Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 08:11:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did DJ acknowledge stepping out of GNR because of Slash's return?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did DJ acknowledge stepping out of GNR because of Slash's return?  (Read 15296 times)
Annie
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2015, 08:51:13 AM »

I'm still not sure what he got out of it.  Yes he was another guitarist for GNR but how does that benefit him exactly?  There is a stigma with that now.  It didn't help his career in Sixx AM in anyway that I can see. 

You don't think more people checked out his other stuff because he was in GN'R?
Meaning his band and clothing line.

Same goes for almost anybody who joined the band.

/jarmo

That was true for me. I was a huge fan at one time before he showed his true colors. I bought some of his clothes for myself and some friends. Even dressed up a TED bear in some Ashba swag that was a gift for a friend. I still think he is a good designer and guitar player. Just not someone with a lot of integrity when it comes to friendship. And he is a master at PR. But I have never liked N6 or Motley Crue. Only went to see SIXX Am because I really liked Dj's work in GNR.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:55:30 AM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2015, 10:51:20 AM »

Honestly, I can not see another band that was so successful as Guns N' Roses in the last 30 years, maybe Oasis ? Yes maybe.

Bon Jovi, U2, Metallica and Iron Maiden. All surpassed GNR in popularity, brand name value, ticket and album sales.

Commercially speaking, an obvious yes for Metallica and U2.  The argument can be made for Bon Jovi but a definite no for Iron Maiden.  Maiden is a niche band, never had the crossover appeal of the other bands and never even had a number 1 record here in the States.

did not mean big in record sales or shows, I mean a world cultural impact band , a real rock band with attitude , the other mentioned bands were higher for the Guns N 'Roses did not continue his legacy. Nirvana ruled the world in 1993 and 1994 because it no longer existed Guns . Nirvana became more famous after the death of Cobain, I do not dispute musical tastes , but Nirvana has only nervermind as classic album . U2 released good records , only a few good records , the last relevant album Rock was AFD .
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2015, 12:49:55 PM »

well, guitarist in GNR, even these days, great gig, great pay, travelling around the world, playing big crowds and festivals,
giving you notoriety and publicity, sounds like a perfect job to me.

when someone quits the band, he has the right to use it for his publicity, he was part of it, I have no problem with that.
it's like writing on your C.V where you worked. it's part of your pedigree for life, and that's ok.

DJ & Ron have their own brands, very different ways to run it, but same generation, so that's interesting...I thought one
will quit GNR, and the other will stay and produce the LP with Axl. of course I wanted DJ out because I think Ron is
more talented, better guitarist and better songwriter. and probably as good as DJ as producing.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Annie
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2015, 01:28:21 PM »

well, guitarist in GNR, even these days, great gig, great pay, travelling around the world, playing big crowds and festivals,

when someone quits the band, he has the right to use it for his publicity, he was part of it, I have no problem with that.
it's like writing on your C.V where you worked. it's part of your pedigree for life, and that's ok.

DJ & Ron have their own brands, very different ways to run it, but same generation, so that's interesting...I thought one
will quit GNR, and the other will stay and produce the LP with Axl. of course I wanted DJ out because I think Ron is
more talented, better guitarist and better songwriter. and probably as good as DJ as producing.

I don't have a problem with people having something on their resume. I do have a problem with people   putting their own spin on a situation  that could be potentially be put out as truth by that horrible clickbait site alternativenation. They seem to get some of their" breaking news" from GNR forums.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:31:53 PM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2015, 01:48:47 PM »

Until that great gig cuts into what really makes you happy and prevents you from seeking true fulfillment.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2015, 07:40:41 PM »

Honestly, I can not see another band that was so successful as Guns N' Roses in the last 30 years, maybe Oasis ? Yes maybe.

Bon Jovi, U2, Metallica and Iron Maiden. All surpassed GNR in popularity, brand name value, ticket and album sales.

Commercially speaking, an obvious yes for Metallica and U2.  The argument can be made for Bon Jovi but a definite no for Iron Maiden.  Maiden is a niche band, never had the crossover appeal of the other bands and never even had a number 1 record here in the States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Final_Frontier_World_Tour
^^

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2015, 02:01:31 AM »

To a lot of people DJ, being a LA-themed performer, actually helped gnr's publicity and presentation.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
DeN
Legend

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2015, 07:06:20 AM »

Until that great gig cuts into what really makes you happy and prevents you from seeking true fulfillment.

I think, being in GUNS, you have enough free time to do whatever you want, at least in studio. touring, can be a problem.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2015, 07:35:52 AM »

I think, being in GUNS, you have enough free time to do whatever you want, at least in studio. touring, can be a problem.

Richard, and to some extent Dizzy, has managed this for years.
Tommy's done the same in the past, had scheduling conflicts last year though.

Two guitar players obviously thought the two couldn't be combined and chose to focus on their solo career and other bands.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2015, 11:22:06 AM »

yeah, I'm not sure I buy this official reason

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2015, 11:40:02 AM »

Two guitar players obviously thought the two couldn't be combined and chose to focus on their solo career and other bands.

/jarmo

Or, two guitar players (and a bassist) became aware that the band's plans changed and were now focused on a reunion that would not include them.  That's possible too, right?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2015, 11:42:06 AM »

Or, two guitar players (and a bassist) became aware that the band's plans changed and were now focused on a reunion that would not include them.  That's possible too, right?

Well Bumblefoot has been saying all kinds of things for years. So...
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-if-i-have-to-choose-between-guns-n-roses-and-the-rest-of-my-life-im-out/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2015, 02:18:11 PM »

Rumors of a possible meeting have never been so strong as now.

Something 's happening
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2015, 02:31:33 PM »

Rumors of a possible meeting have never been so strong as now.

Something 's happening

Yeah. People jump to conclusions and assume.
Slash's tour is over. He has free time.

It's easy to come to the conclusion that he's gonna use that free time for a secret meeting.

/jarmo

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2015, 02:56:15 PM »

Sure, overlook the obvious, glaring fact that they both quit to focus on other projects  Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2015, 03:37:33 PM »

Sure, overlook the obvious, glaring fact that they both quit to focus on other projects  Roll Eyes

Ok, and you overlook the obvious, glaring fact that for the past several years they were all able to work on both.  ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2015, 12:38:16 PM »

Ok, and you overlook the obvious, glaring fact that for the past several years they were all able to work on both.  ok

But it wasn't the main focus....

If you're doing both, then one will always be the priority. That was GN'R. If GN'R booked a tour, they'd have to cancel their other plans.
Now, with the shift of focus, they don't.

/jarmo

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2015, 01:48:36 PM »

If you're doing both, then one will always be the priority. That was GN'R. If GN'R booked a tour, they'd have to cancel their other plans.

Right, which means their entire lives were centered around not only what GNR did, but the anticipation of what GNR might be doing in the future.  They knew they could never plan anything long-term (career, family, etc) because it would feasibly be interrupted by GNR plans.  Their entire lives were shackled to GNR, and it wore them down.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2015, 01:52:12 PM »

Right, which means their entire lives were centered around not only what GNR did, but the anticipation of what GNR might be doing in the future.  They knew they could never plan anything long-term (career, family, etc) because it would feasibly be interrupted by GNR plans.  Their entire lives were shackled to GNR, and it wore them down.

Yeah.

So they were doing both, but they couldn't focus on their solo stuff.
It's different to be able to only focus on the solo stuff and not have to worry about GN'R.

/jarmo

Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2015, 02:03:27 PM »

this new machine nickel Hunting with only Axl , Duff and Slash , it would be a sign between the lines ?

Its so fucking estranged, so confuse !!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: