact that they have a finished album waiting in the wings for whoever (not pointing any specific fingers here) to figure out how and when to put this out is utterly depressing.  Why? Because it can go on literally forever if it all comes down to Axl Rose stepping out of his room one day and deciding that the "time is right"...or the label to decide the same.  (See, no pointed fingers!)

"Rose :
The record will be about, anywhere from 16 to 18 songs, but we recorded at least two albums' worth of material that is solidly recorded. "

-Nov. 1999.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2015, 02:46:15 PM »

"Rose :
The record will be about, anywhere from 16 to 18 songs, but we recorded at least two albums' worth of material that is solidly recorded. "

-Nov. 1999.

Man, I was 14 when that quote was made....And I turned 30 this past November.  Still waiting on that second album, Axl!  hihi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2015, 02:49:03 PM »

rofl

It's not surprising that some would assume things from a simple sentence.

He said that he'd come home from Vegas, unpack his suitcase and fire up the old files straight away? No, he didn't.
Sorry.

If anybody is offended by any of this, it just means that they're not paying attention to what was actually said.
And now they're upset because these assumptions didn't pan out the way they had hoped?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2015, 02:49:54 PM »

"Rose :

-Nov. 1999.

Man, I was 14 when that quote was made....And I turned 30 this past November.  Still waiting on that second album, Axl!  hihi

Second of the trilogy, you mean.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2015, 02:55:40 PM »

rofl

It's not surprising that some would assume things from a simple sentence.

He said that he'd come home from Vegas, unpack his suitcase and fire up the old files straight away? No, he didn't.
Sorry.

If anybody is offended by any of this, it just means that they're not paying attention to what was actually said.
And now they're upset because these assumptions didn't pan out the way they had hoped?

/jarmo

Speaking only for myself, when I read Axl's quote, I didn't think that once he got home from Vegas there'd be a Fall 2014 announcement made soon after, but I would have assumed that by December 2015 that we'd at least have some kind of update on the matter of the next album.

Thing is, for any of us to understand why we're not listening to The General & Atlas Shrugged right now there's really only one person who could articulate exactly why.  And I can't begin to assume what his motivations are in terms of what would merit "updating" the fans.

For better or for worse, I have a feeling our update will be when it eventually (God willing) is announced.

"Rose :

-Nov. 1999.

Second of the trilogy, you mean.

Lol! How could I forget?  Let's just hope J.J. Abrams idea of a trilogy differs from Axl Rose.  Tongue
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 02:57:48 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: