Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 01:44:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228093 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do we as Guns N Roses fans have it that bad?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do we as Guns N Roses fans have it that bad?  (Read 18964 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2015, 10:30:35 PM »

I've seen the band 14 times since 2002,  that is hardly a band that "sits around doing nothing."   Yes I think most of us would want more new music, I want a new song everyday, they are my favorite band.  But things are nowhere near as horrible as some of you make it out to be.  I suppose if all I did was sit and wait for GNR to release music it would be pretty bad, but there are a lot of bands out there, GNR is not the ONLY band that makes music, just the BEST one.  I went to about 200 other shows that Weren't GNR since 2002 as well, so I guess that kind of follows the "live your life " thing.  I check this site everyday for news but I don't get bent out of shape when there is none.

Agree

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2015, 10:55:08 PM »

Virolec, its hard to disagree with anything you wrote in that post.

We cant change the past, Axl cant change it and the band cant change it either. Its a damn shame that it played out the way it did, but looking at the history of the band, it had drug addicts, alcoholics, and a front man who may or may not have been manic, but most certainly acted like it. It's no surprise that it fell apart.

Am i happy with the music we have? Well, as i have said a million times, it stops for me at TSI. The music until that point is my favorite of any artist. I like other music, of course i do, but i dont "follow" the bands like i follow this one. Yes it does make me wonder why a few simple things couldn't be enhanced for us fans, that's been discussed at length today and it still does my head in that for every point that is made, there seems to be some sort of counter point to shoot it down rather than just saying... you know what... maybe that's a legit issue.

Do we have it that bad? Its a broad question? In terms of picking up AFD, or UYI sticking that record on, i dont say... gee i wish these albums had better songs, or more songs i liked. That's simply not the case, because i love each song on those albums.. so yeah... i feel like what we do have is exceptional stuff. I wish we had some more live stuff from 87-93 released officially but that's life too.

My only hope is that things improve from here, as a fan experience, it doesnt matter whether you like the memorabilia, or want merch, or new releases of old shows or current shows on blue-ray, or want to hear from Axl a bit more or even from TB regarding whats going on.......OR even a new album, ... I just hope that the fans get a bit more in the future, and hopefully from here on, the fan experience can get better. I know some people see that as "wanting" or "feeling entitled", but if they stopped that way of thinking, and perhaps embraced the fact that there is still a lot of fans out there who are interested, it could actually be viewed as a good thing.

That last part is and always has been the part that's perplexed me in all of this.

If none of that eventuates, then so be it. Ill still go back to watching Axl and Slash tear it up on Youtube from the old days, wear my shirt down the pub when im having a beer and turn the albums i do have up as loud as possible over and over to piss the neighbours off.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:57:16 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2015, 05:19:26 AM »

bridge made some great points. ive said similar things. its your choice to follow the band. nobody makes you. they are artists. not doctors. you dont need them. placing expctations on them is silly. they are not under some contract with us. 

All correct. 

But if asked your opinion, you can't comment?  Is your right to offer an opinion based on what that opinion is?

That's where you lose people, I think.  That where the cult talk, and some of the other disparaging descriptions come from.

You don't have to agree with a dissenting opinion, but to live in such fear of it even being expressed?  Kind of odd.

i would say its not so much fear of those opinions as it is more of an "ok dude, we get it. we got it 100 times ago." shit gets old, yknow? its like a guy that complains about his job everyday. eventually you might get tired of it and mention that if hes so unhappy with his job, he could always look for another one. the next thing you know hes telling you "youre just a tool, youre on the man's side!"

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2015, 06:46:10 AM »

Exactly Rj.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2015, 08:01:39 AM »

bridge made some great points. ive said similar things. its your choice to follow the band. nobody makes you. they are artists. not doctors. you dont need them. placing expctations on them is silly. they are not under some contract with us. 

All correct. 

But if asked your opinion, you can't comment?  Is your right to offer an opinion based on what that opinion is?

That's where you lose people, I think.  That where the cult talk, and some of the other disparaging descriptions come from.

You don't have to agree with a dissenting opinion, but to live in such fear of it even being expressed?  Kind of odd.

i would say its not so much fear of those opinions as it is more of an "ok dude, we get it. we got it 100 times ago." shit gets old, yknow? its like a guy that complains about his job everyday. eventually you might get tired of it and mention that if hes so unhappy with his job, he could always look for another one. the next thing you know hes telling you "youre just a tool, youre on the man's side!"

Exactly! The same regurgitated whiny complaints get tiring to have to listen to ad infinitum from the same circle of mewling quim that never seem happy and will always find something to complain about.

This must be their theme song  hihi

https://youtu.be/ZAAKPJEq1Ew
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:12:15 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2015, 08:51:39 AM »

All correct. 

So we all just wink and nod that they exist, but don?t talk about them?  That?s still stifling any criticism, which seems to be the goal here.  Just because people have complained about wanting more music from Guns over the last 20+ years doesn?t make the criticism any less valid.  It still exists, so why not talk about it, or at least acknowledge its presence? 

If you truly want it to go away, or at least lessen the amount of criticism, then fix it.  Case in point:  late/canceled shows.  There have been very few over the most recent tours, and as a result I think a lot (not all) of the criticism about Axl showing up late (say, compared to 2002) has died down.  Why?  Because they fixed it.

Despite what you believe about most of us here, we?re not always looking to lob complaints?it?s more like we call it like we see it.  And, in a thread titled ?Do we as Guns n Roses fans have it that bad?, it?s 100% relevant. 

Also, Virolec, solid post.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2015, 09:03:58 AM »

OK, but with all due respect, what's this speech?  Fresh??

A popular goto is how complaining about the band won't change anything.  That it never showed it ever will, so belaboring it is a waste of time and effort.

How is this any different?  Is there a real wealth of evidence any of these lectures are having any impact?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2015, 09:20:33 AM »

what this thread reminds me of is when the purpose of the stay of execution name being published was revealed. jaeball, and maybe a few others, were initially upset because axl was trying to save some dudes lives instead of giving them some kind of update. it was like, seriously guys? is an update really more importantant than trying to stop some guys from being executed?

its importantant to put things in perspective. its like the whole "a watched pot never boils" thing. except youre not even going to cook your dinner in this pot. its just some pot that music comes out of. i like pot. the end.

Do me a favor... and I mean this in the nicest way possible... please shut the fuck up and get off ur high horse... I never said anything negative towards Axl or about him "trying to save peoples lives". I was never upset about it, nor do I get upset about anything that goes on around here.

If you go back and read what i said... I thought Axl's letter war very powerful and intense... my point was at the end of the day... Axl Rose is an entertainer to me... I care about what he brings to me as a fan... not as much as his personal feelings on other walks of life outside of the entertainment industry.

Come back to the real world for a minute.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2015, 09:31:35 AM »

To the topic at hand.

No we don't have it bad.

Bodhi had a strong post about all the shows he was able to go to, and same goes for me. Chinese Democracy was great to finally get and Axl gave us a great record. Did it all play out in a timely fashion? No... but there's nothing we can do about it now.

To the people who hate the criticism the operation receives... I don't think you take in to account how hard the dissolution of GNR was for fans..especially North American fans... where GNR is "their band".

Somebody who complains about it on a daily basis? There is no need for that either.

I'm hopeful and excited for the future of GNR... It has the potential to make 99 percent of us really fucking happy.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2015, 10:11:47 AM »

To the people who hate the criticism the operation receives... I don't think you take in to account how hard the dissolution of GNR was for fans..especially North American fans... where GNR is "their band".

I think this point can get lost in the shuffle.

Here in our home country the band is dead.  Dead, been dead, been buried, spoken about in the past tense only.  So when you hear some of we U.S. folks talking the way we do sometimes, you have to factor that in.

It may not be that way in other corners of the world, but its how it is here. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2015, 10:15:21 AM »

I think this point can get lost in the shuffle.

Here in our home country the band is dead.  Dead, been dead, been buried, spoken about in the past tense only.  So when you hear some of we U.S. folks talking the way we do sometimes, you have to factor that in.

It may not be that way in other corners of the world, but its how it is here. 

I wouldn't call it dead... but we are less accepting of GNR without Slash and Duff compared to everywhere else. I've never hid from that or denied it.

If that makes me or us look foolish to some posters here... I'll live.. ha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2015, 10:18:18 AM »

We seem to be more discerning customers.

It seems that some places are just glad Axl came to see them.  And if he brings Slash, Buckethead, DJ...doesn't matter. 

It matters here. 

Some cope with that by ripping American crowds and a bunch of stock boilerplate stuff about how other places are more open minded.  If that makes you feel better, hey, salud. 

But it doesn't change the facts on the ground, here domestically.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2015, 10:21:26 AM »

To be honest, part of me wonders if one of the driving forces behind this potential reunion talk is so that they can tour the U.S. properly again.

They have left a lot of money on the table the past few years.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2015, 10:40:14 AM »

To be honest, part of me wonders if one of the driving forces behind this potential reunion talk is so that they can tour the U.S. properly again.

They have left a lot of money on the table the past few years.

Why do you harp on this... lol

Whenever you bring up the proper US tour .... jarmo gets extra mad at you....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2015, 10:42:13 AM »

Why do you harp on this... lol

Whenever you bring up the proper US tour .... jarmo gets extra mad at you....

He gets mad at me when I log on.  Not much I can do about that.

But I do think that's a part of this, if its true.

Let's be honest.  This is more about $BIG DOLLAZ$ than art, this endeavor.  Not that I give a shit either way.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2015, 10:44:38 AM »

To the people who hate the criticism the operation receives...

I'd say a few people actually hate well thought out constructive feedback.

It's the pointless dwelling on how things didn't go as you had planned/hoped that gets tiring after a decade.
It's also the generalizations made by people who really have no clue.

Why are you spinning it?
Why not just admit the fact. (Hard) rock music seems to be more popular in other countries. No shame in admitting that.

By the way, Creed was huge over there.  hihi

Last time you tried to understand the business of a GN'R tour in the US, you were told you were wrong. I hate to remind you. But it seems like you're still under the impression that you have some kind of idea....A bit of humility please. ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:46:48 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2015, 10:46:36 AM »

To the people who hate the criticism the operation receives...

I'd say a few people actually hate well thought out constructive feedback.

It's the pointless dwelling on how things didn't go as you had planned/hoped that gets tiring after a decade.
It's also the generalizations made by people who really have no clue.

Why are you spinning it?
Why not just admit the fact. (Hard) rock music seems to be more popular in other countries. No shame in admitting that.

By the way, Creed was huge over there.  hihi

/jarmo

nah I'd say the people who have followed the history of the band have a little more than a clue...

Are you saying us unintelligent Americans are the only people who like Creed?  Smiley

Couldn't name one Creed song btw...

That's more of a a middle America kinda thing.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2015, 10:49:57 AM »

I sort of liked 'My Sacrifice'.

But so many Creed songs sounded the same to me.

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2015, 10:53:05 AM »

I?ve yet to meet anybody in person who was into what Axl has been up to post Spaghetti Incident.
It was like pulling teeth convincing my, at the time, avid concert going, fans of Guns N? Roses friends to check out GN?R in Worcester in ?06.

They weren?t/aren't upset about Axl continuing on without 4/5 of the Guns N? Roses they grew up on.
Axl plus a bunch of people they had never heard of simply didn?t appeal to them.

Some people here seem to view Guns N? Roses as Axl Rose, plus whomever Axl Rose feels like playing with at any given time.
That?s all well and good, and technically they aren?t wrong as Axl owns the rights to the name, and can stamp it on anything he pleases, but it?s simply not how the majority of fans see it.

In my experience, GN?R in the states was dead by ?94.
Many fans, myself included, will still pay to see Guns N? Roses live because they are fans of Axl Rose.
None of my friends left the DCU in Worcester that night in ?06 feeling like they just witnessed a GN?R concert.
Some were more impressed than others, but for the most part were entertained by the performance of Axl Rose.
They got to see Axl Rose, but they didn?t get to scratch seeing Guns N? Roses live off of their bucket list.

So I wouldn?t say we have it bad.
I think the majority of fans, at least in my experience, would be that we have some of rock n? rolls last great albums, and post ?93, nothing more.

I?m the only one of my circle still interested in the happenings of current day GN?R, and it's probably more of a morbid curiosity at this point than anything else.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2015, 10:53:32 AM »

Last time you tried to understand the business of a GN'R tour in the US, you were told you were wrong. I hate to remind you. But it seems like you're still under the impression that you have some kind of idea....A bit of humility please. ok

You know, if you weren't so god damn eager, and just collected your thoughts before you made the post, I wouldn't have to keep going back to check on these clever addendums you couldn't come up with the first time.

But, lest I be accused of ignoring you, I'm content to see how the next U.S. tour with a non-traditional line-up plays out.  Believe I said that at the time as well.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: