Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 10:43:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did DJ acknowledge stepping out of GNR because of Slash's return?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did DJ acknowledge stepping out of GNR because of Slash's return?  (Read 15317 times)
Annie
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2015, 01:07:47 PM »

I seriously doubt he is trying to feed off of any GNR hype or whatever.  I think you are giving to much credit to the GNR name as it stands now.
Nope. The reunion hype took on a life of its own and he wanted his small share. Just my .02
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2015, 03:17:59 PM »

He doesn't gain anything from it though.  Please tell me what you think he gains from it.  I'm really curious.  As it is he stands to gain nothing from GNR and it's my opinion that he never gained anything from being in GNR.
Annie
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2015, 03:28:01 PM »

He doesn't gain anything from it though.  Please tell me what you think he gains from it.  I'm really curious.  As it is he stands to gain nothing from GNR and it's my opinion that he never gained anything from being in GNR.
I thought I was na?ve. Any publicity is good publicity. He and N6 think that Sixx AM is going to be as big as Motley Crue and GNR. I think the stuff is Ok. Kinda mediocre actually after I listened to it a few months after the initial concert back in April of this year. Just getting their names out there.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 03:29:58 PM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2015, 03:34:44 PM »

I thought I was na?ve. Any publicity is good publicity. He and N6 think that Sixx AM is going to be as big as Motley Crue and GNR. I think the stuff is Ok. Kinda mediocre actually after I listened to it a few months after the initial concert back in April of this year. Just getting their names out there.

He definitely gained. 

I, like a lot of people I bet, never even heard of the dude before he joined up.  Same with half of the new guys.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2015, 04:03:45 PM »

You guys know he was already associated with Motley Crue, a band that was just about as big as GNR.  He already had his name out there.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2015, 04:11:01 PM »

You guys know he was already associated with Motley Crue, a band that was just about as big as GNR.  He already had his name out there.

Are you comparing co-writing songs for Motley with standing in the spotlight, playing the SCOM intro as the headliner of Rock in Rio?

I think we all know of Dj's past achievements. However impressive they may have been, none of them gained him as much attention as being in GNR.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Annie
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2015, 04:17:33 PM »

Yes and since he and N6 think SIXX AM will be as big as Motley Crue they grabbed onto the reunion speculations to get free publicity for themselves. The music business is ruthless.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 04:19:12 PM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
Annie
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2015, 04:18:11 PM »

Are you comparing co-writing songs for Motley with standing in the spotlight, playing the SCOM intro as the headliner of Rock in Rio?

I think we all know of Dj's past achievements. However impressive they may have been, none of them gained him as much attention as being in GNR.
That is very true.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2015, 05:00:30 PM »

Sure, his name was out there. But especially outside the USA, being in GN'R has defnitely helped.
Also, Motley Crue might be as big as GN'R in certain markets, but not on the worldwide stage. GN'R headlines festivals, a farewell touring Motley Crue doesn't.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2015, 05:20:52 PM »

Honestly, I can not see another band that was so successful as Guns N' Roses in the last 30 years, maybe Oasis ? Yes maybe.

I live in Brazil and I can say that Motley Crue is not as well known as the Guns .

Guns has not lost its importance in the rock , but its relevance is not the same .

I do not see a guilty by the end of the band , everyone has their version of the facts, if they were mature enough to handle the pressure of being the biggest rock band at the time , probably today would be together
scans n' copies
Headliner

I still say "OK, nevermind" when I hear s.o.d.

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2015, 06:46:33 PM »

I think that DJ joined GnR with the intention of it being his main gig, which may or may not have been required by Axl or management or whomever.  But we have to remember that was before all this Motley Crue retirement stuff.  I think that in the last couple of years N6 has decided to really focus on Sixx AM and made DJ pick.  He did and that's that.  Just how it seems to me like it could have played out.

And I'm one of those that had never heard of him before.  I had seen him in a video but didn't know his name or anything.  So I'm in the camp that GnR helped him a lot more than he helped it.

We finally got a U.S. tour!!!!!!!!!!!
Annie
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2015, 07:12:21 PM »

I think that DJ joined GnR with the intention of it being his main gig, which may or may not have been required by Axl or management or whomever.  But we have to remember that was before all this Motley Crue retirement stuff.  I think that in the last couple of years N6 has decided to really focus on Sixx AM and made DJ pick.  He did and that's that.  Just how it seems to me like it could have played out.

And I'm one of those that had never heard of him before.  I had seen him in a video but didn't know his name or anything.  So I'm in the camp that GnR helped him a lot more than he helped it.
You hit the nail right on the head.
These were N6 exact words at the SIXX AM show at the VIc Theater in April 2015.
 I was going to retire. but thanks to you guys, the fans, fuck that shit. We're going for WORLD DOMINATION.

Well there is a big difference between playing small gigs for diehards and world domination.
I thought Amazing Grace was going to be the next Les Miz. I was wrong . It closed in October on Broadway.
Les Miz just celebrated its 30th anniversary.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 07:14:44 PM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2015, 07:38:15 PM »

Sure, his name was out there. But especially outside the USA, being in GN'R has defnitely helped.
Also, Motley Crue might be as big as GN'R in certain markets, but not on the worldwide stage. GN'R headlines festivals, a farewell touring Motley Crue doesn't.

/jarmo

Motley has had tremendous success, but I would never say they made it to the level of a Guns N Roses, Metallica,or a band like Van Halen.  They are a band I like but they are known just as much for their theatrics and off stage antics as their music.  Very successful band but they never had records that took the world by storm like those other bands I mentioned .
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2015, 07:42:13 PM »

Honestly, I can not see another band that was so successful as Guns N' Roses in the last 30 years, maybe Oasis ? Yes maybe.

U2
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2015, 08:22:11 PM »

Huh.  Must have been just me then!  I knew who he was and who he was associated with and I'm not that big of a Crue fan. 

I'm still not sure what he got out of it.  Yes he was another guitarist for GNR but how does that benefit him exactly?  There is a stigma with that now.  It didn't help his career in Sixx AM in anyway that I can see. 

And as far as Sixx and Ashba latching onto reunion rumors, I just don't see it.  They talked about it and Ashba made a little comment on Fakebook?  Now if they were talking about trying to open for the reunion then yes I see where you could say they are attaching themselves to the hype.  Otherwise they are just conversing is the way I see it. 

I was still interested in what him and Axl could bring to the table.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2015, 10:36:12 PM »

Bon Jovi, U2, Metallica and Iron Maiden. All surpassed GNR in popularity, brand name value, ticket and album sales.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2015, 11:55:52 PM »

Bon Jovi, U2, Metallica and Iron Maiden. All surpassed GNR in popularity, brand name value, ticket and album sales.

Commercially speaking, an obvious yes for Metallica and U2.  The argument can be made for Bon Jovi but a definite no for Iron Maiden.  Maiden is a niche band, never had the crossover appeal of the other bands and never even had a number 1 record here in the States.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2015, 03:36:42 AM »

I agree with this synopsis, also worth remembering that N6 has never been supportive nor positive about Axl, or GNR for that matter.

Jealousy maybe  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2015, 06:33:48 AM »

Red Hot Chilli Peppers probably are/ have been bigger as well. 

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2015, 07:33:39 AM »

I'm still not sure what he got out of it.  Yes he was another guitarist for GNR but how does that benefit him exactly?  There is a stigma with that now.  It didn't help his career in Sixx AM in anyway that I can see. 

You don't think more people checked out his other stuff because he was in GN'R?
Meaning his band and clothing line.

Same goes for almost anybody who joined the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: