Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:31:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did DJ acknowledge stepping out of GNR because of Slash's return?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did DJ acknowledge stepping out of GNR because of Slash's return?  (Read 15379 times)
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2015, 06:11:52 AM »

I think this the wheels going in motion for a reunion may have going on for quite a while. Possible he knew

The head of AEG said Axl was talking about a 'reunion' at the last Vegas residency. That and all the Chinese whispers that went on after that run & the return of duff (the chapter about reconnecting with Axl in his new book anyone??). Bumblefoot's said in interviews he CAN'T say more but GN'R will be fine & his releases are all a plan for his future.

It's on. Just hope the announcement is soon... Very soon. 😀
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2015, 07:11:40 AM »

So I was right.  Grin
In that he has you fooled as well. On that point I can agree. +2 for Team DJ

There's a slight difference, I say he was sacked because a reunion was coming. It seems dj is saying he ''stepped down'' so there could be a reunion. In the eyes of the public that will probably be the official version. But its basically the same thing.
Neither version is true.   DJ left to be in Sixx Am full time.  N6 wants world domination. So they glom onto anything GNR related in their ruthless pursuit to achieve this goal. Just my .02

But DJ had co-existed in both Guns and Sixx:AM for a long time without having to pick between the two.  But then (wait for it)...something changed.  IMO, that something was DJ learning (maybe he didn't have actual knowledge but a good hunch) that a reunion was in the works or that Axl wasn't going to be using any current lineup material in the next album.  Also, your claim about DJ and Nikki is just your opinion, right?  Some people get crucified here for posting opinion as fact...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2015, 07:32:26 AM »

But DJ had co-existed in both Guns and Sixx:AM for a long time without having to pick between the two.  But then (wait for it)...something changed.  IMO, that something was DJ learning (maybe he didn't have actual knowledge but a good hunch) that a reunion was in the works or that Axl wasn't going to be using any current lineup material in the next album.

This is my take on it as well.

One can argue that he left because Sixx AM would be full on touring next year. But still, since GNR don't have any concrete plans ? at least known to any of the band members at the time Dj left ? it would be strange for Dj to just leave GNR, just assuming that the touring schedules would collide.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Annie
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2015, 07:48:07 AM »

So I was right.  Grin

There's a slight difference, I say he was sacked because a reunion was coming. It seems dj is saying he ''stepped down'' so there could be a reunion. In the eyes of the public that will probably be the official version. But its basically the same thing.
Neither version is true.   DJ left to be in Sixx Am full time.  N6 wants world domination. So they glom onto anything GNR related in their ruthless pursuit to achieve this goal. Just my .02

But DJ had co-existed in both Guns and Sixx:AM for a long time without having to pick between the two.  But then (wait for it)...something changed.  IMO, that something was DJ learning (maybe he didn't have actual knowledge but a good hunch) that a reunion was in the works or that Axl wasn't going to be using any current lineup material in the next album.  Also, your claim about DJ and Nikki is just your opinion, right?  Some people get crucified here for posting opinion as fact...
It is my opinion. But I really think DJ is just putting a spin on this to promote himself. And he has all of you guys believing him. Damn he is good at PR. It is my hunch that he saw yet another opportunity for attention to put out that tweet.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 07:51:11 AM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2015, 07:59:31 AM »

So I was right.  Grin

It is my opinion. But I really think DJ is just putting a spin on this to promote himself. And he has all of you guys believing him. Damn he is good at PR. It is my hunch that he saw yet another opportunity for attention to put out that tweet.

I think we can all agree that Dj is very fond of putting his name out there. Wouldn't Dj's opportunities to promote himself be ten times bigger if he had just stayed in GNR? I don't see the logic here...

Sweetness is a virtue
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2015, 08:01:24 AM »

So I was right.  Grin

I think we can all agree that Dj is very fond of putting his name out there. Wouldn't Dj's opportunities to promote himself be ten times bigger if he had just stayed in GNR? I don't see the logic here...

Correct.  The only reason I know his name exists is because he was in Guns.  Had no clue who he was before. 
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2015, 08:16:05 AM »

he wrote this song and been in the LA-scene b4 gnr.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2015, 08:18:46 AM »

DJ isn't fit to lick Axl's or Tommy's or Izzy's or any of the classic lineup's ..... Kiss

DJ is where he needs to be. Simple as that.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Annie
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2015, 08:35:53 AM »

So I was right.  Grin

Correct.  The only reason I know his name exists is because he was in Guns.  Had no clue who he was before. 
Which is why he continues to capitalize on the GNR brand at any given opportunity.  And I find it very annoying that he is slyly putting it out there that he made some sort of noble sacrifice to pave the way for a reunion.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 08:41:45 AM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2015, 08:41:31 AM »

Which is why he continues to capitalize on the GNR brand at any given opportunity.

But the point is that Dj would gain most publicity in the long run if he had stayed in GNR. For a guy supposedly such a PR genius, it seems like a really bad move of him to just leave GNR. Sure, there's news headlines during his announcement and some opportunities to get in the spotlight in the aftermath... But fast forward one year, there's no real opportunities for Dj to associate himself with GNR in the press ? he's now in Sixx AM, a lesser band than GNR.

Sweetness is a virtue
Annie
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2015, 08:44:08 AM »

Which is why he continues to capitalize on the GNR brand at any given opportunity.

But the point is that Dj would gain most publicity in the long run if he had stayed in GNR. For a guy supposedly such a PR genius, it seems like a really bad move of him to just leave GNR. Sure, there's news headlines during his announcement and some opportunities to get in the spotlight in the aftermath... But fast forward one year, there's no real opportunities for Dj to associate himself with GNR in the press ? he's now in Sixx AM, a lesser band than GNR.
At the SIXX Am concert I attended in Chicago N6 says he wants world domination. I sincerely doubt that will happen. So you are 100 percent correct, which is why DJ continues to milk any opportunity to mention GNR. I liked a few Sixx Am songs like STARS but they are nowhere near the same league as any GNR song. And I just feel compelled to post about this so alternative nation doesn't pick this up as their next "story" like they are doing with Scott Weiland.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 08:48:47 AM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2015, 08:49:12 AM »

At the SIXX Am concert I attended in Chicago N6 says he wants world domination. I sincerely doubt that will happen. So you are 100 percent correct, which is why DJ continues to milk any opportunity to mention GNR. I liked a few Sixx Am songs like STARS but they are nowhere near the same league as any GNR song.

So, you don't think it's strange of Dj to leave GNR in order to be in Sixx AM full time? Why wouldn't he at least try to juggle both bands.. As far as I can see, he left GNR before he even knew if there would be scheduling conflicts in the future.

Personally, I have a feeling that Dj leaving wasn't 100% his own decision, but out of courtesy they let him write the letter he did.

Sweetness is a virtue
Annie
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2015, 08:50:46 AM »

At the SIXX Am concert I attended in Chicago N6 says he wants world domination. I sincerely doubt that will happen. So you are 100 percent correct, which is why DJ continues to milk any opportunity to mention GNR. I liked a few Sixx Am songs like STARS but they are nowhere near the same league as any GNR song.

So, you don't think it's strange of Dj to leave GNR in order to be in Sixx AM full time? Why wouldn't he at least try to juggle both bands.. As far as I can see, he left GNR before he even knew if there would be scheduling conflicts in the future.

Personally, I have a feeling that Dj leaving wasn't 100% his own decision, but out of courtesy they let him write the letter he did.
Yes, I still believe that he was heavily influenced by N6 and I still believe his letter was a calculated PR stunt. Just like his newest noble sacrifice spin.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2015, 09:03:10 AM »

he wrote this song and been in the LA-scene b4 gnr.

Right, and I knew none of that before he joined Guns.  I would suspect that many other people didn't either.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2015, 09:19:13 AM »

Yes, I still believe that he was heavily influenced by N6 and I still believe his letter was a calculated PR stunt. Just like his newest noble sacrifice spin.

Ha! Ashba made a "noble sacrifice" and Scott Weiland is the next Nostradamus.  hihi

Amazing what you learn about on the internet Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2015, 09:24:17 AM »

And I find it very annoying that he is slyly putting it out there that he made some sort of noble sacrifice to pave the way for a reunion.

He has done what?

Annie
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2015, 09:35:50 AM »

And I find it very annoying that he is slyly putting it out there that he made some sort of noble sacrifice to pave the way for a reunion.

He has done what?
Read between the lines baby. hihi
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2015, 09:57:44 AM »

tsk tsk, reunion-psychosis Tongue i tell ya, u all gone mad!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:03:02 AM by norway » Logged

Annie
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2015, 10:50:53 AM »

tsk tsk, reunion-psychosis Tongue i tell ya, u all gone mad!
Not in this case.! rant
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2015, 12:54:50 PM »

I seriously doubt he is trying to feed off of any GNR hype or whatever.  I think you are giving to much credit to the GNR name as it stands now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: