Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:19:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Flashback: My World
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Flashback: My World  (Read 11630 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2015, 07:05:45 PM »

All I found about NIN opening for GNR were two dates.

I read that NIN did 4 dates in Germany, 1 with GNR and 3 were club dates. 

They met up with GNR again at Wembley, which was also Izzy's last show as an official member. All I found was a bootleg and this (for the VMAs, maybe Skid Row and NIN footage exists?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFl6l2Nclh0
The whole Skid Row set from wembley is/was on youtube on proshot. GNRs set is in there in ok quality, not proshot. No NIN footage/audio whatsoever

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2015, 02:14:32 AM »

This song is good. Have the mind of Axl in that time... love it. Try to sing like that.... i was doing that 1 minute ago. Love the grave kind of voice.

YYYYiiiiiiieeeeahhhhh-o!

axlvai
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2015, 02:51:10 AM »

Yeah, I don't think you really got the point there, Emily.

I think you are missing the point as well, he clearly said that any 10 year old child with a computer could make a comparable song to My World, so I asked for proof.

You then go off on your usual tangent, and ask if he can create it under Axl's name, which is a pretty bizarre request-
But I'm sure you had your usual anti-Axl Agenda in mind.

Next time you decide to white knight and play keyboard warrior for someone else, at least have a valid approach in mind.  Kiss
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 02:52:46 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2015, 03:55:51 AM »

My World is just  a bad filler. A 10 years old child can do better with any computer today. It was just like a "we can use computers too" thing.

Are you at least 10? Let's put your little theory to the test. Compose a better song on your computer and let us hear it. Cheesy

Lyrics too.

Does he get to put Axl's name on it too, so it's judged in that light?

Fair is fair.

Nope, he said a 10 year old with a computer could do better so I want to see the proof on that.

Always the same boring stuff...When you have to defend mr Rose it's always the same old story... My World is nothing more than a filler, wanted or not. If you don't understand that it was a fun thing from mr Rose, if you don't understand that 1:34 min song with 20 secs of lyrics on it is nothing more than a joke, well, you should enlarge your musical panorama, really.

"AXL: I want to do some stuff on my own, but not as a means of trying to prove my own sense of identity. You know the song My World on Use Your Illusion II? I want to do a whole project like that by myself and with whoever else might want to be on it. But right now it?s just me and a computer engineer. It?s just raw expression ? just putting ideas together. We just go in, say ?what do we want to do? and get to work. We completed My World in three hours. It?s something that I need to get out of my system, but it?s not something I want to base my career and future on."

Noob...

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2015, 04:03:30 AM »

My World is just  a bad filler. A 10 years old child can do better with any computer today. It was just like a "we can use computers too" thing.

Are you at least 10? Let's put your little theory to the test. Compose a better song on your computer and let us hear it. Cheesy

Lyrics too.

Fair is fair.

Nope, he said a 10 year old with a computer could do better so I want to see the proof on that.

Always the same boring stuff...When you have to defend mr Rose it's always the same old story... My World is nothing more than a filler, wanted or not. If you don't understand that it was a fun thing from mr Rose, if you don't understand that 1:34 min song with 20 secs of lyrics on it is nothing more than a joke, well, you should enlarge your musical panorama, really.

"AXL: I want to do some stuff on my own, but not as a means of trying to prove my own sense of identity. You know the song My World on Use Your Illusion II? I want to do a whole project like that by myself and with whoever else might want to be on it. But right now it?s just me and a computer engineer. It?s just raw expression ? just putting ideas together. We just go in, say ?what do we want to do? and get to work. We completed My World in three hours. It?s something that I need to get out of my system, but it?s not something I want to base my career and future on."

Noob...

LOL @Noob and "enlarging my musical panorama" Bet I was buying music and going to shows long before you.

Where in your quote does it say My World was a "filler?" or "Joke" -Can you highlight that specific phrase, I seem to be overlooking it.

Thanks  hihi
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:22:02 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2015, 04:09:51 AM »

Lyrics too.

Fair is fair.

Noob...

LOL @Noob and "enlarging my musical panorama" Bet I was buying music and going to shows long before you.

Where in your quote does it say My World was a joke? Can you highlight that specific phrase, I seem to be overlooking it.

Thanks  hihi

Yeah, go on...Wasted time and wasted words, play alone...cya
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2015, 04:11:52 AM »

Lyrics too.

Fair is fair.

Noob...

Where in your quote does it say My World was a joke? Can you highlight that specific phrase, I seem to be overlooking it.

Thanks  hihi

Yeah, go on...Wasted time and wasted words, play alone...cya

Great original, witty and informative Comeback Cheesy

The quote you provided was from 1992, here's one from the chats of 2008

Axl: Unfinished 1st run 1st dabbling/experimenting all in fun demo that became Duff?s favorite song at the time telling me how he loved to blast it at his house with Ice T and the Bodycount guys before Illusions came out and before it was decided to be on the record. I wanted to try and develop it and wanted guitars of some kind but Slash felt and his words at the Record Plant in all seriousness were ?It?s perfect? and Slash and Duff were the deciding factor to have it on the album. [...] Personally I feel Duff legitimately liked it but I can?t say Slash did in the same way. In fact I feel he was keenly aware some would take issue with the track and against me so for him in that sense it was ?perfect?. Imo Duff wasn?t aware or part of that and was ?used? unwittingly for support in talking me out of developing it or not including it which at the time I had no real intention of using as is [chinesedemocracy.com, December 14, 2008].
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:15:05 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2015, 07:28:08 AM »

Funny how I just posted that same quote.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: