Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 10:30:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Let's not forget about our favorite cover album and live album!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's not forget about our favorite cover album and live album!  (Read 12319 times)
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 09:05:27 PM »

I'd love to see an 2001-2010 live Chinese democracy your era album.

Will the gnr fanbase ever be happy?! rofl

Me too, because I don't have nearly as many from that time.   Either with great sound, or just in total. 

2010 is especially weak on soundboards that got out.
Very true. I think we really should've seen a proshot (much like rio 2011) in 2010. Great year but nothing really good to replay on. Those who got to see them on tour had a good time.

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 09:35:59 PM »

The show in London with Duff in October is not totally terrible.

That one the MYGNR guys put together from 12.07.2010 was decent.

Bucharest, in September.  Also good sounding.

But some soundboards of that early Canadian leg would have been great.  Great setlists.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 09:41:49 PM »

i always thought live era was awesome. ill admit im not really in the know about bootlegs though, maybe i wouldnt like it as much if it was obvious to me that it was edited a lot.

i loved its alright. they took a below average song and turned it into something really awesome.

spaghetti incident i could kind of take or leave. the vocals are great, musicianship is good, songs are pretty catchy. i agree with what a previous poster said though, in that id rather have heard more rock covers. would have been great to hear some zeppelin floyd or doors covers. i bet modern gnr could do some crazy studio covers of those bands.  

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 10:11:23 PM »

most alleged live records have tons of editing and manipulating....

Oh, no doubt.  I'd say they all do.

But I own many of these concerts.  So I know just how manipulated they are.  Fake crowd noise is one thing, but completely re-recorded vocals should never be considered. 

Some touch up overdubbing, OK.  But songs like 'My Michelle, 'Pretty Tied Up', 'Estranged'...these are totally new vocals.  That don't sound a thing like the source material.

Did the band ever own up to re-recording vocals, adding crowd noise, etc.?  If so, what was their rational?  So many good shows from that era...what was the need to re-do vocals?
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 11:15:19 PM »

honestly the highlight for me on live era was axl doing It's Alright I love his take on it I even heard on an interview with Bill Ward a while back I forget who it was with but complimented axl's version of it.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2015, 12:03:01 AM »

Totally have always loved It's alright too.
Never knew the vocals were rerecorded.
And  Robin sings on Live era!? That's crazy.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2015, 03:02:09 AM »

Ha! You can't even give GNR a compliment on a good show "not totally terrible"  hihi
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 03:09:13 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2015, 03:16:39 AM »

Some people don't seem to understand that TSI was not intended to be the "next classic GN'R album" and bash it just because they wanted to see an original album. The band said it; it is something they had fun with and something they just wanted to do and put out there. For what it is, I think it is an awesome and especially FUN album. Of course you can't compare a cover album with original albums, but why would you want to? It's not that serious Smiley

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2015, 07:24:37 AM »

Some people don't seem to understand that TSI was not intended to be the "next classic GN'R album" and bash it just because they wanted to see an original album. The band said it; it is something they had fun with and something they just wanted to do and put out there. For what it is, I think it is an awesome and especially FUN album. Of course you can't compare a cover album with original albums, but why would you want to? It's not that serious Smiley

I remember Axl stating, before UYI was released, that they had 2 albums coming out, a soundtrack for Terminator 2 and a covers album..Apparently the covers album was remixed with Gilby, but not sure what happened to the T2 material..
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2015, 07:45:26 AM »

And  Robin sings on Live era!? That's crazy.
My guess is no. But its a possibility.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2015, 07:48:46 AM »

I remember Axl stating, before UYI was released, that they had 2 albums coming out, a soundtrack for Terminator 2 and a covers album..Apparently the covers album was remixed with Gilby, but not sure what happened to the T2 material..
Id guess that the Terminator soundtrack would have got only You Could Be Mine.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2015, 07:50:30 AM »

Ha! You can't even give GNR a compliment on a good show "not totally terrible"  hihi

LOLZ

The entire post, and larger conversation it was a part of, was about sound quality of the bootleg, my dear. 

Read it again.  Out loud if it helps.  No one is judging.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Annie
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2015, 08:48:55 AM »

Live Era is awesome.  I adore that cover of It's Alright.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2015, 08:52:42 AM »

I remember buying both CDs on release day from an actual record store.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2015, 09:01:06 AM »

LOLZ

The entire post, and larger conversation it was a part of, was about sound quality of the bootleg, my dear. 

Read it again.  Out loud if it helps.  No one is judging.

I've only seen you toss out maybe two halfhearted compliments to GNR- Ever.

Read that again. Out loud if it helps. No one is judging you because people can look up your post history and see you clearly are either bitter, butthurt or projecting.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2015, 09:09:35 AM »

Many of the tracks were recorded with original Guns N' Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin during the Use Your Illusion I and II sessions and then were later re-recorded with Gilby Clarke. Those tracks were previously intended to be included in a combined Use Your Illusion album, consisting of three (or possibly four) discs, instead of the two separate discs they ended up being.

In 1992, the band prepared to release the leftover cover tracks as an EP, with Gilby Clarke replacing Stradlin's guitar tracks. They later decided on making the album a full release and recorded several more tracks for it.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2015, 09:12:00 AM »

Read that again. Out loud if it helps. No one is judging you because people can look up your post history and see you clearly are either bitter, butthurt or projecting.

Yeah, good talk.

But, we are in agreement that the conversation you so excitedly jumped into to was about sound quality of bootlegs, yes?

Just want to be sure.  You rather ducked addressing that.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2015, 09:16:38 AM »

Yeah, good talk.

But, we are in agreement that the conversation you so excitedly jumped into to was about sound quality of bootlegs, yes?

Just want to be sure.  You rather ducked addressing that.

Yeah good talk.

You rather ducked addressing my point as well. Care to point out specific instances of you saying something positive about the band?  Once or twice maybe-at a stretch and those isolated instances are far outnumbered by your various whines, complaints, amateur advice  etc. ad nauseum.

Post history doesn't lie.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2015, 09:23:34 AM »

Well, that's two cracks you've had at copping to it.  You are obviously dug in to try and save whatever face you can, however you can.

No matter.  We can all read what's right up there.  I (incorrectly, it seems) just thought you might step up.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2015, 09:25:15 AM »

Many of the tracks were recorded with original Guns N' Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin during the Use Your Illusion I and II sessions and then were later re-recorded with Gilby Clarke. Those tracks were previously intended to be included in a combined Use Your Illusion album, consisting of three (or possibly four) discs, instead of the two separate discs they ended up being.

In 1992, the band prepared to release the leftover cover tracks as an EP, with Gilby Clarke replacing Stradlin's guitar tracks. They later decided on making the album a full release and recorded several more tracks for it.

As far as I remember (!!) they were talking about a "Punk EP" before the Use Your Illusions were released. Then it got expanded with other songs and became a cover album.

Gilby claims he didn't erase Izzy's parts. But then he says he kinda did?

A lot of people think I erased Izzy's parts. That's actually not true. Izzy didn't play on a lot of them, so I got to just put my parts on songs that were recorded. So it was a little bit of both. It was a little bit working with Mike Clink [The Spaghetti Incident? co-producer], just myself and him, and then some of it was the whole band in there recording together.
http://www.songfacts.com/blog/interviews/gilby_clarke/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: